Sign in to follow this  
montana

Who let you down?

All year or end of year?

My top 3:

Witten - I took him off the board 2nd in TEs. He did ok, but fell well short of TDs that I expected. Overall, I wouldn't take him that high again cuz I didn't see near my return on investment.

Nicks - Took him with my 3rd overall pick. Injury, drops, & Cruz made him a WR2 (at best) 99% of the year. I figured him & Megatron (& Witten) in a PPR would walk me into the Championship. Sad.

Best & Felix (tie) - I knew both had a concern with injuries. No surprise there. However, I didn't count on both going down at roughly the same time & both being out half (or more) of the fantasy season. Holding on to Best only to be put on IR restricted my FA moves as I didn't want to let him go. I played most of the year with one less roster spot than the rest of the league. When Felix went down & Murray went off pretty much made him worthless. 2 wasted picks!

My MVP - Stafford. Took him in the 8th round & he played top 5 all/most year. Great value!

Biggest Surprise - McGahee. I drafted him very late & he was great as a #2 or flex for most of the year.

I was lucky this year and didnt have too many let downs. The only league i really had a let down for the whole year came via my entire rb core. I went wr wr and then tried to get value at rb, i failed. Felix, greene, tolbert, hightower. I ended up trading for foster and CJNOK but lost in first round due to an uninspired performance by wallace, cruz, CJ, daniles, and dallas d.

At least i made the championship game for the second year in a row in my other leagues. Though being in my money league for 8 years and still not winning that one still sucks.

My entire team. At one point or another, every one of my starters was down.

Schaub

Andre Johnson

Manningham

Benson

Shonn Green

Blount

Gresham

For me it was the year of "almost IR". Guys like AJ, Bradshaw, and Hillis who missed significant time, but were never put on IR so I held onto them (well, I dropped Hillis in my redraft).

Biggest draft busts were Mike Williams TB and Santonio Holmes, both of whom I had in multiple leagues. :thumbsdown:

All season:

Best, McFadden (ESPECIALLY MCFADDEN!) for just taking up valuable bench space for 7+ weeks.

Stevie Johnson, Hakeem Nicks in the semis for dropping multiple td passes in the end zone.

All season:

Best, McFadden (ESPECIALLY MCFADDEN!) for just taking up valuable bench space for 7+ weeks.

Stevie Johnson, Hakeem Nicks in the semis for dropping multiple td passes in the end zone.

Eli and Cruz. Both were great every week except when it counted last week. One and done. At least I won the division and got money back.

I lost my semifinal game by 1.5 points.

All it took was:

- Rodgers 2nd worst game of the year, 8 pts below average.

- Rice 2nd worst game of the year, 7 below average

- Blount's 2nd worse game of the year, 8 below average

- Gates worst start of the year, 7 below average

- Hansen's 2nd worst game of the year, 4 below average

So 5/8 of my lineup had one of their 2 worst games of the year. Just needed 1.5 points. :dunno:

Two WRs make my do not draft list.

Nicks and Andre Johnson. Guys can't stay healthy at the WR position yet you've got to burn a pretty early pick on them. I can't do it again.

McFadden....I was hoping I'd get him the year he stayed healthy. I had a hunch this was the one....I was wrong. He was unstoppable in the beginning and I thought I'd scored the SOD in the 2nd round.

I can't say I was let down since I'm still in it, but I have guys who definitely underperformed this year.

Ray Rice - Was my #1 rated PPR RB and I got him at the 5th spot. Foster has been hotter later and McCoy has been the only one in the same class all season long

Larry Fitzgerald - Currently the 7th ranked WR in my league, he's been inconsistent and a bit less than what I thought he would be.

Frank Gore - Ranks as 16th RB in my league, making him a solid #2 RB where I drafted him.

Brandon Marshall - Ranks as 14th WR, also solid for where I drafted him.

Jahvid Best - Almost killed my team. I was unstoppable when he was in there as sub at the RB2 spot and a killer flex in PPR. Never really recovered at the RB spot from his loss.

Jason Witten - Was my top ranked PPR TE and I thought a steal in the 6th. Currenty #4 TE but nowhere near the level of Gronk and Graham.

Ben Roethlisberger - has been a marginal starter, but performed BELOW expectations.

Percy Harvin - This on really almost cost me. Gave up on Percy about 2 weeks before he exploded late season.

Brandon Jacobs - Ranks outside the top 30 and was dropped early on by me

New York Jets - Wasted pick of a defense this high. I had them ranked highly and decided to go BPA and take a top tier DST. Mistake.

Mike Thomas - this doesn't even warrant discussion.

Matthew Stafford - plucking the 5th ranked QB out of the 12th round is definitely a great way to build a team.

Jimmy Graham - The steal of my draft. Was #1 ranked TE for most of the season and moved Witten out of my starting spot into occasional Flex play.

James Starks - sleeper marred by injury issues.

Jacoby Ford - nothing to see here

Nate Kaeding - injured on the opening kickoff and cost me my 1st game of the season...jack@ss.

This year has taught me to trust my instincts and maybe be a bit more patient. I also need to be quicker on the WW in mid-season because watching other teams get difference makers like Cam Newton, Gronkowski, Demarco Murray, etc nearly cost me a shot at the big game.

Had a great year, but let down in week 1 of the playoffs.

Rodgers, Welker, Forte being hurt and Barber doing nothing after blowing it for his team the week before, Gould just 2 extra points, Gonzo - 1 catch for 14 yds I think, had Rivers at flex - 270 and a td meh. Only player that stepped up was the SF D. 40 pts below my average.

Hillis and Bradshaw as my #2 and #3 running backs in 2 out of my 3 leagues.

I played Tolbert several weeks in a row while leaving AJ Green on the bench. I think Jocstrap as a coach lost 2-3 games alone with my stubborness to play a running back over a wide receiver in the flex position.

Hate to complain since he has had a pretty good season, but I was expecting more from Rice against SD. He had 53 yards on 9 carries in the first half and I was expecting him to get 100+ rushing yards (we get a 10 point bonus). Instead, Baltimore gives up a TD at the end of the first half, a TD to start the second and then all of a sudden they are down 24-3 and Rice gets no second half carries. PAINFUL semi-final loss.

Chris Johnson - Maybe I was stubborn, but I started him for 9 straight weeks, when he blew up on my bench week 10. I traded him shortly after.

Mike "Not Big" Williams - What a let down.

Larry Fitzgerald - Decent but not what I was hoping for with my #2 player off the board.

Jamaal Charles - Mascot takes him out. Conspiracy! Never recovered from RB loss.

Rashard Mendenhall - C'mon dude. Really?

My draft:

1. (2) Ray Rice

2. (19) Hakeem Nicks

3. (22) Vincent Jackson

4. (39) Tony Romo

5. (42) Beanie Wells

6. (59) Kenny Britt

7. (62) Tim Hightower

8. (79) Mark Ingram

9. (82) Julio Jones

10. (99) James Starks

11. (102) Jared Cook

12. (119) Nate Burleson

13. (122) Kyle Orton

14. (139) Antonio Brown

15. (142) New Orleans

16. (159) Chris Cooley

17. (162) Alex Henery

My current Team:

QB Tony Romo

WR Vincent Jackson

WR Hakeem Nicks

RB Ray Rice

RB Beanie Wells

TE Jermaine Gresham

W/T Julio Jones

W/R/T Ryan Grant

K Novak

DEF/ST SF

BN

Nate Burleson

Mark Ingram

James Starks

Steve Breaston

Tim Tebow

James Jones

Doug Baldwin

Disappointed in Britt/Cooley injuries. Hightower I should've know to avoid. Ingram/Jones = pleasant rookie surprises (so long as you don't count on em each week). Grant/Starks never turned into the true RB1 I was hoping for. Burleson/Brown about what I expected. Romo/Rice (and SF Def) have anchored my team, with enough blowups from the bit players to get me to the championship. It's been one of the strangest ff years I can ever remember.

Biggest let down?

ADRIAN FUCKIN PETERSON

6 points in the playoffs. His twitter account says, what am i supposed to do? we were down by 21 points. Really? Why did your ###### backup blow up for 2tds then?