Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Genius or cheating?

In my 2 QB league I picked up Palmer and put him on the IR. Espn leagues allow you to do this. One of the guys in our league says it's bull$&@ that he's on my IR since he's not injured. I feel like it's a genius move becUse anyone has the chance to pick him up and do what I did. It's smart because he isn't taking up a roster spot just an IR spot so I can still hold 3 Qbs with Palmer that's 4. Palmer may be nothing but it's a keeper league and next year for $7 bucks he a freaking steal when guys like Brady went for $60

if its allowed its not cheating and he is just crying because he was not smart enough to do it.

Lol exactly what I was thinking. He had almost a month to do what I did. Someone put holmes who was suspened on the IR but when I do something the whole league comes

down on me. I've won this league 6 out of 8 years and have collected over 2,000 bucks :)

Shorepatrol in our league Qbs go for a ton of money having Palmer for $7 bucks a potential starter is a ton when guys like Bradford,Eli,stafford all went for $40 plus I get to have him for free this year and can contract him for 4 total years at aax contract of $20 bucks is a steal for any starter.

If it was Peyton, GENIUS. Palmer, really? Settle down bevis.

:lol:

Bengals aren't trading his azz and since that's the case, he isn't going to play a snap for them either. All you did was paid for and put an inactive player on IR. Grats!

In my 2 QB league I picked up Palmer and put him on the IR. Espn leagues allow you to do this. One of the guys in our league says it's bull$&@ that he's on my IR since he's not injured. I feel like it's a genius move becUse anyone has the chance to pick him up and do what I did. It's smart because he isn't taking up a roster spot just an IR spot so I can still hold 3 Qbs with Palmer that's 4. Palmer may be nothing but it's a keeper league and next year for $7 bucks he a freaking steal when guys like Brady went for $60

I take it your league doesn't have written by-laws addressing this? This is a league that is just asking for problems. If no bylaws address this, then it is not cheating, just another poorly run league.

But I'd sure hesitate to say that the move makes you a fantasy genius.

Lol exactly what I was thinking. He had almost a month to do what I did. Someone put holmes who was suspened on the IR but when I do something the whole league comes

down on me. I've won this league 6 out of 8 years and have collected over 2,000 bucks :)

I'd say cheating, but you have precedence on your side.

What does IR stand for. Answer that and you have your answer.

I take it your league doesn't have written by-laws addressing this? This is a league that is just asking for problems. If no bylaws address this, then it is not cheating, just another poorly run league.

^This. In our league IR is only for injured players AND the player has to have been on your roster when the injury occurred. No scooping up injured players to stash them there. It doesn't matter that the site lets someone do what the OP described, our rules say that it can't happen. I think OP needs to get his commish to clarify the use of the spot.

Unless this is a BIG money league, it should be left alone.

The size of the prize should have nothing to do with it. Either the league has specific rules defining the circumstances that a player can go on IR or they don't. If they don't then why would you play in a league like this.

Without written bylaws covering this (and other league issues), there was bound to be problems. There are at least 50 ways to cause headaches in a league unless you have well defined written rules. As commish I would tend to take the strict NFL interpretation of IR, but if I was the commish, the whole controversy would have been avoided in the 1st place.

And I agree, stashing Palmer isn't a league breaker one way or the other, but it could have more serious consequences next time. Can Manning go on IR? He probably won't be on NFL IR all season. What about Colston? Now the Commish needs to take control and define for the league what IR means for this years transactions and react accordingly.

Too many owners think that all you have to do is go by the league settings, but that is all they are - settings, not rules or bylaws. The website settings do not define the conduct of the league in matters like this.

I'd say cheating, but you have precedence on your side.

At the very least, unethical.

Unless this is a BIG money league, it should be left alone.

Interesting bar for morality.

A man says to a woman, "Will you sleep with me for a million dollars?"

The woman, flattered and enticed by so large a sum, responds, "Well, yes I'll do that."

The man says to her next, "Will you sleep with me for five dollars?"

The woman responds indignantly, "NO!!! What do you think I am? A prostitute!?!"

The man responds directly, "Ma'am, we've already determined what you are. Now we are just haggling over the price."

Can Manning go on IR? He probably won't be on NFL IR all season. What about Colston? Now the Commish needs to take control and define for the league what IR means for this years transactions and react accordingly.

IR in fantasy does not equal IR in the NFL. Nor should it. If a player goes on IR in the NFL, why would anyone keep them on the roster? You'd drop him, making the IR spot useless (except maybe in a keeper league).

The IR spot in fantasy, in my experience, has always been for players who are doubtful or worse going into Sunday. So you can hold onto them while they're out, but still have room to pick up a replacement. My money league has an IR spot - I have Manning in my IR spot, another owner has Colston on IR. I see no problem with any of that.

Yeah, our league states a player must be on IR to be place on "fantasy IR". So, it's not cheating, but the league rules could use a spruce up.

IR in fantasy does not equal IR in the NFL. Nor should it. If a player goes on IR in the NFL, why would anyone keep them on the roster? You'd drop him, making the IR spot useless (except maybe in a keeper league).

The IR spot in fantasy, in my experience, has always been for players who are doubtful or worse going into Sunday. So you can hold onto them while they're out, but still have room to pick up a replacement. My money league has an IR spot - I have Manning in my IR spot, another owner has Colston on IR. I see no problem with any of that.

i agree with this and its how ive always run my leagues.. Although I make the distinction as being listed OUT. Not doubtful.

i agree with this and its how ive always run my leagues.. Although I make the distinction as being listed OUT. Not doubtful.

There's no IR in the league I use (Fantasybowl, but Yahoo has an IR option for managers to use and the only use for it is keeper leagues. If a player goes on IR he's done for the year, that's what IR means in football. Now if your league could have a PUP list (out six weeks), that would be used for injured players and it would be more accurate description of the circumstances. Again, that's only Yahoo, I'm sure there are other leagues that have different settings.