Sign in to follow this  
GridironGuzzlers

How many of you play in 16 team leagues

I've run a league for years and usually play in a few others. Usually play in 12 teamers, but last year my league went to 14 and we all loved it. We start QB RB RB WR WR Flex TE K D/ST plus 5 bench. The FA pool is thin of course. This year I have 2 more guys who want to join but several guys in the league think 16 is too many. What do you guys with experience in 16 teamers think?

I play in a 16 teamer with 18 player rosters, it's not easy to find a ww player, but it's it possible. it separates men from the boys lol -

I've played in one 16-teamer the past couple of years, and it's okay. In a league that large, I think smaller rosters are a good choice so there's something left on the wire. The wheat gets separated from the chaff very quickly in leagues that large.

My favorite league is a 14-team league, and I also joined a 20-team keeper league this season. That one should be interesting...

I was in a 20 team and 16 team leagues last year, both of which sucked. I won't be in anything that large again. The waiver wire was just terrible.

I've done one, 3-4 years ago. It was put on by another bored, and I made the championship, so I did fine, but overall it was... OK I guess. I drafted at the turn -- waiting 30 picks until your next pick is a daunting situation, and I found myself drafting for need more than value. It is funny to see some of the crap that people (yourself included) end up having to put into your lineup during the year. I basically won because I correctly predicted Warner's breakout with the Cards, and I grabbed Breaston pretty late (his 1000 yard year). Also Thomas Jones' first year with KC. I guess you can call that "skill," but as others have said, there wasn't much on the wire all year so there wasn't much team management. I lost the championship because the Cards got pollaxed by NE in week 16; I thought it might happen, but I didn't really have any options. So I would say that such leagues put a very high premium on the draft.

16 team/5 keepers here. So first pick in the draft is actually grabbing the 81st ranked player. Been in the Superbowl 6 years in a row, won 3 of them. I absolutely love it because like someone mentioned, it separates the men from the boys. You really have to dedicate a part of your draft on young sleepers due to the keeper aspect of it. Example..I was the only person that ever owned LT until he went to the Jets.

Big leagues are only fun to me when people are willing to trade. If you're that deep into the talent pool and no one wants to make any moves the whole year...imo that is way more boring than having value on the ww.

I've always preferred bigger leagues. It drives me crazy seeing players of value in the FA pool.

Totally agree. I'm in a 12 teamer at work and everyone's team is stacked, even the dude that doesn't show up to the draft causing autodraft to kick in.

I didnt like 16 much when I did it, 14 seems to be perfect to me. That way everyone can comfotably have 2 at each position and there is still a handful of plug and play players out there.

16 was terrible in my league, cause everyone knew they had to have 2QB's rostered, in my 14 team league now only the guys who dont have a top QB even carry a backup cause there is 10-12 plug and play guys out there each week for byes

I've been in a 16 team league with conservative scoring (50yds/pt QBs, 25yds/pt other perf, no bonuses, no D's) since 1995, and I definitely prefer it to other smaller leagues I've been in. Like others have mentioned it takes a considerable amount of research and savvy to build the championship team through the draft and ww, so I think it is even that much more rewarding when you win. Not to mention that if you have that many owners, you can have quite a sizable winning pot at the end of the year. Although, I think I might have a different view if I hadn't had as much success as I have - 3 championships, numerous runner ups and highest winning percentage in league history ;)

Regardless, I prefer starting 2 RB, 3 WR & a Flex which is starting 3 RB if you can. Of course a QB, TE, K & D/ST also.

I've played in 10 teamers & 12 teamers bit nothing else.

I like a FA/WW so a 10 team league is sweet to me.

Been playing in a 16 team (auction) league the past 10 years and love it. Most of the owners are the same, with very little turn over and people waiting to get in. Like one poster said, separates men from boys. To adjust for the scarcity of WW pickups we use IDP's which I believe balances out the small pool of gems in a WW.

10 yrs 1 Championship. playoffs 9 of 10 yrs.

Regardless, I prefer starting 2 RB, 3 WR & a Flex which is starting 3 RB if you can. Of course a QB, TE, K & D/ST also.

I've played in 10 teamers & 12 teamers bit nothing else.

I like a FA/WW so a 10 team league is sweet to me.

This, but my flex is usually a WR. PPR :)

16 team/5 keepers here. So first pick in the draft is actually grabbing the 81st ranked player. Been in the Superbowl 6 years in a row, won 3 of them. I absolutely love it because like someone mentioned, it separates the men from the boys. You really have to dedicate a part of your draft on young sleepers due to the keeper aspect of it. Example..I was the only person that ever owned LT until he went to the Jets.

I'm in a similar deep keeper league, although only 12 teams. LT was a "young sleeper" in your draft? I'm gonna guess he was roughly, oh I dunno... the first or second guy taken, depending on your scoring and the value of Vick.

I would love to do a 16 teamer, but seriously we have scratched and scrapped to find 10 owners who would play every year, show up to the draft, and actually manage a team. I don't know how you find enough friends to play a big league. We have even turned over one team per year, and thats enough to screw with the keepers. I have learned that people are generally pretty flaky.

I play in a 16 teamer and a 32 team, now the 32 is too big if u ask me but it does include IDP and has increased my football IQ quite a bit! One thing I find is there is not alot of info available that releates to 16 team leagues?