Sign in to follow this  
Turcaso

Ended up with Stafford and Matt Ryan

8th draft position ppr 1 flex.....I went in thinking on waiting for Matty Ice in the 4th. I ended up taking Stafford at #8 because top 3 QB's were gone and I wanted Mr. Stafford. I took J Charles in the 2nd .... and then S Jax was there in the 3rd. I got Harvin in the 4th..... so I'm behind on Wr's when my pick at 5.8 comes back there was Matty Ice...after Cam went at 1.11, Vick in the 3rd, Eli and even Schaub was off the board. I took Matt Ryan because I though the value was too high.

Here is the 18 man roster 12 teams

QB: Stafford, M Ryan, Fitzpatrick, R Martin

RB: J Charles, S Jax, D Brown, R Jennings, I Pead

WR: Percy, R Wayne, J Blackmon, L Moore, Amendola

TE: Keller

D: NYG

K: Bryant

Will I be better off having that QB depth to trade latter on to fill any roster holes?

You've got holes everywhere except QB my friend.

Rb's seem solid to me.

You burnt a 1st rounder on a QB & then took another one 4 rounds later because the value was too high to pass on? You're in trouble if you can't find a trade partner to strengthen your WR position.

Who did you pass up to get Matt Ryan? You will be able to trade him later in the year for a quality WR or RB.

Yeah I'll look to trade either him, or Stafford, I could have landed Stevey Johnson, Garcon, B Lloyd....I got Reggie Wayne in the 6th and decided that having Ryan as trade bate was better then having 2 of that group of wr's .... I like Justin Blackmon as a wr3.

Yeah I'll look to trade either him, or Stafford, I could have landed Stevey Johnson, Garcon, B Lloyd....I got Reggie Wayne in the 6th and decided that having Ryan as trade bate was better then having 2 of that group of wr's .... I like Justin Blackmon as a wr3.

Except you'll probably just get what you should've gotten and could've gotten in the 4th round if you trade Ryan. No one's going to give you their 1st or 2nd pick for Ryan and probably not their 3rd unless they're in super need of a QB. You won't find that out for the first few weeks though unless there's an injury....so...

You kind of messed up yourself there!

Except you'll probably just get what you should've gotten and could've gotten in the 4th round if you trade Ryan. No one's going to give you their 1st or 2nd pick for Ryan and probably not their 3rd unless they're in super need of a QB. You won't find that out for the first few weeks though unless there's an injury....so...

Maybe not if Matt Ryan has the type of start most think he will.....someone will give up a top end talent who is off to a slow start.......I think.

What was Stafford trade value last year?

I like your RBs and WRs (including Wayne and Blackmon) just fine.

Yeah...me too. I think that Matt Ryan is a chip to use town the road, not that I need to make an immediate move.

Not so fast. This is a 12 team league don't forget. I play in mostly 10 team leagues and there is ALWAYS at least 1 team with QB issues. If you don't have at least a solid QB then the chances of winning are slim. There are always guys that go down making a trade for a quality QB a must have. There have been a few of us that have talked about trading away backup QBs that were drafted for that purpose and won championships because of it. If this were a 10 team league then I would be concerned. Its a 12 teamer though which gives your team more flexibility with its weak spots.

Damn why so hard on this guy he drafted a great team. Someone will be trading for Ryan guarantee

He will finish top 5.

You probably need to be dealing Stafford, not Ryan. Find someone whose draft didn't go so well at QB and see if you can snake a 2nd-round type WR/RB from him.

Yea I would definitely trade one of those two....ecru time I end up having two good qbs It always makes my brain hurt every Sunday trying to figure out who to play....and it never fails no matter how good the marchioness I should have played the other lmao...

U should be able to get a solid wr or RB out of Stafford

You probably need to be dealing Stafford, not Ryan. Find someone whose draft didn't go so well at QB and see if you can snake a 2nd-round type WR/RB from him.

That's an option as well....dealing Stafford or Matt.... I will wait and see who has the better perceived value after the season starts...and how desperate another team is.

That's an option as well....dealing Stafford or Matt.... I will wait and see who has the better perceived value after the season starts...and how desperate another team is.

and until you do that, you're fielding a starting lineup with your 5th Round pick on your bench.

Your team is weaker than the rest because of this.

That's just a drafting mistake.

After our Draft, we keep the Draft Board up, and as we get drunk start ripping wthose that had a bad draft......yours would be the one "Look what this ###### did...took his backup QB instead of these starting WRs"

Rule of thumb...you'll never get the likes of the WRs/RBs that were available. You have to pray for Matty Ice to go off at home, against a chit team right away, and someone desparate.

Problem w/ QBs, theres 32 NFL Teaam, and most guys only draft 2....leaving WW QBs, instead of a owner losing a nice WR.

We all know how he plays, on the road....not so Ice.....that's what separates him from Flacco...he can win on the road against Patriots / Steelers, even inte Playoffs, no way for Matty Ice, needs to be home, indoor on carpet.

The year Matty "Ice" won Rookie of the Year....Flacco was also a Rookie and took his team to the AFC Championship game.....they awarded Rookie of the year after the Regular Season.

Sorry for the drail.

and until you do that, you're fielding a starting lineup with your 5th Round pick on your bench.

After our Draft, we keep the Draft Board up, and as we get drunk start ripping wthose that had a bad draft......yours would be the one "Look what this ###### did...took his backup QB instead of these starting WRs"

Rule of thumb...you'll never get the likes of the WRs/RBs that were available. You have to pray for Matty Ice to go off at home, against a chit team right away, and someone desparate.

Problem w/ QBs, theres 32 NFL Teaam, and most guys only draft 2....leaving WW QBs, instead of a owner losing a nice WR.

We all know how he plays, on the road....not so Ice.....that's what separates him from Flacco...he can win on the road against Patriots / Steelers, even inte Playoffs, no way for Matty Ice, needs to be home, indoor on carpet.

The year Matty "Ice" won Rookie of the Year....Flacco was also a Rookie and took his team to the AFC Championship game.....they awarded Rookie of the year after the Regular Season.

Sorry for the drail.

I think you are undervaluing Matt....and you don't crush other drafters who take a backup rb or wr before filling out their entire lineup card. They start games with 5th rounders on bench too. I guess you are the guy who takes defense and kickers first so you don't make the mistake of taking a backup before a starter

I play in a 12 team league and one or two owners usually will sell there souls for a stud QB after they start getting waxed early. If Ryan starts fast and goes nuts he could easily get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a trade.

I play in a 12 team league and one or two owners usually will sell there souls for a stud QB

after they start getting waxed early. If Ryan starts fast and goes nuts he could easily get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a trade.

Totally agree...its 2012. Stud QB is what you need....and when you don't have on you hate your fantasy life....try playing qbbc will last 2 weeks

Julio and Roddy are going in 1st 3 rounds yet people continent to overlook who is throwing to them

Btw Ryan has easiest qb schedule this year

I'm not going to bash anyone for the way they draft because in my 15 seasons of fantasy football I have seen some picks that I assumed to be stupid and crazy take a team to the playoffs. Honestly I think we all have. But the qestion for you is are willing to take a higher round pick thats not preforming to their ADP but still has a up side or a later round pick that is playing at a higher level than expected.

We all know how he plays, on the road....not so Ice.....that's what separates him from Flacco...he can win on the road against Patriots / Steelers, even inte Playoffs, no way for Matty Ice, needs to be home, indoor on carpet

Sorry for the drail.

When you and your drunk friends are wollowing over your own shitty Wr's after week 3, like D Jax sucking it up again, or Vincent Jackson not fitting in in Tampa or Dwayne Bowe suffering from bad qb play and a big run attack - I will be landing a WR1 with Matt Ryan... :thumbsup:

Leave the board up!

I for one think your only major hole is at TE. Your WR's will be fine. That is if you can guess the right week to play the right guy. They all will be solid just inconsistent.

I too think you'll have no problem trading one of your QB's but if you don't get a TE or WR that you can plug in and leave in. don't trade one of them just to trade one.

I for one think your only major hole is at TE. Your WR's will be fine. That is if you can guess the right week to play the right guy. They all will be solid just inconsistent.

I too think you'll have no problem trading one of your QB's but if you don't get a TE or WR that you can plug in and leave in. don't trade one of them just to trade one.

I agree.....Keller in my opinion is the only Jet worth starting....and it's close. He has had productive periods in the past and he is in a contract year. (70 800 7)

I like your RBs and WRs (including Wayne and Blackmon) just fine.

Yeah, not sure why people are saying he is weak there. Wayne should be very solid and Harvin will produce receiving and running. Blackmon is a solid WR3 in my opinion and you have Amendola as your WR5. RB's are solid too especially with grabbing Stafford in the first round. I actually like your team even with you grabbing Ryan in the 5th. Someone will trade with you and if he blows up first couple of weeks, you could definitely get someones 3rd round pick depending on who. Maybe you upgrade your TE.

Yeah, not sure why people are saying he is weak there. Wayne should be very solid and Harvin will produce receiving and running. Blackmon is a solid WR3 in my opinion and you have Amendola as your WR5. RB's are solid too especially with grabbing Stafford in the first round. I actually like your team even with you grabbing Ryan in the 5th. Someone will trade with you and if he blows up first couple of weeks, you could definitely get someones 3rd round pick depending on who. Maybe you upgrade your TE.

Aaron Hernandez was the pick before my descion on Matt Ryan.... I definately would have gone that route. Missed Gonzo by one pick I think in the 8th round......that's just the way it went down. I did pick up Bennett with the Giants later on......forgot to list that.

1. who cares

2. never draft for trade bait. rookie mistake :lol: no one HAS to give you a RB or WR for Ryan and no one HAS to give you "fair value". You wont get anything better than what you could have simply drafted.

1. who cares

2. never draft for trade bait. rookie mistake :lol: no one HAS to give you a RB or WR for Ryan and no one HAS to give you "fair value". You wont get anything better than what you could have simply drafted.

I agree you never draft specifically for trade bait but you are kind of doing it regardless. He went BPA in his draft which typically nets you a team full of better players, rather than reaching for players just because of roster needs. He will have a great backup and also a great trading chip. I don't quite get the "no one HAS to give you a RB or WR for Ryan" or "no one HAS to give you "fair value." I mean yes this is true that no one has to do anything. No one has to even put a starting lineup in. Sure the site may require it but if you honestly do not want to put your starting lineup in then you don't have to, even if it means being kicked out of the league.

If you have a valuable commodity in ffball someone will want it. If you have 2 top 6 QB you are going to be able to trade one of them.

I am wondering if you are saying that no one ever trades QB in your league? I think the one advantage to drafting a second quality QB is you can be more flexible in who you target. You can draft 1 other player at that spot and you have 1 shot to get it right. If you have a QB that performs at a high level you will have more options to choose from that have panned out through the season, instead of resting your hopes on the one other player.

1. who cares

You say I'm a rookie .... but what you wrote is just stupid. Dumb veteran?

Does this ever make sense?

6 points passing. I'm holding Brees.

Ryan still on the board...7th round.

** Sidenote...I also have Sproles/Graham...in a perfect world dealing Brees makes some sense.

Does this ever make sense?

6 points passing. I'm holding Brees.

Ryan still on the board...7th round.

** Sidenote...I also have Sproles/Graham...in a perfect world dealing Brees makes some sense.

I drafted A.Rodgers and took Ryan when he was still there around the 7th

6 pts per td pass

my league mates don't sleep on many guys so I jumped