Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Chris Johnson-buy or sell? *UPDATED* 9/26

What do you do with Chris Johnson right now BUY or SELL? The little i watched the game yesterday he did not look good at all. Sure it was vs Baltimore but it happened week 1 @ Jacksonville also.

Game 1 at Jacksonville- 4 pts

Game 2 vs Baltimore- 6 pts

Gamedate	Opp	Result	GS	Att	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	Rec	Yds	Avg	Lg	TD	Fum	Rec	Yds	TD
09/11	        @JAC	L 14-16	Yes	9	24	2.7	9	0	6	25	4.2	11	0	0	0	0	0
09/18	        BAL	W 26-13	Yes	24	53	2.2	7	0	3	12	4.0	6	0	0	0	0	0
09/25	DEN	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	
Total	 	 	        2	33	77	2.3	9	0	9	37	4.1	11	0	0	0	0	0

Ringor had 5 rushes for 21 yards and TD yesterday. Would you try and buy or sell him? I guess it would depend on the right deal but what would you trade to get him or who would you want to trade him for?

What do you do with Chris Johnson right now BUY or SELL? The little i watched the game yesterday he did not look good at all. Sure it was vs Baltimore but it happened week 1 @ Jacksonville also.

09/25	DEN	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	

Ringor had 5 rushes for 21 yards and TD yesterday. Would you try and buy or sell him? I guess it would depend on the right deal but what would you trade to get him or who would you want to trade him for?

Buy. His next to match-up are exactly what the doctor ordered. He's probably just getting his legs back underneath him.

09/25	DEN	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	

I'd love to trade him, but I don't think he's worth much now. My problem with him isn't these first two games. It's also the 2nd half of last year. I don't know if teams have figured him out or what, but he's not good. I don't think he even had a TD over 30 yds all of last year. Not good.

I wouldn't sell him and I won't try and buy him in my league either. After 2 weeks you're not going to get some massive discount on a 1st round pick unless your league is filled with morons.

I'd love to trade him, but I don't think he's worth much now. My problem with him isn't these first two games. It's also the 2nd half of last year. I don't know if teams have figured him out or what, but he's not good. I don't think he even had a TD over 30 yds all of last year. Not good.

His stats from the first half of last year almost mirror his stats from the second, wucha talkin bout Willis?

I wouldn't sell him and I won't try and buy him in my league either. After 2 weeks you're not going to get some massive discount on a 1st round pick unless your league is filled with morons.

haha. i always wondered this about other people's leagues. On literally a weekly basis, people will talk about buy low, sell high, and I'm always thinking to myself, are people on this board just playing with straight up morons...

Like the comment about offering beanie straight up. Is someone actually going to bite on that. Did 2 weeks really make them realize that their 1st round back that has put up 2 pretty monster seasons last 2 years, 1 record breaking, is no better than a 4-5th round rb they could have had if they wanted to in their draft or auction. boggles my mind really. it's the same with the stock market. Stocks swinging wildly on news that isn't really news at all and stuff everyone already knows. Guess there's a sucker born every day that can be had...

haha. i always wondered this about other people's leagues. On literally a weekly basis, people will talk about buy low, sell high, and I'm always thinking to myself, are people on this board just playing with straight up morons...

Like the comment about offering beanie straight up. Is someone actually going to bite on that. Did 2 weeks really make them realize that their 1st round back that has put up 2 pretty monster seasons last 2 years, 1 record breaking, is no better than a 4-5th round rb they could have had if they wanted to in their draft or auction. boggles my mind really. it's the same with the stock market. Stocks swinging wildly on news that isn't really news at all and stuff everyone already knows. Guess there's a sucker born every day that can be had...

As a shark it's very advantageous to just outright assume everyone is a fish. Although I don't expect someone to bite, I won't rule it out as a possibility. Never underestimate the power of fear and sheer panic.

His stats from the first half of last year almost mirror his stats from the second, wucha talkin bout Willis?

You're right. He was very inconsistent all year. And if you play in a league that rewards for long TDs, he had none last year. Here are his last 6 weeks last year:

Week 12- 5yds

Week 13- 53yds

Week 14- 111yds, 1td

Week 15- 130yds, 1td

Week 16- 58yds

Week 17- 39yds, 1td

Probably not, But maybe. It's a starting off point.

Yeah, I agree. Folks like to talk about buy low/sell high...but it's really hard to pull off in reality. Unless you're just not into FF, everyone is kinda thinking the same thing anyway....so it's hard to do it. Plus, people get emotionally invested in their top picks. They refuse to see a RB who's only scored 9 points....they still see a RB1 capable of top 5 numbers. Very often you're trading based on perception more than production....which means you'll rarely get value in trades this early in the season.

Having said all that, it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd buy CJ in a heartbeat....but the CJ owners in my leagues aren't gonna give him up without acquiring top talent....which I'm not willing to part with. Still, if you're loaded at a position that the CJ owner is thin at, then maybe you can work out a decent deal. And now would be the time to buy because in a few weeks, it'll be too late.

I don't own CJ in any of my leagues. But if I did, I'd hold onto him.

You have to remember that he missed all of training camp and all of the preseason. He signed literally days before the first game and is likely behind on his conditioning as a result. Plus, he's stepping into a new offensive system with new reads under Chris Palmer. Also, he's had two difficult matchups thus far -- the Jags (who HATE the Titans and always play them tough) and the Ravens (who have Ngata, Lewis, etc.).

As a Titans' homer, I can tell you that a BIG problem with the Titans' running game thus far is the interior OL. Eugene Amano is TERRIBLE, Jake Scott is very average, and Leroy Harris is wildly inconsistent. Though this OL is pretty decent in pass-protection, they're lackluster in getting a push up the middle for the running game. As a result, teams have shut-down the runs to the outside and dared the Titans to run the ball between the tackles, which they haven't been able to do yet.

I think CJ will improve, and the coaching staff (Munchak & Matthews) are betting that the OL will improve as the season progresses too. [Personally, I have more faith in the former (CJ) than the latter (the OL) right now.]

:dunno:

Being your first round pick and his history you almost have to keep not sell. But is Bennie Wells for CJ really that bad of an offer? I dont think id have the balls or be dumb enough (depending on how you look at it) to make it but it could be a good deal. However the longer the CJ owners wait the less they will get if he continues to play like crap. I am not sold on him returning to his 2 years ago form. Last year he would score 25 pts then 4 pts.

If someone offered you say Forte for CJ what would you CJ owners do? I wouldnt trade Forte for him.

Chris Johnson - RB - Titans

The Ravens confirmed that their game plan Sunday was to stop Chris Johnson.

Johnson managed just 53 rushing yards on 24 carries, losing key carries to Javon Ringer and hearing boos from his hometown crowd. "The focus was Chris Johnson, and we got after him," Ray Lewis said. Most team's goal will be to stop CJ2K, but few have talent like the Ravens to execute that plan. He's an ideal "buy low" candidate heading into Week 3.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

Sep 19 - 11:03 AM

Being your first round pick and his history you almost have to keep not sell. But is Bennie Wells for CJ really that bad of an offer? I dont think id have the balls or be dumb enough (depending on how you look at it) to make it but it could be a good deal. However the longer the CJ owners wait the less they will get if he continues to play like crap. I am not sold on him returning to his 2 years ago form. Last year he would score 25 pts then 4 pts.

If someone offered you say Forte for CJ what would you CJ owners do? I wouldnt trade Forte for him.

I'd probably keep Forte and wouldn't even debate it in PPR.

Ringor scored last week and looks like he earned some more carries.

Ringer to see more carries -- Mon Sep 19 9:10 pm --

New staff trying not to overwork Chris Johnson

Coach Mike Munchak plans to give running back Javon Ringer more carries in the coming weeks, but it’s not because he’s down on Chris Johnson. Munchak doesn’t want to overwork Johnson like the Titans did in seasons past. He also likes Ringer, who scored the go-ahead touchdown against the Ravens on Sunday. “We all have confidence that when he is in there, something good can still happen,” Munchak said Monday. “I have always been a big Javon Ringer fan. I think he runs hard, he is smart, he can play third down for us and is a good blocker.” (Nashville Tennessean)

FF Today's Take: Johnson's owners obviously don't have much to worry about here, but it appears this coaching staff will attempt to limit his workload somewhat. Ringer is the clear handcuff for Johnson at this point and should not be available on waiver wires in all but the smallest of leagues.

I picked up Ringer off the Waiver wire last week.

I am offering Andre Johnson straight up for CJ

As a CJ owner would you take it?

As an AJ owner would you do it?

Depends on who my other RBs and WRs were but thats a petty good offer i think. :thumbsup:

Was offered Vick, CJ, & Keller for my Roethlisberger, Peterson, & Finley. Thinking about taking it although I hate to part with AP! I think CJ will get it going soon and his schedule looks really nice the rest of the year, and upgrading Roethlisberger to Vick is a no brainer!

BYE!!

Here's his schedule after the BYE:

7 Hou - - - -

8 Ind - - - -

9 Cin - - - -

10 @Car - - - -

11 @Atl - - - -

12 TB - - - -

13 @Buf - - - -

14 NO - - - -

15 @Ind -

I just traded him for Roddy White. I'm in desperate need of WR help. My team is 0-2, so I felt like I needed to change things up a bit.

BYE!!

Here's his schedule after the BYE:

7 Hou - - - -

8 Ind - - - -

9 Cin - - - -

10 @Car - - - -

11 @Atl - - - -

12 TB - - - -

13 @Buf - - - -

14 NO - - - -

15 @Ind -

It's got to be the best running back schedule in the league. Come on CJ. Turns things around against Denver. It's now or never!

In my keeper league guy just traded McCoy for CJ and Santana Moss. :unsure: Better hope CJ figures it out or he is in trouble

Ringer's back is tightening up, and TENN is looking at signing Portis as an insurance for Ringer (not CJ).

I don't own CJ in any of my leagues. But if I did, I'd hold onto him.

You have to remember that he missed all of training camp and all of the preseason. He signed literally days before the first game and is likely behind on his conditioning as a result. Plus, he's stepping into a new offensive system with new reads under Chris Palmer. Also, he's had two difficult matchups thus far -- the Jags (who HATE the Titans and always play them tough) and the Ravens (who have Ngata, Lewis, etc.).

As a Titans' homer, I can tell you that a BIG problem with the Titans' running game thus far is the interior OL. Eugene Amano is TERRIBLE, Jake Scott is very average, and Leroy Harris is wildly inconsistent. Though this OL is pretty decent in pass-protection, they're lackluster in getting a push up the middle for the running game. As a result, teams have shut-down the runs to the outside and dared the Titans to run the ball between the tackles, which they haven't been able to do yet.

I think CJ will improve, and the coaching staff (Munchak & Matthews) are betting that the OL will improve as the season progresses too. [Personally, I have more faith in the former (CJ) than the latter (the OL) right now.]

:dunno:

As CJ gets more into shape, and faces easier defenses later in the year, he will come back. And don't forget that he gets his FB back after week four. That should help.

I would like to see the Titans grab a couple of interior linemen in next year's draft though. That area has been weak since they let Mawae walk.

Hopefully, Britt's dominance, and the emergence of other weapons such as washington and cook, will get defenses out of the box a bit more. This is shaping up to be far and away the best passing attack CJ has ever played with. I'm seeing big things in the second half of the season.

I've offered Jeremy Maclin and James Starks to the CJ owner. Not to low of an offer,

That's a great offer. As an 0-2 CJ owner with Percy Harvin being limited by his own coaching staff I'd seriously consider this one but probably wouldn't pull the trigger b/c Vicks health is already up on in the air.

09/25	DEN	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	

you just made the perfect case to sell high... do it

I am in talks with the CJ owner about a trade. I think he's in for one more, sub-CJ2K week. He might even be cheaper next week, and I kinda need Tolbert vs. KC this week. It's very tempting for both of us, we are talking Boldin and Tolbert for CJ.

I am in talks with the CJ owner about a trade. I think he's in for one more, sub-CJ2K week. He might even be cheaper next week, and I kinda need Tolbert vs. KC this week. It's very tempting for both of us, we are talking Boldin and Tolbert for CJ.

You should do that immediately. A washed up WR and a guy who's about to be the #2 RB on his own team for a first round talent...what the hell are you waiting for?

You should do that immediately. A washed up WR and a guy who's about to be the #2 RB on his own team for a first round talent...what the hell are you waiting for?

Nothing really. Thought we almost had a deal, and now he wants to "think about it". I said, "Wait for the waivers to go through tonight, and we'll talk tomorrow." He's high on Tolbert, apparently.

Posted in A Little Help...but just was talked to by an owner offering Jennings/CJ2K for VJax/Shonne Green/ Vernon Davis....my team is in my sig. Thoughts?

Posted in A Little Help...but just was talked to by an owner offering Jennings/CJ2K for VJax/Shonne Green/ Vernon Davis....my team is in my sig. Thoughts?

I would totally make that trade.

What do you guys think of the below trade offer.

A.Peterson, D.Clark, T.Hightower and Simms-Walker for C.J, Gates and MJD :dunno:

My concern is giving up a sure thing in ADP for a question mark thus far with C.J and the putrid offense in Jacksonville.

What do you think of CJ vs. Forte and DMac on a PPR moving forward? A guy in my league has all 3, but only Ben at QB, and it is a 6 pts all TD league. I've got Brees and Stafford, and just lost Charles. I was thinking of offering Stafford for CJ, or maybe just let him pick which of the 3 he would give me (I've got Hillis, Beanie, and Tate. And Ingram if you count him). It would make his team hella strong IMO, but desperate times...

CJ will be fine...

Give it a little time...

By Week 5 he will be flying high...

Championship, it's only a matter of time!!!

:P