Sign in to follow this  
Disposable Hero

Chris Johnson or ADP?

Both players had down years for different reasons but of the two, who do you see being more productive fantasy wise in the next 2-3 years and why?

ADP. He is a workhorse stud who is dedicated to his rehab; reports are he already is beating his teammates in sprints (albeit straight line). He'll do whatever it takes to get back to form. CJ2K got paid and then got bored and disinterested. He is extremely talented and very will might return to form but...

If I'm going to hitch my horse to a wagon, give me the guy who I know will try his best.:thumbsup:

ADP. He is a workhorse stud who is dedicated to his rehab; reports are he already is beating his teammates in sprints (albeit straight line). He'll do whatever it takes to get back to form. CJ2K got paid and then got bored and disinterested. He is extremely talented and very will might return to form but...

If I'm going to hitch my horse to a wagon, give me the guy who I know will try his best.:thumbsup:

I'll go the opposite. I'll take the guy who ISN'T coming off a shredded knee, with a very uncertain QB, and no WR talent in front of him. Plus six games of the season, they will be getting blown out in their division and will have to abandon the run.

I'll go the opposite. I'll take the guy who ISN'T coming off a shredded knee, with a very uncertain QB, and no WR talent in front of him. Plus six games of the season, they will be getting blown out in their division and will have to abandon the run.

+1

Workhorse or not, I just can't see ADP coming back full speed at the start of the season. He shredded his knee the last week of December, not early August.

I remember this being debated in earnest a couple years ago; I think last year demonstrated pretty clearly the limitations of both.

Peterson has a better attitude and more versatile ability. He's constantly working on improving and seems to give %100 on every down he plays. On the other hand, his running style seeks out contact and injuries are going to go along with that.

We saw last year what can go wrong with Johnson even when his body is healthy. He doesn't seem as humble or as committed to his team as ADP. However, CJ2K will probably have a longer shelf life due to his running style.

I do object to the characterization of ADP as having “no WR talent in front of him.” I really like Percy Harvin despite having Christian Ponder as a QB.

Generally, I would predict ADP is likely to give you more in the games he plays, but you will get more games out of CJ2K.

CJ2ypc killed one of my money teams last year. Talent, burst, ability - CJ has all those things. Discipline, tenacity, work ethic, non diva attitude - CJ has very little of those things. Someone's going to draft CJ in the first, but it won't be me. I'll wait till the late second and take a chance on AP. Even if it means not having him 100% or at all for the first few games, I'd take AP over CJ no question.

I think you guys are putting too much stock into CJ's bad attitude. Sure he a bad year and looked pretty detached at times, but the o-line (particularly Amano) was f'ing putrid last year.

I think you guys are putting too much stock into CJ's bad attitude. Sure he a bad year and looked pretty detached at times, but the o-line (particularly Amano) was f'ing putrid last year.

Will it be any better this year?

I'm with Reality, hoping I don't have to ride with either. I'd probably go with Johnson if I had to.

Will it be any better this year?

Hutchinson is the only addition. It looks like a four man battle royale for the Center spot between Amano, Matthews Jr., Velasco, and a UDFA we signed from Alabama.

If Amano loses the center spot, he might slide back to guard, where he played pretty well in the past. The moved him to center even though he'd never played center before for some inexplicable reason.

Hutchinson is the only addition. It looks like a four man battle royale for the Center spot between Amano, Matthews Jr., Velasco, and a UDFA we signed from Alabama.

If Amano loses the center spot, he might slide back to guard, where he played pretty well in the past. The moved him to center even though he'd never plaUyed center before for some inexplicable reason.

Huchinson isnt really an upgrade. He did not play well at all in minn his last 2 years. It really didnt make sense though last year how johnson was absolutely shut down by the colts. One of the perennially worst run defenses in the nfl. He started to play well in some games the second half of the season, but playing that badly against Ind isnt a good sign.

I'd take CJ right now but that's due to not knowing about the true status of AP's knee. For a guy his size & his running style makes it likely he could re-injure his knee. CJ has a lot of negatives but none of them include a reconstructed knee.

Not to mention the divisions they play in. I'd rather have 6 matchups against JAX, IND, & HOU instead of GB, CHI & DET.

You can have CJ - I'm done with him, and the injury only makes matters worse. I hope somebody does take him in the 1st, or hell even 2nd - but it won't be me again.

I'd take CJ right now but that's due to not knowing about the true status of AP's knee. For a guy his size & his running style makes it likely he could re-injure his knee. CJ has a lot of negatives but none of them include a reconstructed knee.

Not to mention the divisions they play in. I'd rather have 6 matchups against JAX, IND, & HOU instead of GB, CHI & DET.

Ind shut him the fock down last year. Actually his entire division did. He scored a combined 42 points in all 6 of those games. His best game rushing against divisional opponents was 61 yards against Houston in week 17. It makes me kind of queasy looking at those rushing totals, and I didn't even draft the guy.

Chris Johnson

no injuries

Steve Hutchinson added

Coach is previous OL coach

fastest player on team

QB is Hasselbeck

Good recievers (Britt, Washington, Cook)

A.Peterson

ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery???

QB is Ponder

no recievers outside of Harvin

rookie OLT

I think if I had to pick...It would be Chris Johnson based on info above.

You can have CJ - I'm done with him, and the injury only makes matters worse. I hope somebody does take him in the 1st, or hell even 2nd - but it won't be me again.

What injury?

What injury?

I think he meant to say "and the injury to AP only makes things worse" with regards to deciding between the two.

Honestly though, after you get by Foster, Rice & McCoy, EVERY running back has question marks surrounding them. Injuries, RBBC, age, contract situations & coaching changes cloud every pick.

Out of all these points, which ones do you discount the most come draft day?

Honestly though, after you get by Foster, Rice & McCoy, EVERY running back has question marks surrounding them. Injuries, RBBC, age, contract situations & coaching changes cloud every pick.

Out of all these points, which ones do you discount the most come draft day?

You're right at this point it looks sketchy after those 3, I'd also include MJD in that group. Part of the concern stems from last year's short offseason. We'll have plenty of time to see how the depth charts end up and that'll help clear up things. But as always in fantasy football its mostly your best guess and hope for the best.

But to answer your question, I'd take coaching changes out of the mix, a RB who performs isn't going to be benched. Even with the Wash. situation I think Helu should be there at a value pick. And age is another tricky one, yes we can pinpoint some obvious don't touch guys because of age but those also have glaring situation ?? I hope that M. Turner gets ignored and falls to my RB2, is Quizz or Snelling gonna unseat him as the main carry getter? They would have made that change already if it was going to be Snelling and Quizz isn't an every down back. McGahee is getting older but he will be better with a traditional pro set that he does best in.

I would go with Chris Johnson for now, in both dynasty and re-draft. Peterson suffered a major injury and I'd like to see him back on the field before I'll feel fully comfortable again. Obviously if Peterson comes back and starts to play well... hes shooting up my rankings

CJ sure is taking a beating for a down 2011. I think he returns to stud status and hope to get him late in the 1st.