Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

Don't know if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but I saw a focking trippy movie this weekend that I highly recommend for those who aren't afraid: Enter the Void.

It's from Gaspar Noe, the dude who did Irreversible. This movie is much better, IMO. But, holy hell did it have an affect on me. I was depressed for days afterward. So yeah, it's a powerful film and you'd better be in the mood.

Don't know if its been mentioned in this thread yet, but I saw a focking trippy movie this weekend that I highly recommend for those who aren't afraid: Enter the Void.

It's from Gaspar Noe, the dude who did Irreversible. This movie is much better, IMO. But, holy hell did it have an affect on me. I was depressed for days afterward. So yeah, it's a powerful film and you'd better be in the mood.

Just so I know how deep I am getting in, like kill yourself depressed, or jerk off afterwards to feel a little better depressed?

Just so I know how deep I am getting in, like kill yourself depressed, or jerk off afterwards to feel a little better depressed?

Much closer to kill yourself depressed. It's just a draining experience to watch this movie more than anything else--emotionally, spiritually, and even somehow physically draining. You'll just want to avoid everyone and go to bed when it's over. But really, it's good. :unsure:

Much closer to kill yourself depressed. It's just a draining experience to watch this movie more than anything else--emotionally, spiritually, and even somehow physically draining. You'll just want to avoid everyone and go to bed when it's over. But really, it's good. :unsure:

After seeing irreversible I will never watch another movie by Gaspar Noe, but the way you describe this (exhausting) is how I feel about Michael Haneke's films - they're well directed but so exhausting.

I just watched the Dredd remake the other day. It was totally average and not worth checking out. That's my anti-recommendation.

After seeing irreversible I will never watch another movie by Gaspar Noe, but the way you describe this (exhausting) is how I feel about Michael Haneke's films - they're well directed but so exhausting.

See, I think maybe you would really like Enter the Void. It's much better than Irreversible IMO. Noe will always be over the top, but Enter the Void did not exploit the viewer nearly as badly as Irreversible.

See, I think maybe you would really like Enter the Void. It's much better than Irreversible IMO. Noe will always be over the top, but Enter the Void did not exploit the viewer nearly as badly as Irreversible.

If a movie is 2.5 hours long it better be the focking Godfather or I can't sit through it. Ill try to get around to it though based only on your recommendation. I hated Irreversible for its cheap shock tactics and how boring it was, makes me wary of any other movies by the same director.

If a movie is 2.5 hours long it better be the focking Godfather or I can't sit through it. Ill try to get around to it though based only on your recommendation. I hated Irreversible for its cheap shock tactics and how boring it was, makes me wary of any other movies by the same director.

This one has far fewer cheap shock tactics, but based on what you just wrote I'm thinking you might find it boring after all. It certainly is long. It almost lost me somewhere after the one hour mark but I was able to hang in there. It's a marathon for sure.

I watched the first half of Headhunters at least 3x before finishing it - loved the setup but overall it was just okay. I'm midway through a ghost movie called the Pact and feel the same way. Both got rave reviews but I'd call them a pass.

I'm getting Sleep Tight and a Thai horror movie called The Road this weekend, I'll report back. Killer Joe was the last f'd up movie I really liked btw.

I watched the first half of Headhunters at least 3x before finishing it - loved the setup but overall it was just okay. I'm midway through a ghost movie called the Pact and feel the same way. Both got rave reviews but I'd call them a pass.

I'm getting Sleep Tight and a Thai horror movie called The Road this weekend, I'll report back. Killer Joe was the last f'd up movie I really liked btw.

I watched that killer Joe. I liked it fine. I watched another movie you mentioned in another thread a while back. It was the best Christmas movie thread. Gremlins. My son had never seen it and didn't know what Gremlins were, so we checked it out. I had seen it years ago. Forgot that Phoebe Cates was in it, damn was she cute in that movie. And Judge Reinhold was in it too. Anyway, my son loved it and just about sh1t when I told it was made in the early 80s.

Sleep Tight was really good. It's about the doorman / concierge at a swanky apartment complex who's depressed and hates everyone so he subtly focks with them. He singles out this sexy young woman who's particularly optimistic for special torment: misplaces her things, infests her apartment with cockroaches, etc.

No nudity and minimal gore and violence but really creepy and mean-spirited. I liked it a lot. :cheers:

Sleep Tight was really good. It's about the doorman / concierge at a swanky apartment complex who's depressed and hates everyone so he subtly focks with them. He singles out this sexy young woman who's particularly optimistic for special torment: misplaces her things, infests her apartment with cockroaches, etc.

No nudity and minimal gore and violence but really creepy and mean-spirited. I liked it a lot. :cheers:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cool, just added it to my queue.

House Of Cards.

I'm sure it's probably been mentioned. It's addicting from the first episode. VERY, VERY good writing, and Spacey is....Spacey.

It's usually hard for me to get into stuffy political movies and shows. This was an exception. Plus all of season 1 is available from the get-go, which is convenient.

I think a lot of top writers and directors will gravitate towards netflix. Pretty much no restrictions and unlimited $$$. Arrested Development is coming back on netflix, and I have heard other rumors. This is an awesome revolution in TV.

Rented Simister, and Cold Fish based on gocolts recommendation.

Will report back.

Rented Simister, and Cold Fish based on gocolts recommendation.

Will report back.

I hope you like it. I focking loved Cold Fish.

I focking loved Cold Fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HvKvXOcDx4

I never got along with the girls at my school

Filling me up with all their morals and their rules

They'd pile all their problems on my head

I'd rather go out and ###### the dead

'Cause I can do what I want

And they won't complain

I wanna ######, I wanna ###### the dead

Middle of the night so silently

I creep on over to the mortuary

Lift up the casket and fiddle with the dead

Their cold blue flesh makes me turn red

Do what I want

And they won't complain

And I don't even care how she died

But I like it better

If she smells of formaldehyde

Never on the rag or say leave me alone

They don't scream and they don't moan

Don't even cry if I shoot in their hair

Lying on the table she smiles and she stares

'Cause I can do what I want

And they won't complain

I hope you like it. I focking loved Cold Fish.

I'm intrigued, never even heard of it except from you - I will let you know buddy. Going to watch Sinister first so it may be a week or 2.

Sinister was slightly better than average. Very well acted, Ethan Hawke was good, great soundtrack and a few creepy moments. Loses a lot of steam the last 30 minutes and ends on a bad note. Just okay. I'm going to at least start Cold Fish tonight.

Rented an artsy fartsy movie called Compliance about a creep who prank calls a fast food joint impersonating a cop and convinces te manager a cashier stole something so she has to strip search her. It was based on a true story but the whole thing was so unbelievable and stupid I really couldn't get into it. Not at all recommended.

Also saw Cold Fish. I really liked it for most of the run time but man ... if any movie needed an editor it was this one. It was a good 2.5 hour movie that could've been a great 1.75-2 hour movie. Lots of gore, disembowelment and perverted sex if you're into tht sort of thing. It reminded me a whole lot of Visitor Q, another F'd up movie. Overall it was maybe a 2.5 out of 5 stars? Oddly enough my wife liked it more than me and was rooting for the main psychopath. :lol:

I've got Lone Wolf and Cub and a movie to be named later coming on Friday. :cheers:

Rented an artsy fartsy movie called Compliance about a creep who prank calls a fast food joint impersonating a cop and convinces te manager a cashier stole something so she has to strip search her. It was based on a true story but the whole thing was so unbelievable and stupid I really couldn't get into it. Not at all recommended.

Also saw Cold Fish. I really liked it for most of the run time but man ... if any movie needed an editor it was this one. It was a good 2.5 hour movie that could've been a great 1.75-2 hour movie. Lots of gore, disembowelment and perverted sex if you're into tht sort of thing. It reminded me a whole lot of Visitor Q, another F'd up movie. Overall it was maybe a 2.5 out of 5 stars? Oddly enough my wife liked it more than me and was rooting for the main psychopath. :lol:

I've got Lone Wolf and Cub and a movie to be named later coming on Friday. :cheers:

:thumbsup:

I liked Cold Fish so much, I didn't even realize it was that long. Visitor Q was another movie I really enjoyed.

As far as the first movie you are describing in the beginning of your post, as I was reading it, I was thinking that sounds like a ripoff of that video I saw on the net years ago. THen I made it to the part about being a true story. The real video is just as unbelievable.

:thumbsup:

I liked Cold Fish so much, I didn't even realize it was that long. Visitor Q was another movie I really enjoyed.

As far as the first movie you are describing in the beginning of your post, as I was reading it, I was thinking that sounds like a ripoff of that video I saw on the net years ago. THen I made it to the part about being a true story. The real video is just as unbelievable.

I'm sure the video was better. :lol: And if love a link if you PM it.

I'm sure the video was better. :lol: And if love a link if you PM it.

PM sent. :)

Is Alias any good? I kinda like JJ Abrams, but I kinda don't like Jennifer Garner and I'm not sure I could take her seriously in an action role. Also, is there an underlying storyline to follow week to week AND does it make sense and all come together unlike Lost? I'm almost in the mood for another BSG type of show. I've never watched Fringe either.

It's either that or I'm going to try out this new show "Revenge" which Netflix seems to think I'm really going to like.

House of Cards is really good.

I recently watched The Machinist and Bernie...both were decent.

If you are into rock and roll music Rock Prophecies was kind of interesting for a documentary...was about Robert Knight, a well know photographer and took the last pictures of SRV at his last show...no video footage exists, just the pics.

Is Alias any good? I kinda like JJ Abrams, but I kinda don't like Jennifer Garner and I'm not sure I could take her seriously in an action role. Also, is there an underlying storyline to follow week to week AND does it make sense and all come together unlike Lost? I'm almost in the mood for another BSG type of show. I've never watched Fringe either.

It's either that or I'm going to try out this new show "Revenge" which Netflix seems to think I'm really going to like.

Have you checked out Once Upon a Time? It's actually pretty good.

THe first several years of Alias are pretty good. I was skeptical going in, but they made it work. Plenty of plot twists to keep you entertained. Except for the last season. THe last season kinda blew. You should give it a look. Phillybear is the one who recommended it to me.

Have you checked out Once Upon a Time? It's actually pretty good.

Netflix thinks I'm really going to like Once Upon a Time too and Netflix usually gets it right. So I was thinking about this one too. I watched the very first episode and it just didn't catch my interest, and I didn't give it much of a chance.

THe first several years of Alias are pretty good. I was skeptical going in, but they made it work. Plenty of plot twists to keep you entertained. Except for the last season. THe last season kinda blew. You should give it a look. Phillybear is the one who recommended it to me.

I watched the beginning of the first episode last night and I fell asleep halfway through it. That's usually not a good sign but I have heard really good things about it.

Netflix thinks I'm really going to like Once Upon a Time too and Netflix usually gets it right. So I was thinking about this one too. I watched the very first episode and it just didn't catch my interest, and I didn't give it much of a chance.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Or a different one ?

I watched the beginning of the first episode last night and I fell asleep halfway through it. That's usually not a good sign but I have heard really good things about it.

I would give it few episodes. It really kicks in.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Or a different one ?

The TV Show called "Once Upon a Time". It's got a few of the writers from Lost writing for it and it's a fantasy show that mixes fairy tales with modern life, if I understand correctly.

The TV Show called "Once Upon a Time". It's got a few of the writers from Lost writing for it and it's a fantasy show that mixes fairy tales with modern life, if I understand correctly.

Gotcha.

Where's your future ex husband at?

Just watched Lone Wolf and Cub: Swors of Vengeance. This was one weird, violent focked up samurai flick. If you liked 13 Assassins rent this one immediately, I loved it. :cheers:

OK. So I'm halfway through season 2 of Alias and I can't help but feeling it is a ripoff of the much superior La Femme Nikita (the original US version). It's entertaining, but it is by no means something I would rate very highly and I'm now questioning why I've invested so much time into it. ######, if you want a terrorist/crime drama/get your heart pounding kind of show, 24 blows this one away. And the conveniently stolen plot lines from La Femme Nikita without the convincing psychologically evil aspect is making me kinda not like it at all. :dunno:

Safety Not Guaranteed was one of the best movies I've ever seen. fvcking loved it. :headbanger:

Safety Not Guaranteed was one of the best movies I've ever seen. fvcking loved it. :headbanger:

Really? I thought it was ok but no where near best ever.

It was up there. Most movies today are so unoriginal, this movie was not. It had a lot of subtle humor and a pretty decent story line. Started off strong and finished strong.

+1

Decent but nothing to write home about

It's not really original either. It seemed like a bit of a ripoff of Happy Accidents to me