Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Ok whose on your do not draft list for next year?

Got burned by Best last year so he was essentially crossed of my list for this most recent season.

McFadden started out looking like the best RB in the league but once again injuries have sat him down.

Who won't be on your squad next year?

Oh I avoided all top tight ends, Gates, Finley, ect and likely plan to do so next year as well.

Vick.

I'd draft McFadden next year. I had him last year and he was insane.

You can't draft Best until the 10th round. He's a RB with severe concussion issues. At RB, that's the death sentence to a career. They take hits all day head first.

Greene was on my 2011 DND list, I took him in the 3rd. Dumbass.

Greene is on the 2012 DND list for good.

Nicks, always dinged up, the apple of Eli's eye changes weekly.

Gates, done.

Agree with Finley, Green, and Best for sure. Nicks is borderline but I wouldn't even consider taking him at last year's draft position. McFadden should definitely be in play for everyone, just plan on snagging Bush early. Then again, Bush could very well leave in free agency. If he does, I am not drafting DMC. No doubt there.

I will most certainly not be drafting two Rams WRs again (the MSW/Amendola experiment did not go well). However, aside from the obvious...

Staying away from Larry Fitzgerald unless the draft day price tag drops or his QB situation becomes more clear.

Two years ago I also stopped drafting the Cedric Bensons of the world and it's worked splendidly. Knowing that it's a long season and taking risks on high upside guys is really the only way to do consistently well in fantasy football.

Chris Johnson

DMAC (always has been)

DJAX

VJAX

Vick (always has been)

Hillis (regardless of where he lands)

Dez Bryant

Best (he'll probably retire anyways)

Nicks

Gates

Ahmad Bradshaw

Felix Jones

Mile Austin

Finley

Ryan Matthews

Carolina RB's

Shanahan RB's

Nola RB's

GB RB's

There may be more... :cheers:

Nicks,Fitz,Vjax ...not worth the draft position if you ask me.

Also add Vernon Davis

VJax for sure, they dude is so overhyped.

Jermichael Finley, :thumbsdown: biggest waste of an early round pick.

You cant drop him and you have to start him every week.

This. With the caveat that he MAY be worth a pick if he leaves Green Bay. Rodgers just spreads it around too much.

At their ADP draft positions...

Greene - plodding oaf

Mendenhall - plodding oaf

Matthews - made of wet toilet paper

Vick - obvious

I will be drafting Dez Bryant next year because all of you will be undervaluing him. He is a freak talent and is the next Calvin Johnson if he can improve his route running.

I will also be targeting DeSean Jackson if he falls far enough.

i will be taking consistent WRs. WRs like v jax and d jax won't be on my team. I would rather have a consistent 15 to 16 points over a 40 point game evey once in a while. i am killing with gronk, a. brown, and lloyd with 1 stud, jennings. i like this strategy.

i will be taking consistent WRs. WRs like v jax and d jax won't be on my team. I would rather have a consistent 15 to 16 points over a 40 point game evey once in a while. i am killing with gronk, a. brown, and lloyd with 1 stud, jennings. i like this strategy.

I've had Jennings this year and last on all my teams. Money in the bank.

Here's my list:

Percy Harvin - glass

Boldin - getting noticeably slower

Mike Williams - not that talented

Patriots RBs - BJGE,Ridley,Vereen,Woodhead...who knows?

Moreno - obviously

Felix Jones - glass

Best - obviously

Shonn Greene - not that talented, a plodder

Frank Gore - he's 29 w/major injury history and a ton of miles

Turner - noticeably slower and getting old

Bradshaw - always something hurting on this guy

Mathews - tough as wet tissue paper

Any TE until the 8th round.

Flacco, Ryan, Bradford, McCoy - fool me once, fool me twice...

Forte, Roddy White reminded me this year why I try not to draft players the year after they have a career year.

Burleson, I say it but this dude is on my team at some point every freaking year.

Any RB on WAS, NE, and NO. Can't be trusted unless there's a serious thinning of the herd.

Hillis, Vjax , Finley , DeSean , will all be passed on by me.

i don't do DND for the most part--only guy i knew i didn't want for the price this season was djax, and that turned out to be a good call. what i did learn from this disastrous campaign is to start looking at DNDT--do not draft together. to give you an idea of what i mean, i drafted 2 'fragile' guys (best and mathews), along with fighting the madden curse...all at the same time.

now, the thing about fragile guys is that some injuries can't be predicted--things like bone breaks, ACLs, and such. those are acts of god. but muscle pulls, bone spurs, and tendon problems tend to crop up somewhat more predictably. now, because i'm an idiot, i took 2 guys who had lots of these little tweaks last season, and i ignored best's concussion issue in favor of upside. idiot me.

so what i'm taking away from this is that when i do draft a tweak problem, i need to focus on consistent depth in order to compensate for it. sounds self-evident, but sometimes i need to get hit with a hammer to learn anything. best and mathews don't belong on the same FF roster. mathews will be a mid-2nd rounder next season, and i'm not averse to drafting him there. but if so, i need to avoid a mcfadden or a best, even if i would be getting seemingly good value for them. it should be a rough draft algorithm--something like "if [mathews], then [best's] value falls [n] picks below ADP" or something like that.

It should be a rough draft algorithm--something like "if [mathews], then [best's] value falls [n] picks below ADP" or something like that.

That's Pulitzer material, right there..

If one of the main suspects falls far enough I Would take a gamble on one of these guys

Hillis, Vjax , Finley , DeSean , will all be passed on by me.

Desean was never WR-1, he's a low tier #2 or high #3 imo

I'll wait and see what happens in the offseason. DJax could get traded to new team and get a fresh start. Hillis could end up in an offense that could use him, etc, etc. Things change and so do people. I'd be more inclined to stay away from injury prone players. Having said that, if Run DMC is available in the 6th, I'd probably "take that gamble".

At this point, it would be a shorter conversation to ask who is on my DO draft list. :angry:

If you play as many years as I have....you plug your nose on every pick cause they all burnt you in one league or another over the years

If you play as many years as I have....you plug your nose on every pick cause they all burnt you in one league or another over the years

Except the rookies. :wub:

Although you usually end up burnt by week two or three.