Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Ahmad Bradshaw is done now.

Ahmad just became a borderline flex start. Andre Brown will get most of the carries now.

Right. Just like Barden's success in this game will force either Nicks or Cruz to sit.

:rolleyes:

Or when Matt Flynn put up incredible numbers for two games and the Packers saw that and traded away that Rodgers guy.

Oh wait, that didn't happen? You mean when a backup plays well that doesn't trump an established starter? No way!??!

Uuuuuh ...... No.

Dude, I'm dead serious. Ahmad didn't look good in those first 2 games anyways. I'm telling you. Brown is the starter now. Book it.

Or when Matt Flynn put up incredible numbers for two games and the Packers saw that and traded away that Rodgers guy.

Oh wait, that didn't happen? You mean when a backup plays well that doesn't trump an established starter? No way!??!

I get your point, but Bradshaw looked bad in the first 2 games. Brown has looked amazing and runs really hard. I really think Brown is the new #1.

Bradshaw Had a good gm1, brown looks good but scoring 2 1yd Tds isn't exactly redefining the position. As for the neck injury, that may be bad or may be ok.

He averaged 4.6 YPC + a TD in week 1 and then went out after 5 carries in week 2. What are you talking about?

I watched the game and I thought he looked slow and old. I really don't see him doing anything this year.

1348196717[/url]' post='4840978']

Dude, I'm dead serious. Ahmad didn't look good in those first 2 games anyways. I'm telling you. Brown is the starter now. Book it.

Yer wrong.

You guys can argue all you want, but in the end, this is just hopeful Brown owners arguing with hopefully Bradshaw owners. We won't know until Bradshaw comes back. I'm guessing a 50/50 split, like what they did with Bradshaw and Jacobs.

Why is everyone sure about Bradshaw coming back? He had an MRI with undisclosed results. Coughlin refused to answer questions about this.

Neck injuries are serious.

I like how the Giants have taken Brown out because they want to keep him fresh for next week

and you would think they would give Wilson a shot.

I can see this turning into the three headed monster a la Ward, Jacobs & Bradshaw. Earth, Wind & Fire 2.0.

I picked up Brown, I started him, and I would love to see him take over as the #1 in NY.

But before we ahead of ourselves, let's put the Carolina D in perspective. Martin had 95 and a 4.0 clip against them in Week 1, and Pierre Thomas went 9 for 110 last week. If Bradshaw had been able to go, it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't have put up pretty good numbers himself. That said, Brown had an excellent game, and showed great vision and patience. He's definitely earned more carries going forward, but I don't think he's going to take all of them.

As far as Bradshaw's injury, obviously an extended absence would change things. But Bradshaw losing the job because he's hurt isn't the same as him losing the job because Brown outplayed him for it. If and when Bradshaw is healthy again, I (unfortunately) see a roughly 50/50 split at best.

On the bright side as a Brown owner, if Bradshaw has to miss a couple more games, the Giants have some decent matchups coming up against Philly and Cleveland.

Brown is a straight ahead power rusher with fresh legs who was matched up against a team who was dominated at the LOS. Bradshaw did look just a little tentative to the hole at times in game 1. Assuming Bradshaw is coming back in a couple of games, this looks like a timeshare to me similar to the Bradshaw/Jacob days.

That said, if I knew for sure that Bradshaw's injury isn't serious, I'd be looking to acquire him on the cheap in all my leagues, because his value is at an all-time low after tonight's game.

Fock.

As far as what I have seen the best case scenario for a good fantasy option in NY would be if Brown stays healthy and keeps running the way he ran tonight and Bradshaw doesn't return. He looks like an effective Back with more upside for fantasy and for the Giants than Bradshaw. The scenario for fantasy success goes down if the Giants decide to give Wilson more carries to see if he can meet up to his potential and draft cost. In that case we start talking about timeshares and have to decide is it going to be 70-30, 60-40, 50-50 or what? Worst case scenario as far as the fantasy outlook for the Giants would be if Bradshaw returns because if he in fact does return he is not getting a full workload ever again by what Brown has revealed to the Giants. In that scenario you would at least have a 50-50 split with Bradshaw/Brown and you might even still get Wilson thrown in for a look like I said earlier. Coughlin has shown in the past that like most coaches he prefers to have multiple horses so if all three are healthy and can get positive yardage and keep defenders from killing Eli that would be his ideal situation. Either way I regret picking up Wilson and wish I could have gotten Brown instead but I am glad I didn't use a pick on Bradshaw because that is the costliest factor in this whole equation. I would rate the NY backfield as a flex at best if all three are healthy with RB2 maybe RB1 if you have one or two out on certain weeks going forward.

Just so I'm clear on this.

Bradshaw was the 14th best running back last year in PPG and scored 11 tds playing along side Brandon Jacobs in 2011.

Giants might have found their new 'Brandon Jacobs' and somehow Bradshaw is immediately worthless?

Bonus:

Tampa Bay and Carolina gave up the 1st most and 8th most total rushing yards against in 2011.

I'm confident that Bradshaw probably would have gone for 200 yrds and 4 TD vs that pathetic defense last night. Brown may have earned himself a little more playing time, but Bradshaw is superior in every aspect except the power-back role.

When Bradshaw comes back it's a RBBC.

It was gonna be RBBC anyway. If anyone watched the first game Wilson was subbing in early downs until his fumble got him :bench:

Assuming Bradshaw is healthy, and no players that have feet issues do not have weaker necks so we really don't know, Bradshaw is likely to lead that committee and handle most 3rd downs.

The real question is whether Brown has earned himself at shot at some goal line work. I havent' watched the games so I can't really comment but Bradshaw has been on of the best in the league in that respect.

Why is everyone sure about Bradshaw coming back? He had an MRI with undisclosed results. Coughlin refused to answer questions about this.

Neck injuries are serious.

So far the injury has been described as a neck sprain. Rodger Saffold (OL) from STL had this injury week 1, he returned for week 2. Demarcus Ware suffered a neck sprain in '09, he returned the next week.

Don't count him out just yet, if this is a neck sprain, he may have only missed the game because of the short week.