Sign in to follow this  
edjr

3 new owners needed

After asking around and speaking to who wanted to be spoken to.

The league is in need of 3 new owners.

Yostevo, BLS and <_< are no longer with us.

I have revoked their access to the league and paid them what they have coming if anything.

We now need to decide who the 3 owners will be.

I agree with pooling the 3 rosters and allowing each team a 20 rd snake draft, the remaining players will go into free agent pool.

I assume Sux is taking one spot?

We need someone that hates Ron Paul and doesn't own a gun to take over the BLS spot. And someone that only posts from their phone, thus possibly doesn't know how to use emoticons for the <_< spot.

Kind of like when a team has to fire a coach that was a hard ass, they usually replace him with a player friendly coach.

delete ~yostevo from the forum too. fock that quitter!

I like the SUX nomination, if he's still interested.

Here's a couple other guys who might be interested?

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

IGotWorms

MDC

WhiteWonder

Bishop82

Voltaire

RiceManX

tikigod

jgcrawfish

Matt Mueller (sort of a noob, but pretty active on the mange bored)

There may be more...

Here's a couple other guys who might be interested?

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Wasn't he originally in this league, but then he decided to ~stick early on?

Wasn't he originally in this league, but then he decided to ~stick early on?

Really? You might be right.

I threw a few PM's out to people. Told them to post in here if they're interested. I'll start a thread with the pool of players from the three teams, so people can see what they're getting themselves into.

Really? You might be right.

I threw a few PM's out to people. Told them to post in here if they're interested. I'll start a thread with the pool of players from the three teams, so people can see what they're getting themselves into.

Got mobb_deep's PM, I'm thinking I'm interested. Would definitely like to see some more info on the teams, rules, etc. I saw threads for constitution and all that, will look thru some of the stuff so you guys don't have to spoon feed me too much. When are you looking for a decision by?

Got mobb_deep's PM, I'm thinking I'm interested. Would definitely like to see some more info on the teams, rules, etc. I saw threads for constitution and all that, will look thru some of the stuff so you guys don't have to spoon feed me too much. When are you looking for a decision by?

I posted all of the available players in another thread. Basically it will be a 3 team draft, from the pool of 90 available players. I believe each squad would draft 25 players and then the last 5 would be acquired via the rookie/FA draft.

Everything else is pretty standard. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/DST/K. 3 divisions, 30 man rosters (cut down to 25 before 5 round rookie draft in August), 6 points all TD, no PPR, etc. 50$ buy-in with payouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, weekly high score, division winner, etc.

We might be voting on some more changes and division realignment. All of that is still up in the air though. Once we figure out who the replacements are, we'll figure all that out.

I am interested and would like to claim a spot if possible.

So far I know of a 50 dollar buy in, that's cool.

Do you know when/how the draft might work?

We're still sorting all that out. It will be some sort of random dice roll for 1st pick. Whoever gets first pick in the supplemental draft will get the last of the available rookie picks (which I believe is the 12th pick, since one of the guys who left was the champ).

At this point, we're just gathering people who we think would be active participants. Once we get a handful of guys, we'll pick the replacements and go iron out the formalities.

I know you don't post on the geek bored much, but you must realize our commissioner is edjr. We also have a handicapped guy named GoColts. Because of this, we need to do things a little slower and more difficult than normal functioning people would.

According to your profile, 2900 of your 2981 posts are on the main board. Makes you hard to trust. Sometimes I like to fish on the main board and come here to brag about it <_<

$50 fee and a $25 ~yostevo fee, which is replacing the now defunct ~stick fee

What happens with the $25? I keep it as prayer offering.

You're supposed to get it if you leave after 3 years, but I think I'll add ~yostevo and bls to the pool next year. <_< wasn't here for 3 years, so I get to spend his on coke

Welcome to the league, Matt. I might joke around, but edjr runs a solid league.

Run away. :banana:

Welcome to the league, Matt. I might joke around, but edjr runs a solid league.

Run away. :banana:

Looks like we'll be drafting from 4 teams now. :banana:

i'm in. i haven't been on the geek bored much lately, but am correct in recalling that I may be joining a league where the commish has a thing for cats? I'm already aware he teblows, but I thought there were cats involved too?!

i'm in. i haven't been on the geek bored much lately, but am correct in recalling that I may be joining a league where the commish has a thing for cats? I'm already aware he teblows, but I thought there were cats involved too?!

If by "cats", you mean "getting things stuck into is anus", then yep that's this league. :thumbsup:

I'll second IGOTWORMS..... he's good sh!t and has my vote for a roster slot. I'd also point out that he's a pretty heavy runner on the geek board and I think that should count towards the slot fill.

Maybe a current owner league vote after we get all the nominee's who want a slot. That seems fair. Close nominations after the weekend or whatever so everyone who wants to can get their name in the hat?

I'm interested if there's still a spot available. :cheers:

You're on the wrong side of the evolution argument. :thumbsdown:

But you're on the wrong side of evolution. :thumbsdown:

I need to scratch my ass and throw poo, SORRY!

I'll second IGOTWORMS..... he's good sh!t and has my vote for a roster slot. I'd also point out that he's a pretty heavy runner on the geek board and I think that should count towards the slot fill.

Maybe a current owner league vote after we get all the nominee's who want a slot. That seems fair. Close nominations after the weekend or whatever so everyone who wants to can get their name in the hat?

Thanks mmmm....beer. :mancrush:

Maybe we can have them play a game of ookie cookie to see who gets in?

so who's in and who isn't? :dunno: seems like a lot of poo got thrown against the wall and a high percentage of it actually stuck. Are we gonna have to Amish Rake fight it out or something? <_<

so who's in and who isn't? :dunno: seems like a lot of poo got thrown against the wall and a high percentage of it actually stuck. Are we gonna have to Amish Rake fight it out or something? <_<

Who are the other 3 besides you?

Has sux been here to show interest?

State your case! Sell yourself! :banana: :banana:

Seems like the idea was to give the people interested time through the weekend to state said interest. Then vote next week.

So far the candidates seem to be Sux, Worms, Ferris Mueller, and Crawfish.

Who are the other 3 besides you?

Has sux been here to show interest?

How are people like Sux even supposed to know about this? I haven't seen any threads on the geek board. Have you reached out to people, or os Mobb the only one to do that?

Seems like the idea was to give the people interested time through the weekend to state said interest. Then vote next week.

and Bishop82 :thumbsup:

How are people like Sux even supposed to know about this? I haven't seen any threads on the geek board. Have you reached out to people, or os Mobb the only one to do that?

I know right?! how about you put a little effort in edjr! I just PM'd a few people who I knew were good dudes and thought might be interested.

I figured we would want to get the ball rolling, so these people can draft ASAP. I think it would be a bad idea if we just let these teams sit in purgatory during the off-season. Who knows what sort of injuries or free agent moves will affect the value of these players?

I know right?! how about you put a little effort in edjr! I just PM'd a few people who I knew were good dudes and thought might be interested.

I figured we would want to get the ball rolling, so these people can draft ASAP. I think it would be a bad idea if we just let these teams sit in purgatory during the off-season. Who knows what sort of injuries or free agent moves will affect the value of these players?

go fock yourself. i thought you already did it!

well, like everyone else who frequents this bored, I'm rich, hung like Mr. Ed (which is like the opposite of being hung like edjr), won every fantasy football league I've ever entered (and some that I haven't) and married to a supermodel. I mean sh!t, when most interesting man in the world needs beard trimming advice and Chuck Norris is too busy kicking ass in video games, he calls me. Do I need to submit my portfolio and asset allocations? If so, just send me a bank routing number and account number (or credit card will also suffice) and I'll work you a wire transfer.

For more proof, I could text you pictures of my dong, but you're gonna need to upgrade your phone to one with a bigger screen first. :banana:

I will post on Monday on the board and decide by Friday who is in.

Draft starts Tuesday the 17th (monday is MLK day)

If selected I vow to end the wars and bring our men and women of the armed forces back home where they belong.

If selected I vow that every Friday will be Free Ice Cream Friday

If selected I vow to change the Gadsden flag from a coiled up snake saying "Don't Tread on Me" to this :banana: saying "Don't Tread on Me."

Side note: I work the off shift with no internet access, so if this eliminates me from competing, then I understand and respect your decision.

:banana:

Don't Tread on Me

I'll go ahead and take myself out of the running. I'm not sure I will have a lot of free time next season so I wouldn't want to stand in the way of other qualified potential owners.

I'll go ahead and take myself out of the running. I'm not sure I will have a lot of free time next season so I wouldn't want to stand in the way of other qualified potential owners.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Very disappointing news. Was kinda hoping you might be one of the new owners.

I concur and thanks Mobb.

:thumbsup:

:music_guitarred:

Guys, although honored to be asked to even apply to such a storied and prestigious establishment as the Die Nasty league, after careful consideration, I think I should pass. I'm not sure I can, or should, devote the additional time to it and would be willing to step aside if there are other potential owners more interested in joining.

This league sucks so much that people not even in it yet are rushing to ~Yostevo it! :banana:

:lol: :lol:

They probably realized I was in this league and said "Fock that, I am not joing a league with that jackass in it".

Someone post a message on the geek board with a link and some details.

I'm the only one here today from IT at work.