Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

Is he definitely the 5th starter? I have been seeing Lannan as the 5th more... I was looking at him for my last pick...

No, not definitely. But that's the only place he has value, and coaches are high on his recovery.

I am done with the jays.

If CH wants to be done just fill up with exclusive picks.

12 Rex Brothers, RP, COL

13 Juan Nicasio, SP, COL

14 Matt Belisle, RP, COL

15 Rafael Betancourt, RP, COL

16 Jordan Pacheco, C, COL

17 Seth Smith, OF, OAK

18 Todd helton, 1B, COL

19 Ramon Hernandez, C, COL

:pointstosky:

Hey i posted my last pick.

Sorry, I overlooked it...

Thanks for the heads-up...

Supplemental time!!!

When's the supplemental supposed to get under way? Does 29Guests know he is on the clock?

Does 29Guests know he is on the clock?

Probably not... I will email him and tell him that he can start the supplemental when ready...

I can't find the shocked face from my phone

:shocking:

I would of traded a closer and the #9 pick for that #1 pick. Then you could of had a closer AND probably still got Carlos Santana.

By the way, I would still trade a closer and the #9 pick for a OTC pick if anyone is interested. :wave:

Holy crap, my team just got really good. If Montero gets catcher eligibility, Derek Jeter might be my worst starter. :banana: :shocking:

Damn, lot of good arms left too. Should be some quality SP left at the end of the 2nd.

CC, Kennedy, Pineda, Player X, Nova? Likey.

Damn, lot of good arms left too. Should be some quality SP left at the end of the 2nd.

CC, Kennedy, Pineda, Player X, Nova? Likey.

Def a top 5 sp remaining. Is expect them all to be gone by the end of rd 1.

But some decent seconday arms

Def a top 5 sp remaining. Is expect them all to be gone by the end of rd 1.

But some decent seconday arms

Yeah, wasn't thinking about ace-quality arms, but I think there will be some good 2s and 3s left. Plus this game makes it hard to get a solid closer sometimes; relievers can be at a premium.

Holy crap, my team just got really good. If Montero gets catcher eligibility, Derek Jeter might be my worst starter. :banana: :shocking:

You need to go buy some lottery tickets tonight. RUN DO NOT WALK!!

Assuming the next two picks go as expected, I will be open to offers for moving up to my #7 pick.

What would make you think the next two picks will go as expected? :dunno: But I may be interested in making a small move from #9 up to #7 depending who is available.

What would make you think the next two picks will go as expected? :dunno: But I may be interested in making a small move from #9 up to #7 depending who is available.

Pessimism!

So not figuring Upton would fall to me.

It was between him, Longoria and someone else not yet drafted for me. I needed a 3B and and OF, but there was only three 3B that I would have wanted and there are quite a few more OF...so I figured it better to go with a 3B and take whatever is left when it gets back to me.

It was between him, Longoria and someone else not yet drafted for me. I needed a 3B and and OF, but there was only three 3B that I would have wanted and there are quite a few more OF...so I figured it better to go with a 3B and take whatever is left when it gets back to me.

Stoked that Votto fell to me. :music_guitarred:

Had high hopes that Upton and Votto would continue slipping, but I'm more than happy to grab the last Tier 1 SP. :cheers:

Crazy gifts given out

Stoked that Votto fell to me. :music_guitarred:

I ALMOST took Votto. The whole suspension thing is unsettling even now that it's overturned, and Votto actually has a better OPS and is younger and could well blow up even more as a hitter. His road value is almost as high as when he plays in that matchbox in Cincy, and that's a really good sign. But since we don't use the ratio stats, and Braun has those SBs as icing on his cake, I went with the expected.

I'm willing to trade up my 2nd round pick! :thumbsup:

:D

I ALMOST took Votto. The whole suspension thing is unsettling even now that it's overturned, and Votto actually has a better OPS and is younger and could well blow up even more as a hitter. His road value is almost as high as when he plays in that matchbox in Cincy, and that's a really good sign. But since we don't use the ratio stats, and Braun has those SBs as icing on his cake, I went with the expected.

I'm willing to trade up my 2nd round pick! :thumbsup:

I think you made the right choice. I think Braun is better all-around than Votto, but I don't think you could go wrong with either. I thought Braun and Votto would go 1st and 2nd respectively. Obviously didn't quite happen that way. But Votto, Upton, and Longoria are close enough that I understand why the order got switched up based on need and preference. Felix was kind of the wild card who I thought could get taken real early if someone really needed pitching, but he ended up going about where I thought he would. Carlos Santana was a huge reach in my opinion even if he was a big need, but what do I know. He could end up the #1 catcher by a wide margin if it continues to all come together for him. Obviously he's young with huge upside at a very scarce position.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting to see who falls to me. 9th pick isn't a very good spot in my opinion. I'd be willing to possibly trade down with someone depending who is available.

Not that there was ever a chance of him falling to me, but the one thing that would have worried me about Braun was that it was likely he was using steroids last season, and now may be forced to go clean. At least for awhile.

Not that there was ever a chance of him falling to me, but the one thing that would have worried me about Braun was that it was likely he was using steroids last season, and now may be forced to go clean. At least for awhile.

Maybe I'm naive but Ryan Braun has been REALLY good ever since he started playing baseball. He was an All-American at Miami and drafted 5th overall in the 2005 draft. He was very good in the minor leagues for 2+ years. Then in 2007 he was the Rookie of the Year and has been an all-star ever since with an MVP award last season. There was never a huge spike in his numbers. He never suddenly just looked bigger. Do you think he was using steroids all that time and was just never caught? Do steroids even make someone a better baseball player? For some reason I give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he is an elite player whether he took steroids knowingly, unknowingly, or not at all. I could be very wrong though... :dunno:

Well, there was a reason I was trying to trade up. Wanted Longoria, and he becomes even more valuable now that Wright has a muscle tear (will he play through it, will he end up getting surgery like Zimmerman, stay tuned!).

On that note, I am still open to offers for people wanting to trade up to #9, or negotiate a swap of first and second round draft positions.

Good pick Stew

I was busy all day helping someone move but wanted to comment a little on the Supplemental thus far.

I think there was a clear cut top 2 in Braun and Votto followed closely by Upton and Longoria. Once those four were selected I was done even thinking of trading up. There is plenty of talent left but nothing that stands out like those 4 and nothing worth giving up much in a trade for imo.

Obviously the Santana pick was a bit out of left field but in this format I suppose its more understandable. Santana was one of my targets at 16 and though I never expected to get him, I did not think he would come off the board until after those four batting studs were gone. I thought his time would be right around now where there is a mess of decent hitters but he has added attractiveness of being a catcher with 1b eligibility.

Felix is the one pitcher i could have possibly put on par with those 4 hitters i mentioned but he will be limited in wins, even so he is just that talented that he should probably be in the convo with them.

From here on out I see a bunch of solid pitching and hitting options that should last deep into round 2 if not all the way through, as i expected.

I had a tough time leaving Votto still out there but knowing how badly I needed OF, I really couldn't see trading down and getting anything better for that spot than Upton at that point. I have plenty of options at 1B. Now at least later I may have options to just provide depth for my team with the late 30th pick. I have no glaring holes now at least.

Still have an extra starting C in exchange for a decent role player for those wagering the sup list.

Sorry that took so long....my 15 yr old needed the computer for school and then i fell asleep on the couch.

You have a 15 year old? Damn, you're old!

So am I, though.  I have a 20 year old!