Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

Garcon's "foot" injury is giving me flashbacks....

As a McFadden owner in two leagues last year and a Garcon owner in two leagues this year, this "foot" injury of Garcon's is very reminiscent DMC's "foot" injury of last year. No real info, just comments like "optimistic" and "hope to play". He's "questionable" this week....ala DMC's "questionable" status for weeks at a time last year. It doesn't sound like Garcon will miss the year but he could miss some extended time.

I'm hoping this thread makes me look stupid and he winds up playing and being productive this week....but still

As a McFadden owner in two leagues last year and a Garcon owner in two leagues this year, this "foot" injury of Garcon's is very reminiscent DMC's "foot" injury of last year. No real info, just comments like "optimistic" and "hope to play". He's "questionable" this week....ala DMC's "questionable" status for weeks at a time last year. It doesn't sound like Garcon will miss the year but he could miss some extended time.

I'm hoping this thread makes me look stupid and he winds up playing and being productive this week....but still

I was worrying about the same thing. Maybe I'm just a paranoid former DMC owner.

:dunno:

Garcon scared me early on. It looked like he put on a lot of weight - like David Boston or LaRon Landy weight. When players beef up like that, they become injury prone. There ligaments can't deal with the additional stress.

What is a lisfrac(sp) injury exactly? This is what I'm worried about.

I was keeping up with Garcon all summer long. He was the golden WR for RGIII from all reports. He showed it the first quarter as well. I'm banking on him as my #2 in a couple of leagues and this really hurts since my other targets of Torrey Smith and Titus Young haven't produced as of yet (ppr).

"pain tollerance" is what it comes down to? Really? This sounds like a nightmare injury IMO. :dunno:

According to Rotoworld

Pierre Garcon (foot) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

If it is same tomorrow I am not going to fvck around. I will start my new WW pickup Avery over him.

Is there anything we could call him that's a little less racist? :dunno:

No! Fock that. I refuse to believe he has a serious injury. That means i will have been wrong about garcon having a good year, and i dont like to be wrong, well at least i dont like to be wrong more than im right.

This has lisfrac injury written all over it. Like DMC last year, team ain't givin no specific info, which is never a good sign. Im kinda hopin he sits this week to tell the truth. don't make it worse! I would rather have him for weeks 5 on than not at all!

What is a lisfrac(sp) injury exactly? This is what I'm worried about.

I was keeping up with Garcon all summer long. He was the golden WR for RGIII from all reports. He showed it the first quarter as well. I'm banking on him as my #2 in a couple of leagues and this really hurts since my other targets of Torrey Smith and Titus Young haven't produced as of yet (ppr).

"pain tollerance" is what it comes down to? Really? This sounds like a nightmare injury IMO. :dunno:

Lisfranc is the worst foot injury you can get IMO. Think of where the foot bones connect to the heel, then grab those bones and snap them up and out of socket.

Depends on the severity of course, but it could threaten a season or even a career if bad enough.

Is that what he has?

This has lisfrac injury written all over it. Like DMC last year, team ain't givin no specific info, which is never a good sign. Im kinda hopin he sits this week to tell the truth. don't make it worse! I would rather have him for weeks 5 on than not at all!

On the radio here in DC, Shanahan said the injury was sort of like a "turf toe type of pain." I have a very bad feeling about this because if he does have turf toe, the injured ligament could have been strained to the point of a lisfranc injury.

:(

Pierre Garcon, WR, WAS

News: Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon (foot) was limited in practice again Thursday. "It's nagging a little more than I thought it would," coach Mike Shanahan said, per 106.7 The Fan. The Redskins host the Bengals in Week 3. Garcon faced the Bengals three times when he was with the Colts, totaling 13 catches for 89 yards and no touchdowns.

Analysis: Garcon could end up a game-time decision again Week 3, but even if he plays, there is risk to starting him. He could be limited or suffer a setback during the game, so Fantasy owners might choose healthier alternatives for the upcoming scoring period. It's a shame, too, seeing how the Bengals present a favorable matchup. They are yielding 24 Fantasy points per week to wide receivers, which is tied for ninth highest in the NFL. Anquan Boldin and Greg Little scored touchdowns against Cincinnati the first two weeks. Aldrick Robinson would benefit from Garcon's absence.

He ain't playing on Sunday....time to face reality.

He should be listed as either "doubtful" or "out". Shenanigans is at it with WR's now.

LaFell it is.

He should be listed as either "doubtful" or "out". Shenanigans is at it with WR's now.

LaFell it is.

I agree. Not playing.

If this were to end up being a serious thing like a lis franc that keeps him sidelined for a long time, then who's the breakout candidate here if anyone?

Hankerson?

Yep. :thumbsup:

LaFell it is.

1 rec 27 yds.... eeefffff me!

If this were to end up being a serious thing like a lis franc that keeps him sidelined for a long time, then who's the breakout candidate here if anyone?

Hankerson?

I like hankerson a lot, but that robinson has some skill too. He did have that horrible drop where he didnt come close to catching the ball. I just hope that hankerson doesnt have a huge game this week so i can get him on my roster.

I wonder when we can use him again. For one quarter Garcon and RG3 teased us, it looked like we had two elite options at mid round values. And now RG3 still looks elite, but I was more interested in getting Garcon playing at that level.

bummer. just skimmed the thread hoping to hear from the guy here that always talks about his foot as if its relevant.

come one man. wheres the anecdotes?

hop to it.

Starting to get a feeling you won't see him until mid season. I wish they would just say exactly what's wrong with Garcon so we can, fantasy wise, move on and make proper moves to replace him until he gets better.

We all know it's a foot injury BUT where on the foot. Is it a ligament, tendon, bone, what's the big secret. This sh!t just pisses me off.

I wonder when we can use him again. For one quarter Garcon and RG3 teased us, it looked like we had two elite options at mid round values. And now RG3 still looks elite, but I was more interested in getting Garcon playing at that level.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was at that game. Three of the first four plays went to Garcon. Then first play of the 2nd drive, BOOM, 88 yard TD pass, like a cannon.

Then nothing.

Saints CB Patrick Robinson caught up (!) with Garcon and nipped his heel at the last second; I still do not see how the injury happened but it must have had something to do with how Garcon came down on the ball of his foot, maybe awkwardly, maybe it got jammed.

Yeah high hopes then, since 11+3/4's quarters missed.

I have a bad feeling, getting out ahead of things and cutting Garcon for Hankerson. If Hank blows up I won't be getting him next week most likely.

bummer. just skimmed the thread hoping to hear from the guy here that always talks about his foot as if its relevant.

come one man. wheres the anecdotes?

hop to it.

I think you are referring to me. I talked about Jones fractures in a Nicks thread, and a few posts later you made a similar comment, although you lack the intelligence to find the quote button. I said essentially that my experience was that such fractures take longer to heal than their timetable, and he could expect significant soreness. I'll leave it to the reader to determine if my Nicks comments were relevant, since it clearly didn't impact his performance this week.

Unfortunately I have no direct experience with Lisfranc, which is the rumor on Garcon, so I can't provide relevant anecdotes. :(

God...Foot injuries..lol Well, I'm not sure if anyone put this down as I didn't read all the posts, but I remember one incident a few years back. I was relatively new to the fantasy scene, and I finally got the #1 pick that year. Mr. Shaun Alexander was the clear cut top choice, as he was setting the field on fire...I'm sure you all remember that was the year he had a cracked bone in his foot and "by the power of prayer" he vowed to play again...Every freaking week I remember saying a prayer for Shaun's foot..lol Damn thing screwed me over that year!

I wish he had enough speed to kick away from that guy that dove at his foot on the TD. That guy was not supposed to catch him. Foot probably was being pulled down as he was lifting up. all types of bad stuff can happen when someone dives at your legs. He looked up at the screen while he was running and saw the DB chasing him. should've cut to the side or something