Sign in to follow this  
Forbess

What FF site do you use

ESPN just isnt cutting it for me anymore. Among the issues I have are fantasy cast being spotty, not supporting two games a week, and recently had an issue with them rounding off a score. Any recommendations for my league's next home?

I was wondering what sites allow 2 game a week scoring as well. I'm pretty sure CBSsports lets you do it because I use them for fantasy basketball and do multiple matchups per week. Of course you do have to pay $150 for CBS while ESPN (which I am using at the moment) is free.

ESPN is by FAR the best, it's not even close.

cbs is so horrible. nfl isn't that great either. yahoo is trash too.

I'm in ESPN and not the biggest fan of it.. very limited in my experience.. the projections are ridiculous, guys who've never scored above 15 points slated to score 20-30pts every week.. and the features are limited but it's served us fairly well.. We switched at a time when yahoo charged for up to date stats.. Honestly, in our 10 years we've only done yahoo and espn.. i think i prefer yahoo's a bit more but what can i say our commish has the last stand.. The main consideration is whether you're willing to pay or not.. we have a strong league, but we aren't interested in paying to use.. in OUR league and what we use it for, yahoo has more features, better projections, etc..

Honestly, in our 10 years we've only done yahoo and espn.. i think i prefer yahoo's a bit more but what can i say our commish has the last stand..

We used to do scoring by hand years ago to suit our format (and the lack of FF running sites at the time), and I ran the site for the league. That was best for me since we had complete control over the league. Since moving onto automated sites, I've found Yahoo nicer and less bloated than ESPN, though I wouldn't call it significantly better or be particularly upset if my current (and only this year) Yahoo league voted to move it. I like the Yahoo FF app a good bit as well which is nice for obsessively checking and making adjustments.

I like CBS a lot. Their content, rankings, live scoring, layout, etc is fantastic. I also believe that you'd be hard pressed to find better writers than Nathan Zegura, Jamey Eisenberg, and Dave Richard. I've played ESPN, Yahoo, and others before. In my opinion, CBS is the best by far. Yeah, it costs to join, however, it's on par with other pay league sites and has the best draft kit, no question. You get what you pay for..and I seriously haven't found a better site.

I'm Commish of an ESPN league. It's ok I guess. It's a .5 PPR & during weeks 4-6 they didn't factor in the PPR. I didn't touch the settings, it just quit adding in PPR. I work a ton of hours & didn't catch the error until around 2pm of the 6th weeks first games. I then had to check weeks 1-5 to see what happened. The first 3 weeks were fine, then all of a sudden nothing for week 4 or 5.

I had to send the league an apology email, adjust scoring settings, adjust scores for weeks 4, 5, & 6. Luckily, it only changed 1 outcome of a game & the owners took it all in stride (even the lone loser).

I never got an explanation from ESPN as to why/how the settings got changed. I'm the only one with Commish title/duties & I never touched it.

It was an inconvenience, but overall we like it.

Real Time Fantasy Sports. It's an affordable pay site that functions seamlessly. When one of our owners was having problems setting his lineup, I called RTFS tech support.

A real human returned my call within 15 minutes and we worked together for nearly an hour to find a fix that would allow the owner's ancient Mac to access the site. He then called back a few days later to make sure everything was OK and offer an additional suggestion. This really wasn't a RTFS issue. The problem was with the owner's operating system.

I wonder how much help I would have received with sites like ESPN and CBS?

i'm in a league each this year on CBS, ESPN, Yahoo, MFL and fleaflicker

i'd rank ESPN last

I like CBS a lot. Their content, rankings, live scoring, layout, etc is fantastic. I also believe that you'd be hard pressed to find better writers than Nathan Zegura, Jamey Eisenberg, and Dave Richard. I've played ESPN, Yahoo, and others before. In my opinion, CBS is the best by far. Yeah, it costs to join, however, it's on par with other pay league sites and has the best draft kit, no question. You get what you pay for..and I seriously haven't found a better site.

You can read all their stuff without being in a CBS fantasy league.

As far as free league sites, I like Yahoo. If you use a pay site that you can customize to your liking and have unconventional rules and scoring. MFL is the one I use and highly recommend.

ESPN is OK for a free site but it is pathetic compared to CBS.

The only thing i like about ESPN is if you pick up a player and drop him a few minutes or hours later that player is eligible to be picked up by others immediatley.

I play in keeper league in ESPN and regular season is 17 weeks and redraft for playoffs. But because ESPN is not very customizable you have to keep score in playoffs with pen and paper like old days. I got talked into playing in this league this year and i can not understand why people will spend $100+ to play in the league and not spend $13 more and play on a site which allows you customize your rosters and matchups during NFL playoffs. Makes absolutely no focking sense to me.

Plus once you play 2 games a week in CBS you will never want to go back to playing single games :thumbsup:

Real Time Fantasy Sports. It's an affordable pay site that functions seamlessly. When one of our owners was having problems setting his lineup, I called RTFS tech support.

A real human returned my call within 15 minutes and we worked together for nearly an hour to find a fix that would allow the owner's ancient Mac to access the site. He then called back a few days later to make sure everything was OK and offer an additional suggestion. This really wasn't a RTFS issue. The problem was with the owner's operating system.

I wonder how much help I would have received with sites like ESPN and CBS?

Another vote for RT sports. :thumbsup: