Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Matt Flynn

The true colors should shine tonight when the phenom who does no Wrong Russel Wilson gets a taste of a 1st string Def. The media has the biggest hard on ever for this 5-11 midget who can run and has a pretty pass and is very likeable but seriously.

Flynn's pre season numbers have been very middle of the road but not once in the conversation of any media outlet has it been mentioned his perfectly placed 60yd Bomb that hit Terrel Team Destroyer Owens right in the hands was Dropped.

How could they seriously consider a rookie over a guy who has been groomed to be a starter behind aaron rodgers,has experience of reading real NFL defenses, and has two regular season games that meant something and shined beyond expectations???

I could be so wrong on this but think that they need to groom Superman aka Russel do no wrong Wilson.

My vote is for Matt Flynn ..... has nothing to do with him being from my home town. :rolleyes:

I continue to recommend grabbing Flynn in the late-last round of 12-man redrafts as your QB2. He has tremendous value that late as an upside flier....for QB injury insurance, bye-week fill-in, or trade bait if he does well and you have a stud QB1. We have seen what he can potentially do against Detroit last year (breaking the all-time GB passing yards and TD record for a game).....and Detroit was playing to win and Greg Jennings wasn't playing at all. To me, that shouldn't just be ignored.

That said, I continue to be impressed with Wilsons body of work in the preseason, as well. He has something. I still expect Flynn to start and do well (if T.O. can catch the friggin' ball and Rice's two surgically reattached shoulders don't fall off), but if you draft Flynn be certain to monitor the QB situation in Seattle and be ready to pull the trigger on Wilson if there is a change.....and the kid CAN run.

The true colors should shine tonight when the phenom who does no Wrong Russel Wilson gets a taste of a 1st string Def. The media has the biggest hard on ever for this 5-11 midget who can run and has a pretty pass and is very likeable but seriously.

Flynn's pre season numbers have been very middle of the road but not once in the conversation of any media outlet has it been mentioned his perfectly placed 60yd Bomb that hit Terrel Team Destroyer Owens right in the hands was Dropped.

How could they seriously consider a rookie over a guy who has been groomed to be a starter behind aaron rodgers,has experience of reading real NFL defenses, and has two regular season games that meant something and shined beyond expectations???

I could be so wrong on this but think that they need to groom Superman aka Russel do no wrong Wilson.

My vote is for Matt Flynn ..... has nothing to do with him being from my home town. :rolleyes:

Do not under estimate Russel Wilson.

Saw Flynn play for LSU and he was quite average.

Wilson will be the man there. Hope OP did not draft Flynn.

:rolleyes:

A bit strong, but I agree with the sentiment. Two years ago Max Hall looked good in preseason for the Cards. Then he faced #1 defenses... who gameplanned... in games that matter. Not saying Wilson can't do it, but I don't see why they don't just name Flynn the starter and let Wilson learn initially.

shore...what makes you think Wilson will all of a sudden turn into a turnover machine...considering that was never his MO in college or yet in his early pro days...

:thumbsup:

Ouch! Eating those words, lol. But seriously, they have a tough decision in Seattle. Russell looked good.

Any chance they use BOTH during the regular season....or will they settle on a full-time starter?

Wow....did i whiff on that. Congrats to Wilson on a very very good game tonight. Boy do they have a decision to make.

I still would start Flynn but have to eat some CROW on this one. The kid showed up.

Good job Russell Wilson. :thumbsup:

ps....advice to all, beware of any advice from the Cornhole....Cornkobb. :rolleyes:

Flynn's pre season numbers have been very middle of the road...

When did 17/26 PaAtt , 102 PaYds, 6 PaYds/Att, ZERO TD, 1 PaInt in two halves against starters become middle of the road?! Russell Wilson has outplayed Flynn all preseason.

shore...what makes you think Wilson will all of a sudden turn into a turnover machine...considering that was never his MO in college or yet in his early pro days...

Dude who said it is a 49ers fan.

When did 17/26 PaAtt , 102 PaYds, 6 PaYds/Att, ZERO TD, 1 PaInt in two halves against starters become middle of the road?! Russell Wilson has outplayed Flynn all preseason.

Dude who said it is a 49ers fan.

Your right devil. the stats are not good except for a 65% completion percentage and a perfectly thrown 60yd bomb thrown in perfect stride to the TO drop machine. you may have missed that on espn NOT TOP TEN. Although i cant count ....what ifs.

Still the Kid Russel Wilson has played very very good tonight vs KC starting Def. Gotta give it to him.

Poor Flynn, finally gets traded to be the man for a team and gets the bench yet again. On the other hand, he gets a ton of cash to NOT get blown up by huge lineman. Best job in the world, backup qb.

He was the most efficient quarterback in 2011, earning a 191.78 QB rating, a full 22 points higher than Luck.

People knock him for his size, yet hes the same size as Brees, who has been shattering records for the last few years AND he's just as accurate.

If he doesnt start, it's a huge mistake. The kid earned it and if you dont play your best players, you will lose the team!

If Wilson were 6'4" he would have been a top 5 pick. He has absolutely everything you need except height. He makes the correct reads, has a big arm and can move. He can also move. He moves to throw the ball, not to run.

He is an incredibly smart and hard working player as well.. He was named the captain at Wisc after a couple weeks on the team.

If Wilson were 6'4" he would have been a top 5 pick. He has absolutely everything you need except height. He makes the correct reads, has a big arm and can move. He can also move. He moves to throw the ball, not to run.

He is an incredibly smart and hard working player as well.. He was named the captain at Wisc after a couple weeks on the team.

I'm loving me some Russell Wilson right now. He also had the largest hands for a QB in the draft and has a high release point. There are 6'4 QBs that release the ball right by their ear. To me it looks like Wilson is slinging it above his head and his balls have some heat. I think Wilson can also make plays with his feet and is very hard defend when rolling out and having the option to run or throw to three different levels.

Do not under estimate Russel Wilson.

:thumbsup:

Russell Wilson runs away with starting QB job Russell Wilson completed 13-of-19 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns and rushed twice for 58 yards in Friday night's preseason start against Kansas City.

Wilson led an all-out assault on Kansas City's first-team defense, engineering six scores (three FGs, three TDs) on his first six drives. He wound up playing seven possessions, the seventh ending on a 51-yard missed field goal. Wilson continued his August magic and has almost certainly won Seattle's starting job over Matt Flynn, who didn't dress for the game due to a sore elbow. Through three preseason games, Wilson is 35-of-52 (67.3 percent) for 464 yards (8.92 YPA), five touchdowns, and one interception. He's rushed 10 times for 150 yards and a sixth score. Wilson certainly has high-upside QB2 potential for the regular season. If you bet against the guy, chances are you're going to lose. Aug 24 - 11:28 PM

If he tries to make some of those throws against regular season starters he made against the second teamers, things would have worked out much different for him. Kid just takes too many chances

If he tries to make some of those throws against regular season starters he made against the second teamers, things would have worked out much different for him. Kid just takes too many chances

Wilson has just a great feel for the game and I think he has a special ability for quick spacial reasoning. He seems to put his passes in places where only his guy can catch and he is able to make quick reads to get the ball where it needs to be. His scrambling ability would put him in the top 4 qbs in the league and in fantasy that will be a MAJOR bonus. He will get some rushing yards and some rushing TDs both by design on bootlegs and by improvising.

Wilson has just a great feel for the game and I think he has a special ability for quick spacial reasoning. He seems to put his passes in places where only his guy can catch and he is able to make quick reads to get the ball where it needs to be. His scrambling ability would put him in the top 4 qbs in the league and in fantasy that will be a MAJOR bonus. He will get some rushing yards and some rushing TDs both by design on bootlegs and by improvising.

People who are not familiar with Wilson don't understand that he is wise way beyond his years. The guy gets it and he is a winner.

As much as Wilson impressed during the pre-season, I'd still feel more comfortable have Flynn start the season. He's got more experience and we need that for this team