Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Tim Tebow!

You guys are aware that Denver wants the dude to fail right? They make no effort to tailor the offense to his strengths, Trade away his best receiver the week after he gets the starting gig, and seemingly go out of their way to never say much of anything positive about him.

It's obvious that they are only playing him to appease the fans which is just stupid. Just play Quinn and trade Tebow to a team that wants him next year (or cut him).

Also, most of you in this thread are going to hell. I'm praying for you.

I can say it with a straight face.

You totally didn't understand what I asked Shonuff to "say with a straight face". It had nothing to do with your opinion of Tim Tebow. It had to do with which 'side' of the arguement was more venomous. I'm just going to assume you didn't read the posts between he and I.

I'm not a hater or supporter.

Never seen a QB miss wide open guys so badly. We've all seen lots of QBs under throw and over throw guys running vertically. We've all seen guys throw behind or lead a WR too much running across the field. But I've never seen a QB miss so wide to guys running vertically. There must have been 5 balls throw out of bounds while the WR was running a go route 10 yards in bounds.

I've never seen a QB throw worse. But then Suck for Luck took hold with the Dolphins. They can't screw around with Tebow when the Rams and Colts are both sucking for Luck so well right now.

No doubt he has to get better delivering the football. But keep in mind that even HOF QB's like Aikman and Petyton had low Completion Percentages their rookie years (which this is pretty much Tebows as it's only his 4th start). He will only get better in that department.

But guess what he didn't do? Throw an INT. And he had 60+ yards rushing to keep drives alive. Kyle Orton can't do that.

Sometimes an incomplete pass is better than a sack or a turnover. :thumbsup:

You guys are aware that Denver wants the dude to fail right? They make no effort to tailor the offense to his strengths, Trade away his best receiver the week after he gets the starting gig, and seemingly go out of their way to never say much of anything positive about him.

To the contrary, I think the Lloyd trade was to help Tebow. Lloyd was set to be a cancer in the lockeroom; he's been pretty vocal pro-Orton from day one. He's in his contract year and needs to post numbers. Don't see him suddenly getting on board.

Go back and read this thread (or any Tebow thread) and let me know who is throwing the most stones. Let me know which 'side' is making it personal. Let me know which 'side' is saying definitive statments (i.e. using the words "never"). Let me know which 'side' has the most angst.

Do that, and come back and say that with a straight face. You can't. HTH. :thumbsup:

The "haters" are rare.

I say that because there are few that just hate the guy for the sake of hating him.

I don't call someone a hater for calling the guy what he is.

You do...because you think that highly of him.

And the "haters" have the facts about the guy and his abilities to this point on their side.

Sorry that you can't handle it.

Just because those criticizing him have more posts does not mean they are worse than the knob schlobbing you are giving him.

I'm not a hater or supporter.

Never seen a QB miss wide open guys so badly. We've all seen lots of QBs under throw and over throw guys running vertically. We've all seen guys throw behind or lead a WR too much running across the field. But I've never seen a QB miss so wide to guys running vertically. There must have been 5 balls throw out of bounds while the WR was running a go route 10 yards in bounds.

I've never seen a QB throw worse. But then Suck for Luck took hold with the Dolphins. They can't screw around with Tebow when the Rams and Colts are both sucking for Luck so well right now.

Nope, you said something negative about poor Timmy, you are a hater.

Could have had something to do with the two missed FG after decent drives, and the McGahee fumble without the ball being touched.

As to the rest of your post, there have been a couple years of endless "Tebow sucks!" posts/threads. I haven't seen many "Tebow's great!" .

There's always going to be people on either side of any issue who simply peg the meter all the way on their side. That's what I tend to see on the anti-Tebow side. Hell, there were people defending Orton as the continued starter despite his staggering lack of success. Christ, there were people calloing for Brady Quinn!

Reasonable supporters of Tebow made many of the following points: his W-L %, though a small sample, was superior to Orton's with the same cast; the team appeared to play harder and for 60 minutes with him than without him; the guy just seems to have an inate ability to motivate his team; his running ability helps to mitigate the shortcomings in his passing skill set and are a boon to a bad team; at worst, he's the only QB they have under contract for 2012 so they better see what he's got.

On the other side: He sucks; so tired of him and his religious beliefs (which, btw, I don't share); lots of college QB don't make the transition, so he won't; he can't throw; he runs too much and will get killed; ought to be a TE; Orton gives them their best chance to win.

I'm with KSB. Never have said he's a HOFer or All Pro, but he gives a crappy team a better chance to win than anyone else on the roster. Yes, it'll be ugly at times, but the only sight that matters in a ballgame is the scoreboard at the final gun.

Listen, this is a league where Colt McCoy, Christian Ponder, Charlie Whitehurst, Blain Gabbert, John Beck, Kyle Boller, Curtis Painter and Matt Moore started this week. McCoy's team won 6-3. Gabbert's results aren't in yet. All the others lost. Tebow won. It's not like everybody is starting the next coming of Johnny Unitas.

This week they traded their best WR and lost their top RB in the 3rd quarter and he managed to help them to a win. Those who dislike the guy are already focused on his next loss...which he'll have, all young QB do, especially those on teams as bad as Denver. The OP of this thread even trotted out the insipid "Miami lost, Denver didn't win" stance.

As long as the detractors want to look forward to failures that haven't occurred, it's not realistic to expect supporters to not celebrate successes that have actually happened.

So the bad things were not his fault...all the poor passes were someone else's fault too right?

Ponder was playing the World champs. Tebow was playing the focking Dolphins.

Oh, and I don't give a rat's ass what religion the guy is or talks about...has nothing to do with his shortcomings as a QB.

To the contrary, I think the Lloyd trade was to help Tebow. Lloyd was set to be a cancer in the lockeroom; he's been pretty vocal pro-Orton from day one. He's in his contract year and needs to post numbers. Don't see him suddenly getting on board.

So why did you then use that as a crutch "This week they traded their best WR and lost their top RB in the 3rd quarter and he managed to help them to a win. "???

It certainly seems that way. I found it interesting from the pre-season that they had him listed as the #3 QB - even though they were trying to trade Orton and had no intention of actually starting Quinn.

I wonder what it will take for Tebow to win over the coaching staff?

Anyway, I have no love for the guy, but he is on my fantasy team so hopefully he keeps putting up numbers :thumbsup:

To people that saw the game - I have a couple questions:

- 7 sacks?? How did this happen even with him running the ball so much? He had to have been taking a beating.

- 3 targets for Decker, 10 targets for Thomas. What was going on here, I expected Decker to be the clear #1?

Who cares if he's not a typical NFL QB or good in terms of "Real" stats.

Even with such a shitty real game, he still put up Fantasy gold this week. 23 points for 5 minutes worth of production ain't so bad!

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we only care what he does for our Fantasy teams. He can overthrow guys by 30 yards as long as he keeps putting up 150-200/60 with a couple of TD's.

No one wants a poor man's Cam Newton? or Cam 2.0? :dunno:

You totally didn't understand what I asked Shonuff to "say with a straight face". It had nothing to do with your opinion of Tim Tebow. It had to do with which 'side' of the arguement was more venomous. I'm just going to assume you didn't read the posts between he and I.

Honestly, I don't care. He's a football player, and discussions on him should be about his play. Nobody should be this polarizing on a football field just because they're in bed with God (and nobody else :rolleyes: )

He won in college because he was on most days among the best athletes on the field and shared the field most days with a team that had signficantly more good athletes on it than most of the teams they played. It's easy to win when you and most of your buddies are better than everybody you play. In college they may have won because of Tebow, but on Sunday for the most part they won in spite of Tebow. And as a football player at the most visable position on the field, he deserves every bit of criticism he receives, particularly when he plays like he did and the media fawns all over him and his "winning ways". :rolleyes:

To people that saw the game - I have a couple questions:

- 7 sacks?? How did this happen even with him running the ball so much? He had to have been taking a beating.

- 3 targets for Decker, 10 targets for Thomas. What was going on here, I expected Decker to be the clear #1?

Sacks- He was very hesitant throwing the ball, especially in the first 3 quarters. Appeared to be afraid to make a mistake, pulled the ball down numerous times. Add in his limited ability to make reads across the field at this point, and most of the sacks were his fault. Later in the game, after McGahee's injury, they tried going with Moreno, who is the pass protect equivalent of a turnstyle. They ended up bringing in Ball on 3rd down, then a two man backfield when it was apparent they had to throw.

Targets- Don't ignore the 4 targets for Fells, most of which came late in the most productive part of their passing game. Last week when people were asking which WR would benefit from Tebow, I offered up that the TE would see the biggest jump in targets. It's true with most young QB; the TE is a big security blanket, and the one receiver who isn't deep down field on a slow developing play. Same reason Davis in Washington was a good play with Beck, and why Carolina went out and got Shockey and Olsen for Newton. I would expect that to continue until Tebow gets more comfortable in the passing game. I especially expect end zone targets for Fells. Once Tebow starts to move parallel to the GL, LB have little choice but to react.

Honestly, I don't care. He's a football player, and discussions on him should be about his play. Nobody should be this polarizing on a football field just because they're in bed with God (and nobody else :rolleyes: )

He won in college because he was on most days among the best athletes on the field and shared the field most days with a team that had signficantly more good athletes on it than most of the teams they played. It's easy to win when you and most of your buddies are better than everybody you play. In college they may have won because of Tebow, but on Sunday for the most part they won in spite of Tebow. And as a football player at the most visable position on the field, he deserves every bit of criticism he receives, particularly when he plays like he did and the media fawns all over him and his "winning ways". :rolleyes:

A. What does God have to do with anything? That part of the Tebow backlash (in the NFL) is way overblown. Since Tebow's been in the league he's not been overt with his religion whatsoever. To be honest he's been simply a very workman like player. He seems to say all the right things. In a league full of drunk drivers killing folks, dog murderers, Straigh Cash Homies, me first WR's and Rapelisbergers it's actually a breath of fresh air to see a kid who follows the rules, is a team players, and simply wants to play football. :dunno:

B. The media fawns over him because he's a National Champion Heisman Trophy winner and his style is different. Which makes him polarizing. That same media will bash him the first chance they get; its a two way street when you are a figure like that. See Cam Newton. Before week one he was the butt of jokes, now he's the best thing since sliced bread. That's the media in 2011. Get mad at them (media) if you hate the attention; it appears your angst is mis-directed.

In college they may have won because of Tebow, but on Sunday for the most part they won in spite of Tebow.

You want to detach his performance from his popularity. No problem. He sucked early on. The worst half of football I may have ever seen from an NFL QB.

Yet, Prater missed two FG shorter than the GW and McGahee flat dropped and lost a fumble when the ball wasn't touched. Their defense allowed a 66% completion rate to Matt Moore, whose throwing motion is only slightly better than Tebow's, and couldn't come up with 2 balls that should have been INT.

But in the end a 1-4 team, on the road in a stadium where they were 0-7 in their history, won "in spite of" the guy who directed two 80 yard 4th quarter drives that resulted in TD passes and ran for the tying 2 pt conversion with under :20 remaining?

And you want his supporters to let go of preconceived notions and focus on results on the field.

You want to detach his performance from his popularity. No problem. He sucked early on. The worst half of football I may have ever seen from an NFL QB.

Yet, Prater missed two FG shorter than the GW and McGahee flat dropped and lost a fumble when the ball wasn't touched. Their defense allowed a 66% completion rate to Matt Moore, whose throwing motion is only slightly better than Tebow's, and couldn't come up with 2 balls that should have been INT.

But in the end a 1-4 team, on the road in a stadium where they were 0-7 in their history, won "in spite of" the guy who directed two 80 yard 4th quarter drives that resulted in TD passes and ran for the tying 2 pt conversion with under :20 remaining?

And you want his supporters to let go of preconceived notions and focus on results on the field.

Two 80 yard drives?

One was 80.

The other was 55.

And in the end it was the fumble recovery which led to the winning FG.

I'm amazed at how much time is used in discussing a terrible NFL QB. Yes, he will get you some fantasy numbers but only because he runs the ball. The man cannot read defenses and is very inaccurate. When you are being compared to Bobby Douglass, you are not very good. Save the garbage winner argument. That's what was said about Orton when he was traded from Chicago and how did that work out?

Two 80 yard drives?

One was 80.

The other was 55.

And in the end it was the fumble recovery which led to the winning FG.

Info which changes...well, the length of one of the drives necessary to get to OT.

It's obvious that they are only playing him to appease the fans which is just stupid. Just play Quinn and trade Tebow to a team that wants him next year (or cut him).

Also, most of you in this thread are going to hell. I'm praying for you.

This!

The "haters" are rare.

I say that because there are few that just hate the guy for the sake of hating him.

I don't call someone a hater for calling the guy what he is.

You do...because you think that highly of him.

And the "haters" have the facts about the guy and his abilities to this point on their side.

Sorry that you can't handle it.

Just because those criticizing him have more posts does not mean they are worse than the knob schlobbing you are giving him.

That is the thing you don't realize. The facts are not facts at this point. You are blinded by your need to be right.

That is the thing you don't realize. The facts are not facts at this point. You are blinded by your need to be right.

So he does not have an odd delivery?

Those passes for most of the game were accurate and on target?

He was looking good?

Blinded by my need to be right? What an idiotic thing to say.

Sorry...the facts about him and his style and his play so far are there.

So he does not have an odd delivery?

Those passes for most of the game were accurate and on target?

He was looking good?

Blinded by my need to be right? What an idiotic thing to say.

Sorry...the facts about him and his style and his play so far are there.

I know you feel comfortable with your assessment, because after all, that is what the experts are saying. Unlike you I will reserve my opinion until I get a better sample size - he is 500 so far. If he sucks then the Broncos will draft another QB, but basing that off 4 games is what is idiotic.

Bottom line for tebow. 4 starts, 4 excellent fantasy games. Dudes an awful nfl qb but I don't care, fantasy gold. Name another total crap qb that puts up monster numbers 100 percent of his games (small sample size I kno, sue me, this guy was supposed to be a bum and not fantasy starta me.)

After reading this thread, I figured out why this topic is so hot. It's not about religion. It's about common sense. What we have here is a bunch of people clamoring for Tebow to start. Then "the haters" are saying, "Wait, he can't even throw the ball. How can you say that?" Then the Tebow supporters say, "Oh, I know he'll never be a Pro Bowler. He's just got IT! He's a winner!"

This is a lot like someone coming up to you and saying, "The sky is red." You're first inclination is to say, "No it's not." On the 10th time they say it, you ask why and they say, "It just is!" and then you just shrug. Then when you hear that the sky is red for the 150th time that day, you stop calmly thinking, "No it's not," and you start thinking, "Would you shut up with the stupid 'sky is red' bullshit? It's obviously not red, moron!"

That's exactly what is going on here. Every single guy swinging from Tebow's jock readily will say Tebow is not a skilled QB, and that's the same thing the Tebow "haters" are saying. The difference is that the supporters, just think you can win in the NFL with a qb that can't throw the ball, and the haters don't.

Listen. At best you're looking at a situation like the Dolphins had when they started running the wildcat, and it took defenses a year and a half to figure out that maybe they should just run blitz when they line up in the wildcat, and then defenses finally shut it down. Now no one uses it anymore. That's the best case scenario. You catch a few teams off guard and Tebow manufactures some wins.

The more likely scenario is everyone dusts off their old wildcat defense gameplans, tweaks it to add some exotic blitzes on obvious passing downs, they start spying Tebow, and then of course they don't try stupid two point conversions, they recover onside kicks, and then they don't fumble in overtime in fieldgoal range.

And before whoever keeps bringing up the two missed fieldgoals by Prater comes by again, Prater missing a 49 yarder and a 43 yarder are way more likely than a team recovering an onside kick and a qb fumbling the ball away in field goal range. Kickers miss long field goals all the time. In fact, Prater is only 18 out of 32 from 40+ yards in his career. The guy is just a bad kicker. The Broncos got lucky as hell to win that game. Infact, they got lucky he even made the 52 yarder.

People said the same crap about Vince Young...oh, he's a winner...all he does is win games. I watched the kids (Vince) for years and if his primary receiver isn't open, the play is dead. He's either running it, getting sacked or throwing it to a guy on the other team. Vince can't make reads beyond the 1st one. At this point, I don't see Tebow much differently.

There's a big difference:

Vince Young had a decent arm.

And he was smarter, since he did believe in all that Jesus-y crap. :lol:

After reading this thread, I figured out why this topic is so hot. It's not about religion. It's about common sense. What we have here is a bunch of people clamoring for Tebow to start. Then "the haters" are saying, "Wait, he can't even throw the ball. How can you say that?" Then the Tebow supporters say, "Oh, I know he'll never be a Pro Bowler. He's just got IT! He's a winner!"

This is a lot like someone coming up to you and saying, "The sky is red." You're first inclination is to say, "No it's not." On the 10th time they say it, you ask why and they say, "It just is!" and then you just shrug. Then when you hear that the sky is red for the 150th time that day, you stop calmly thinking, "No it's not," and you start thinking, "Would you shut up with the stupid 'sky is red' bullshit? It's obviously not red, moron!"

That's exactly what is going on here. Every single guy swinging from Tebow's jock readily will say Tebow is not a skilled QB, and that's the same thing the Tebow "haters" are saying. The difference is that the supporters, just think you can win in the NFL with a qb that can't throw the ball, and the haters don't.

Listen. At best you're looking at a situation like the Dolphins had when they started running the wildcat, and it took defenses a year and a half to figure out that maybe they should just run blitz when they line up in the wildcat, and then defenses finally shut it down. Now no one uses it anymore. That's the best case scenario. You catch a few teams off guard and Tebow manufactures some wins.

The more likely scenario is everyone dusts off their old wildcat defense gameplans, tweaks it to add some exotic blitzes on obvious passing downs, they start spying Tebow, and then of course they don't try stupid two point conversions, they recover onside kicks, and then they don't fumble in overtime in fieldgoal range.

And before whoever keeps bringing up the two missed fieldgoals by Prater comes by again, Prater missing a 49 yarder and a 43 yarder are way more likely than a team recovering an onside kick and a qb fumbling the ball away in field goal range. Kickers miss long field goals all the time. In fact, Prater is only 18 out of 32 from 40+ yards in his career. The guy is just a bad kicker. The Broncos got lucky as hell to win that game. Infact, they got lucky he even made the 52 yarder.

Maybe there are people at say "He's a winner" or "he has it". I'm sure a vast majority of people don't really give a sh!t. He puts up fantasy points, and most people want to be on that train till it derails. The longer the better. I bet you would find a very, very, small number of people here that think he's gonna have a great, winning career with a reasonable comp. percentage. It's all about fantasy here, no more, no less.

If Tebow gives the Broncos more wins than Orton, Tebow keeps playing and producing fantasy points. That's all that matters. Unless we start deducting QB points for flawed mechanics. Or church attendance.

I know you feel comfortable with your assessment, because after all, that is what the experts are saying. Unlike you I will reserve my opinion until I get a better sample size - he is 500 so far. If he sucks then the Broncos will draft another QB, but basing that off 4 games is what is idiotic.

So how many years will it take.

Because these criticisms go back to college and now several starts over a year and a half in the NFL.

BTW...Im not basing it off of 4 games...

Maybe there are people at say "He's a winner" or "he has it". I'm sure a vast majority of people don't really give a sh!t. He puts up fantasy points, and most people want to be on that train till it derails. The longer the better. I bet you would find a very, very, small number of people here that think he's gonna have a great, winning career with a reasonable comp. percentage. It's all about fantasy here, no more, no less.

I don't think I have seen many "haters" disagree that he is good in fantasy.

This thread, and a lot of the supporters that he is talking about are talking about his prospects as an NFL QB.

If Tebow gives the Broncos more wins than Orton, Tebow keeps playing and producing fantasy points. That's all that matters. Unless we start deducting QB points for flawed mechanics. Or church attendance.

Exactly. That's all most are saying in a nut shell. You hit the nail on the head. All the rest is just semantics. :thumbsup:

The Broncos were going nowhere with Kyle Orton. That was plain as day to see. At least with Tebow it feels like the team has a fighting chance to win (even if ugly). Maybe they do win, maybe they don't, but there's only one way to find out. Plus it gets the fan base excited.

Who cares about his throwing mechanics or church attendance. :sleep:

There's a big difference:

Vince Young had a decent arm.

Never heard anyone say anything positive about Youngs work ethic, character, or ability to handle pressure situations. In fact, he's shown pretty clearly that these are not his strong suit.

And whichever option happens...though I would argue it's foolish to say these are the only two possibilities...it's better for Denver than going forward with Orton, who is a FA after the season anyway. Quinn obviously hasn't wowed anyone in the front office, and he's on a one year deal. Tebow, however, is a first round pick and on contract through at least 2012.

When the Tebow discussions started a few weeks ago after Orton crapped the bed on national TV, my point was simple: it makes no sense for this franchise, in this situation, to not play him. Pretty or ungly, good or bad, it's incumbent on them to figure out what none of us knows for sure: can he be a servicable QB through next year. This isn't a Super Bowl team; it's not even remotely close to a playoff team in a crappy division. So you better figure out what you've got for your investment or decide to cut him loose if he's not worth it. In the meantime, you either appease your fan base or make them realize they need to shut up.

We all talk about the NFL as a passing league, but over the last 5 years teams with a 300 yd QB win just about 50% of the time; teams with a 100 yd WR win about 60% of the time; and teams with a 100 yd rusher win about 70% of the time. (I posted the exact #'s a month or so ago when I first heard them; memory isn't good enough to remember exact %, but this is the gist). So if Tebow's unique skill set helps them win a few games, it sure as hell beats losing those games until they figure out their future.

I'm not an idealist, a Denver fan, a born again Christian, nor swinging on Tebow's jock. But I am old enough to remember atypical QBs with an "it" factor succeed, some long term, some not so much. I look at a floundering franchise who has money invested in a guy that may fit that profile and can see no reason why he shouldn't play. And I care nothing about what happens during a game except the final score. There are no style points.

It is hard to add salient comment on top of all who have already posted their strong opinions, but I'll do my best to try to add a little sanity to the conversation. The article that best sums up Tim Tebow from an NFL standpoint, a personal standpoint and (with my comments) from a Fantasy Football standpoint is by Denver beat writer Woody Paige. I won't quote the entire article, but you'll will get the main idea:

"Mid-set of the Journey concert in suburban Denver three weeks ago, lead vocalist Arnel Pineda​ donned a Tim Tebow​ jersey and sang:

"Don't stop believin'

"Hold on to the feelin' "

But, Tebow said Sunday afternoon after an astonishing comeback victory, "We believed. I don't know how many times ('believe') was said to me and how many times I said it to other guys throughout the game. Believing. That was the biggest thing I took from this game."

For five games, the Broncos hoped they could win. They thought they could win late in the game against the Chargers. Toward the conclusion Sunday, they believed they could win. Now, they know they can win.

The reason the Broncos won, according to linebacker/philosopher Wesley Woodyard: "Just not giving up, believing in our teammates, just believing in everyone on the field."

For almost 57 minutes Sunday, Tebow and the Broncos played like goats, in danger of being humiliated by the worst team in the NFL and being shut out for the first time in 19 years. The Broncos unveiled a game plan that was as conservative as the Tea Party and embarrassed all the Tebow Party-goers who showed up in south Florida for the quarterback's return to his home state...Eight pass attempts, only three completions, just 24 yards, no points through three quarters. A yawnfest.

In the final 2:44 of the fourth quarter, the Broncos scored two touchdowns, and Tebow converted a two-point conversion with a run to tie the game against the Dolphins. After D.J. Williams forced a fumble and recovered the ball (while on his back) in overtime, Matt Prater​ kicked a 52-yard field goal for the victory.

Coach John Fox acted afterward as if he really believed."

Later in the same article, Paige aptly described Tebow this way: "Tebow is Goofy here, Superman there.....Get used to The Tebow Thing."

Personal edit: Tebow put up about 5 FPTs over the first 55 minutes, and then, wham, 23 FPTs in less than 5!

Some quotes by Tebow that sum up the man: "It's my fault that we were in that (15-0) situation in the first place. I just have to play better in the first three quarters so we don't have to make that comeback in the fourth," Touchdown Timmy said.

Again from the Paige article: Before the game, as he completed warm-ups, Tebow ran over to embrace 16-year-old Garrett Atwood, who was wearing a No. 15 Broncos jersey. Through his foundation and the "Dreams Come True" program, Tebow has befriended Atwood, who developed a rare, life-threatening disease and is learning to walk and talk again.

Tebow said: "Putting a smile on (Garrett's) face before the game was more important than winning the game. I think that's the perspective that my faith gives me in something like this."

Read more: Paige: Seeing is believing in Tebow's world - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19179738?obref=obnetwork#ixzz1bpqwirA1

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

So....was Sunday's performance Tebows floor or his ceiling? The truth is that it represents some of both. Tebow has significant flaws as a conventional pocket passing QB which have been well discussed in this post and well documented elsewhere. But he can extend and create huge passing plays with his feet out of the pocket, and then of course there is Tim Tebow QB/FB when he decides to run the ball. If you own him as your fantasy QB, get ready for a real roller-coaster ride, especially because John Fox does not appear to be willing to adapt his offense to fit Tebow's strengths.

As Paige says, Tebow is alternatively both Goofy and Superman. Most of all he has the unflappable ability to transform his teammates (and probably even his own coach) from a team that was hoping they can win to a team actually believing they can win. Tebow is not a pretty quarterback, but he is a winner. And as competitive and inspirational as he is on the field, he is even more inspirational off of it. Not so much because he is a Evangelical Christian, but because of the importance he places on much more important things than football - like putting a smile on the face of Garrett Atwood.

If you didn't see him play than you have no idea how hard it was watching him play?

It was terrible and horrible to say the least! I dropped him.

So how many years will it take.

Because these criticisms go back to college and now several starts over a year and a half in the NFL.

BTW...Im not basing it off of 4 games...

Here are Tebows stats in the 41/2 games he has started.

894 passing yards, 7.5 YPA, 8 TD's/3 INT's, 85.9 passer rating, 329 rushing yards, 7 rushing TD's.

His college career? Really? You mean his ridiculously successful college career.

Again, what are you basing your negativity on?

Here are Tebows stats in the 41/2 games he has started.

894 passing yards, 7.5 YPA, 8 TD's/3 INT's, 85.9 passer rating, 329 rushing yards, 7 rushing TD's.

His college career? Really? You mean his ridiculously successful college career.

Again, what are you basing your negativity on?

Dude has started four games for a terrible team and won half of them, all the while putting up #1 fantasy QB numbers. You can talk all you want, but calling him out as a starter or a fantasy starter right now is just dumb.

He excelled at one of the top college programs in the league. Now, he's playing with and against both the most talented guys in the world, and lots of guys who couldn't make that Florida team. When he runs past and through linebackers like Chris Gocong and safeties like Mike Adams (picking on a couple of my Browns), they're going to be just as slow and weak as they were in college. Sure, every team has great skill players... and bad ones, too. You think Nnamdi and Casey Mathews want to tackle Tebow when he runs from the ten against the Eagles? Nope.

If John Fox has half a brain he'll run the spread offense the rest of the year, or until Tebow gets injured. They cannot crowd the line every play, and Timmy is adept at finding a hole to burst through. He looked awful for 55 minutes running Fox's stupid "three yards and a cloud of dust" nonsense, then looked great when he ran something he's made to run.

I'm looking forward to watching Tim play in the NFL, just like I loved watching Randall, Vick, Steve Young, and the other running backs who took every snap. He'll never be the same passer those guys were - but guys like Vick and Young will never work as hard as Tebow. We'll see what happens.

If you didn't see him play than you have no idea how hard it was watching him play?

It was terrible and horrible to say the least! I dropped him.

Are you trolling here or are you serious?

Because if you're serious, that was a dumb focking move. Tebow is a terrible real quarterback but he's a fantastic fantasy QB.

In four starts, Tebow now has two fourth-quarter comebacks from at least 13 points down. In John Elway's career, guess how many he had. Two.

:banana:

Not insulting you, but I hate that stat. Setting an artificial bar in place to make Tebow look nice by comparison is cherry picking. Elway had 34 comeback wins. Not 2. Tebow is not Elway.

Are you trolling here or are you serious?

Because if you're serious, that was a dumb focking move. Tebow is a terrible real quarterback but he's a fantastic fantasy QB.

Let me start this way...I do not hate Tebow but I saw him play really bad against a Miami team

that is worse than him and he sucked for over 50 minutes.

Do you really think that Tebow is going to have a better week than

A.Dalton @ Seattle or Alex Smith vs Clev this week?

I have M.Ryan on a bye week and I feel that Dalton or Smith are the better starts.

I have to pick up 1 of those two.

Tebow looked like crap against the Dolphins, can you imagine what he will look like vs the Lions?

They are going to sack him and be in his face all day.

Here is what I see coming...Tebow 9-25 120 yards 0 Td's 2 or 3 picks. 6 times sacked. 7 rushes 40 yards 0 Td's.

There are negative points for int's in my league. The Dolphins missed on at least 2 picks that they should have had.

I am up against Romo this week and you think Tebow will come close to the stats of Romo? I don't.