Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Manning a Bronco!

5 years 95 million. The decision had nothing to do with winning and everything to do with money.

The 9'ers would have never offered that contract. So they were probably never really an option.

Once you realize that Elway offered that money up back on the 9th, you'll see the 9ers were totally prepared to offer that kind of money. No way they enter the game late, jeopardize their whole free agency, along with the risk of losing Alex Smith, without knowing what was on the table.

5 years 95 million. The decision had nothing to do with winning and everything to do with money.

The 9'ers would have never offered that contract. So they were probably never really an option.

Agreed. Whenever I heard "money will not be a factor," I knew it was BS. These big time guys still care about that no matter how much fans wish they were not like that.

If he wanted a title, he would be in SF.

Agreed. Whenever I heard "money will not be a factor," I knew it was BS. These big time guys still care about that no matter how much fans wish they were not like that.

If he wanted a title, he would be in SF.

We'll never know, but my money is on Harbaugh being the reason he opted out of San Fran.

They could pacify the Tebow crowd by allowing him to compete with Manning for the starting slot.

:D

We'll never know, but my money is on Harbaugh being the reason he opted out of San Fran.

I think it was because he wanted to stay in the AFC, or stay out of the NFC, so he wouldn't fock Eli out of a SB and to keep the possibility of a Manning vs Manning SB.

In the end I think it was Elway himself that swayed the deal. He is more of a peer with the HOF QB thing going for him. He had the AFC preference so that alone may have eliminated SF. The titans came with different elements and dont forget are in the same division as the Colts. I have to think that he didnt want to sh!t in their hat twice a year.

Of the remaining teams, Denver had seemed the least likely to me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One aspect is that he just costed Britt and Crabtree about 20 million and made stars out of Thomas and Decker.

I think it was because he wanted to stay in the AFC, or stay out of the NFC, so he wouldn't fock Eli out of a SB and to keep the possibility of a Manning vs Manning SB.

And if you're trying to get back to the SB, the AFC looks like an easier road for the immediate future.

I think Denver should now go ahead and sign Mike Wallace. Sure they would lose the 25th pick, but big deal. Who you gonna get as a weapon for Peyton that is as good as Wallace?

In the end I think it was Elway himself that swayed the deal. He is more of a peer with the HOF QB thing going for him. He had the AFC preference so that alone may have eliminated SF. The titans came with different elements and dont forget are in the same division as the Colts. I have to think that he didnt want to sh!t in their hat twice a year.

Very true about the respect for the Colts, along with the Eli thing that someone else mentioned.

And if you're trying to get back to the SB, the AFC looks like an easier road for the immediate future.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Definitely.

Considering this is still a FF forum, move Demaryius Thomas up on your draft list. He becomes a wide awake sleeper. And look at the guys in your league. Will they pick up on this? Also Decker. Tamme? Anyone else?

Considering this is still a FF forum, move Demaryius Thomas up on your draft list. He becomes a wide awake sleeper. And look at the guys in your league. Will they pick up on this? Also Decker. Tamme? Anyone else?

Unless you are playing in a league with 9 year old girls, all Bronc skill guys will go to high, since EVERY FF mag and site will say the same thing.

The guy I'm looking at is Moreno. Can manning finally make him useful?

The Broncos have a fair amount of cap space left, so I wouldn't be stunned to see them go after Wallace.

They could still afford some second tier talent at their other positions of need & honestly, there's not much first tier talent left.

Manning won't play 5 years -- 3 likely. Tewbow -- STAY AND LEARN FROM ONE OF THE BEST EVER this could be the best thing for TeBows career. Why dump Tebow???????????????????????

The Broncos have a fair amount of cap space left, so I wouldn't be stunned to see them go after Wallace.

They could still afford some second tier talent at their other positions of need & honestly, there's not much first tier talent left.

Wallace will also cost them a 1st, I don't think they will go that route.

Wallace will also cost them a 1st, I don't think they will go that route.

Oh, you know Saturday & Clark will be broncos too.

All of us on the Titans bored are saying to cancel the Saturday visit tomorrow. Why bother.

I disagree. NFC has Eli, Brees, Rodgers - three elite QBs. AFC has Brady. The road the superbowl is easier through the AFC.

I hope Peyton takes the Donkeys to a SB... and I hope Eli and the giants drop the pimp hand on him.

I disagree. NFC has Eli, Brees, Rodgers - three elite QBs. AFC has Brady. The road the superbowl is easier through the AFC.

I agree it is a much easier road to the SB through the AFC, so I am sure this fact played a part in his decision.

I hope Peyton takes the Donkeys to a SB...

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

and I hope Eli and the giants drop the pimp hand on him.

:nono: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

+1

Unless you are playing in a league with 9 year old girls, all Bronc skill guys will go to high, since EVERY FF mag and site will say the same thing.

The guy I'm looking at is Moreno. Can manning finally make him useful?

Not unless they use Manning as donor to give give Moreno new hamstrings, ACLs, ankles, etc, etc.

Just remember......it is NOT about the dollars for Peyton.

:lol: