Sign in to follow this  
FloydH

WTF with Romo?

I don't expect 20-30 points a game from ROMO but come on.. less than 3?????????????????

He lost me the game last week and thankfully my entire team blew up this week his 3 points didn't cost me.. but going forward i am starting to worry.. about ready to start Brandon Weeden.. lol but for real

Romo had 15.8 in our league. You need a better scoring system in your league for QBs in my opinion.

Non PPR league Romo 3 points, PPR league 5 points, not good and lost both games.

Explain to me why it matters whether it's a PPR league or not? I assume you state that only to differentiate between the two different league. Last time I checked he didn't catch any passes. :dunno: I'm not sure what the deal was, that defense he was facing is pathetic, but then again so is the Cowboys offensive line. but less than 8 pts with those weapons? :nono:

Romo had 15.8 in our league. You need a better scoring system in your league for QBs in my opinion.

Romo owner in my league got 5.3..... pretty standard league

Not all of us play in leagues that give a player a 10-point bonus just for being a Cowboy :lol:

Explain to me why it matters whether it's a PPR league or not? I assume you state that only to differentiate between the two different league. Last time I checked he didn't catch any passes. :dunno: I'm not sure what the deal was, that defense he was facing is pathetic, but then again so is the Cowboys offensive line. but less than 8 pts with those weapons? :nono:

catch shotgun snap .5

catch snap in pistol .25

handle snap from under center cleanly .1

HTH

Your scoring system is the one that needs to be better. If Romo scored 15.8, what did RG3 and Brees score? 158? What is the average score in your league, 1000-900? Or is it just QBs outscore everyone else combined?

catch shotgun snap .5

catch snap in pistol .25

HTH

So what's the penalty for botched FG holds during a playoff game?

So what's the penalty for botched FG holds during a playoff game?

no penalty, but if you successfully place a hold: .25, laces out .5

also: 1 point bonus for manning-like pre snap histrionics

I bet you were thinking this on week 1 too, when he threw 3 TD's and outplayed Eli, weren't you?

You should definitely roll with Weeden from here on. Just drop Romo, he sux.

I don't think it matters much what scoring system you used. The problem with Romo is that your fifth round (or whatever) QB made it look like amateur hour on the field...again. While guys like Jake Locker, Carson Palmer, Chris Ponder, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Joe Flacco, etc., etc. ad nauseum, loaded up on fantasy points.

Week in, week out, Romo is making it look like drafting almost anyone else way later would have been a stroke of relative brilliance. Romo isn't the only QB who sucks this year. But there are way more than enough well-performing alternatives that he was clearly a wasted early-to-mid round pick this year. It happens.

It happened to me with Vick. :(

But not with Roethlisberger in my other league. :overhead:

Nor with the Palmer/Fitzpatrick QBBC in my other other leauge. :headbanger:

But the point is, yeah, Romo blows.

Anyone who watched the game saw the problem - Romo's line is absolute ass, was running for his life the whole damn game. He will not make it to week 7 behind those clowns up front blocking - they are terrible.

I bet you were thinking this on week 1 too, when he threw 3 TD's and outplayed Eli, weren't you?

You should definitely roll with Weeden from here on. Just drop Romo, he sux.

wow.. sarcasm on this bored is way missed...

btw week 1 was great.. but like i said i never expected him to keep that tempo all year.. but the last 2 weeks where horrible is all i am saying considering ROMO is usually at least fairly consistent for fantasy..

BTW PPR league would be higher.. Romo did catch his own pass after it was tipped yesterday

what kind of league are you in? not that it really matters if it was a better scoring system just means all the QB's are getting 50+ if romo got 15.. so it wouldn't have helped :wall:

regardless i started Foster, Charles, and Leshoure. :clap: Still won!

wow.. sarcasm on this bored is way missed...

btw week 1 was great.. but like i said i never expected him to keep that tempo all year.. but the last 2 weeks where horrible is all i am saying considering ROMO is usually at least fairly consistent for fantasy..

BTW PPR league would be higher.. Romo did catch his own pass after it was tipped yesterday

You created a thread just to be sarcastic? Right.

catch shotgun snap .5

catch snap in pistol .25

HTH

I have never heard of such a thing. And I don't think that's standard PPR scoring by any means. Getting points for taking a snap correctly? WTF?

what kind of league are you in? not that it really matters if it was a better scoring system just means all the QB's are getting 50+ if romo got 15.. so it wouldn't have helped :wall:

regardless i started Foster, Charles, and Leshoure. :clap: Still won!

Guys, I really have no idea what people are freaking out about or why you are saying he had 3 points. I have him in one of my leagues with completely standard scoring.

He had 283 passing yards which was 11 points for me (1 point for 25 yards. The other dude probably does 1 point per 20 yards)and he got one point because he caught a pass.

Now we do not do negative points. I know he fumbled at least once. I didn't really watch the game. But if he had a few interceptions and a fumble, then yea his points would be pretty bad. But not all leagues do negative points. Actually more and more leagues, I've noticed, are steering away from it. Either that or the negative points are small. Not -3 for and interception and crap.

I have never heard of such a thing. And I don't think that's standard PPR scoring by any means. Getting points for taking a snap correctly? WTF?

a bit of an obscure rule, certainly, but more popular than point per huddle leagues, imo

a bit of an obscure rule, certainly, but more popular than point per huddle leagues, imo

Jeebus, everybody knows that PPH leagues are just there to inflate scoring. :rolleyes: I vastly prefer some variety of the Point Per Snap leagues. :thumbsup:

Jeebus, everybody knows that PPH leagues are just there to inflate scoring. :rolleyes: I vastly prefer some variety of the Point Per Snap leagues. :thumbsup:

alot of people do. might have had something to do with the No Huddle Riots of 1999. I can recall people of accusing peyton manning of being an anti-huddlite

Anyone who watched the game saw the problem - Romo's line is absolute ass, was running for his life the whole damn game. He will not make it to week 7 behind those clowns up front blocking - they are terrible.

I have heard the same thing, but have not seen the past 2 games. They weren't fantastic against NY but good enough. Is there any hope they gel?

alot of people do. might have had something to do with the No Huddle Riots of 1999. I can recall people of accusing peyton manning of being an anti-huddlite

I remember that vividly, while he lost out on the huddle points, he was particularly devastating in our league that season because that was our first as a PPA (Point Per Audible) scoring league. There were several times we had to make scoring adjustments because he would audible multiple times on the same play. The team of Gozer's Gozerians really cleaned up that year.

:cheers:

HEY!!! You know TWC has the NFL network and RedZone now right?? RIGHT???? They added it Friday or something. I was creaming myself all day yesterday. My boyfriend surprised me with it. We sat down to watch some horrid game or something and I was like WAIT. We have RedZone??? :banana:

Explain to me why it matters whether it's a PPR league or not? I assume you state that only to differentiate between the two different league. Last time I checked he didn't catch any passes.

I was watching the play-by-play and he had a pass to himself.

I was watching the play-by-play and he had a pass to himself.

he actually did catch a deflected pass and dive forward with the ball

Really? Do your homework. He literally caught a pass yesterday lol.

He's also had about 9 drops from his players in the last 2 weeks. Witten dropped a 30 yard TD last week and a 30 yard TD this week. The whole offense stinks right now, except Miles Austin.

Really? Do your homework. He literally caught a pass yesterday lol.

He's also had about 9 drops from his players in the last 2 weeks. Witten dropped a 30 yard TD last week and a 30 yard TD this week. The whole offense stinks right now, except Miles Austin.

Yeah, I realized that later. :wall: It was factored in for my leagues, but I must have missed the play channel surfing. Witten has turned into manos de piedras here lately, not sure what's up with the guy but really glad I passed on him this year. Dez has been Dez (hit or miss, mostly miss). You're right about Miles, although I see Murray really trying but that offensive line isn't giving him much.

Next Monday's game between the Bears and Cowboys might be worse than this GB Seattle debacle. Both O-line's sux with Qb's that are underwhelming, I don't think there can be a negative score, so I'll go Bears 2 Cowboy's 0 with 20 sacks between them!

Yeah, I realized that later. :wall: It was factored in for my leagues, but I must have missed the play channel surfing. Witten has turned into manos de piedras here lately, not sure what's up with the guy but really glad I passed on him this year. Dez has been Dez (hit or miss, mostly miss). You're right about Miles, although I see Murray really trying but that offensive line isn't giving him much.

That's true. I can't forget about Murray. He's doing well for how little of help he's getting.

Next Monday's game between the Bears and Cowboys might be worse than this GB Seattle debacle. Both O-line's sux with Qb's that are underwhelming, I don't think there can be a negative score, so I'll go Bears 2 Cowboy's 0 with 20 sacks between them!

I don't know how any qb could be expected to do anything behind the crap ass lines Cutler and Romo have. If not for Romo's incredible athletic escapability he would of been sacked 20 more times already. Hard to be overwhelming, or even good, behind those clowns.

Romo owner in my league got 5.3..... pretty standard league

Not all of us play in leagues that give a player a 10-point bonus just for being a Cowboy :lol:

Not sure what you are talking about.

typical scoring for a QB is 1 point for every 20 yards passing, 4 pts for a TD -1 point for an INT. -1 for a lost fumble

week 1 307 yards 3 TD 1 INT 26.35 fantasy points---> outstanding week

week 2 251 yards 1 TD 1 INT 15.55 Fantasy points---> average week

Week 3 283 yards 0 TD 1 INT 2 lost fumbles 12.15 fantasy points-----> below average week

Yes I agree he's not up to speed last 2 weeks.

Week 2 he was up against Seattles Defense. You saw what they did this week to the Pack. Aaron Rodgers didnt have a substantially different result

week 3, would have been an average week except for the 2 fumbles. Romo doesnt typically put the ball on the ground that often (NFC playoff games being the exception apparently) I would consider this a one off.

hang onto him, he will be fine.

best post so far this season.

:first: