Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Kahlil Bell

Not sure why people are getting so exited when GB run def is so good. If they were playing STL I'd be juiced.

I'm heavily leaning toward Bell over McGahee, I just don't trust McGahee to not reinjure himself in the first half. Plus he never gets TDs with Tebow carrying them all in..

GB run d ain't that great bro

yep that's because teams fall behind and they abandon the run, so the rush stats appear like they are better than it really is

Would u start bell over Chris Johnson or Felix in a 1pt ppr league???? My other RB this week is mendy. Oh and I'm already down 26 from facing foster.

yep that's because teams fall behind and they abandon the run, so the rush stats appear like they are better than it really is

To expand on what you're saying...their yards per carry against is high because their rush D isn't great. However their rush yards against per game may be a little low because teams are forced to pass to catch up to them. In this case Bell benefits in either situation because he is superior to Barber as a receiver and will at least split carries if Chicago is somehow ahead. With Barber nursing a calf injury who knows if he will even play at all?

I'm in the garbage bowl so I can still win money.

I never liked Leagues with this in their Rules.

It's ludicrous to give people money for sucking or beating other players who suck.

You guys get to pick #1 and #2 next year, that's your prize.

Fricking $50 should be in my pocket for Winning.

:bandana:

GB run d ain't that great bro

Green Bay's 15th-ranked D (in FF points allowed opposing running backs) is roughly three points per week better than the 28th ranked D. So, thinking positive thoughts here, rather than blow up for 35 points against a team like the No. 28 Rams, we'll have to settle for just 32 against the No. 15 Pack.

Fricking $50 should be in my pocket for Winning.

C'mon Man! Don't the other three teams in your league deserve a little something to play for?

No, and I'm considering him over both Gore and Felix Jones considering that Jones has missed 2 days of practice and Gore faces a tough Seahawks Defense AND may rest for the playoff run. There's nothing crazy about that line of thinking at all.

wow! u can't get this kind of analysis anywhere else. :rolleyes:

To me risky play w mccown

It's not humanly possible for McCown to play worse than Hanie has. So since Bell has played well with him in there I think he should be a pretty good start with Barber out and what has to be "better" QB play.

Bears will be playing all out to beat the Pack. Don't think they have enough bullets left to win this game unless Peppers and Idonije can completely dominate the beat up GB O-line. But should be a close game for at least 3 Qtrs.

I see 70 rushing and 5 for 35 for Bell with a TD.

This is what worries me.

A RB with no competition in that offense could be great.... it would be awesome if Cutler was in there.

Well he split touches last week with garbage qb and against a superior run defense.....so what's the concern again?

I'm a Bears fan and I don't see Bell having a huge game. The offense has scored three TD's the last four games. What makes you think they will score a TD in a rivalry game on the road with the Packers coming off a loss?

I don't see a lot of yardage being made when the Bears are going 3 and out. Keep in mind that they have been awful on third down since Cutler was injured.

The play calling is the other wild card here. Who knows what kind of goofy gameplan Martz is going to come up with. He had Hanie doing 7 step drops and then getting killed. I see GB stacking the box and McCown throwing picks. The odds are too great against Bell having a great fantasy day. Roll the dice at flex but hopefully you have better options.

The odds are too great against Bell having a great fantasy day.

Of course, you may well be right. There is some significant risk here. However, there are several important factors to consider:

1. There is simply no way that McClown has a clue yet about a complicated Martz offensive scheme. The game plan will be simple, which favors a pass-catching RB

2. Bell has zero competition for carries....highly unusual in todays NFL

3. Lovie Smith has stated he is excited that Bell will be given ample opportunity to show what he has

4. The only game on Sunday. Prime time. National audience. Bell knows what this game means to his (financial) future. Motivation that could lead to a break-out game.

We all remember the Rashad Jennings letdown. It could happen again.....this is FF, afterall. However, after weighing the risk vs the reward, I say grab a helmet Bell....get in there and win me a Championship!

Kahlil Bell is going to get shut down by that packers, he will be lucky to get 30 yards of total offense, you chumps who play him are in for a long day....

And this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm playing against him,... nothing.

I am thinking of Bell over A Brown in a flex spot with .5 ppr. It will be a Sat decision.

I'm a Bears fan and I don't see Bell having a huge game. The offense has scored three TD's the last four games. What makes you think they will score a TD in a rivalry game on the road with the Packers coming off a loss?

I don't see a lot of yardage being made when the Bears are going 3 and out. Keep in mind that they have been awful on third down since Cutler was injured.

The play calling is the other wild card here. Who knows what kind of goofy gameplan Martz is going to come up with. He had Hanie doing 7 step drops and then getting killed. I see GB stacking the box and McCown throwing picks. The odds are too great against Bell having a great fantasy day. Roll the dice at flex but hopefully you have better options.

you make it seem like everyone has really good options out there better than Bell's situation. people like Lynch, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis, Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson.. etc... check out their matchups and see if you would rather start them over Bell

I'm starting Bell over F. Jones, Gore, Wells and Tolbert. Going 1 RB and 3 WR (C. Johnson, R. White and S. Moss). I like my chances of winning.

I can't believe I'm going to do this in a champonship game but I'm going to start Bell over CJ and Felix both of whom are hurt going into the games they play. I'm in a PPR so his receiveing ability bolsters his value and he scored last week on a receiving td so maybe the Bears do get blown out as they prob will he can still be a check down guy. I'm hoping for 80 total yds 6 catches and a td, I don't think Felix or CJ gets those numbers. It's a hail mary risk but between Felix or CJ I think right now Bell has the more upside.

Am starting him over Helu and Mendenhall.

If you start Bell over Mendenhall, who is playing my Hometown Rams, I give you the "courage" badge of the year. There aren't many people I would start over Mendenhall against St. Louis when the Steelers still have a LOT to play for and Big Ben isn't playing..... Even if Bell has a great game, will it be any better than what Mendy has against the hapless Rams???

If you start Bell over Mendenhall, who is playing my Hometown Rams, I give you the "courage" badge of the year. There aren't many people I would start over Mendenhall against St. Louis when the Steelers still have a LOT to play for and Big Ben isn't playing..... Even if Bell has a great game, will it be any better than what Mendy has against the hapless Rams???

I have Mendy back in the lineup. I didn't initially see Ben's injury as a plus. Took a day or two. Playoff jitters.

I can't believe I'm going to do this in a champonship game but I'm going to start Bell over CJ and Felix both of whom are hurt going into the games they play. I'm in a PPR so his receiveing ability bolsters his value and he scored last week on a receiving td so maybe the Bears do get blown out as they prob will he can still be a check down guy. I'm hoping for 80 total yds 6 catches and a td, I don't think Felix or CJ gets those numbers. It's a hail mary risk but between Felix or CJ I think right now Bell has the more upside.

Man, I'm doing the same thing.....In one league, I'm starting Bell over CJ and in another league, I'm starting him over Burner..

picked him up this morning

looks like I'm giving him the nod over Felix.

with the Spiller rb/wr flexibility, I could go with A. Brown instead

:unsure:

YES!!! My thoughts exactly. I'm playing Bell over Sproles cuz the ceiling is higher,

Crazy is right. I think he is a good play but let's get serious. I think 25 for 236 and 3 TDs is serious. :cheers: