Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Kevin Smith

He was probably not drafted as one of your starting running backs. However, with Best and Leshoure out, do you dare start him over one of your running backs you drafted ahead of him? It's very tempting vs a STL defenses that might be down 99-0 after the first half. On paper you can't ask for a better matchup with all the stars aligning for this particular week. But Are you going to bench one of your first running backs drafted to start him this week? In addition, there is a 50/50 chance that Kevin Smith will get injured again for the umpteenth time focking you possibly again.

Jamaal Charles would have to take the bench for me - UGH

This is not a WSIS post. More of a who would - or - are you benching_______________ for Kevin should be golden week 1 Smith:)

I would go with my horses despite the tempting matchup, only because of Smith's ever-present durability issues. However, you could certainly do a lot worse than Smith if you didn't have two solid options ahead of him.

I am playing him in my flex, in my .5 ppr league over D.Bowe, C.Benson, and W.McGahee. None of which are the sexist options, but there you go.

I am starting him in ALL 3 of my leagues as a flex option. If you have a shallow league that only starts 2 RB's though, then I could see why some people might sit him. You can't really ask for a better matchup though.

I'm stacked at WR but weak at RB after Rice. It's Smith or Gerhardt this week and I'm rolling with Smith. There will be no better matchup out there for him all year. :dunno:

I am playing him in my flex, in my .5 ppr league over D.Bowe, C.Benson, and W.McGahee. None of which are the sexist options, but there you go.

Same scoring....starting as flex in that one. Other options include Spiller, Ingram & Nate W.

In a full PPR I'm sitting him for Ridley. The only concern really this week is if he gets injured during the game. Other than that its a great match up in PPR.

I want to start him but the league I have him I have (and its a non ppr)

SJax, Ridley, Lynch, Gerhart, Tate and Smith

i'm in the same boat as you... i'm really tempted to start him, but i have depth at the position.

Steven Jackson/ Doug Martin will be getting the start while Ridley, K. Smtih, and Ronnie Brown ride the pine.

I'm kind of hoping Smith blows up this week so i can work him in a trade for a decent WR as my corp is a little lacking

I'm not benching Rice or DMC for him, that's a given.

I am considering Smith @ flex. Right now I have Dougie Fresh in. I'm seriously considering Smith tho.

:dunno:

It's 65/35 Dougie.

I'm stacked at WR but weak at RB after Rice. It's Smith or Gerhardt this week and I'm rolling with Smith. There will be no better matchup out there for him all year. :dunno:

This is my situation, too. 14 team PPR, went WR WR WR in the my draft. My other RBs are Donald Brown, Peyton Hillis and Kendall Hunter - pretty weak at RB, but I like my chances.

Starting him and saying a prayer for his health

I think.the lions backfield will produce this year in one form or another but it will not always be a smooth ride

I got, DMC & SJax starting...rolling with Smith at Flex in .5ppr over the likes of:

R.Jennings

S.Ridley

DHB

J.Blackmon

D.Amendola

I've been agonizing over Smith or F Jax at flex for the entire week...

F Jax draws NYJ, which have looked good (defensively) and Smith gets STL. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but for this week...

I got, DMC & SJax starting...rolling with Smith at Flex in .5ppr over the likes of:

R.Jennings

S.Ridley

DHB

J.Blackmon

D.Amendola

I have made virtually the same decision in 2 .5ppr leagues - only now I also have Tate in the mix in one, and I'm tempted to pull Fred Jackson and insert Ridley in the other.

This is my situation, too. 14 team PPR, went WR WR WR in the my draft. My other RBs are Donald Brown, Peyton Hillis and Kendall Hunter - pretty weak at RB, but I like my chances.

I lucked into Rice in the first and went TE WR WR WR QB after that. I need to hope a RB emerges in DET or get lucky on the waiver wire I guess.

I've been agonizing over Smith or F Jax at flex for the entire week...

F Jax draws NYJ, which have looked good (defensively) and Smith gets STL. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but for this week...

Similar question - but I have Smith and Jackson as starters in for now, with Ridley and Jennings on the bench. I'm really torn whether I should sit Jackson and play Ridley or Jennings. Jackson was an incredible performer before he got hurt last year, and the Jets don't have the offense to keep up with the Bills IMO; that's why he's in.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm starting Charles and Martin with Smith as my flex....I drafted him late hoping to play him exclusively there all season if he can stay healthy. Not that I think he will but having a starting RB as your flex just sounded like a solid option.

I had a $25 bet he outscores bradshaw so I am hoping he blows up

Wow...I have a $50 dollar bet he outscores Bradshaw and immediately regretted the decisions thinking I at least deserved 2:1 odds. I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one who was suckered into this bet!

Anyway, Smith is a top 12, low-end RB1 option in PPR leagues this week. If you have a RB who you don't think or isn't expected to break the top 12, sit him for Smith.

I'm not sure if I want to start K. Smith over Gore. All this Smith talk has made m change my line up 4 times and I'm still confused.

Any Advice?

I'm not sure if I want to start K. Smith over Gore. All this Smith talk has made m change my line up 4 times and I'm still confused.

Any Advice?

I don't think this decision is close - you have to play Kevin Smith.

I don't think this decision is close - you have to play Kevin Smith.

+1

Smith or Martin? .5 PPR

Both should be top 12, both have pros/cons.

:wall:

Smith or Martin? .5 PPR

I think Smith edges Martin here (and I like Martin too), for three reasons:

1) DET is far more likely to play with the lead in the 2nd half;

2) We've seen what Smith can do in real games, against weak opponents;

3) Martin has Blount to spell him; Smith has...less.

Smith or Martin? .5 PPR

Almost as bad as Fjax or Smith. Tampa at home, Schiano establishing his team's running identity, Martin as a 3 down back versus Smith's juicy matchup and likelihood DET will be up early and run all day long....

As mensa said, decisions decisions.

Almost as bad as Fjax or Smith. Tampa at home, Schiano establishing his team's running identity, Martin as a 3 down back versus Smith's juicy matchup and likelihood DET will be up early and run all day long....

As mensa said, decisions decisions.

Once Detroit gets up big we may see Williams spelling Smith..

Starting K Smith at the flex spot this week. I didn't draft him as a starter and I'm not benching any starters to play him. Comes down to K Smith, Wayne or T Smith at the flex and this week Kevin gets the nod.

Probably one of the best chances he'll have all year with Best and LeWhatsisname out and going up against the Rams.

In some cases I understand SoS on K.Smith, but to throw him in there under the premise "this might be the only week worth starting him" is retarded. I just don't get this way of thinking.

I start the player that will put up the most points....PERIOD.

If you drafted Smith just so you could start him wk 1, raise your hands.

:rolleyes:

This week I have Kevin Smith ranked equal with Steven Jackson and Fred Jackson.

This week I would start Kevin Smith over Gore, Peterson, Lynch, Turner, Foster (this week only), J.Charles (close call), McGahee, Redman, Bush.

Starting Kevin Smith over Frank Gore in one league

Starting Jamaal Charles over Kevin Smith in another

At least I have him going in one league

This is my final decision :wacko:

I'm not benching Rice or DMC for him, that's a given.

I am considering Smith @ flex. Right now I have Dougie Fresh in. I'm seriously considering Smith tho.

It's 65/35 Dougie.

I have a similar situation. I have to choose between Dougie/Smith/Brandon Marshall at the flex.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with an RB at the flex so Marshall will be benched. If this were last season I would start Smith with no hesitation based on how terrible the Rams defense was....but I just have a feeling that this ain't the same old Rams this year. I smell a trap game.

I hear the weather in Tampa is pretty bad, which would be great for the running game. So I'm putting Dougie in and hoping for the best. :bandana: