Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

2012 Auction Targets and Strategy

Second year doing an auction league. Last year Rice was my #1 overall and I landed him. I then way over paid for Dez and Blount as they were the last remaining options at that tier. Won't make that mistake again.

Personally, the league I play in is .5PPR with 6 points for QB tds, so that seems to give a nod to the top ones.

QBs: I'm thinking Stafford might be a decent discount from the Rodgers/Brady tier. I also really like Ryan late.

RBs: I'm unsure of my strategy here. I think if I go Stafford I won't be able to quite afford one of the top 3. If I grab Ryan I could. In general I"d like to lock up 2 top 15-20 options that I can count on. Avoiding all the injury guys like AP/Charles ect and currently the hold out MJD and possibly Lynch. I could see guys like Sproles and Bradshaw being targets regardless.

WRs: There are a few big name guys I like but in general I'm just as happy with wrs 10-24 as I am with 1-10. I am going to make a list of my favorite targets like Harvin, Maclin, Decker, ect and try and aim for the guys I can get at reasonable prices.

TE: I really want Hernandez. Should be a bit of a discount from Graham/Gronk and I think he has the chance to nearly keep pace with the latter.

So I ask you both who are your auction targets this year and what is your overall general strategy?

I have been the commissioner of an auction league now for the last 6-7 years and have done well in it from year to year. I always try to get a good RB to build my team around (this year especially with so many ? marks at the position. Foster, Rice, McCoy, and maybe Mathews will be high on my list. I am not afraid of overpaying if it is not outrageous. Then I look for value at RB #2. Martin and Ridley seem to be value right now but maybe not when we auction at the end of the month. I like to tandem up QB's who might fly under the radar (Ryan, Palmer, Cutler, etc.). Then I look for value at the WR position. There seems to be a ton of value in the 10-25 range for WR's so I might wait and try to get as many of those as I can for less than $10 (we have a $100 budget). TE's will by too spendy for me in the upper echelon but I agree with you, Hernandez could put up great #s. I will probably try to target Davis, Tamme, Pettigrew, and/or Cook. We have a 14 team league and once the big spending is done there is usually good value at the WR position. The key is saving as much money as you can to be in control of the board. Always $1 for kicker/defense. Hope some of this works for you.

I have been the commissioner of an auction league now for the last 6-7 years and have done well in it from year to year. I always try to get a good RB to build my team around (this year especially with so many ? marks at the position. Foster, Rice, McCoy, and maybe Mathews will be high on my list. I am not afraid of overpaying if it is not outrageous. Then I look for value at RB #2. Martin and Ridley seem to be value right now but maybe not when we auction at the end of the month. I like to tandem up QB's who might fly under the radar (Ryan, Palmer, Cutler, etc.). Then I look for value at the WR position. There seems to be a ton of value in the 10-25 range for WR's so I might wait and try to get as many of those as I can for less than $10 (we have a $100 budget). TE's will by too spendy for me in the upper echelon but I agree with you, Hernandez could put up great #s. I will probably try to target Davis, Tamme, Pettigrew, and/or Cook. We have a 14 team league and once the big spending is done there is usually good value at the WR position. The key is saving as much money as you can to be in control of the board. Always $1 for kicker/defense. Hope some of this works for you.

Yeah Martin, especially, and Ridley seem like they could be great values and break outs. The word is prob already out on Martin but I'm gonna target both.

2nd year in my auction league, and we're going keeper this year...

Last year, I went with the Matts (Stafford and Ryan). It paid dividends. Might invest in Stafford, but will likely stick with my usual value QB strategy - Rivers, Eli, Big Ben, Cutler types... QB2-> flier perhaps on Flynn (high upside if I'm feeling risk tolerant, could be boom or bust especially for keeper league), Dalton (red heads tend to fly under the radar), Bradford (like his chance to bounce back with B Quick and a healthy poor man's Welker back from injury), Palmer, Freeman, Fitzpatrick.

I'll pay for a workhorse back - I'll always have a man crush on Ray Ray, so he's always on my radar. I got him last year, and with my 2nd back, I like value upside - went Ryan Mathews last year. For my workhorse, I'm eyeing Rice, Lesean, and the always injury risks (Dmac and Rmath - tough to consider them "workhorses" though) and potentially, Trent Richardson, but that might ding me this year for future returns... For my later backs, I've got BJGE, Doug Martin, Ridley, and Donald Brown on my radar. (will likely target to get 2 of them if possible - the latter 3 could have some value as keepers if they step up this year... but Martin already has a bit of premium cost baked into him me thinks).

WR and TE, I still need to get up on my research. Brandon Marshall on my list early... Brandon Lloyd and Denarius Moore on my board for later value picks at this point. Got Jimmy Graham on the cheap last year, but I don't think I'll buck up on a top TE this year, and go for value there - Greg Olsen, Pettigrew, Fred Davis, and now that Pitta may be out for a bit... Ed Dickson :ninja:

still a work in progress... really need to figure out how to interweave the keeper aspect into my valuations.

I'll usually go for high end (top 7) at each position early, being willing to spend about 60-70% of my budget on QB/RB1/WR1/TE and then round out my roster with upside cheapies late. Great dollar values exist on Rivers/Romo/Ryan, but you'll pay out the nose for Stafford $32-36. Brees/Brady/Rodgers cost even more, whereas the 3 Rs are going for half that. <-That $15 you spent on a QB later on evens things out since you'll spend $32+ on an RB1 and $25+ on a WR1. (based on 12 teams/$200 budget)

I have been in an redraft auction league for 10 years now. Do not follow what I do because I have never won the darn thing. Of my three league, this is my least interesting so I put less effort into it. I typically read up on all players I can, target a top tier QB, if I just can't pull the trigger I go for 2 mid tier guys. I also try to get a top 5 RB and WR so I do not have to think about who to start, if they are playing you know your starting these guys. After that, I sit back and wait for the $1 guys hoping to hit gold. :wall:

Spend big money on a couple elite players you REALLY like. They are the core of your team.

Sit back and wait. Do not spend on the tier three guys and only take a tier two if you really like the value.

Near the end of the draft, get back into it. At that point you should have more money than most even though you blew a ton of it on your elite guys. This is where you pick up all those players that you think will step up this year. Do not get into a bidding war for any of them though. If someone else really wants the same guy, maybe bid him up once or twice and then let it go. It's all about value at this point.

In the middle of my first mock draft on yahoo. I'm really digging this squad. 6 point qb td league with .5 PPR

QB: Stafford $30

RB: Forte $38

RB: Bradshaw $16

WR: Marshall $32

WR: Harvin $27

WR: Lloyd $19

TE: Hernandez $23

16 dollars left...have to fill out bench

Spend big money on a couple elite players you REALLY like. They are the core of your team.

Sit back and wait. Do not spend on the tier three guys and only take a tier two if you really like the value.

Near the end of the draft, get back into it. At that point you should have more money than most even though you blew a ton of it on your elite guys. This is where you pick up all those players that you think will step up this year. Do not get into a bidding war for any of them though. If someone else really wants the same guy, maybe bid him up once or twice and then let it go. It's all about value at this point.

I try a similar strategy. In auctions, if you can get 2 consensus top 10 (assuming a 12 team league) picks on your roster you can have a huge advantage against the rest of league, no matter what the rest of your roster looks like. There will still be plenty of quality players left that you like and won't have to spend too much for. Especially at WR this year.

In the middle of my first mock draft on yahoo. I'm really digging this squad. 6 point qb td league with .5 PPR

QB: Stafford $30

RB: Forte $38

RB: Bradshaw $16

WR: Marshall $32

WR: Harvin $27

WR: Lloyd $19

TE: Hernandez $23

16 dollars left...have to fill out bench

Good looking team...just for comparison's sake, do you still have what Gronk and Graham went for?? And was Hernandez the 3rd most expensive TE?

Personally, the league I play in is .5PPR with 6 points for QB tds, so that seems to give a nod to the top ones.

Actually, since its half point per reception, it makes the value of QB's go down significantly. You should probably look to target a cheaper QB, in the Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers tier.

It depends on the scoring system, but Steven Ridley, James Starks, Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, and Michael Vick have been on my teams a lot.

It depends on the scoring system, but Steven Ridley, James Starks, Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, and Michael Vick have been on my teams a lot.

Why Starks? All of the press about him from camp has been :thumbsdown:

Hes is on my DND list :nono:

Why Starks? All of the press about him from camp has been :thumbsdown:

Hes is on my DND list :nono:

I've noted the bad press in this thread, but sometimes the press doesn't mean anything. If he looks bad in preseason games, sure I'll move him down my list. But training camp hype is quite often just hype. In 2010, people were raving about how Randy Moss was in amazing shape & lighting up practices, more motivated than ever.

With Starks, its just opportunity. Ryan Grant left 134 carries and 19 receptions on the table. If Starks gets half of that workload, he'll have 1160 total yards (870 rushing, 290 receiving) if he keeps his career yards per carry/reception averages where they were last year. Alex Green is getting good press, and I'm drafting him a lot too. But 1160 yards from scrimmage and 6 TD's puts Starks as the 20th ranked RB last year (a low end RB2). In round 7 with guys like Ben Tate & Mark Ingram as the other options, I find myself selecting him quite often as my RB3.

disclaimer: still 2 weeks til my auction, but, after a couple mocks...

I'm considering rolling the value dice on QB/TE, and investing heavily in backfield, and WR corps to an extent.

I'll let other people pay 30-35 for Gronk and Graham. I'd consider Gates at the right price, but people are still paying a premium for him, so I'll likely go for a value tandem from a group of Gonzo/Keller/Olsen/Tamme/Pettigrew/Cook. A pair can be had for 5 - 12 depending on the pairing...

QB, I've always been a value guy. NFW am I paying 50-60 for a Brees/Brady/Rodgers. I love me some Rivers/Ryan/Cutler + a Palmer/Fitzpatrick/Dalton backup for a total of ~ 15 bucks.

Would then leverage my cap money toward RB and WR...

to be continued

What do you think Julio goes for in a $100 auction draft at this point tonight? $15?

Yeah, i would think Julio would go for $15-$18. I have been in a keeper dynasty league for the past 5 years with $100 budget .5 rb ppr and 1pt WR ppr. At the end of the year, price increases by how many fantasy points the player scored. For example if Aaron Rodgers scored 250 to 349 fantasy points, he goes up $3. If he scored 350 points, he goes up $4. We round up. Here is how our drafts have usually played out:

Top QBs - $20-$22

Top WRs- $23-$25

Tob RBs - up to $32

However, since our league is somewhat old, alot of younger players who have turned into stars are kept at reasonable prices so teams now have to overpay to get the players they want since available talent pool is somewhat limited. It makes the end of year interesting as teams who have no chance of making the playoffs typically try to trade their expensive stars for cheap young talent to teams who want to strengthen their playoff team.

What do you think Julio goes for in a $100 auction draft at this point tonight? $15?

$20-25

i'm officially buying into Hillis for my RB3 with upside. even if Jamal stays healthy, i think Peyton gets enough carries to warrant the price, and if Jamal doesn't happen to stay healthy... tons of upside for Peyton.

plan to nominate him early, pegging a $10 +/- 3$ budget for him. most other owners should still have boners to draft arian / ray / lesean / mathews, so they may hold their pistols conserving for a bidding war for those guys.

if i can then get a Dmac/CJ2K + marshawn / Sjax after that for a reasonable amount (60-70 total), I'd be happy with that kind of trio... at damn near the cost of 1 arian / ray / lesean... cheapo RB4 target would be a Kevin Smith / Ike Redman / Starks / Ronnie Hillman depending on how things unfold...

After a few Yahoo mock drafts, I've decided to avoid the top TEs - paying for Gronk or Graham hurts me too much in other areas. I will also definitely go for a top RB1.

What I haven't decided is if I go for a top 3 QB (Rodgers/Brees/Brady) and value picks for RB2 and WR (Shonn Greene, Bowe, Colston) or take a value QB like Matty Ice and RB2 / WR upgrades (McFadden, Welker. etc.). Which way should I go with this?

After a few Yahoo mock drafts, I've decided to avoid the top TEs - paying for Gronk or Graham hurts me too much in other areas. I will also definitely go for a top RB1.

What I haven't decided is if I go for a top 3 QB (Rodgers/Brees/Brady) and value picks for RB2 and WR (Shonn Greene, Bowe, Colston) or take a value QB like Matty Ice and RB2 / WR upgrades (McFadden, Welker. etc.). Which way should I go with this?

I always lean for avoiding the high cost QBs and going for value, so I'm a bit biased. But I've had a fair amount of success nabbing QBs that well outperform their ADP... Stafford last year, Warner in 2008, etc. This year, I'm leaning towards putting my eggs in the Matt Ryan / Jay Cutler basket. I mean, sh*t, you can get that platoon for 1/3 the cost of Rodgers/Brees/or Brady.

Auction is tomm:

QB: 99% sure I spend on either Stafford or Ryan. -6 points per td pass- I like Stafford at a discount from the top 3. I like Ryans upside. Cutler too...

RB: 99% sure I bypass the top 3-a theme- and maybe load up on 2. Something like CJ2K + McFadden. Also considering a solid guy like SJax as my 2.

WR: I love Julio and Marshall. Might spend for one. Might wait entirely b/c of the depth.

TE: Again-avoid top 2-maybe spend on Hernandez...if not Pettigrew or someone else late.

Thoughts/advice?

Here's how my first yahoo auction went.

QB: Ryan

RB: McFadden

RB: Lynch

Flex: Bradshaw

WR: Julio

WR: Maclin

WR: Stevie J

TE: Cook/Gresham

K

D: Seattle

Bench:

Lafell, Cobb, Hunter, Collie, Wright

** If anyone has advice on drop/adds.

TE's like Fleener and Olsen are there. Tons of QB 2s. Flacco, Dalton, Luck, Ponder, A. Smith

I have too many flier wrs and not enough rbs but I'm not sure who to drop.m

I don't trust Collie's head from getting mushed up... Might get a laugh, but I'm watching Amendola and Rod Streater as last WR spot candidates... (ppr)

Is QB Fitzpatrick available by chance?

Rest of your team is similar to what I have in mind... Dmac + sjax/beastmode/fjax + bmarsh/julio... i hope cook/gresham pans out for ya. I may end up something similar.

Curious - what did you pay for Ryan / Dmac / Julio?

and how much did Kevin Smith, Hillis, and Titus go for? If you have that info handy...

I have done some planning and mock drafting and think that waiting on QB value will be the way to go this year. My plan is to nominate the #1 QB I am targeting as early as I can without being crazy and see if I can get him on the cheap. That will free up money for the RB and WR I would be looking for. I also looked at the SOS and found that ATL is looking at a great schedule all year. QB, WR and RB are all in for a treat. I may actually do somthing in this league this year. :thumbsup:

Yahoo 12-team PPR, +1/completion, -1/incomplete, 1/25 return yards

QB Stafford

RB Sproles

RB Bradshaw

WR R White

WR A Brown

WR Colston

TE Witten (ugh)

RB/WR Bowe

RB/WR/TE Decker

WR/TE Mal Floyd

QB/RB/WR/TE Flacco

K Gostkowski

DEF Pats

Bench

DeAngelo, D Wilson, Jacquizz, K Hunter

Pretty happy for the most part. RB depth is lacking a bit, but hopefully I can swing a trade turning one of my WRs into a decent RB. Witten's spleen is my biggest concern - not a lot of decent TE left on the wire.

Just from reading through this thread and others on this site, I really don't think anyone is going to get Matt Ryan at much of a discount. Seems he's being hyped up by EVERYONE. I think you would be better off getting Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers at what should amount to an actual discount. Same can be said for the hype on Julio Jones.

Just from reading through this thread and others on this site, I really don't think anyone is going to get Matt Ryan at much of a discount. Seems he's being hyped up by EVERYONE. I think you would be better off getting Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers at what should amount to an actual discount. Same can be said for the hype on Julio Jones.

Ryan's adp/aav has taken off over the past 3 weeks... I'll probably end up plan B with Cutler.

I have done some planning and mock drafting and think that waiting on QB value will be the way to go this year. My plan is to nominate the #1 QB I am targeting as early as I can without being crazy and see if I can get him on the cheap.

That's an interesting strategy. Does that work? I could see it maybe taking people by surprise. Say, nominating a Matt Ryan, a Brandon Marshall, or say a Doug Martin in the FIRST round where people who don't target specific players (like I do) might be less enthused to compete on a bid? I don't know...auction drafting for the first time this year and need all the advice I can get.

I find in our auction that if you bring anyone out early, he's going to go for more than what he is worth, or more appropriately, for more than what he would go for later in the auction. I tried to bring out a defense early in the auction a couple of years ago and it went for $4 (we have a $100 cap). Having money at the midpoint of our auction is the way to go. Solid value on all positions to be had.

10 team league keeper league we have $200 to spend

Qb-Stafford $33

Qb-

Qb bench

Rb-Mathews $7

Rb-

Rb-

Rb-bench

Wr-Calvin Johnson $39

Wr-Aj Green $7

Wr

Wr-A.Brown $10

Wr-bench

Wr-bench

Te

Te-bench

K-

Dst-

So we start 2 qb, 3rb,4we,1 te, 1k,1 dst...I have 96 spent with 104 for the draft. What would you try to add to this team In a 2 qb league i always try to get 2 elite guys. Last year breese and Brady went for $45 the best, Foster went for 50 and A.Johnson for 40. Who should I target? Guys on my list are Maclin,Vick,Torrey Smith, Not sure I will have enough for an elite RB after I try to get Romo,Vick or Rivers...someone please chime in.

That's an interesting strategy. Does that work? I could see it maybe taking people by surprise. Say, nominating a Matt Ryan, a Brandon Marshall, or say a Doug Martin in the FIRST round where people who don't target specific players (like I do) might be less enthused to compete on a bid? I don't know...auction drafting for the first time this year and need all the advice I can get.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. People are usually looking to spend big money in the first few rounds, when guys like Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Aaron Rodgers, etc. are typically nominated. So if you nominate a guy like Marshall or Doug Martin, you might get people bidding more money than they would in the middle of the auction draft because they are in the "buy now" mindset (and they haven't blown all of their money yet).

But sometimes it works the other way, and people don't bid a lot of money because they're waiting to see if they can get the Fosters and the Rices of the world before going for lower tier guys.

My advice is to give it a shot and react accordingly. If somebody bids a ton of money on your guy, well at least that's less money that player will have to work with later in the draft. If the bidding is quiet, then snatch up your guy.

If you want to play spoiler and make people spend a bit more on their handcuffs than usual, start nominating them around the 2nd round. Seem Players like Tate go for twice as much more.

I don't trust Collie's head from getting mushed up... Might get a laugh, but I'm watching Amendola and Rod Streater as last WR spot candidates... (ppr)

Is QB Fitzpatrick available by chance?

Rest of your team is similar to what I have in mind... Dmac + sjax/beastmode/fjax + bmarsh/julio... i hope cook/gresham pans out for ya. I may end up something similar.

Curious - what did you pay for Ryan / Dmac / Julio?

and how much did Kevin Smith, Hillis, and Titus go for? If you have that info handy...

Kevin Smith and Titus were both steals at 7 and 9 respectively. Yahoo had K. Smith listed at 0. I think we almost forget about him. I can't find Hillis but he was a steal. Less than $10 I think.

Titus was a target of mine but I basically blew all my backup $ on a bidding war on Ryan.

Ryan went for an ungodly 27. Romo $8 earlier. Rivers $12 after. It basically turned out that me and another owner were both waiting on Ryan and were willing to pay an upgrade over Rivers to acquire his services. More than I ever envisioned, or maybe should have paid. At that point in the draft though I had my team for the most part and made a decision to sacrifice the quality of my bench a bit to get Ryan.

McFadden went for $42. Basically CJ2K money as he went for $40. I bid on him earlier and decided to land McFadden when I didn't CJ.

Julio went for $35.

I basically spent all my $ on my top 7 starters. QB, 3 WRS, 3 RBS. All my backups/Te's were 1 or 2 dollar guys.

I mostly like my team but I didn't maximize draft value at all in this one.

Biggest steals of the draft were G. Jennings for like $21 and Romo for $8.

Guys like Royster and Ryan Williams went for next to nothing too.

Kevin Smith and Titus were both steals at 7 and 9 respectively. Yahoo had K. Smith listed at 0. I think we almost forget about him.

Titus was a target of mine but I basically blew all my backup $ on a bidding war on Ryan.

Ryan went for an ungodly 27. Romo $8 earlier. Rivers $12 after. It basically turned out that me and another owner were both waiting on Ryan and were willing to pay an upgrade over Rivers to acquire his services. More than I ever envisioned, or maybe should have paid. At that point in the draft though I had my team for the most part and made a decision to sacrifice the quality of my bench a bit to get Ryan...

Appreciate the insight bud.

Wow that Ryan bidding war is insane, but I can see that scenario unfolding. I think I'll put an absolute ceiling on him at $17. Would like $12-15 in a perfect world. Otherwise, I'll fall back to Cutler as a contingency.

That price on Julio looks just about where I have him tiered.

Thanks for taking the time with your report :cheers:

Worm nailed it!

This is the strategy I like best. It is a painful test of your will power and endurance though. I love drafting but essentially you have to sit there and wait for everyone to spend their money so you can come back in at the tail of the draft and grab your guys. The best value generally comes late, the auto draft function if more than 2-3 teams are on it screws everything up badly.

A lot depends on your league size too, if you are a ten teamer or less definitely get your elite guys. I go nuts and try to get 2 elite RB's and an elite QB for 75% of my cash. There will be a ton of WW help at no cost to you.

In a 12 teamer or leagues with deep benches though stars and scrubs tends to suffer, I would get my 1 elite guy I had to get and then go with value throughout the draft. If your doing a 12 team auction draft you need to run several mock drafts to be ready. The larger leagues in auction style are much tougher than you might expect.

Here's how my first yahoo auction went.

QB: Ryan

RB: McFadden

RB: Lynch

Flex: Bradshaw

WR: Julio

WR: Maclin

WR: Stevie J

TE: Cook/Gresham

K

D: Seattle

Bench:

Lafell, Cobb, Hunter, Collie, Wright

** If anyone has advice on drop/adds.

TE's like Fleener and Olsen are there. Tons of QB 2s. Flacco, Dalton, Luck, Ponder, A. Smith

I have too many flier wrs and not enough rbs but I'm not sure who to drop.m

I LOVE YOUR TEAM

As for add/drops I would drop Lafell and take Olsen

I personally believe that Louis Murphy will end up as the #2 WR in Carolina, and I think Olsen has a ton of upside.

My auction is coming this Sunday. I will report back.

Looks like the only top WRs available will be Fitz, Andre and Wallace (after keeper buys).

Looks like the only top RBs available will be Mojo and AP

Should be crazy bidding wars for those guys.

Also I am dropping Matt Ryan who I could keep at $21 in favor of Peyton Manning at $12.

Very curious to see what Matty will go for on the open market.

I LOVE YOUR TEAM

As for add/drops I would drop Lafell and take Olsen

I personally believe that Louis Murphy will end up as the #2 WR in Carolina, and I think Olsen has a ton of upside.

My auction is coming this Sunday. I will report back.

Looks like the only top WRs available will be Fitz, Andre and Wallace (after keeper buys).

Looks like the only top RBs available will be Mojo and AP

Should be crazy bidding wars for those guys.

Also I am dropping Matt Ryan who I could keep at $21 in favor of Peyton Manning at $12.

Very curious to see what Matty will go for on the open market.

Thanks.

Olsen is on my radar. I still need to get a K before the season so I either need to cut down to 1 TE or cut one of Lafell, Wright, Cobb or Collie.

I think I like Olsen more than Cook so I might make that move in the meantime and wait and see which WR or TE to finally cut before the season...

I aslo kind of want to add either Luck or Freeman as QB 2 for week 7 bye. Luck vs Cleveland-good pass D or Freeman vs NO.

10 team league keeper league we have $200 to spend

Qb-Stafford $33

Qb-

Qb bench

Rb-Mathews $7

Rb-

Rb-

Rb-bench

Wr-Calvin Johnson $39

Wr-Aj Green $7

Wr

Wr-A.Brown $10

Wr-bench

Wr-bench

Te

Te-bench

K-

Dst-

So we start 2 qb, 3rb,4we,1 te, 1k,1 dst...I have 96 spent with 104 for the draft. What would you try to add to this team In a 2 qb league i always try to get 2 elite guys. Last year breese and Brady went for $45 the best, Foster went for 50 and A.Johnson for 40. Who should I target? Guys on my list are Maclin,Vick,Torrey Smith, Not sure I will have enough for an elite RB after I try to get Romo,Vick or Rivers...someone please chime in.

Tough to determine what you should try to add without knowing the best available players at each position. But in general you need RB help (you currently might not have any RB's the first 2-3 weeks) and a solid 2nd QB. I wouldn't really spend much of anything on WR's as I really like the trio you have. Also, I probably wouldn't touch Vick for what he is going to cost you.