Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Kevin Walter vs Jacoby Jones

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Texans WR is the better fantasy option while AJ is out?

• Kevin Walter
    • Jacoby Jones

So with the news that AJ will be out up to 3 weeks which one of these guys is more likely to be the better play here? Yes I understand we'll see an expanded role for Foster and even Owen Daniels but this is FF and taking a shot on one of these guys to put up some good numbers for the next month is worth a shot.

Walter is the do it all WR for the Texans. He's awesome on run blocking, has great hands (as evidenced by the TD vs NO)and has great size but he's the guy that does all the dirty work for the run game and AJ so he never gets his. Does that change now?

Jacoby Jones is the guy who's supposed to keep breaking out with this team year after year yet never does. He's the speedster and thus the "big play" guy. Will he finally step it up this time?

Thoughts, comments, votes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Owen Daniels :doublethumbsup:

Pretty much.

Targets on the Texans this year:

AJ: 37

Daniels: 23

Casey: 11

Jones: 10

Walter: 6

AJ gets such a ridiculous share of the targets. His loss will completely disrupt their passing game. I can only assume they will be passing a lot less.

I'm hoping it's Jones because I just put in a claim for him, which means it will probably be Walter. <_<

I drafted WR's early this year and landed the best group I've ever had with AJ, Miles and V. Jax. Now all of them are dinged up. :mad:

Jones. Primarily because Walter is going to get injured like he always does and will probably miss more time than AJ.

Last year, last two games of the season AJ was out Jacoby had 5 catches in each game and went for an average of about 92 yards in each game (70 and 115). No TDs but he did score two TDs in the last 4-5 weeks of last season as well...just not in those last two games of the season. I picked him up....they are saying AJ is out for 3 weeks...but who knows for sure. If JJ is the number 1 WR for a big chunk of the season on a high scoring offense which has both Foster and Daniels for opposing defenses to be on the lookout for...that's not a bad WW pickup, IMO.

Mediocre and mediocre-er. Jones has had ample opportunity to break out for 5 years and it just never happens. He will have spotty value when he hits on a longball, but good luck predicting when that will happen. Walter is good for 1 or 2 blowup games every year and then a disappearing act. Again, good luck predicting those couple of big weeks. The bottom line is that neither one is a go-to WR and the Texans' passing numbers will take a dip as a whole without AJ and they will lean more heavily on Foster. If anything, Owen Daniels, who is already on a nice 2-game roll, will be the more consistent guy.

Jones is the amatuer pic here, but he's slow and hasn't done much when given previous chances. Walter is faster (a white boy too), taller, stronger, and the better route runner. I see Walter, Casey, and Daniels being the lead targets for Schaub for a few weeks. Andre' maybe back sooner than expected.

Neither.

I really think they'll go to the TEs more and now we know they are going to run the ball ludicrous amounts.

Schaub's value also tanks without AJ. Foster's will skyrocket beyond the moon.

Walter can be an enigma at times. I had him the last 2 seasons in my re-draft as a late rnd draft for bye-weeks and injuries.

You never know what you get from him every week. Seeing that he has held off Jones the last 2 seasons, I would think he will be the go-to guy.

Jacoby Jones put together a pretty nice run of games over the final four or five weeks of last season. I liked him coming into this year but I have backed off considerably. He is incredibly inconsistent and apparently fragile to boot. He's got the talent to be a force in the NFL but I'm not sure he's ever going to put it all together.

Walter obviously has less upside, but is probably a lot more reliable. If I had to pick one over the other, I'd go with Walter.

I'm hoping it's Jones because I just put in a claim for him, which means it will probably be Walter. <_<

I wish I was wrong about this sh!t

I still think Jones is a better bet for more looks, however the value of either is very low because its obvious the plan revolves around Daniels and Foster until AJ gets back. Hopefully he will be back soon too cause I have him...i need him....i want him

Jones got more targets I believe. Schaub just decided to play and throw like crap when passes were going his way. Should have lobbed it over the defender for the last TD in the final seconds.