Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

***IBL 2011 Title Defense Thread***

Fellas, we have a title to defend.

Aside from my own personal brilliance, we were victorious last season due to superior teamwork, strategy and effort. If we are to maintain that success and keep FFT at its rightful place atop the Fantasy Football World, we need to officially begin the process.

I know there was chatter in January after we won the title, but that has obviously died down in the months after. But now, with May upon us and Finals Week next week concluding my semester for the summer, it's time to get things brewing once more. I know everyone wont be checking in during this time of the year, but we can easily contact them personally.

This thread is just to regroup and see where we stand (is TDZ ready for this year?) and gauge interest from potential candidates who may have missed this during the first go-round or want to reaffirm their candidacy.

Dan, Fumble, Ray, Vikes, I'll cede to you gentlemen when you show up. Just looking to get the ball bouncing.

Alright, I'm all out of 'get started' cliches. Let's start the back-to-back campaign and repeat. :pointstosky:

Fellas, we have a title to defend.

Aside from my own personal brilliance, we were victorious last season due to superior teamwork, strategy and effort. If we are to maintain that success and keep FFT at its rightful place atop the Fantasy Football World, we need to officially begin the process.

I know there was chatter in January after we won the title, but that has obviously died down in the months after. But now, with May upon us and Finals Week next week concluding my semester for the summer, it's time to get things brewing once more. I know everyone wont be checking in during this time of the year, but we can easily contact them personally.

This thread is just to regroup and see where we stand (is TDZ ready for this year?) and gauge interest from potential candidates who may have missed this during the first go-round or want to reaffirm their candidacy.

Dan, Fumble, Ray, Vikes, I'll cede to you gentlemen when you show up. Just looking to get the ball bouncing.

Alright, I'm all out of 'get started' cliches. Let's start the back-to-back campaign and repeat. :pointstosky:

Are all spots filled for this year? I saw some application thread a while back but I was very new to posting here and thought I would see what FFT was all about before commiting?

Are all spots filled for this year? I saw some application thread a while back but I was very new to posting here and thought I would see what FFT was all about before commiting?

I would still like to be considered.

you're more than welcome to throw your hat in the ring. To my knowledge we have 11/12 team members returning for our title defense so there will be 1 opening.

a few months ago we did a preliminary feeler and got a few interested FFToday members.

im not sure what Dan, Fumble and the vets have in mind but my best guess is that all interested applicants will be discussed at our war room and a decision will be made some time before mid June to allow ample time for our newbie to get an understanding of the IBL and how our team works together.

you're more than welcome to throw your hat in the ring. To my knowledge we have 11/12 team members returning for our title defense so there will be 1 opening.

a few months ago we did a preliminary feeler and got a few interested FFToday members.

im not sure what Dan, Fumble and the vets have in mind but my best guess is that all interested applicants will be discussed at our war room and a decision will be made some time before mid June to allow ample time for our newbie to get an understanding of the IBL and how our team works together.

cool, thanks

Just PM me the war room login info and I'll be there. :thumbsup:

GO TEAM GO :first:

id cast a vote for u

Just PM me the war room login info and I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Sellout. You had a good individual performance, we could have used you. :thumbsdown:

I'd like to do this at some point, but life is gonna be hectic this spring/summer and I don't know how much time I'd be able to devote.....so I'm out. I'd like to see lambert58 join the crew though.

At any rate, good luck this year.

First place in 2010 almost erases the last place finish in 09.

its a "what have you done for me lately?" world. so we're pretty satisfied.

one of the best parts about our 2010 title run was all the shiat that livewire team was talking after week 1 :lol: Never heard from them again

I'd like to do this at some point, but life is gonna be hectic this spring/summer and I don't know how much time I'd be able to devote.....so I'm out. I'd like to see lambert58 join the crew though.

At any rate, good luck this year.

:cheers:

its a "what have you done for me lately?" world. so we're pretty satisfied.

one of the best parts about our 2010 title run was all the shiat that livewire team was talking after week 1 :lol: Never heard from them again

Not true, I came here and took my medicine. :nono:

To me's comment, I didn't sell out -- I hang out there as well as here, and they needed an owner (if I recall it was their first year in IBL). Good bunch of guys, much like the peeps here. If that team dissolved, I'd be happy to play for FFT, if you'd have me. But until that happens, we're going to kick your one-year-wonder asses this year. :banana:

To me's comment, I didn't sell out -- I hang out there as well as here, and they needed an owner (if I recall it was their first year in IBL). Good bunch of guys, much like the peeps here. If that team dissolved, I'd be happy to play for FFT, if you'd have me. But until that happens, we're going to kick your one-year-wonder asses this year. :banana:

:lol:

did MKB4 get through his illness? Wasnt' he really sick at one point? I do like those emoticons over there :lock:

oh I know, I'm just giving you grief. You posted on livewire before I did, so I know you've been there several years. :thumbsup:

Still interested as well fwiw. Once actual fantasy talk starts it seems like a normal offseason. Hope to be considered...and....If not...well...may Rashard Mendenhall make disparaging comments about you on Twitter!!!

Newbies have to be my cell-b!tch for the first two weeks..... :bandana:

I've been married twice.... what's another pain in the a$$? :rolleyes:

I've been married twice.... what's another pain in the a$? :rolleyes:

You have my pity.. :D

That's cool with me...I have unlimited minutes and texts...

:sleep:

Easy man. It's still a tad bit early.

You don't want to be fantasy football burned out by August.

Like KSB said, doubt we get much more interest in this thread for awhile. Especially in a year where a football season isn't even guarenteed yet.

The way I see it a lockout is the only thing that can stop team fftoday...

also, you guys can always check in at the war room where we have begun to discuss current candidates.

The way I see it a lockout is the only thing that can stop team fftoday...

or if I re joined the team :ninja:

:D

You're there in spirit. And don't worry, Fumble and I are holding it down for Big Blue. :pointstosky:

Good luck fellas.

We lost a ringer and picked up a ringer so far this year.

Dan I put a bug in the ear at Sharks to get going as well.

Do we know if Cafe is coming back?

Kick some arse FFT!

:pointstosky:

I feel pretty

Yup

Likely won't make our final choice until mid June

4 candidates atm

Yup

Likely won't make our final choice until mid June

4 candidates atm

:nono:

congrats to team fftoday for winning the 2010 ibl championship.................

and ray lewis congrats to you for winning my ncaa tournament pool on yahoo! this year! i posted on the message board there you were the winner but never heard back from you..........i give a 20.00 chick-fil-a gift card to the winner each year....so e-mail me your mailing address and i'll send it to you......i see the baltimore area has several locations.....if you've never eaten there you are in for a treat....it's a little slice of heavenly southern cooking on the chicken side...............enjoy!

I feel like a hibernating bear this year . . . been an incredibly busy winter and spring. It's time to get this buggy rolling, though. I'm going to try something different this year . . . I'm going to win games. I've heard that this results in greater success, though I'm cynical.

congrats to team fftoday for winning the 2010 ibl championship.................

and ray lewis congrats to you for winning my ncaa tournament pool on yahoo! this year! i posted on the message board there you were the winner but never heard back from you..........i give a 20.00 chick-fil-a gift card to the winner each year....so e-mail me your mailing address and i'll send it to you......i see the baltimore area has several locations.....if you've never eaten there you are in for a treat....it's a little slice of heavenly southern cooking on the chicken side...............enjoy!

I did not realize I had one yours, thanks. I would graciously accept your prize. They just opened a chik-fil-a a couple blocks away, and interestingly right next to the LA fitness.

I will PM you my info..... :thumbsup:

First place in 2010 almost erases the last place finish in 09.

I'd say it completely erases it. We did last year what hasn't been done before in going "worst-to-first." Who doesn't love a comeback story?

We're America's Darlings.