Sign in to follow this  
fantasy master

Bryant

Dez Bryant (knee) was running pass patterns in pre-game warmups ahead of Wednesday night's preseason finale.

Lost in the silly debate about Bryant's new off-field behavioral program is the fact that he's recovering from patella tendinitis. While he was not seen running at top speed, the fact that Bryant is moving around should be some confirmation his recovery is on schedule. He's a virtual lock to start on September 5.

I have Bryant as my #2 and Britt as my #3 in a start 2 and a flex (WR TE) league. That is either gonna be really good, or they are both gonna drink themselves out of football. Should be fun.

I'm not a homer, but interested in any viewpoints. I see Dez as the best candidate to take a monster leap this year. His talent is off the charts and even though it seems ridiculous, all these safeguards might really help. Dez isn't just trying to deal with being a 23-year-old millionaire; I think he's still trying to figure what it means to be a 23-year-old human.

There were reports that Bryant is underachieving because he doesn't really knows the routes and plays. We're the reports wrong or do people think he straightened himself out?

There were reports that Bryant is underachieving because he doesn't really knows the routes and plays. We're the reports wrong or do people think he straightened himself out?

When did you hear those reports? All the info I've heard from camp and preseason this year were positive. I believe that what you are saying was a huge factor in his disappointment last year though.

When did you hear those reports? All the info I've heard from camp and preseason this year were positive. I believe that what you are saying was a huge factor in his disappointment last year though.

Sorry. Forgot to add. That was last year. You think he will turn himself around this year? What's the difference?

Sorry. Forgot to add. That was last year. You think he will turn himself around this year? What's the difference?

Everything I've read preseason about Bryant this year has been positive, except for smacking his ma in the face with a hat. I think he could be underrated this year. Once a knucklehead always a knucklehead but this year he seems pretty focused on becoming better and this could be the year to own him. Dallas wants him to be the #1 badly.

Magical 3 year WR jump. Banged up witten, Austin. He is the guy I want.

He's got patellar tendinitis...all of Romo's targets are banged up.

Most don't realize - Dez's off the field problems are usually off-season occurances. Once the season starts, his personal woes are rarely a factor. As such, I doubt the new "rules" will have much impact. What worries me about Bryant is what always worries me - his health and his football intelligence, or lack thereof I should say. Up till the knee bump he was looking like a beast in camp - a man among boys. But until he gets his head out of his ass and starts to be where it is Romo expects him to be on the field - he's always going to be a huge risk. I swear if we could get Witten's brain into Dez's body - you'd have a super force that would be damn near unstoppable.

Bottom line - don't worry about the new rules, worry about his pea brain and health.

Where are people drafting Dez right now? He was not one of my targets but I considered him a value in the 50's of a 10 teamer. Im curious to know where Dez is being picked in other leagues, and where you would take him.

Where are people drafting Dez right now? He was not one of my targets but I considered him a value in the 50's of a 10 teamer. Im curious to know where Dez is being picked in other leagues, and where you would take him.

I am in a 12 team PPR where I was the 4th pick. I got Dez near the end of the 4th round. Surprised he dropped that far.

I got him at 5.07 in a 12-team league on Friday. Big QB run early pushed a lot of quality players down. Too much potential not to jump then.

I should also point out that it was an online Yahoo draft, and Yahoo has Dez rated in the early 20s at WR. Rankings of the site you use really matter; I expect that if they had him, say, #6 like Doug Orth's big board, he would have gone two rounds earlier.

I think people are really undervaluing him this year. He had 9 TDs and almost 1,000 yds last year while basically playing 1/2 of each game. He also lost a lot of red-zone TDs to L Robinson, who is now gone. If he is as motivated as they are saying this year, his 3rd, he is a LOCK for double-digit TDs and should have near 15 by season's end.

I reached a bit for him @ 3.9 in a 14-teamer, but I believe he will finish top 5 this year. :pointstosky:

I got Dez in the 5th middle of a 12 teamer, but see nothing wrong with grabbing him in the 4th especailly if you think he'll be top 10.

Yes--the reason I actually didn't take him at 4.06 in that 12-teamer was his Yahoo rank. There were 5 or 6 WRs still listed ahead of him and I figured he might come back around, so I took Harvin instead. Worked out. I definitely value Dez in the 4th given his upside.

Can I count on Dez for 1300 and 10 this year? I would be ecstatic with those #s. Are most of you playing him at WR1, WR2, or neither?

Had him the last 2 years and it was awful...after he was diagnosed with a knee prob this off!season coupled with his momma slapping I put him on dnd draft list and very happy not to have him and his disappointing weekly target number. Those TDs he got made his weekly stat line look respectable. He is probably still romos 3rd option behind miles and whitten

Pass

He is probably still romos 3rd option behind miles and whitten

I thought Dez was the top receiver on the depth chart? And I think Witten's gotta deal with that lacerated spleen before he can starting taking Dez's throws.

The added security and rules should only help Dez improve over last year. It shows that he has matured and that is a step in the right direction.

He's got patellar tendinitis...all of Romo's targets are banged up.

that's basically fatigue from overuse, not an injury. dez worked like a madman in the offseason to get his body where it needs to be. as you mentioned, reports from camp have been that he has also put serious effort into truly understanding his role in the offense, and this effort has really paid off in terms of his connection with romo. i have always been a big fan of austin, even before he cracked the starting lineup, but after this preseason i'm willing to admit that dez is set to move into the #1 role. i'm expecting a 1 and 1a kind of arrangement with the numbers fairly close, but i think dez will be on top by the end of the season.

draft value is another matter.

Had him the last 2 years and it was awful...after he was diagnosed with a knee prob this off!season coupled with his momma slapping I put him on dnd draft list and very happy not to have him and his disappointing weekly target number. Those TDs he got made his weekly stat line look respectable. He is probably still romos 3rd option behind miles and whitten

Pass

They WANT Dez to be the #1 in Dallas. He has the talent to be right up there with Megatron, Julio Jones , and AJ Green. This is his 3rd year and reports are that he is focused, dedicated and catching everything in sight and is finally on the same page as Romo. He had 8 and 9 TDs his 1st 2 years and is poised to take a big jump up this year (12-15, IMO). This is NOT last year's Dez Bryant.

I'll never understand a DND list. Everyone is draft-able at the right price.

I am in a 12 team PPR where I was the 4th pick. I got Dez near the end of the 4th round. Surprised he dropped that far.

Thats about right

There was a post at FBG's saying Bold Predictions for 2012. I posted that I think the Dallas babysitting of Dez Bryant works this year and he leads all WR's with 18td's. Some may think that's a bit much but it could happen especially if Austin's hammy bothers him all year and despite having Murray they will throw the ball. Hopefully Dez has learned the route tree and performs them correctly. If he does he's in for a big year.

Can someone with knowledge of the Giants secondary tell me who is matching up with Dez all game, and whether it's a favorable matchup for him? There's a lot of big name players in the Cowboys/Giants Wednesday night game, so I'm sure we all have a lot riding on it.

Dez Bryant - WR - Dallas Cowboys Posted 9/5/12 12:03pm et

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant will be the team's punt returner in Week 1 when the field position presents an opportunity for him to make a play. "We'll let that (depend) on the situation in the game," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "That's usually the way we've done it with him. You want to give him an opportunity to have one in the situation that will allow him for a return, not just downing the ball. So, we'll look at the times in the game and see when that happens."

Why do they keep jacking around with him on special teams? Not very smart....

I've always felt Red and Clowny do it bcoz they have zero confidence in the offense - specifically the offensive line. Imo they feel they need all the help they can get to get the ball moving down the field - have no faith they can generate yardage on their own.