Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

New Feature - Rest of the Way Rankings!

Rest of the Way Rankings

Published / updated 9/28, courtesy of Head Honcho Mike Krueger.

This is a new feature we'll plan to update weekly through the season. As with our other rankings pages, scroll over the Risk and Upside icons to read a note on the particular player.

The players mentioned in my post sub-title are a few that stick out to me. Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

Not enough sites offer this useful tool. Week to week rankings is one thing, but wire pic-ups are usually based on long term.

Y'all actually bothered to rank NE's 3rd string QB.?.

No offense but you have 6 backup QB's who arent even playing ahead of Rex Grossman and the likes of Cassel, Campbell, Smith, McNabb etc ahead of him as well... Now, I know SexyRexy is not lighting the world on fire, but he's better then those guys for sure!

Bunch of weird RB's too for "rest of the way" this needs serious work...

No offense but you have 6 backup QB's who arent even playing ahead of Rex Grossman and the likes of Cassel, Campbell, Smith, McNabb etc ahead of him as well... Now, I know SexyRexy is not lighting the world on fire, but he's better then those guys for sure!

Yes, something got messed up here or I just totally overlooked Grossman. We'll fix this.

This is great. Can you add the MFL Power button to it?

Yes. Coming soon. I'll post back here when its ready.

We were just clamoring for this--nice! I already like this better than Yahoo's similar feature because you guys maintain the tier rankings, as always. So many sites preach value tiers in the preseason but go away from them as soon as the year starts.

Holmes and Foster strike me as the boldest calls--guess we know which side of the "will Foster get and stay healed" debate FFtoday comes down on. Holmes is interesting cause he only had 6 targets over the last two games. Keller seems to be sapping his value, but I do like the call for him to turn into an impact player by the end of the year.

Exactly :thumbsup:

A "baseline" to help in valuing the current market for players. Great for trades, FA pick ups, etc. :thumbsup:

So gates has a plantar fascitis tear and he is still tier 2 Mike? I would not trade evan moore for this guy right now. His season is done after a few doubtful weeks.

And boy how i wish your predictions of Tier 2 holds true for CJ2K and Mendy. :unsure:

Well, it's 3 weeks in the books vs. 10 more weeks to go, so Gates, CJ2.1 ypc, and Mendy aren't dropping THAT far yet. Check back again when it's 10 weeks in the books with 3 weeks to go and the ranking might be different.

Credibility out the window.

You're telling everyone that if we were drafting today, that Foster would be ranked 26th? LMFAO. He's supposedly healthier now then 1st week and you guys had him ranked top 3 even when you knew he had the bad hammy.

DUMB.

BTW, I don't own Foster.

Good news! Kristen Bell wants to finance a 'Veronica Mars' film. Bad News! Warner Bros. won't release the film rights.

Ok, I want to see replies.

How many of you if drafting today (knowing Foster is ready to go) and in a contract year, draft 25 RB's before him.

I call BS.

Please chime in.

Ok, I want to see replies.

How many of you if drafting today (knowing Foster is ready to go) and in a contract year, draft 25 RB's before him.

I call BS.

Please chime in.

I'd let someone else draft him.

Me too! I passed on him this year. I took R.Rice at #3. Foster went 5th in my league.

A.Peterson

J.Charles

R.Rice

C.Johnson

A.Foster

Nice cop out Mike.

You're saying you're sitting there picking in the 3rd round of a 10 team league and you'd pick someone over Foster.

Show some dignity and correct the rating

Nice cop out Mike.

You're saying you're sitting there picking in the 3rd round of a 10 team league and you'd pick someone over Foster.

I think he's saying he doesn't think Foster holds up the rest of the season...thus the reason for Tate at 16. If Foster remains healthy here on out, he's probably top 10. Lots of apprehension with that situation...thus the reason for the ranking.

As a Foster owner....I could care less who has him ranked where. I'm more worried about the hammy. That'll impact Foster's value more than some arbitrary ranking. Some folks might think he's not a top 50 RB the rest of the way. Who cares....I'm still starting him until he proves incapable of carrying the load.

Ain't no such thing as objective rankings.

:dunno:

I'm simply pointing out that this same site had him ranked top 3 before week one, even when he had an injured hammy. Now that he's better and actually had a full practice, he's now #26? Maybe around 10-14, but not 26.

Stupid.

I'm simply pointing out that this same site had him ranked top 3 before week one, even when he had an injured hammy. Now that he's better and actually had a full practice, he's now #26? Maybe around 10-14, but not 26.

Stupid.

I agree NO WAY I am drafting Tolbert, Magahee, Benson, GORE(really?), Greene and Blount over FOSTER I dont care what his injury status is.... Since when has GORE ever been healthy for more than 3 games in a row

I would put Foster somewhere between MENDY and Hillis on that list

On the other topic this is a GREAT TOOL..Just need some personalized adjustments to who you like or dont like...but great idea!!!

thanks guys

Nice cop out Mike.

Seems like we have some dual Mike confusion. I don't do the rankings. That is Mike Krueger (Mike FF Today on the board). Just giving you my opinion that I would let someone else draft him so I'm not that fussed with the low ranking. As for the quick change from pre-season to now, things change quickly. A lot more information is available since before that first game was played.

That said, if I was a Foster owner right now I would take the same approach FeelingMN. I wouldn't be selling him at 26. I'd be hoping for the best he can get healthy and give us back some performances like last year. It is still a stellar offense and he should succeed if healthy.

Stupid.

Well, you kinda left out the fact that he tried playing week 2 before being yanked in the second half, then missed week 3 entirely. I think it's way too premature to state "he's better".

It's all a matter of preference. Mike seems to think Foster's glass is half empty, and you and I think it's half full. Personally, I'd take Foster ahead of most RBs not named McFadden/McCoy/AD/Rice...but I'm optimistic Foster returns to RB1 form in the next few weeks, setting up for a strong playoff run. To each their own.

Like I said, there's no such thing as an objective ranking....and if everyone agreed on said rankings, there'd be little discussion about players' value going forward....which is kinda counterproductive.

Steelers D #1 :rolleyes: :wacko:

Guys, face it.

This week Foster practiced in full both Weds and Thursday. This guy being ranked 26th now is just pathetic.

If this was AP, Rice, or even McFadden - no way you'd rank them below 10th. The sick part is, this is supposed to be a rest of the entire season ranking. Someone (Mike) please, would you step up and admit what a mistake this was? If not, your preseason ranking (when Fosters hammy was tweaked) of top 3 was pathetic. Well, which is it? C'mon, don't stoop to the levels of the other hack type sites. Show your stones.

Guys, face it.

This week Foster practiced in full both Weds and Thursday. This guy being ranked 26th now is just pathetic.

If this was AP, Rice, or even McFadden - no way you'd rank them below 10th. The sick part is, this is supposed to be a rest of the entire season ranking. Someone (Mike) please, would you step up and admit what a mistake this was? If not, your preseason ranking (when Fosters hammy was tweaked) of top 3 was pathetic. Well, which is it? C'mon, don't stoop to the levels of the other hack type sites. Show your stones.

Chill out! Until Foster ACTUALLY plays, who are you or anyone else to say that he's healthy. For all we know, he could still be injured and Kubiak could be focking with Pitt for this week. Now, if he starts and rumbles for 150 and 2 TDs this week, then I am sure the rankings will be adjusted, However, if he only plays 13 snaps and is standing on the sideline with no helmet like he has done ALL YEAR, then 26 is probably a tad high!