Sign in to follow this  
mzf5c5

Peyton Manning Interview

Peyton? Where is he in 2012 Season?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton be:

• A Colt? Irsay keeps his man for a few more years.
    • Released and the biggest FA ever? Where does he land?
    • Retires a Colt this year and watches with his new kids.

2 More good years... although I dont like the fact he says he may not be fully healthy when the 28mil is due.. kinda makes my vote a little less likley

I think he is gone mainly because I do not think the Colts will have enough info on his neck to feel confident paying him $28 Million in March.

Unless he agrees to delay the bonus, then they would have to seriously consider trading him which would hurt him because his new team would have less draft picks to put weapons around him. It would be better for him to be cut than to be traded, so he may not delay the bonus.

I think he is gone mainly because I do not think the Colts will have enough info on his neck to feel confident paying him $28 Million in March.

Unless he agrees to delay the bonus, then they would have to seriously consider trading him which would hurt him because his new team would have less draft picks to put weapons around him. It would be better for him to be cut than to be traded, so he may not delay the bonus.

He is not tradeable because of that bonus. If they are going to part ways the Colts will need to release him before the bonus deadline.

He is not tradeable because of that bonus. If they are going to part ways the Colts will need to release him before the bonus deadline.

Many trades have been done where the player has restructured his contract. The only way this can't happen with Manning is if the bonus is due on the first day of the league year, when trades can start. Even then, the bonus can be pushed back if Manning agrees to it.

I think he retires.

The other option is for him to stick around for a year or two and mentor his replacement, but why would he do that? Why would he put himself at such risk with his health for not all that much in return?

And I don't see him going to another team. Not unless it was a dream scenario, where that team was pretty much primed for a Superbowl run as long as they had a QB. Actually there are a number of teams like that out there (Niners, Jets perhaps, maybe Ravens), but Peyton is basically going to have to agree to a whole new contract. So there is going to have to be some pretty heavy incentive for him to leave.

He should retire. I know he probably doesn't want to go out like that, but he should.

Also, this is clearly collusion:

“As far as helping him with the Patriots, really, he doesn't need to talk to me. He played them seven weeks ago. We'll talk about things they do when you face them a second time in the same year, but he knows them better than I do right now.

"It was fun Sunday, we talked about third and long situations, the defense San Francisco likes to play. They’ve got (former Colts defensive coordinator) Vic Fangio, and we were saying, 'In this situation, they run this particular coverage, three rushing and eight in coverage, and there are only certain places you can throw it.' I didn't tell him to throw that post route on the touchdown, but that was the kind of defense he was seeing. So it's kind of fun to talk about that stuff.’"

Why doesn't the NFL make a rule against this???? :mad:

Yes, that is tongue in cheek, from a Patriots fan

I think Peyton wants to play football next year and is going to get his shot. I don't think it will be with the Colts however. As bad a Peyton wants to finish off his career as a Colt, it's not going to happen IMO. How can a team afford to keep his contract, and additionally, add another huge contract for the #1 overall pick which is most likely going to be LUCK? What percentage of the salary cap is going to the QB position at this point? It's plain obvious by this years record, there are holes all over the place. It's time to rebuild, bye bye Peyton :wave: It's not personal, it's a business decision :dunno:

I think Peyton wants to play football next year and is going to get his shot. I don't think it will be with the Colts however. As bad a Peyton wants to finish off his career as a Colt, it's not going to happen IMO. How can a team afford to keep his contract, and additionally, add another huge contract for the #1 overall pick which is most likely going to be LUCK? What percentage of the salary cap is going to the QB position at this point? It's plain obvious by this years record, there are holes all over the place. It's time to rebuild, bye bye Peyton :wave: It's not personal, it's a business decision :dunno:

Which is why I've been saying trade Manning, trade the pick and sign Flynn. They'd get healthy real quick.

As a Jet's fan I'm undecided on how I feel about making a move for him if given the chance but I dont' think Petyon wants to create a new york manning brothers media circus.

Many trades have been done where the player has restructured his contract. The only way this can't happen with Manning is if the bonus is due on the first day of the league year, when trades can start. Even then, the bonus can be pushed back if Manning agrees to it.

Why would manning ever agree to it. It would weaken the team he is going to. There is no incentive for Manning to do it.

In Negotiation 101, you learn that eagerness to deal weakens your bargaining position. I think the Colts will act like they want Luck no matter what they plan to do. A team with their dismal 2011 record needs upgrades at multiple positions, so I believe they'll trade down for extra picks. I believe they hope to keep Manning.

If there's uncertainty about Manning's health and he refuses to defer his bonus, the Colts will likely drop him, but I think they'll still deal the rights to Luck. They know from watching Couch, Leinart, and many other "can't miss" prospects that any rookie QB can miss.

John McClain (A Texans beat writer and AFC South blogger) said on the radio today that they cannot restructure the deal because it was restructured in August, and there is a rule in the CBA that prohibits more than one restructuring in a calendar year.

I don't know if that's true, but... :dunno:

John McClain (A Texans beat writer and AFC South blogger) said on the radio today that they cannot restructure the deal because it was restructured in August, and there is a rule in the CBA that prohibits more than one restructuring in a calendar year.

I don't know if that's true, but... :dunno:

According to Adam Schefter Peyton will not ask for his bonus to be pushed back. Here is the story.

My link

Also here is another website that explores place he could play at if he becomes a free agent.

My link

It is also going to be tough for other teams to sign him if he is not guaranteed to be healthy in 2012 which he himself has said he doesn't know if he will be able to play in 2012 due to his health. If the Colts don't pay him I see him retiring that day or the next.

In Negotiation 101, you learn that eagerness to deal weakens your bargaining position. I think the Colts will act like they want Luck no matter what they plan to do. A team with their dismal 2011 record needs upgrades at multiple positions, so I believe they'll trade down for extra picks. I believe they hope to keep Manning.

If there's uncertainty about Manning's health and he refuses to defer his bonus, the Colts will likely drop him, but I think they'll still deal the rights to Luck. They know from watching Couch, Leinart, and many other "can't miss" prospects that any rookie QB can miss.

not even in the same league as Luck, many draft Guru's have luck as the highest QB they have ever ranked.

Uh oh, Irsay said today that Manning should not have gone public with his comments. Sounds like there is definitely some dischord in Indy. What are the chances that this gets ugly?

I think he should retire.

I think he wants to come back and will try to. I expect both sides are just going to say just enough so Manning can part ways with Indy, play a couple seasons elsewhere and then retire as a Colt and save face.

Manning is extremely competitive, I really dont see him restructuring his contract to allow the Colts to trade him so he can go to a team with less of a chance to compete. He just wont let that happen.

it will be an interesting 2012 draft day. I just sitting here thinking about what Hershel and Ricky went for.

Neither of those guys had a possibly career-ending neck injury at the time.

He's playing in san fran or miami. I think. :dunno:

I don't think Harbaugh and Peyton can co-exist.

Uh oh, Irsay said today that Manning should not have gone public with his comments. Sounds like there is definitely some dischord in Indy. What are the chances that this gets ugly?

Maybe not 'ugly', but I can see this ending with some hurt feelings. That being said, Irsay is the last person that should be criticizing someone for running their mouth. That dude is a freaking train wreck with all the dumb sh*t he says online.

Maybe not 'ugly', but I can see this ending with some hurt feelings. That being said, Irsay is the last person that should be criticizing someone for running their mouth. That dude is a freaking train wreck with all the dumb sh*t he says online.

I had to unfollow him as I was quickly loosing respect for the franchise! fockin moron :banana:

He is a lot of fun on twitter and gives back to the fans and community like crazy! I highly doubt it gets ugly, Peyton isn't that way and Irsay wouldn't want it. Honestly, the media is blowing this up more than what it is, because that is what they love doing. They need a story, they got a little bite and are going to turn it into something it isn't.

As a fan, it's such a shame but eventually you know it will happen. Montana & Farve also went through it..

I guess Jimmy Boy didn't learn anything from his dad. I heard that Bob Irsay's biggest regret in life was letting Johnny Unitas go in 1973.

He is a lot of fun on twitter and gives back to the fans and community like crazy! I highly doubt it gets ugly, Peyton isn't that way and Irsay wouldn't want it. Honestly, the media is blowing this up more than what it is, because that is what they love doing. They need a story, they got a little bite and are going to turn it into something it isn't.

You're probably (definitely) on to something here. ESPN.com is running a poll today asking "who's side are you on?", Manning's or Irsay's. :rolleyes:

You're probably (definitely) on to something here. ESPN.com is running a poll today asking "who's side are you on?", Manning's or Irsay's. :rolleyes:

I am not saying both made comments, but let's be honest. It would be like me making a comment about my brother. There is no doubt their relationship is very close. Everyone says stuff, I personally don't believe Manning had any intentions of putting down the Colts, but once you make a comment, the media will tear it a part and tell everyone all the different meanings it has.

Manning could say, I hate cereal in the morning, I like a warm breakfest. The media would twist this into 20 different stories and secret meanings.