Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Hanyesworth(less) to NE

Washington traded DT Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a fifth-round pick in 2013.

Thank God this malcontent is gone !

He won't be a malcontent with the Pats. It won't be allowed even if he tries it. He will get his act together for BB. Just like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss did when they arrived in NE. That defensive line is looking awesome.

being from boston this is a win win for us..We gave up a 5th round pick for the best defensive tackle 2/3 years ago?? he wanted to play the 4/3 rather than the 3/4 him and wilfork next to eachother is going to be rediclious!!

I think he is a turd, but it is a great move by NE. Low risk with a potential high reward. To spend a 5th rounder to see if he can be motivated again is well worth it.

Watch Haynesworth now turn back into a Pro Bowler. They did it with Dillon and Moss. While Haynesworth is a bigger piece of turd, if any team is going to get him to play right, it is NE.

He won't be a malcontent with the Pats. It won't be allowed even if he tries it. He will get his act together for BB. Just like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss did when they arrived in NE. That defensive line is looking awesome.

Dillon became a Pat in 2004. Moss became a Pat in 2007 and we saw old Randy last year not trying and then getting himself run out of town. Who's the defensive player who will get in Albert's face when he screws up? Is Tom Terrific going to? Welker? :lol:

It's 2011. The Pats are still a very good team but they don't have those locker room guys like Tedy or Vrabel anymore.

Dillon became a Pat in 2004. Moss became a Pat in 2007 and we saw old Randy last year not trying and then getting himself run out of town. Who's the defensive player who will get in Albert's face when he screws up? Is Tom Terrific going to? Welker? :lol:

It's 2011. The Pats are still a very good team but they don't have those locker room guys like Tedy or Vrabel anymore.

mayo is a stud! He might not be the savy vetran like tedy or vrabel but he will keep albert in check..

I think he is a turd, but it is a great move by NE. Low risk with a potential high reward. To spend a 5th rounder to see if he can be motivated again is well worth it.

yup, he's a bad guy.

I'd like to see the NE fans all show up with signs reading: "Pay that kid's Medical Bills Albert" (in reference to the 25yr old kid that Albert injured while racing his Ferrari on the highway).

BUT

It is a fantastic football personell move. Another low risk - high reward move by NE. A fifth round pick? And if Albert won't get in line, he's gone with nothing lost for NE (a 5th rounder = nothing).

With Ty Warren coming back this year, Vince Wilfork, and Albert Haynewsorth? Seriously? That line could be devastating! It's tasty potential.

being from boston this is a win win for us..We gave up a 5th round pick for the best defensive tackle 2/3 years ago?? he wanted to play the 4/3 rather than the 3/4 him and wilfork next to eachother is going to be rediclious!!

Really? Wilfork next to Haynesworth is going to be ridiculous? He didn't even play last year. He is a guy that is overweight to begin with and most likely isn't even in that great of shape.

Now, if you want to talk about a ridiculous tandom, see if the Jets get Asomugha and Revis...That would be ridiculous.

I do think it is a low risk for the Pats, all they lose is a 5th round pick if they cut him before the season starts, and the Pats always have a couple draft picks they can afford to lose to take a chance. I don't see him as being a pro bowler again though. Most likely just a good rotational player.

Really? Wilfork next to Haynesworth is going to be ridiculous? He didn't even play last year. He is a guy that is overweight to begin with and most likely isn't even in that great of shape.

his problems and downsides are well known - the guy was a disaster in WAS.

Still, I'd imagine you're in the minority, most people who don't like NE are not happy to hear that Haynesworth went there - it'll just be another chance for those hated Patriots to land a malcontent and turn him into a stud.

his problems and downsides are well known - the guy was a disaster in WAS.

Still, I'd imagine you're in the minority, most people who don't like NE are not happy to hear that Haynesworth went there - it'll just be another chance for those hated Patriots to land a malcontent and turn him into a stud.

He very well could flop and remain the dink the Skins are aware of. If so, no biggie they cut him and move on (like most 5th round picks).

If he plays to close to his potential though, ouch!!! How do you stop Wilfork and Haynesworth? :cheers:

If he plays to close to his potential though, ouch!!! How do you stop Wilfork and Haynesworth? :cheers:

don't forget Ty Warren too.

If AH flops, he's cut for no big loss.

If he just becomes a rotational player, that will help NE with their Stroud/Wright/Pryor rotation.

like I said, he's a bad guy, but it's a great football move.

Slow down everyone. Fat Albert still has to pass the physical.

AS a Skins fan I now know more about this clown than I ever wanted to. I'm not sure the guy has any interest in playing football. He's made his money. Insane money. He may take the field for NE, but I don't see any fire burning from this guy. All that money put out his fire.

I am so glad he is gone. The guy is insane. I can't believe the Skins actually got a 5th round pick. That's a steal.

not to sound like an arrogant pats fan but we have herd this all before with Moss and Dillon..listen guys this is a winning organization from top to bottom id you think for one minute that BB will put up with his antics you are nuts he will be cut in a blink of an eye..We will mold him back into a top notch DT guaranteed.

not to sound like an arrogant pats fan but we have herd this all before with Moss and Dillon..listen guys this is a winning organization from top to bottom id you think for one minute that BB will put up with his antics you are nuts he will be cut in a blink of an eye..We will mold him back into a top notch DT guaranteed.

Where Moss turned back into a stud for maybe 2 years, Dillon was just good. He wasn't anything amazing. Hanyesworth won't ever be a top notch DT anymore. I personally just don't see it. I do believe he can be a rotational player and if the Pats can get production just out of that, they got a good deal for a 5th round pick.

Good luck. Al is a tough nut to crack. I honestly don't think he wants to play football. I'm not sure why he hasn't retired.

We know he doesn't want to play in a 3-4 scheme. NE runs a 3-4.

I just pray he passes the physical so the Skins can get him out of here.

Hopefully he does. In my gut, I doubt he changes and he is off the team half way through the season, but I really hope I am wrong. :overhead:

Where Moss turned back into a stud for maybe 2 years, Dillon was just good. He wasn't anything amazing. Hanyesworth won't ever be a top notch DT anymore. I personally just don't see it. I do believe he can be a rotational player and if the Pats can get production just out of that, they got a good deal for a 5th round pick.

Dillon was 3rd in the NFL in rushing in 2004 with over 1600 yds, was 7th in the NFL in yds per attempt, and 8th in rushing TDs. He battled injuries in 2005 and split time with Maroney in 2006, so he was at best serviceable those two years. But in 2004 he was the very definition of amazing. Ive always maintained he traded a couple of years on the backend of his career to go all in in 2004. And for that, i thank you Mr Dillon .

On the topic of Haynesworth, im skeptical that he has anything left in the tank, but with Belichick's track record of squeezing every last drop of usefulness out of guys who were supposedly over the hill, i wont bet against him. In addition to the aforementioned Moss and Dillon, BB got substantial contributions from aging players Rodney Harrison, and Junior Seau. At this point, if the Patriots FO sees something worth the gamble to trade a 5th for Haynesworth, i ok with that

Good luck. Al is a tough nut to crack. I honestly don't think he wants to play football. I'm not sure why he hasn't retired.

We know he doesn't want to play in a 3-4 scheme. NE runs a 3-4.

I just pray he passes the physical so the Skins can get him out of here.

My understanding is he never wanted to play NOSE in the 3-4. Luckily New England already has a Pro-Bowl nose tackle.

Also New England has played a fair amount of 4-3 recently.

Dillon was 3rd in the NFL in rushing in 2004 with over 1600 yds, was 7th in the NFL in yds per attempt, and 8th in rushing TDs. He battled injuries in 2005 and split time with Maroney in 2006, so he was at best serviceable those two years. But in 2004 he was the very definition of amazing. Ive always maintained he traded a couple of years on the backend of his career to go all in in 2004. And for that, i thank you Mr Dillon .

On the topic of Haynesworth, im skeptical that he has anything left in the tank, but with Belichick's track record of squeezing every last drop of usefulness out of guys who were supposedly over the hill, i wont bet against him. In addition to the aforementioned Moss and Dillon, BB got substantial contributions from aging players Rodney Harrison, and Junior Seau. At this point, if the Patriots FO sees something worth the gamble to trade a 5th for Haynesworth, i ok with that

That's the aspect that makes this somewhat doubly risky for the Patriots. Even if Haynesworth comes in with a decent attitude, after several years of half-assing it and a shortened training camp, he's a pretty big question mark physically as well as mentally. But again, the Pats don't have many chips on the table if they crap out on this roll of the dice.

:pointstosky: :banana: :banana: :pointstosky:

Yes sir!!!!!! Im sure the JETS will try and get Asomugha but wont matter. Plus sounds like the Jets might have to clear some more cap room to get him. Even if they get him Gronkowski and Hernandez will just dominate the middle :doublethumbsup:

Good day so far. Pats get Haynesworth and Colts dont get Bush

Yes sir!!!!!! Im sure the JETS will try and get Asomugha but wont matter. Plus sounds like the Jets might have to clear some more cap room to get him. Even if they get him Gronkowski and Hernandez will just dominate the middle :doublethumbsup:

Asomugha will take care of the outside top guy, Revis moves and covers the middle. I think the Jets will be a team to be dealt with, IF they get him. I hope they don't.

I don't know that the Colts wanted Bush. I know I didn't. I am happy with resigning Addai and spending some money else where. But as we have seen, I don't even see the Colts doing anything except for their own FA's...It sucks!!!! :)

for those hated Patriots to land a malcontent and turn him into a stud.

Don't know how much the Patriots are really hated any more.... :dunno:

I guess I hate them as much as I hate Lou Bega and his non-stop hit-making ability! :doublethumbsup:

That being said.... it's a little gamble (5th rounder? why not?).... Could work... I'm not holding my breath though :cheers:

I don't know that the Colts wanted Bush. I know I didn't. I am happy with resigning Addai and spending some money else where. But as we have seen, I don't even see the Colts doing anything except for their own FA's...It sucks!!!! :)

Yeah Haynseworth may end up being the same big beeatch he has been last 2 years but atleast we added one potential stud so far. I hate it when my teams do nothing. I like to trade in fantasy football just to get new players to pull for cause get bored sometimes. Thats what happens when you dominate :P

Smart move by the Pats. If Albert feels like playing football they got a steal. I'm pretty sure they have about 8 fifth round picks the next couple years.

Some fun facts bout Al

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/albert-haynesworths-10-worst-redskins-moments/2011/07/28/gIQAzV6oeI_blog.html

--

6. He doesn’t like black girls. I’ll just use this as proxy for Haynesworth’s several off-the-field issues during his time in Washington. Whatever the ultimate legal resolution of the waitress sexual abuse thing, it was inevitable that stuff like this would be in the indictment:

According to the indictment, Haynesworth told a security guard, “I didn’t touch her” and that the waitress was “a little black girl” and he “doesn’t even like black girls.” Later, according to the indictment, Haynesworth told detectives “I know what this is about, she is just upset I have a white girlfriend. I couldn’t tell you the last time I dated a black girl. She was trying to get with me.”

Pure, unadulterated class, that guy.

--

8. Rhabdomyolysis. In a related story, that preseason rant led directly to several days of rhabdomyolysis talk. Mike Shanahan had said that Haynesworth was suffering from “more of a headache than anything else,” while anonymous sources cropped up saying it was actually rhabdo, which led to a scramble for medical experts to break this thing down. It all felt a tad ridiculous, which is one of the better words for the Haynesworth Era.

Vince Wilfork is the leader of that defense. Two years ago, he stopped being a leader because he was not getting paid. With his new contract last year, he is the leader of that defense on and off the field. He will stand up to Haynesworth if he gets out of line. Then Belichick will cut Haynesworth.

Vince Wilfork is the leader of that defense. Two years ago, he stopped being a leader because he was not getting paid. With his new contract last year, he is the leader of that defense on and off the field. He will stand up to Haynesworth if he gets out of line. Then Belichick will cut Haynesworth.

That's not how it works with Albert. Albert doesn't get out of line like, confrontational. He goes into a dark hole of crazy solitude and self loathing. He sits by himself. He broods. He doesn't communicate with teammates.

He effectively creeped out the entire Defensive line on the Redskins. HAHAHA. You just leave Al alone.

It would be better if Al actually got out of line and went after a team mate, and then maybe Wilfork could do something and they could clear the air and bond. All the NE defense will do when Albert goes dark is back away because the guy is self destructive mess of a human being and nobody knows how to react to that. You can't help Albert. You can't fix Albert.

It was fascinating to watch in Washington last year as a fan.

Best case, Albert gives you one good year which means he actually tries for a little bit each game. But once Albert starts listening to the voices in his head, you can't stop the madness. I'm so glad he's gone. :banana:

Don't know how much the Patriots are really hated any more.... :dunno:

that's b/c you finally won!

The Pats/Colts fans had this a few years ago.

and now you's CheeseHeads are feeling teh same way.

Welcome to teh winners club! :cheers:

This might assist in making the Patriots relevant again. But probably not.

The more I think about Albert, this is what happened in Washington with his teammates.

First, there was anger towards him. "This guy got all this money and doesn't want to play!"

Then there was confusion about him. "Something is wrong with this guy."

Then there was pity. Yes, the players figured out the guy was a really sad mess, and just pitied him near the end. "Wow, I feel bad for this guy. He needs help."

You Patriots fans are in for a real treat. I don't know how long you can keep the guy from self destructing. Just know this, there is nothing his teammates or coaches can do to fix him when he starts going into his unhappy place. You just witness the meltdown. Know this, once the reports surface that he's being reclusive and detached, its over.

Hope is all you have Pats fans. And one less 5th round pick. My thanks.

Yeah Haynseworth may end up being the same big beeatch he has been last 2 years but atleast we added one potential stud so far. I hate it when my teams do nothing. I like to trade in fantasy football just to get new players to pull for cause get bored sometimes. Thats what happens when you dominate :P

You guys are at least being mentioned towards players. Granted, the Colts usually don't let out stuff if they can't help it. I mean, nobody even knew Vinateri had visited the Colts many years ago. I honestly really only wanted one or two FA's from other teams signed...Just to make us better....Granted, Manning hasn't signed yet either. We are hoping he will just do it.

that's b/c you finally won!

The Pats/Colts fans had this a few years ago.

and now you's CheeseHeads are feeling teh same way.

Welcome to teh winners club! :cheers:

Just giving you some grief :cheers:

:pointstosky: :banana: :banana: :pointstosky:

Patsies will need as much help as they can get to match up with the JETS! BOOM!!

Just giving you some grief :cheers:

I know donnie - it's all good -

now, back on topic - here's what I know as a Pats fan, *IF* the Jets had signed Haynesworth I wouldn't like it; I would't like the possiblity of him becoming a diffence maker on a div. rival and I'd hope'N'pray & hope'N'pray that it all went as bad as possible for NE.