Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Anyone Liking Seattle's D on Monday Night?

I know it's Green Bay, but on national TV Monday night, that stadium is going to be rocking. I don't know, the last time I remember Seattle playing at home on a Monday night, that crowd and defense was fired up.

I'm scared to use them against GB. I also have Buffalo vs. Cleveland so I'm going to roll with Buffalo. I think it's a safer pick.

I think we got a very good chance to beat them monday. We have the best monday night football winning percentage out of every team in the NFL, and we're playing at home. The packers offense is very one dimensional and will be even more so against our good run defense. I'll be very surprised if the packers manage over 60 yards rushing total on the day. We also have one of the best secondaries in the league. Only part of the packers offense that's going to worry me going into monday is the Tight Ends. If you're reading this and got Finley and for some reason aren't planning on starting him, please do. He'll be the biggest scoring threat on Monday because Seattle's d has got everything else covered.

If our offense can actually make stuff happen this week i think we'll have a pretty good shot at winning.

Our defense is a must start, even against the packers.

I am as big a homer as anyone and have actually convinced myself we have a chance in this game. But come on against the Packers? No way we can hold down that offense our defense is great at home but its not special enough to hold down one of the top 2 offenses in the league.

Your praying for a pick six to swing the night for you, unless Green Bays special teams have been noticeably bad that is? We have blocked a punt and Leon Washington is a stud kick returner, he almost single handedly won the Arizona game for us in week 1 but our offense blew it. I have to think their are better options, but as a homer, I am totally trotting them out in every league I have them in.

I think we got a very good chance to beat them monday. We have the best monday night football winning percentage out of every team in the NFL, and we're playing at home. The packers offense is very one dimensional and will be even more so against our good run defense. I'll be very surprised if the packers manage over 60 yards rushing total on the day. We also have one of the best secondaries in the league. Only part of the packers offense that's going to worry me going into monday is the Tight Ends. If you're reading this and got Finley and for some reason aren't planning on starting him, please do. He'll be the biggest scoring threat on Monday because Seattle's d has got everything else covered.

If our offense can actually make stuff happen this week i think we'll have a pretty good shot at winning.

Our defense is a must start, even against the packers.

What, one dimensional? Are you joking? They have the Great Cedric Benson leading one of the most threatening rushing attacks in the league. And Aaron Rodgers is nowhere near the talent at QB as Cedric Benson is at RB, but he's not really that bad either. With Cedric Benson putting insane pressure on the Seahawks, Rodgers will be free to throw to wide open WRs off of the deadly Cedric Benson-fueled play action fakes. When you fake to Cedric Benson the entire defense gets sucked in like some sort of black hole.

Pray, just pray that you can survive the Bensoning. You can not hope to stop him, nor even contain him, merely survive his onslaught.

What, one dimensional? Are you joking? They have the Great Cedric Benson leading one of the most threatening rushing attacks in the league. And Aaron Rodgers is nowhere near the talent at QB as Cedric Benson is at RB, but he's not really that bad either. With Cedric Benson putting insane pressure on the Seahawks, Rodgers will be free to throw to wide open WRs off of the deadly Cedric Benson-fueled play action fakes. When you fake to Cedric Benson the entire defense gets sucked in like some sort of black hole.

Pray, just pray that you can survive the Bensoning. You can not hope to stop him, nor even contain him, merely survive his onslaught.

:clap:

I am as big a homer as anyone and have actually convinced myself we have a chance in this game. But come on against the Packers? No way we can hold down that offense our defense is great at home but its not special enough to hold down one of the top 2 offenses in the league.

Your praying for a pick six to swing the night for you, unless Green Bays special teams have been noticeably bad that is? We have blocked a punt and Leon Washington is a stud kick returner, he almost single handedly won the Arizona game for us in week 1 but our offense blew it. I have to think their are better options, but as a homer, I am totally trotting them out in every league I have them in.

Exactly. I mean, if you have them, go ahead and play them since they are good and all. But pick them up to play the Packers? :wacko:

My league rewards return yardage, making Seattle a really nice D to own. But no, I'm not playing them against GB on Monday night.

Playing them mostly because of lack of better options. Their D is good and I could see them holding GB to 21-27 points tonight. Not that it's great but they get a couple sacks and a pick and it wont be a terrible night.

I am a die hard Seahawk fan and it sucks when you have a starting QB against your favorite team. We don't play a team D but use IDPs instead. I could see a Seattle DB being a good play Monday. They will have much opportunity for a pick or two. I just can't bench Rogers. My other QB is Luck. Just can't do it.

I like the Seahawks D and own them in two leagues - rolling with them in one sitting them for the Bears in the other. The Seattle D just doesn't seem to get enough sacks/pressure on the QB. If that continues, Rodgers will pick them apart. Heck, even the great defensive effort last week wouldn't look so good if Witten didn't drop 5 balls that hit his hands.

They're tough against the run and have a big, physical secondary with uber-playmaker Earl Thomas getting in on everything. Chris Clemons is the only guy that can consistently get to the quarterback and the pass-rush is still pretty lackluster.

Even without a lot of pressure, the team's ability to force turnovers is what makes it valuable. That and special teams have been HUGE the first two weeks of the season.

It isn't ideal starting them against the Packers but the potential for big plays can offset the points Green Bay will inevitably put up.

If this game was in GB, then I wouldnt....Seattle at home is a different beast it seems, and with the game being on Natl TV, and GB's offense yet to prove its been damn near unstopable as its been the past 2 seasons..could be a sneaky good start..

We all missed an extremely important fact as well, the Packers are coming off 11 days of rest. I have to think McCarthy is good enough to find any weaknesses and exploit them.

Of course the homer in me is saying that means the offense will be rusty for a quarter and maybe we can get a lead and then turn the defense loose? :unsure: ...I still think Rodgers is good enough to find the open player if we rush 5 and we have to, to generate a pass rush.

I still think Rodgers is good enough to find the open player if we rush 5 and we have to, to generate a pass rush.

That's the key right there. If Irvin was ready to put on his big boy pants I'd feel a lot better about our chances.

There's probably a lot worse D's to play than Seattle this week. I don't think they're gonna tear it up though. Play them if you're ok with a couple of sack, an INT, maybe 2 as the secondary isn't bad. Rodgers will be the Packs leading rusher wuith 1 td and he's gonna have at least a couple through the air. I say Rodgers wakes up and hangs 30 points on Seattle.

I know it's Green Bay, but on national TV Monday night, that stadium is going to be rocking. I don't know, the last time I remember Seattle playing at home on a Monday night, that crowd and defense was fired up.

:thumbsup: