Sign in to follow this  
Tits McGee

Could a 32-team fantasy league work?

The hard part would be finding enough owners to fill the league, but I think it could be fun. Obviously the free agent pool would be pretty watered-down, but if it was a dynasty league I think it might help to encourage trades and it would be more like running a real team. The rookie draft each year would be pretty important like it is for NFL teams. You could set up divisions and the playoffs like they are in the NFL. I think it would be fun.

The hard part would be finding enough owners to fill the league, but I think it could be fun. Obviously the free agent pool would be pretty watered-down, but if it was a dynasty league I think it might help to encourage trades and it would be more like running a real team. The rookie draft each year would be pretty important like it is for NFL teams. You could set up divisions and the playoffs like they are in the NFL. I think it would be fun.

It could be fun. You'd almost want to draft all individual players instead of D/ST in that kind of league. It would be a lot of work, but could be fun.

No kickers either.

It might be hard to do as a dynasty, though. If i somehow got stuck with Tavaris Jackson as my starter, well I probably would not rejoin the league :)

Adding IDP would help give it some flavor.

Sounds like a BLAST...I wish I could get in one but I dont know 31 other guys I like that much to do a league like this

Check this out.

We're in the middle of our 11-round draft. Scoring in this league is insane. Too many variables to mention here, it is PPR though. The first RB I took was Rashad Jennings. My 2nd RB is Willis McGahee.

• 32 Team League
  • 11 Roster spots
  • You play with 1 Team QB, 1 Team K, 1 Team D/ST

---STARTING LINEUP

TEAM QB-1

RB-1

WR/TE-3

TEAMPK-1

DT/ST-1

FLEX-1 RB,WR, or TE

My current roster

Patriots, New England NEP TMQB

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB

McGahee, Willis DEN RB

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Check this out.

We're in the middle of our 11-round draft. Scoring in this league is insane. Too many variables to mention here, it is PPR though. The first RB I took was Rashard Jennings. My 2nd RB is Willis McGahee.

My current roster

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB

McGahee, Willis DEN RB

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

I was just going to post about this. I read Aaron Schatz' picks on Twitter, but I had yet to look at the website until just now where, lo and behold, I find FFToday is in on it. Pretty insane how thin the rosters are.

There are so many mediocre or terrible offensive teams in the NFL that I don't think there are enough viable players to fill the rosters of 32 fantasy teams. I think 16 is pretty much the max.

Picks 1-24 can snag a pretty decent player in the first round that will make them contenders imo. Picks 25-32 will have terrible luck finding a player that can make them competitive. Pretty much based on what pick # u get imo.

Definitely something I'd be interested in - regardless of how thin the pickings would be. Very realistic. Done 16 and 20 team leagues, and to me, they are quite fun because they put a bigger emphasis on deeper drafting.

If this league ends up forming, count me in as one of 32 :thumbsup:

I can't believe no one has mentioned this. BYE WEEKS, think about it

believe it or not, this adds even more fun and strategy to it.

the ideal strategy is to load up on players all on the same week byes, you essentially forfeit the week, but you are solid the rest of the weeks

as to the guy worried about drafting Tavaris Jackson, well thats the reason you want a Dynasty league. You would probably have a high pick if you lost. Honestly I could see in a 32 team league drafting more like real football, defensive players can literally carry a team

I would love to try this for a fun free league if anyone can set it up

i'd love it, but want bigger rosters. getting a top rb these days is a huge advantage considering the number of rbbc. but if every team had to start 2 or 3, that would dilute the effect of having just the right 1 or 2 studs (think moss/brady a few yrs ago). i dont know any sites that could handle it, but having qb1 get standard points, and qb2(backups only allowed) get double the points would be a fun twist.

because just like in a regular fantasy league they dont actually matter and affect everyone equally

Couldn't you split this into two 16-team leagues and have two independent drafts? You could have a playoff system between the two leagues to determine the overall winner. I always found a league like that a bit interesting as well.

Its a ballsy idea - but with the way the NFL has its own product watered down, it'd be crazy to try and do that. The guys that picked early, say the first 12-14 picks would be SO far ahead of everyone else that by week 4-5 you'd probably have like 20 teams out of it already. Heck - you may even have like 6-8 teams quit right on the spot due to have such lousy rosters that they wouldnt even bother trying. Who could blame them?

Im only in two leagues and one of them is a 16-team, 6 keepers, TD-ONLY league! Thats hard enough as it is. Our scores can very often be like 18-12 or even 6-0. Its hardcore and fun, but DOUBLING the amount of teams? I cant possibly imagine that working out.

Go for it though - Ill give ya credit for trying. But, aint no way....NO way!

I agree with having IDP and bigger rosters. It would be a lot of work, but if done right, I think it would be a blast. I think I will spend this season figuring this out, and finding 31 friends and acquaintances to participate in this for next year. It would have to be an email draft as it would be impossible to get 32 people together at the same time. But if we start drafting in July, that should be plenty of time to get the draft done. Thanks everyone for your input.

They probably roll over the points from the previous week.

Check this out.

We're in the middle of our 11-round draft. Scoring in this league is insane. Too many variables to mention here, it is PPR though. The first RB I took was Rashad Jennings. My 2nd RB is Willis McGahee.

• 32 Team League
  • 11 Roster spots
  • You play with 1 Team QB, 1 Team K, 1 Team D/ST

---STARTING LINEUP

TEAM QB-1

RB-1

WR/TE-3

TEAMPK-1

DT/ST-1

FLEX-1 RB,WR, or TE

My current roster

Jennings, Rashad JAC RB

McGahee, Willis DEN RB

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Witten, Jason DAL TE

I looked at the web page but then got lazy - is it head to head, or total points, or?

Actually looks like a lot of fun (even if I did get Tavaris :rolleyes: )

one way around the QB dilema would be to use "Team QB". It would basically be the same but would sort of keep owners from ###### blocking in the event of injury or poor play substitution. If you draft T-Jack and they switch to whitehurst, you wont get focked on the waiver wire.