Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

You have a 15 year old? Damn, you're old!

So am I, though.  I have a 20 year old!

i AM a 20 year old!

nah im 26

I won't be a "20" year old for much longer. :wall: I'm 29.

My pick was Andrew McCutchen. As WW said, I thought there was a clear top 4 hitters in this supplemental (Braun, Votto, Upton, and Longoria). But of all the players after that, I think Andrew McCutchen has the best chance to join that elite group. He is only 25 years old and his power is still developing. He will be a 30/30 guy or maybe even a 40/40 guy in the future. I'm hoping he takes that next step this year. If he doesn't, he still is a 20/20 guy who gives me 80+ runs and 80+ rbi's. He was fairly unlucky last year with BABIP and I think he is likely more of a .280-.290 hitter than the .259 he hit last season. He also walks a lot which means he should be on base quite a bit for more steal opportunities.

I don't really want to discuss someone that hasn't been picked yet, but I would of been perfectly fine with waiting for someone else at #9 if not for the recent injury concern. I still think he is a high reward player this year, but the risk obviously went up of him missing some time. So I chose to make a small move up to #7 to grab McCutchen. The cost was a slight downgrade from Madson to Valverde in my opinion.

Got a 15 year old myself. Boy though.

I predict very few Rays will be left on the board after these 2 rounds.

Went with Zobrist here because of multiple positions. I can use him in OF and if Allen Craig gets some regular playing time I can move him to 2nd..

My Gawd i agonized over deciding between Price and Shields. I didnt expect Price to fall to me, and had targetted Shields all along, but then Price was there i just couldnt make up my mind I was really enamored with those 11 CG from Shields, but then i saw he hadnt had one CG in either of the two previous seasons, and only 4 in his whole career. Everything else being more or less equal, i ended up talking myself into Price, the guy with the higher ceiling IMO. I hope i dont end up regretting it.

Got a 15 year old myself. Boy though.

I predict very few Rays will be left on the board after these 2 rounds.

My 15 year old boy has got the world by the balls, and doesnt need anyone to tell him anything about anything. Got it all figured out. What about yours?

Coin toss there with Shields. Ideally would have moved further down round 1, maybe swapping draft positions and taking two picks near the turn.

Coin toss there with Shields. Ideally would have moved further down round 1, maybe swapping draft positions and taking two picks near the turn.

I thought about trying to do the same the same, but my SP is pretty weak and i decided not to screw around and make sure i got the guy i wanted. Or his teammate that unexpectedly fell to me.

Went with Zobrist here because of multiple positions. I can use him in OF and if Allen Craig gets some regular playing time I can move him to 2nd..

Good pick

Nice pick. He's one of the more underappreciated fantasy players in my opinion. He doesn't really "Wow" you in any one category but he contributes across the board. The end of the season rolls around and Zobrist is around 20/20 with 85+ runs and 85+ rbi's. The multi position eligibility is nice as well.

My 15 year old boy has got the world by the balls, and doesnt need anyone to tell him anything about anything. Got it all figured out. What about yours?

mine is on the autism scale so that presents a whole different set of challenges. He certainly has developed recent his own stubborn values and when you can't convince him of a little reality outside his made up one...all hell breaks loose.

Nice pick. He's one of the more underappreciated fantasy players in my opinion. He doesn't really "Wow" you in any one category but he contributes across the board. The end of the season rolls around and Zobrist is around 20/20 with 85+ runs and 85+ rbi's. The multi position eligibility is nice as well.

I agree.

From here on out through the end of round two there are really no huge dropoffs. U were better off taking ur guy here.

mine is on the autism scale so that presents a whole different set of challenges. He certainly has developed recent his own stubborn values and when you can't convince him of a little reality outside his made up one...all hell breaks loose.

My wifes cousin is autustic.....not exactly sure where he falls on the scale, but he is in his 40's and lives in an assisted living home. He holds down a part time job though. Super nice though, not a malicious bone in his body.

I was hoping and expecting to get Zobrist, <_<

Give me a few to figure this out.

Spacing out Beltre continues to haunt me :wall: , II need a 3B badly cause Uribe, well is Uribe, kinda wanted the other guy but I promised myself I'd never pick that sonofabitch ever again. Hoping Ramirez continues his good hitting from last year, definitely better options out there, just not at 3B.

If it makes y'all feel a little better, my grand kid will be 15 next year :I'm old:

You have a 15 year old? Damn, you're old!

So am I, though.  I have a 20 year old!

My oldest turned 15 Tuesday. :shocking: :shocking:

I was hoping and expecting to get Zobrist, <_<

Give me a few to figure this out.

:wave:

Nice pick posty... suprised Jay Bruce lasted that long. I would of likely took him at #9 if McCutchen was taken and I didn't trade up to get him.

Nice pick posty... suprised Jay Bruce lasted that long. I would of likely took him at #9 if McCutchen was taken and I didn't trade up to get him.

I was really debating between Bruce and Zobrist. Was surprised they both were still there.

Thanks... I was surprised that he kept dropping...

Lol what did I do. I don't need starting pitching but couldn't leave a 17 win 200k pitcher on the board. He was my number 2 pitcher left after Felix.

Took Upton over 1 other player because if his 40 steal potential. He will hurt in average but is solid in all other categories and I believe is playing for a contract.

I was actually shocked how may of my targets were on the board but that just shows how deep the player pool is after the top 4

Took Upton over 1 other player because if his 40 steal potential. He will hurt in average but is solid in all other categories and I believe is playing for a contract.

Considering average isn't a stat used in the league, you should be okay...

Considering average isn't a stat used in the league, you should be okay...

It'd not a category but hits are. Low average guys may hurt u there

Also Phillips was the other consideration. Good pick ed. I have an everyday second baseman but Phillips would have been a huge upgrade. However I needed the steals and the outfield security.

Not being able to follow baseball last season too much I wasn't sure who Desmond Jennings was, seems this might be a reach but like what I read about him, my line-up sure looks better with Ramirez and Jennings now. :music_guitarred:

Not being able to follow baseball last season too much I wasn't sure who Desmond Jennings was, seems this might be a reach but like what I read about him, my line-up sure looks better with Ramirez and Jennings now. :music_guitarred:

Consider us even for Zobrist. Jennings was the one guy that I was really wanting to fall to me. I thought of him as having so much high upside that it would give me a chance. Every other player after him you pretty well know what you will get. Real nice pick on your part. :cheers:

Jennings was a guy I looked long and hard at. He does have nice upside even though he's on the older side for a guy entering his first full year in the bigs. I saw some thing about him really tailing off in his last 100 at bats last year But he could be a 20 hr 45 steal guy easily.

Honestly I went with upton only because he should have more rbi

Jennings is the guy they had that made Tampa comfortable not ever realistically try to resign Carl Crawford.

My pick: David Wright. Yes I know he has a small tear in his left abdominal muscles. Which obviously isn't a good sign for a guy who already has a poor injury record. But I need a 3B and he has the ability to be a top 25 player if he ever stays healthy. There wasn't really anyone else I loved here. Couple pitchers I like but my team needs hitting a lot more. Although I'm quite the walking wounded with Howard, Wright, Utley, and other "old" Phillies who will probably miss time. :dunno:

My pick: David Wright. Yes I know he has a small tear in his left abdominal muscles. Which obviously isn't a good sign for a guy who already has a poor injury record. But I need a 3B and he has the ability to be a top 25 player if he ever stays healthy. There wasn't really anyone else I loved here. Couple pitchers I like but my team needs hitting a lot more. Although I'm quite the walking wounded with Howard, Wright, Utley, and and other "old" Phillies who will probably miss time. :dunno:

Thanks for taking him. I saw him available and didn't want to have to consider pulling the trigger like you did. :music_guitarred:

Thanks for taking him. I saw him available and didn't want to have to consider pulling the trigger like you did. :music_guitarred:

I'm just here to make your teams better. :cheers:

The pick could be a home run or I could strike out looking. Strike out looking is at least a -250 favorite.

I'm just here to make your teams better. :cheers:

The pick could be a home run or I could strike out looking. Strike out looking is at least a -250 favorite.

If you hadn't, I would have. Didn't like him in the first round, but #26 would have been just fine.

Was wondering when wright would go. Injury scare and shitty offense I guess but he's too talented to keep falling. No injury issue and I would have snagged him probably

Was wondering when wright would go. Injury scare and shitty offense I guess but he's too talented to keep falling. No injury issue and I would have snagged him probably

He wouldn't have made it to you... If he was injury free and was sitting there at 29.15, I would have taken him...

Sorry that pick took so long. Had family visit for dinner hadn't seen in 6 months.

Hart isn't really who I wanted, but I was drafting on need as I only have 3 OF. Hopefully none of those 3 get hurt before Hart recovers from his own injury.

In Tempe today to catch the Angels/Brewers game. Curious to see the fans reaction to Braun when he's announced.