Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Tim Tebow!

his game emulates Vick there's no doubt about that. But vick is far superior in the tangible qualities, faster, more athletic, better passer, and stronger arm. Where Vick uses his speed, Tebow will try to lower his shoulder and run people over. I can see him pounding in a few TDs but his rushing #s will never come close to Vick's, his 50% completion rate blows, and his running style will leave him prone to injuries. I'm not saying he's going to suck but i don't think he'll be anything better than mediocre and mark sanchez-like game manager.

I'm hoping to grab him off the WW this week. I have a roster opening now, there's no other pressing need and I missed out on buying Apple for $1 a share.

I don't care that he might not have what it takes to make it as an NFL quarterback. I don't need him to be my starter. And there's a seat waiting for him on my bench. But if he explodes, I could sure use another good WR down the stretch. And we have guys with too many receivers who really need a QB. If he fizzles, there's this little button you click and he vanishes from your roster.

There's no way he's a bad pickup if you're in this situation. He may never win a game for the Broncos. But if he loses his way to 30 points a week, who cares?

This guy hit the nail on the head about Tebow and his possible affect:

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/i-want-tim-tebow-to-fail/

Jeff Pearlman is a 'shock jock' in the sports jounalism world. He says stuff to get a reaction and web 'hits'. Very similar to Greg Doyle. They rely on lemmings like yourself to read and believe the made up crap they spew. Congrats on spreading this year and a half old nonsense. These guys need you to be successful.

This blog was written before that uber hyped Super Bowl commercial that people got their panites in a wad before they even saw it. Well when it aired it was nothing but harmless and people like Jeff Pearlman looked like the idiots they are.

he looks like a fish out of water. Dude will be out of the league in 2 years...what an absolutely retarded thing to do, drafting him where they did. Everyone was projecting him as a 3rd rounder! Good job elway...

This is an example of the knowledge level of most Tebow haters. It was Mcdaniels doosh.

But he's such a competitor!

As evidenced by his two 4th quarter TD passes and run for game tying 2 pt conversion, leading Denver to their first win in Miami out of their last 8 tries.

Oh yeah...and he's now 2-2 as a starter with the same players Orton has gone 12-21 with.

Wait...were you being sarcastic? :lol:

You set a new standard of FAIL in this thread.

As evidenced by his two 4th quarter TD passes and run for game tying 2 pt conversion, leading Denver to their first win in Miami out of their last 8 tries.

Oh yeah...and he's now 2-2 as a starter with the same players Orton has gone 12-21 with.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Orton had Brandon Lloyd to bail him out on his crappy throws. Tebow has no such weapon anymore. Denver traded away a top 5 talent-wise WR. So really, Tebow is 2-2 with a WORSE team than Orton went 12-21 with.

This game was ugly for 3 1/2 quarters, but like Dan Reeves did to Elway, Fox is doing to Tebow. Run first offense that gets you behind the 8 ball, then rely on your stud clutch-as-fock QB to lead you from behind in the 4th quarter after you finally take the handcuffs off of him.

The legend of Tebow continues to grow, and he's fantasy gold!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Orton had Brandon Lloyd to bail him out on his crappy throws. Tebow has no such weapon anymore. Denver traded away a top 5 talent-wise WR. So really, Tebow is 2-2 with a WORSE team than Orton went 12-21 with.

This game was ugly for 3 1/2 quarters, but like Dan Reeves did to Elway, Fox is doing to Tebow. Run first offense that gets you behind the 8 ball, then rely on your stud clutch-as-fock QB to lead you from behind in the 4th quarter after you finally take the handcuffs off of him.

Handcuffs would explain why his passing was so horrid for 80% of the game.

He missed wide open receivers today. On one play, he had a wr who was at midfield with nobody near him

for 20 yards and Tebow threw the ball into the stands. He got the job done but against a better team

than the Dolphins (Most are) he will not be able to get away with what he did today.

I started him today and I can't see myself doing it again. Ryan is on a bye next week and I will

either drop, or try to trade him. It was fun watching the ending but I can't live like that.

I'll give the guy credit for technically a "win"... but if you think it was Denver winning and not Miami losing you've lost your mind. The dolphins haven't won a single game & easily had this game in hand. The truth is just delayed for a week.

I'll give the guy credit for technically a "win"... but if you think it was Denver winning and not Miami losing you've lost your mind. The dolphins haven't won a single game & easily had this game in hand. The truth is just delayed for a week.

The Dolphins did lose this game but I still give credit to Tebow for hanging in there when the game seemed as if

it would be a loss. He did one thing....He did pump up the team just by being their qb.

I hope he doesn't get hurt running around out there and I wish him well but I think he

has played his last game for my team. Thanks Tim!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm... you're agreeing with me, nitwit. Straight up Tebow fan.

Wasn't aware the NFL was now differntiating between games won and games lost by opponent.

Keep backpedaling. If one road win doesn't serve as ample proof, one road loss wouldn't either.

The Tebow haters are amazing. They parrot what douche bag sports writers spew so they can get hits on their pathetic blogs or articles trying to pretend they know what they are talking about. Tebow is now 2-2 in his first 4 starts in the NFL. Results are all that fans care about. Keep pretending you are a scout Tebow haters, as stated, you are lemmings afraid to form your own thoughts.

ESPN said it so it must be true! I can't wait to show my knowledge at the water cooler with the rest of the morons!

The Tebow haters are amazing. They parrot what douche bag sports writers spew so they can get hits on their pathetic blogs or articles trying to pretend they know what they are talking about. Tebow is now 2-2 in his first 4 starts in the NFL. Results are all that fans care about. Keep pretending you are a scout Tebow haters, as stated, you are lemmings afraid to form your own thoughts.

ESPN said it so it must be true! I can't wait to show my knowledge at the water cooler with the rest of the morons!

ESPN doesn't send ball after ball sailing ten yards over his WRs heads. I will say that he should be allowed the typical rookie window so many players go through to adjust to the NFL, but Tebow really needs to be more accurate than he currently is regardless as a starting QB. He struggles with his reads. He has difficulty passing. This is year two. He remains a poor QB.

Until he can pass further than he can run on a consistent basis, better teams will stack the line and make life difficult for him. He won't find a more inviting opponent for the rest of the year, an away game in a place he long made his home against a bottom feeding team whose fans rooted for him more than their own QB. The Sanchize can occasionally win a game for his team and do well in spurts. That doesn't make him a good QB, either.

:rolleyes:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tebow fans are so precious. :wub: :lol:

ESPN did not need to tell me that much of his play yesterday was bad.

It was.

He made plays down the stretch and got helped by a few things.

Good win for him yes...but calm down a bit...it was not pretty for much of it and that was against the freaking Dolphins.

calm down a bit

Were you saying that to all the Tebow 'haters' the past six months? Probalby not.

The weird hate of the guy far more outweighs the Tebow supporters in both numbers and passion. Folks get downright personal when attacking him. That's what was odd and needed to calm down a bit, as you say.

Every so-called anaylyst jumped at any and every chance to knock the guy. And the 'haters' jumped at any chance to listen to them. It's what happened.

Nobody (with a straight face) ever said Tim Tebow is going to be a Pro Bowl QB in the NFL. Everybody agrees his accuracy needs work and he throws an ugly ball at times. Everybody agrees Tebow is very young and needs to develop (like all other rookie or young QB's in the league).

But the kid has something. I can't define it, or quantify it, or tell you exactly what it is. But when he plays the game you never feel like the team is out of it. You feel like the Broncos have a chance to win the ball game. Something you didn't feel when Orton was behind center.

There's going to be ugly quarters and games. Like all young QB's he's going to struggle at times. However you simply have to acknowledge he brings a unique quality to football teams he plays on. He just does. It's as easy to see as it is his ugly throwing motion. All we want is for the 'haters' to acknoweldge that quality as fast as they do the others.

Were you saying that to all the Tebow 'haters' the past six months? Probalby not.

The weird hate of the guy far more outweighs the Tebow supporters in both numbers and passion. Folks get downright personal when attacking him. That's what was odd and needed to calm down a bit, as you say.

Every so-called anaylyst jumped at any and every chance to knock the guy. And the 'haters' jumped at any chance to listen to them. It's what happened.

Nobody (with a straight face) ever said Tim Tebow is going to be a Pro Bowl QB in the NFL. Everybody agrees his accuracy needs work and he throws an ugly ball at times. Everybody agrees Tebow is very young and needs to develop (like all other rookie or young QB's in the league).

But the kid has something. I can't define it, or quantify it, or tell you exactly what it is. But when he plays the game you never feel like the team is out of it. You feel like the Broncos have a chance to win the ball game. Something you didn't feel when Orton was behind center.

There's going to be ugly quarters and games. Like all young QB's he's going to struggle at times. However you simply have to acknowledge he brings a unique quality to football teams he plays on. He just does. It's as easy to see as it is his ugly throwing motion. All we want is for the 'haters' to acknoweldge that quality as fast as they do the others.

No, you supporters are worse than the "haters".

Anyone who criticizes him...even when they are right...is labeled a hater.

He looked bad for most of that game.

As he has earlier in the preseason (the reason he was #3 on the depth chart).

They knock him for reasons he should be knocked...and you supporters get your panties in a bunch because everyone does not bow down to Tebow.

Now, he will have his good times, and I will give him credit...nice come back there (why was the comeback needed...have anything to do with how bad he was before those last drives?).

In addition, the kid works his tail off trying to get better and has that will to win.

I just don't think he has the arm and mechanics to do so consistently in this league.

No, you supporters are worse than the "haters".

Go back and read this thread (or any Tebow thread) and let me know who is throwing the most stones. Let me know which 'side' is making it personal. Let me know which 'side' is saying definitive statments (i.e. using the words "never"). Let me know which 'side' has the most angst.

Do that, and come back and say that with a straight face. You can't. HTH. :thumbsup:

I'm not a hater or supporter.

Never seen a QB miss wide open guys so badly. We've all seen lots of QBs under throw and over throw guys running vertically. We've all seen guys throw behind or lead a WR too much running across the field. But I've never seen a QB miss so wide to guys running vertically. There must have been 5 balls throw out of bounds while the WR was running a go route 10 yards in bounds.

I've never seen a QB throw worse. But then Suck for Luck took hold with the Dolphins. They can't screw around with Tebow when the Rams and Colts are both sucking for Luck so well right now.

Go back and read this thread (or any Tebow thread) and let me know who is throwing the most stones. Let me know which 'side' is making it personal. Let me know which 'side' is saying definitive statments (i.e. using the words "never"). Let me know which 'side' has the most angst.

Do that, and come back and say that with a straight face. You can't. HTH. :thumbsup:

I can say it with a straight face. He looked aweful. It wasn't until they went to pure shotgun formation that he even looked remotely like a QB. He played against one of the worst teams in the league and got LUCKY due to horrible play calling on Sparano, horrible special teams play on the Fins and an extremely fortuitious turnover in OT after which his team didn't gain a yard but still managed to win on a FG. People said the same crap about Vince Young...oh, he's a winner...all he does is win games. I watched the kids (Vince) for years and if his primary receiver isn't open, the play is dead. He's either running it, getting sacked or throwing it to a guy on the other team. Vince can't make reads beyond the 1st one. At this point, I don't see Tebow much differently. Tebow will get better, and he'll be a difference maker against the pathetic dregs of the NFL like Miami, but he'll be exposed by good teams and disiplined defenses. I like the kid and I like that he stands up for what he believes in, but people sort of need to get off his holy jock.

Now, he will have his good times, and I will give him credit...nice come back there (why was the comeback needed...have anything to do with how bad he was before those last drives?).

Could have had something to do with the two missed FG after decent drives, and the McGahee fumble without the ball being touched.

As to the rest of your post, there have been a couple years of endless "Tebow sucks!" posts/threads. I haven't seen many "Tebow's great!" .

There's always going to be people on either side of any issue who simply peg the meter all the way on their side. That's what I tend to see on the anti-Tebow side. Hell, there were people defending Orton as the continued starter despite his staggering lack of success. Christ, there were people calloing for Brady Quinn!

Reasonable supporters of Tebow made many of the following points: his W-L %, though a small sample, was superior to Orton's with the same cast; the team appeared to play harder and for 60 minutes with him than without him; the guy just seems to have an inate ability to motivate his team; his running ability helps to mitigate the shortcomings in his passing skill set and are a boon to a bad team; at worst, he's the only QB they have under contract for 2012 so they better see what he's got.

On the other side: He sucks; so tired of him and his religious beliefs (which, btw, I don't share); lots of college QB don't make the transition, so he won't; he can't throw; he runs too much and will get killed; ought to be a TE; Orton gives them their best chance to win.

I'm with KSB. Never have said he's a HOFer or All Pro, but he gives a crappy team a better chance to win than anyone else on the roster. Yes, it'll be ugly at times, but the only sight that matters in a ballgame is the scoreboard at the final gun.

Listen, this is a league where Colt McCoy, Christian Ponder, Charlie Whitehurst, Blain Gabbert, John Beck, Kyle Boller, Curtis Painter and Matt Moore started this week. McCoy's team won 6-3. Gabbert's results aren't in yet. All the others lost. Tebow won. It's not like everybody is starting the next coming of Johnny Unitas.

This week they traded their best WR and lost their top RB in the 3rd quarter and he managed to help them to a win. Those who dislike the guy are already focused on his next loss...which he'll have, all young QB do, especially those on teams as bad as Denver. The OP of this thread even trotted out the insipid "Miami lost, Denver didn't win" stance.

As long as the detractors want to look forward to failures that haven't occurred, it's not realistic to expect supporters to not celebrate successes that have actually happened.

i'm not a tebow hater, i'm a realist. All of the tebow lovers stick to the "he has that 'it' factor" or "he's just a winner" you guys need to understand that the NFL is a whole different animal than the SEC. He's a great runner for a guy his size but its hard to watch him throw the football, just flat out ugly, and his pocket presence is lousy. Simply put, 75% of the time he looks lost out there. But he's a winner, he has "it". Those are things that can't be measured or quantified. i like to look at statistical evidence. He just simply doesn't have the skill set and intelligence to be a successful QB in the NFL. But he can run pretty well :dunno:

I like his method of avoiding pressure. Most guys slide or run while keeping their eyes down field. But Tebow has figured out that it's better to turn your back to the play and just run backwards. :thumbsup: Musta done it 6 times yesterday.

i'm not a tebow hater, i'm a realist. All of the tebow lovers stick to the "he has that 'it' factor" or "he's just a winner" you guys need to understand that the NFL is a whole different animal than the SEC. He's a great runner for a guy his size but its hard to watch him throw the football, just flat out ugly, and his pocket presence is lousy. Simply put, 75% of the time he looks lost out there. But he's a winner, he has "it". Those are things that can't be measured or quantified. i like to look at statistical evidence. He just simply doesn't have the skill set and intelligence to be a successful QB in the NFL. But he can run pretty well :dunno:

So now you are measuring his intelligence? How So? The thing is, people do not want to give him a chance. He has started 4 games at the NFL level and has won 50% of them. What statistics are you using to show he "can not" be successful? I am looking at scoreboard. Most rookies get a chance to improve but for some reason the detractors do not think Tebow should get the chance. , Tebows accuracy looked great in the final 4 minutes of the game, yet all we hear about are his misses early in the game.

The bottom line is, we have 10 more games to find out what he is about. The Broncos are not in the Luck sweepstakes so we mine as well figure otu if Tebow can play QB. It is going to take more than 4 games to find that out.

hey may suck in real life, but he's fantasy gold. 50 yards rushing and the teams goal line back guaranteed each week pretty much. He aint no Aaron Rodgers, but it's debatable that you would start him over Flacco, Matt Ryan, Schaub, Big Ben, and Phillip Rivers. if your in a 12 team league, name 12 qb's that would put up better fantasy numbers than him the rest of the way, im willing to bet he's top 10 at least.

I like his method of avoiding pressure. Most guys slide or run while keeping their eyes down field. But Tebow has figured out that it's better to turn your back to the play and just run backwards. :thumbsup: Musta done it 6 times yesterday.

It's a horrible trait, and I cringe every time I see it.

Stated in another thread that his first half wasd the worst I've seen an NFL QB have.

Yet, when it mattered most, he made plays and his team won.

Three starts last year in what all his detractors say was garbage time. No OTA's, no QB camp, no reps with the 1's until the last two weeks. I'm willing to wait a bit before I decide on his future.

Tebow is not a very good qb... but he is 'clutch' he seems to be able to come up with big plays when he really needs them. He sucked for 3 qtrs this week, but somehow when the game was on the line he pulled a rabbit out of his arse... he is like the anti-romo

i like to look at statistical evidence.

Interesting. I like to look at wins vs losses.

I have Tebow on my fantasy team and hope he blows up this year, but the level of Tebow love around here is ridiculous. He was spraying footballs all over the place until the 4th quarter. Great job rallying the team at the end, but it may not have been necessary if the Broncos could've sustained a few drives earlier in the game. I'll reserve judgement until I see Jesus Boy against a somewhat competent D next week.

Great job rallying the team at the end, but it may not have been necessary if the Broncos could've sustained a few drives earlier in the game.

Or if their kicker had made two FG shorter than the game winner.

Or if their kicker had made two FG shorter than the game winner.

True, but Tebow was pathetic for most of that game against a hideous D. I hope he's the second coming but I'm not going to fluff him all week after an uneven showing against a real bad team.

Ummm... you're agreeing with me, nitwit. Straight up Tebow fan.

I know, I was saying you were wrong that Tebow and Orton had the same team. Orton at least had Lloyd to bail out his 5+ yard off target throws. Tebow has no such luxury.

Also for the others, I hated the fact that the Broncos drafted Tebow. I hated it, but, I'm giving the kid a shot. Far too often, the guys we want to play on our team turn out to be busts, while the guys we never wanted turn out to be gold. I'm hoping that Tebow turns to gold, and hey, so far, he's 1-0 this year.

There are also a lot more factors that go into incompletions than "he missed Decker for a sure TD by 5 yards" and "he missed Thomas by 20 yards"....

On the Decker play, Tebow about got his head ripped off a nanosecond after the snap. The mere fact that he was able to throw the ball before he got sacked is a feat that not many QBs have. Orton gets sacked on that same play. Brady (Tom) gets sacked on that same play, Peyton Manning, Drew Breese, Aaron Rodgers, they all get sacked on that same play. So Tebow "overthrowing" Decker is a hell of a lot better than him getting sacked and never even attempting to throw the ball.

That Tebow to Thomas incompletion was simple miscommunication. Tebow expected Thomas to go outside, Thomas expected Tebow to throw in the middle of the field. One person was right, and the other wrong. We'll never know who to blame, so you can't place blame on either player till the coaches say "Tebow misread" or "Thomas misread". Lets face it, Thomas is playing his first game this year, and couldn't even practice all of the offseason, so I'm more inclined to think that Thomas was the one who ran the wrong route, but again, I can't confirm that till someone says so.

Sure, Tebow had some bad throws, but he was also executing a gameplan that didn't allow him to get into any sort of rhythm what-so-ever, so it's kinda hard to say that he sucks. You'll notice that once they decided to let him do his thing, Tebow started passing, started getting into a rhythm, and things started clicking overall. You'll also notice that our first possession in OT was a 3 and out. What was the difference between that 1st OT possession and the last 2 that were so successful? The answer is simple really: The last 2 possessions of the 4th quarter, Tebow was allowed to play his game, he found a rhythm, and things clicked. In overtime, they put the handcuffs back on Tebow, ran their "first 55minutes of the game" offense, and to nobody's surprise, looked like the first 55 minutes of the game.

That simple "eye test" should tell the whole world that Tebow is way better than what he showed in the first 55 minutes. It was the coaches holding him back, not his talent/accuracy/brains.

True, but Tebow was pathetic for most of that game against a hideous D. I hope he's the second coming but I'm not going to fluff him all week after an uneven showing against a real bad team.

All I take away from it is that he performed his best when young players tend to be at their worst, and he helped the team win. Any road win in the NFL is a big win, especially for a bad team. Miami's awful, but let's not forget that so far Denver hasn't been appreciably better.