Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Beanie Wells - Hamstring

"Judging from the way he sprinted out of the Cardinals' locker room on Friday, it's safe to assume Beanie Wells' hamstring is just fine."

Sounds good. I don't think anyone questions how minor the injury is at this point. The real question is just how tough Beanie is. I think if he plays through this hamstring injury and has at least marginal success vs. SEA and/or finishes the entire game I'll feel much more comfortable with him.

When you are ahead as much as Pitts were in that game, you can afford to STACK the box because you know Mike Tomlin won't be airing it out like Brady and corp. YAC isn't going to explain jack. We'll see at the end of the year what the numbers are.

They finished 22dn overall last year. Was there any significant upgrade on D? I know their Offense is going to hell this year which means D will be on the field even more.

Also, after 2 games they already given up 3 rushing TD. They're on pace to give up 24 rushing TD. That can't be good...

The SF game was a dead heat until Ginn returned a couple kicks. Mendenhall had 16 first half carries in the Pitt game for 61 yds.

Man, I don't know what to do with Wells. Wait to see and if he plays hope he doesn't blow his hammy. Or if he doesn't play go with Hightower. Or just saw screw both those options and play Daniel Thomas in the early game... fock.

Man, I don't know what to do with Wells. Wait to see and if he plays hope he doesn't blow his hammy. Or if he doesn't play go with Hightower. Or just saw screw both those options and play Daniel Thomas in the early game... fock.

daniel thomas :thumbsup:

i've got hightower or wells also. (not thomas tho). here's what i'm doing. i've got hightower plugged in now. if i hear something that leads me to believe wells is good to go - i'll put him in. if not i'm going to leave him alone. i really really would rather not have hightower decide my fate monday night because shanihanigans would really (be upsetting)

i've got hightower or wells also. (not thomas tho). here's what i'm doing. i've got hightower plugged in now. if i hear something that leads me to believe wells is good to go - i'll put him in. if not i'm going to leave him alone. i really really would rather not have hightower decide my fate monday night because shanihanigans would really (be upsetting)

Wells is going to play, that's not really the question here. It's weather or not he will do well being less than 100%.

Wells is going to play, that's not really the question here. It's weather or not he will do well being less than 100%.

CBS (TV) just announced him as doubtful. Not sure if that was a mistake or an update.

CBS (TV) just announced him as doubtful. Not sure if that was a mistake or an update.

That's news to me as I thought he was questionable. All signs have been pointing towards him playing so far. Personally, I'd rather him not go and rest it.

I've decided to sit him for Ingram. Not a great option, but Ingram should do OK. I don't have any late game options.

I figure the Cards will pass a lot, and if they are up big in the second half will just run Taylor, Stephens-Howling, and/or that other body they have whose name is escaping me.

When you are ahead as much as Pitts were in that game, you can afford to STACK the box because you know Mike Tomlin won't be airing it out like Brady and corp. YAC isn't going to explain jack. We'll see at the end of the year what the numbers are.

They finished 22dn overall last year. Was there any significant upgrade on D? I know their Offense is going to hell this year which means D will be on the field even more.

AZ = 28 carries, 90 yards, 3.2 ypc

Seattle's front 4 controlled the line of scrimmage.

Thats without the superstar Beanie Wells...Yea they controlled a has been in chester Taylor and a no name Alfonso Smith

Thats without the superstar Beanie Wells...Yea they controlled a has been in chester Taylor and a no name Alfonso Smith

Superstar Beanie Wells? He of the 44.3 ypg career avg?

People keep making excuses for their stats, but Seattle's front four does a good job controlling the line of scrimmage. They're a good run defense.

Let's not be silly, we'll re-examine this thread later on this year. If Seattle finishes in the top 10 in rush defense, i'll go eat crow.

Yesterday, you have a 33+ year old in Chestor Taylor and a squad team player carrying the rock. Running game isn't all offensive/defensive line. Holes are created and gone in a split second.

Let's not be silly, we'll re-examine this thread later on this year. If Seattle finishes in the top 10 in rush defense, i'll go eat crow.

Yesterday, you have a 33+ year old in Chestor Taylor and a squad team player carrying the rock. Running game isn't all offensive/defensive line. Holes are created and gone in a split second.

Squad team player who rushed for more yards than Beanie's career per game average.

Squad team player who rushed for more yards than Beanie's career per game average.

His first 2 games this year starting 180+ yards..5.7 ypc Stop hating

Smith looked pretty good for a nobody; certainly better than Taylor. Doesn't make him fantasy-relevant though. The Cards' bigger problem on offense is the lack of a second receiving threat after Fitz. The Hawks rolled coverage and blanketed Fitz in the second half, and nobody stepped up, and/or Kolb couldn't find them.

...and hurt by week 3.

Don't hate Beanie, though I don't see the upside that so many attach to him.

My position in this thread was Wells or no Wells, no AZ RB was a good play vs the Seattle run D.

Im with JT. We're not hating on Wells' running abilities, we just question his durability.

You predicted earlier that Wells will score every game he is in.

I predicted that he will have 6 TDs.

Maybe we both will be right.

Yes...one game samples are funny that way...especially considering the ypc were lower than Beanie's career average too.

Whats Beanie's per game average this year that he is the #1 starter?

You don't see the upside of a guy who has shown that when healthy he is actually a pretty good runner?

Yes...one game samples are funny that way...especially considering the ypc were lower than Beanie's career average too.

Whats Beanie's per game average this year that he is the #1 starter?

You don't see the upside of a guy who has shown that when healthy he is actually a pretty good runner?

You're right about small samples. For example, using two games to refute two years of statistics.

He's been the #1 starter before and lost the job either due to ineffectiveness or injury.

Wells shows flashes...he looks the part...but he's too willing to sit out. To me, the ability to stay on the field is a big part of "upside".

There is much talk locally in the media about him not having a real passion to play football. Just what I hear.

In any case, his whole career has been "if healthy", which isn't that often.

Again, the thread was about whether he was a good play vs Seattle "if healthy". My opinion was that no AZ RB was a good play vs Seattle. That's how it played out.

If you have room and not much RB depth, and you own Wells, be sure to pick up Alfonso Smith. I did.

If you have room and not much RB depth, and you own Wells, be sure to pick up Alfonso Smith. I did.

Reports locally that Chester Taylor is headed for the door. Wells owners may want to watch and see who is brought in for tryouts. Larry Johnson? Portis? Some talk about Dimitri Nantz (sp?), an Arizona State guy who played in Green Bay last year if I remember correctly.

You're right about small samples. For example, using two games to refute two years of statistics.

He's been the #1 starter before and lost the job either due to ineffectiveness or injury.

Wells shows flashes...he looks the part...but he's too willing to sit out. To me, the ability to stay on the field is a big part of "upside".

There is much talk locally in the media about him not having a real passion to play football. Just what I hear.

Again, the thread was about whether he was a good play vs Seattle "if healthy". My opinion was that no AZ RB was a good play vs Seattle. That's how it played out.

Firstly, anyone who drafted Beanie (including myself) had to take into account the injury history. He is like DMC but on a lower tier. The talent is there, but it's anyone's guess as to whether or not he'll complete a full season. I gladly took the risk, the upside to me personally far outweighs the downside. I don't think it's fair to say "he's too willing to sit out". I'm personally very happy ARI decided to sit Beanie last week. Someone with his history shouldn't be rushed out onto the field if he's anything less than 100%. Look at Foster, I'm betting owners had wished HOU had played it safe with him. All that being said, let's look to the future. It's going to be hard for me to play Beanie this week. NYG boasts a stout run defense and I think Beanie's fantasy day will be far to TD dependent. This is also assuming he puts in a full practice by at least FRI. Regardless, I think Beanie needs to be on benches this week...he's going to be an extremely risky play.

Can people please stop pimping Seattle's Run Defense. Saying they held down Gore and Mendenhall isn't really saying much.

Agreed. The former is clearly on the down-tick of his career with a ###### O-Line and the latter has become a dancing fairy behind quite possibly one of the worst O-Lines in the league. SEA has no redeeming qualities. None.

Read what i wrote again. I didn't say they DO BAD, but to say they DO well is deceiving. This isn't even a TOP 10 rushing defense in the league. I can wager my number 1 fantasy football pick next year for anyone's 2nd rounder if Seattle finishes in the top 10 on rushing D this year.

Any takers? :doublethumbsup:

Who cares. Get off your high horse!

Too willing to sit out.

He has missed all of 4 games in his career after last week?

Too willing to sit out.

He has missed all of 4 games in his career after last week?

He's quick to pull himself when the medical staff has cleared him to play. It's been an endless source of frustration for the coaching staff.

8 games last season with 8 or fewer carries. More than one occassion in his first two years where he either opted to leave games when cleared to play, or was so tentative and ineffective that they sat him down.

On the one hand, you have Arian Foster who is visibly upset at being pulled from a game. On the other you have Beanie who feels a tweak in practice and starts laying out his wardrobe for Sunday.

He's quick to pull himself when the medical staff has cleared him to play. It's been an endless source of frustration for the coaching staff.

8 games last season with 8 or fewer carries. More than one occassion in his first two years where he either opted to leave games when cleared to play, or was so tentative and ineffective that they sat him down.

On the one hand, you have Arian Foster who is visibly upset at being pulled from a game. On the other you have Beanie who feels a tweak in practice and starts laying out his wardrobe for Sunday.

I wasn't aware of this...hmph. That indeed would indicate a lack of passion. Still, looking back at those first two games and he looked like he was running with a purpose. He constantly gained yards after contact. I liked what I saw too much to deem this guy passionless.

I wasn't aware of this...hmph. That indeed would indicate a lack of passion. Still, looking back at those first two games and he looked like he was running with a purpose. He constantly gained yards after contact. I liked what I saw too much to deem this guy passionless.

When he's right, the kid looks like an All Pro. He's just not right very often.

On that same hand you've got a player that is going into what, his 6th week dealing with this injury?