Sign in to follow this  
devouredbychaos

Sheli still isn't elite

Blackburn is a linebacker. But yeah, put some pressure on Brady and knock his WRs around a bit, and he becomes ordinary. Same can be said for a lot of QBs I guess, but we're supposed to expect more composure from Brady.

My bad, got carried away about him because he was lined up as a D-Lineman on the play. Either way, Brady should have been able to make that throw, and countless other throws. Too bad he didn't have the real Mr. Clutch in Vinateri to save his @ss like in the past. And I realize he needed a TD in this one to win, but that's exactly my point, in 2 of the others it was Vinateri who won the games for him, not a game winning TD drive. A lot easier to get somebody in FG range and have him kick the game winner than actually having to score a game winning TD yourself.

Who has won more superbowl and superbowl MVP the past 4 seasons? BOOYAH you idiot!

If Eli isn't elite, then Brady is simply Sheli's dog. On a Sunny day, i'm sure Sheli would like to take both his dogs (Brady & Gisele) for a walk in victory lane.

3 > 2

Doesn't matter how ya put it or when it happened, three is still better than two :)

My bad, got carried away about him because he was lined up as a D-Lineman on the play. Either way, Brady should have been able to make that throw, and countless other throws. Too bad he didn't have the real Mr. Clutch in Vinateri to save his @ss like in the past. And I realize he needed a TD in this one to win, but that's exactly my point, in 2 of the others it was Vinateri who won the games for him, not a game winning TD drive. A lot easier to get somebody in FG range and have him kick the game winner than actually having to score a game winning TD yourself.

If Brady didn't make that boneheaded move to cause the safety, they would have only needed a FG too.

3 > 2

Doesn't matter how ya put it or when it happened, three is still better than two :)

3* < 2

Cheaters get no credit.

3* < 2

Cheaters get no credit.

Where's the * from? Unless YOU or the NFL or anyone else finds some sort of proof that the so called cheating affected the outcomes of those SBs, they are honest wins.

3 > 2 :)

If he follows up next season with another good season, I'll call him elite, because the one thing he lacks is consistency. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year...etc...

Guess we'll see how he does.

Where's the * from? Unless YOU or the NFL or anyone else finds some sort of proof that the so called cheating affected the outcomes of those SBs, they are honest wins.

First, it wasn't "so called cheating," it was "cheating."

Second, to say that there is no proof for a particular game, is like saying that a baseball player failed a roid test in August but he was probably clean through July. Technically it is possibly, but most reasonable people wouldn't believe it.

HTH

Um, the premise of cheating is to gain an advantage, which in turn affects the outcome. The NFL swept this under the rug to protect it's own image, but cheating is cheating.

Steven A Smith said it best last night.

Anyone that don't think Eli is an elite QB in this league don't know ANYTHING about football. They need to STOP watching the game and pretend they know what they are talking about.

:lol:

I'm sure he think Obama's an elite President as well

Obama will get re-elected.

Far better than George W who got us into this mess.

Anyone that don't think Eli is an elite QB in this league don't know ANYTHING about football. They need to STOP watching the game and pretend they know what they are talking about.

:huh: :blink: :dunno:

Screamin A Smiff don't be making no sense.

First, it wasn't "so called cheating," it was "cheating."

Second, to say that there is no proof for a particular game, is like saying that a baseball player failed a roid test in August but he was probably clean through July. Technically it is possibly, but most reasonable people wouldn't believe it.

HTH

Especially when, after he's busted, that player starts striking out in every clutch situation, like the Pats.

I think he is clutch...but when someone brought up inconsistent...they are right.

Career 82.1 rating is not great. 58% career passer. (looking at season only numbers for this year, his career averages would put him in the bottom half of NFL QBs)

A lot of turnovers.

He has had 2 incredible post season runs and been key in his teams titles which puts him up there.

But quoting Steven A as if he knows what he is talking about most of the time? Hah!!!

Obama will get re-elected.

Far better than George W who got us into this mess.

W got re-elected too.

So what?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what happens when Sheli throws 25 INTs next season? That's elite??

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what happens when Sheli throws 25 INTs next season? That's elite??

Why Johnny, I forgot you were there. You may go now.

I BELIEVE in Eli.

He's at the level where, all he has to do, is eliminate mistakes, to be REALLY, REALLY good.

brady is a hof qb

So is eli with this win no matter how you dice it. he made two great plays in two SBs when it mattered the most. If thats not the mark of a great QB i dont know what is. Sure he is a late bloomer but SB rings are not handed out to just anyone either.

brady is a hof qb

So is eli with this win no matter how you dice it. he made two great plays in two SBs when it mattered the most. If thats not the mark of a great QB i dont know what is. Sure he is a late bloomer but SB rings are not handed out to just anyone either.

Brady tried to make the same play (the Tyree catch) and he ended up throwing a pick.

Just saying..

Sheli a HOF qb???

LOL!!!

what the Fock are you homers smoking?? He threw 25 INTERCEPTIONS last year..and already has 115 over his career. Just imagine what he'll have after another 8 seasons. Plus his 82.1 rating....yeah total HOF worthy there!! Throw for 5000, win another SB, and go a few seasons without so many INTs and then he can finally be considered.

Sheli a HOF qb???

LOL!!!

what the Fock are you homers smoking?? He threw 25 INTERCEPTIONS last year..and already has 115 over his career. Just imagine what he'll have after another 8 seasons. Plus his 82.1 rating....yeah total HOF worthy there!! Throw for 5000, win another SB, and go a few seasons without so many INTs and then he can finally be considered.

John Elway had a career rating of 79.9, threw 300 TDs to 226 INTs, lost more Super Bowls (3) than he won (2), and yet he's in the Hall of Fame, and no one denies (well I suppose no one) he was worthy. If Elway isn't enough to show you that HoF-worthiness is more nuanced that you'd like to admit, look up Jim Kelly. There appear to be several QBs in the HoF who don't have Brady's stats or success. If Eli plays another 5 years at the level he played this year, he'll be in. I know it'll make you angry, but that's just the way it is.

Eli a HOF qb???

LOL!!!

what the Fock is Cstriker smoking??...

As much as it pains me to agree with this doosh, Eli is not a HOF QB...YET. He is on the ascent towards that goal (unlike Gisele's Husband who is descending) and now that he has the post-season credentials he just needs to attain some solid regular season consistency.

However, another ring or two and IMO he will belong there regardless of what his regular season stats look like.

Sheli a HOF qb???

LOL!!!

Don't you realize man,....before he ever entered the NFL he had a free ride. Everything bad he's done has been overlooked and anything positive he does makes him a Legend.

The NFL needs this kind of chit to promote itself & the good Old USA :overhead:

As much as it pains me to agree with this doosh, Eli is not a HOF QB...YET. He is on the ascent towards that goal (unlike Gisele's Husband who is descending) and now that he has the post-season credentials he just needs to attain some solid regular season consistency.

However, another ring or two and IMO he will belong there regardless of what his regular season stats look like.

Wow,....good common sense coming from Mullog :thumbsup:

Another ring or two?

Its the fuckin nfl. not side street football.

Um, the premise of cheating is to gain an advantage, which in turn affects the outcome. The NFL swept this under the rug to protect it's own image, but cheating is cheating.

And speaking of asterisks and sweeping things under the rug.....

Back on topic, as long as Eli keeps piling on the yardage and TDs for another 5-6 years he'll be in the HOF.

OP is a serious hater. Guys like you are what make everyone say Pats fans are douches.

Back on topic, as long as Eli keeps piling on the yardage and TDs for another 5-6 years he'll be in the HOF.

I agree 100%. If his career ended today he's not even close but if he keeps it up for another 5 seasons he's HOF no doubt.

And it'll take some sort of career-ending injury to make that happen. He's got 3 good, young wideouts who, unless they go to FA, will likely grow old with him. He's a lock for HoF, much to the chagrin of people who hate anyone with the last name of Manning.

This I can actually agree on.

So he is not elite...but 5 more years like this (not saying SB winning even) and he is a HOFer?

Another ring or two?

Its the fOckin nfl. not side street football.

LOL...just sayin' that if he cannot be more consistent in the regular season he will need another ring (or yes, two) to be an HOFer in my opinion. If he keeps racking up regular seasons like this past one - no doubt he gets in.

Don't take offense - I'm a lifelong Giants fan and Eli fan since they drafted him. I want nothing less than #10 to be in the HOF and watch his number retired at Giants Stadium (it will never be MetLife stadium to me).

So he is not elite...but 5 more years like this (not saying SB winning even) and he is a HOFer?

5 more years of big yardage and around 30 TD's along with two rings, two SuperBowl MVPS and his last name will be enough to get him in.

5 more years of big yardage and around 30 TD's along with two rings, two SuperBowl MVPS and his last name will be enough to get him in.

Sure...I think my laughing was at calling him sheli...saying he is not elite. Then saying 5 more years he goes from not being an elite QB in the league right now...to an all time elite QB in the HOF.

If you don't consider him elite for the game today...then saying 5 years is all it will take to make him not just elite in today's game, but as an all-time guy is ridiculous.

Sure...I think my laughing was at calling him sheli...saying he is not elite. Then saying 5 more years he goes from not being an elite QB in the league right now...to an all time elite QB in the HOF.

If you don't consider him elite for the game today...then saying 5 years is all it will take to make him not just elite in today's game, but as an all-time guy is ridiculous.

there's a difference between elite and HOF worthy. He proved this year he's really is an elite NFL QB (which is different than being an elite FF QB...he's a 6-10 guy there). I think the point is that if he continues his current level of play (semi-elite to elite) for another 5 years, then he's likely going to be HOF worthy when he hangs 'em up.

there's a difference between elite and HOF worthy. He proved this year he's really is an elite NFL QB (which is different than being an elite FF QB...he's a 6-10 guy there). I think the point is that if he continues his current level of play (semi-elite to elite) for another 5 years, then he's likely going to be HOF worthy when he hangs 'em up.

eggs actly!