Sign in to follow this  
nikki2200

Was there just an Earthquake in Philly?

The east coast is nothing but a bunch of whimps!

Ooo, the ground was shaking

Ooo, we got 10 inches of snow

Ooo, it is over 90 degrees

Ooo, it is below zero

Ooo, we have too much rain

Give me a break!

Visit the rest of the country and you will be able to recognize a real earthquake, a snow storm, cold weather, hot weather, a real flood ...

We will be hearing all about this quake as the lead story on the news tonight.

Does anyone know that there was an earthquake in Colorado today?

Global Warming!!!!! :mad:

I'm about 40 miles away from the epicenter and we just had a 4+ aftershock. Yeah, it's not that big of a quake, but what makes it scary is that today's 5.9 was the worst ever recorded in the area, and usually there's no aftershocks after the small ones that we get every few years.

No, it's really not that scary. Like Phurfur said, the east coasters are just a bunch of wimps. I live in Alaska and a 5.9 earthquake barely warrants mentioning on the local news.

I live in Alaska and a 5.9 earthquake barely warrants mentioning on the local news.

Not sure about AK but the same magnitude quakes in CA don't radiate out as much. A 5.9 happens and half the state doesn't feel it, let alone surrounding ones. The east coast quake was felt in 22 states and Canada.

I just saw the news, showed footage of people reacting to the quake. Some people started running, perhaps because the ground might not be shaking 40 feet to the left. :doublethumbsup:

I guess if its something youve never experienced though, you scream apocolypse and run, taking out wimmen and children along the path. :banana:

I just saw the news, showed footage of people reacting to the quake. Some people started running, perhaps because the ground might not be shaking 40 feet to the left. :doublethumbsup:

I guess if its something youve never experienced though, you scream apocolypse and run, taking out wimmen and children along the path. :banana:

The pics of the fat secretaries with their hoofs over their moufs standing in front of downtown buildings is priceless. "OMG Holy Sh!at! My lunch is in there!"

The pics of the fat secretaries with their hoofs over their moufs standing in front of downtown buildings is priceless. "OMG Holy Sh!at! My lunch is in there!"

Stop making fun of MDC.

That has to be at least your 100th cherry being popped.

Regenerating cherries...hmmm :banana:

Is 5.8 a big one?

It's nothing.

We got an 8.0 here in Sichuan 3 years ago. It shook for over a minute and a half. I think we had over 500 aftershocks harder than 5.8 in the next few weeks and maybe 20,000 aftershocks all together. It shock so much we hardly noticed it anymore. I'd be sitting in my living room and it felt like I was on a boat.

5.8 is not very big.

:(

:banana:

The east coast is nothing but a bunch of whimps!

Ooo, the ground was shaking

Ooo, we got 10 inches of snow

Ooo, it is over 90 degrees

Ooo, it is below zero

Ooo, we have too much rain

Give me a break!

Visit the rest of the country and you will be able to recognize a real earthquake, a snow storm, cold weather, hot weather, a real flood ...

We will be hearing all about this quake as the lead story on the news tonight.

Does anyone know that there was an earthquake in Colorado today?

They are still showing the "Quake" this afternoon. CNN showed a half dozen clips with commentary like this, "watch the chair on the right, it starts shaking......" and "this was inside our own studio...". How did the media get so out of touch with reality? I think I know.

How did the Rocky statue hold up? I'd hate to hear Philthy's claim to fame was damaged.

:lol:

I only live 2 blocks from it. I swear I have been plotting to do something to it for years. I focking hate that thing. It's pretty sturdy though. I couldn't really dismember it.

I only live 2 blocks from it. I swear I have been plotting to do something to it for years. I focking hate that thing. It's pretty sturdy though. I couldn't really dismember it.

I smell a challenge.

YOU CAN DO IT!

It should stay.

It's the only thing besides this that phillydelphians are proud to take their pic in front of.

It should stay.

It's the only thing besides this that phillydelphians are proud to take their pic in front of.

In the Linc !

It's amazing what you can do when you try. Zaw Saw his nipple at least. That would be effortless. I need to come into town and show you how it's done. Imagine having Stallones nipple on your coffee table. Yo G!!! Eat that with Paulies meat and raw taters!

:cheers: