Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

The Walking Dead Season 3

I do hope they do a Boondock Saints III though :)

I've actually never seen these. Are they any good?

I've actually never seen these. Are they any good?

Think of CaddyShack I is great! II is terrible

I'm sure that will come in handy the next time I'm being chased by a psycho that calls himself The Governor. :thumbsup:

I don't think you can do it on newer model cars, but you can rip out the casing to the steering column and then pull back on the starter mechanism with a screwdriver. This is how somehow stole my first car. They went joy riding and parked it back down the block from me. Weird, but I learned how to steal a car because of them :thumbsup:

Also, I don't see the Governor getting killed at all. I can't see the writers only doing one season with him in it. I can see him becoming a Ben Linus type of character.

I'm sure that will come in handy the next time I'm being chased by a phag that calls himself My BF :thumbsup:

:shocking:

Good episode tonight.

Merle. :(

Watching now. Comment later.

How does Merle manage to sneak up on the other group with the music turned up loud and a group of walkers following him?

How does Merle manage to sneak up on the other group with the music turned up loud and a group of walkers following him?

He didn't. They clearly showed the Governors group looking in the direction of the music/car and reacting to it. Once they saw the walkers they spread out and started shooting.

Good episode tonight.

Yep. :thumbsup:

Would have liked a little teaser of Andrea at the end- not just in the preview.

Also, I finally read the wiki page of The Rise of the Governor... :shocking: Too bad that particular twist doesn't look like it will find it's way into the show.

He didn't. They clearly showed the Governors group looking in the direction of the music/car and reacting to it. Once they saw the walkers they spread out and started shooting.

Maybe I remember wrong, but it seemed like they only reacted when he was right there. They should have noticed him sooner.

Also, I finally read the wiki page of The Rise of the Governor... :shocking: Too bad that particular twist doesn't look like it will find it's way into the show.

In the comic book Andrea and Rick end up together -- the Show sometimes goes by the comics but more times than not doesn't.

Dammit I knew Merle was gonna die. :( My favorite character too..

So I guess I have to admit I made a mistake about Daryl/Norman. I swear to god I remember hearing that he was leaving the show ( at the time I was only on season 2 or maybe 3 and was trying to NOT listen to things that were possibly spoilers) but I cannot back it up with a link. It was from TV teaser like TMZ or Access Hollywood. I searched the web as well and cannot find it.

My wife said I probably dreamt it after watching 3 episodes on night. My kid had referenced him leaving once or twice and when I questioned him last night where he got that from he said me :(

I think they are going to run, or something. I don't think they stay in the prison, at least for the battle. Not sure what becomes of Andrea.

They should pull a Last Samaurai, and spread gasoline all over the surrounding grassy areas and tree line. That way when the guvnuh shows up trying to shoot from out there, they get a face full of flaming hot fire.

Rick's group is really being very unimaginative about defense.

So I guess I have to admit I made a mistake about Daryl/Norman. I swear to god I remember hearing that he was leaving the show ( at the time I was only on season 2 or maybe 3 and was trying to NOT listen to things that were possibly spoilers) but I cannot back it up with a link. It was from TV teaser like TMZ or Access Hollywood. I searched the web as well and cannot find it.

My wife said I probably dreamt it after watching 3 episodes on night. My kid had referenced him leaving once or twice and when I questioned him last night where he got that from he said me :(

I hope you're right (about being wrong). The Walking Dead wouldn't be the same without Daryl.

I think it's kind of obvious in the finale they kill the gov. Why not just move to Woodbury after that.

Have not seen it in the comics or elsewhere -- do they ever really get into the virus?

I missed the entire 1st season or most of it. Do they explain when the virus was unleashed -- who did it? did it just automatically kill people or just change the people that died?

Have not seen it in the comics or elsewhere -- do they ever really get into the virus?

I missed the entire 1st season or most of it. Do they explain when the virus was unleashed -- who did it? did it just automatically kill people or just change the people that died?

Mostly cats. Just saying.

I hope you're right (about being wrong). The Walking Dead wouldn't be the same without Daryl.

I hope so too as Daryl is a great character. Part of me wants to be vindicated and that it wasn't just a drunken dream.

They should pull a Last Samaurai, and spread gasoline all over the surrounding grassy areas and tree line. That way when the guvnuh shows up trying to shoot from out there, they get a face full of flaming hot fire.

Rick's group is really being very unimaginative about defense.

While I agree with you about being unimaginative, isn't gasoline a pretty valuable and fairly rare commodity in their world? Also if you don't know when they are coming, there is a danger is would just absorb.

I loved the 5 foot piece of 2x4 with the hunk of razor wire attached that they threw out there to slow down an attack and acted like they had built the Maginot line. Yeah, that should totally incapacitate a speeding Humvee. :thumbsup: "It was Michonne's idea!" :lol:

I hope so too as Daryl is a great character. Part of me wants to be vindicated and that it wasn't just a drunken dream.

The guys only claim to fame is Boondock Saints and that flopped and was just a cult classic type movie. If he leaves on his own accord he is just stupid.

How many actors have ever left a series and gone on to become big movie stars other than George Clooney?

The guys only claim to fame is Boondock Saints and that flopped and was just a cult classic type movie. If he leaves on his own accord he is just stupid.

Acreed however searching for information I ended up on his website and seems as though he is doing a lot of production work and has several projects going on. Or something.

While I agree with you about being unimaginative, isn't gasoline a pretty valuable and fairly rare commodity in their world? Also if you don't know when they are coming, there is a danger is would just absorb.

I loved the 5 foot piece of 2x4 with the hunk of razor wire attached that they threw out there to slow down an attack and acted like they had built the Maginot line. Yeah, that should totally incapacitate a speeding Humvee. :thumbsup: "It was Michonne's idea!" :lol:

Yeah that was good. I was wondering what they thought that was going to do.

You're right about the gasoline. They would need to find something flammable that was more viscous and less valuable.

Honestly, though, they should just leave. The next best option is to take the fight to Woodbury. You can't just sit there and let yourself be attacked over and over again. They do have the advantage that they know the governor is coming. You'ld be better off lying in wait somewhere around woodbury with someone spying on the town. Then when they attack the prison, burn the whole focking town to the ground.

I think it's kind of obvious in the finale they kill the gov. Why not just move to Woodbury after that.

Because they would have to kill everyone. There are just too many residents at woodberry to kill with how small ricks group is.

How many actors have ever left a series and gone on to become big movie stars other than George Clooney?

He was in the movie pandorum which wasnt very big. He isnt a very good actor honestly but fits well in a role where he doesnt have much dialogue. This role on the walking dead is perfect for him so hopefully he isnt dumb enough to fock it up.

I read the first two books: Rise of the Governor and The Road to Woodbury. If you have not read them, I highly recommend both books. The third one is due out this fall. They are great.

I read the first two books: Rise of the Governor and The Road to Woodbury. If you have not read them, I highly recommend both books. The third one is due out this fall. They are great.

These are indepenadant of the comic book? Based on the comic book? Sounds interesting.

Yeah that was good. I was wondering what they thought that was going to do.

You're right about the gasoline. They would need to find something flammable that was more viscous and less valuable.

Honestly, though, they should just leave. The next best option is to take the fight to Woodbury. You can't just sit there and let yourself be attacked over and over again. They do have the advantage that they know the governor is coming. You'ld be better off lying in wait somewhere around woodbury with someone spying on the town. Then when they attack the prison, burn the whole focking town to the ground.

I was thinking of something like this. Hide out in the woods close to Woodbury, have Daryl spy on the entrance, when they leave, just go into the city and either have everyone at and near the entrance ready to ambush them when they return or burn everything and run.

Are they books or comics?

You're NEVER going to read Game of Thrones. :wall:

Probably true but I am reading that King/Dark Tower book you recommended. Whisper wind Keyhole or something.

:wave:

Good episode tonight.

Merle was the nicest, 1 handed, drug addicted, self preserving, racist redneck I ever saw.

:(

You're NEVER going to read Game of Thrones. :wall:

I guess I have two new books to add to my list. :thumbsup:

I really like the show -- it just annoys the fock out of me how it is still called Game of Thrones -- that was just the first focking book :wall: I read Game of thrones in focking 1999 after a friend recommended it. If they are not going to call each season by the name of the books call it by Ice and Fire ant least. :wall:

Merle was the nicest, 1 handed, drug addicted, self preserving, racist redneck I ever saw.

:(

Another thing to add as all Ricks fault -- He never tells Merle and Merle never goes.

I really like the show -- it just annoys the fock out of me how it is still called Game of Thrones -- that was just the first focking book :wall: I read Game of thrones in focking 1999 after a friend recommended it. If they are not going to call each season by the name of the books call it by Ice and Fire ant least. :wall:

I get where you're coming from. I'm sure there was a reason behind it (that we'll never know). My best guess is that just calling it Game of Thrones is more user friendly than A Song of Ice and Fire. It gives the average person who had never heard of it, a suggestion of what it was all about. Ice and Fire doesn't do that.

Game of Thrones is more "user friendly" than Ice and Fire ?

IMO yes. Let's pretend for a moment that you have no previous knowledge about the series/books. Which one sounds more like something you would want to watch and gives you some insight on what it is about?