Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Calvin the # 1 WR?

he was the #1 on my board going into the season and i took him 12 overall..He looked great and stafford missed him wide open on a fade route in the endzone..He could have easily went for 115 and 3 if the pass was on target..Barring injury to calvin/stafford I feel we could be in for a historic recieving year...Thoughts?

I agree with that. I picked him number 8 overall, and i think if they both stay healthy, Johnson becomes the #1 wr and Stafford becomes the #5 or #6 QB.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game but kept hearing Johnson on the highlights!

Yeah he is amazing. I took Andre over him even though I am a bigger Calvin fan. Andre is a beast but I just think this could be the year of the MEGATRON!

It's looong year but I benched Stafford (which I regret) but played CJ. I hope this is a Mega year for me especially with # 2 WR Bowe looking not so mega this year.

Has anyone ever doubted Megatrons talent...Now with a healthy QB, he could easily hit 15 tds imo

Yes, the key word being "easily." If Stafford plays 16 games, I would expect 15 as a base case. He is the one guy that I think has a chance at breaking Moss's single season TD record.

I watched alot of the game and had forgotten just how much of a beast he is. Talent wise id say he is #1 and fantasy wise he will probably be #1 this year. And to think i traded him before season in one league :doh: .....but did get back Forte and Nicks

I took Roddy with Calvin still sitting there. No f'ing clue what I was thinking. I want a mulligan. <_<

I took Roddy with Calvin still sitting there. No f'ing clue what I was thinking. I want a mulligan. <_<

Had them both last year in a keep 1 league and had Vick as my QB. If didn't have to keep Vick (2x scoring for QBs rush TDs + bonus for distance = Vick is a GOD) I would have kept Megatron for sure. He's the best WR in the game, IMO.

Had to choose between CJ and Roddy. I took Roddy. I think both are great but I cant lie, wishing I had went CJ after watching that first game. He just makes it look easy.

I think he runs away with it this year. I cant think of any other receiver who gets first crack at the goal line. With my other receivers I pretty much give up hope when I see their team is at the goal line. This was his first multi td game of many this season.

i award you zero points...and may god have mercy on your soul.

I agree and I also think Stafford moves to top 5 this year.

Stafford limped off the field atleast twice yesterday. All Stafford guys held their breathe. The Lions need Stafford to get in the playoffs i think but Calvin does not need Stafford to be the #1 WR.

One week (almost) done out of 17...in what might even be considered "Week 5 of the preseason" with the lockout.

It's a little hard to draw conclusions from this week quite yet.

But really...forget that...Brady hitting 8,200 yards is a LOCK based on what we saw tonight!

Calvin looks great and he's got a good shot to finish as the top WR, along with several other WR's, some of whom had down weeks. Once D's catch up a bit from the lockout, we'll have a better idea and can start to make some semi-accurate predictions.

Calvin looks great and he's got a good shot to finish as the top WR, along with several other WR's, some of whom had down weeks. Once D's catch up a bit from the lockout, we'll have a better idea and can start to make some semi-accurate predictions.

before this week, everyone was saying that offenses would struggle due to the lockout.

its only week 1 sure but this isnt a 10th round WR we are talking about. plenty of people were pegging him as the best WR if stafford could stay healthy. I think week 1 was just an affirmation of what is possible if stafford does indeed play 16 games.

Calvin made Talib look below avg the kid is a stud. Who covered Steve smith? A rookie? Lmao Calvin is the most gifted WR to ever play the game. Before u grill me I said gifted...

before this week, everyone was saying that offenses would struggle due to the lockout.

its only week 1 sure but this isnt a 10th round WR we are talking about. plenty of people were pegging him as the best WR if stafford could stay healthy. I think week 1 was just an affirmation of what is possible if stafford does indeed play 16 games.

I'm not disgreeing that he's got a shot at the top WR slot. Brady was one of the best QB's on the board too. His performance affirmed what we knew...he's pretty good. Calvin's pretty good too.

But it IS only week 1. It's still too early to come to firm conclusions on a sample size of "one" game. Brady's very very likely not going to throw for 8,200 yards.

I'm not trying to pee in anyone's Cheerio's...owners should get excited about Calvin. But those annointing him (or Steve Smith) as a clear lock to finish #1 after just one game obviously got a great deal on their Jump to Conclusions mat on late night TV.

I drafted calvin at 1.06 in a 12 team ppr league... AJ and Roddys ceiling do not excite me, Calvin is imo the best WR in the league right now. If Stafford stays healthy no way he doesn't finish #1, take this with a grain of salt as im obviously biased!!!!! :pointstosky:

Stafford limped off the field atleast twice yesterday. All Stafford guys held their breathe. The Lions need Stafford to get in the playoffs i think but Calvin does not need Stafford to be the #1 WR.

Cramps dude...cramps. You could tell by the way he was walking. He isn't injured.

One week (almost) done out of 17...in what might even be considered "Week 5 of the preseason" with the lockout.

It's a little hard to draw conclusions from this week quite yet.

But really...forget that...Brady hitting 8,200 yards is a LOCK based on what we saw tonight!

I think people are saying he's #1 based on his body of work up until now, including game #1 of 2011. No one is going overboard just based on one game. MEGATRON :pointstosky:

AJ has been my WR of choice for several years, but this was the year I jumped on the Megatron train. I'm hoping Stafford stays healthy, but S. Hill can sling the ball if needed.

Let's run the numbers here:

Calvin Johnson ==>>>>>>>>> 88 receiving yards with 2 touchdowns.

Steve Smith (Carolina)==>> 178 receiving yards with 2 touchdowns.

Not sure why you are comparing the 2. Do you honestly think that Smith is better or will have a better year than C. Johnson?