Sign in to follow this  
J Money

Run DMC

What are your guys thoughts on McFadden at this point? I'm not sure if I should be trying to trade him away or trade for him with the way he and the raiders are playing. What kind of value do you guys see for him?

he will be fine... they game planned to take him completely out of the game. Palmer just had an off day. Not sure if their up and coming TE played or not and they need to get DHB back. I am not worried

he will be fine... they game planned to take him completely out of the game. Palmer just had an off day. Not sure if their up and coming TE played or not and they need to get DHB back. I am not worried

Palmer is just having an "off season". If the Raiders can't get that offense going, DMC owners are screwed. That new OC is shite.

Um, you nean No-Run DMC? If I had other options, he'd be on my bench.

What I'd like to know is why they threw 18 passes at him in week 1, and now they're down to 2 and 1 for weeks 3 and 4. He's pretty much the only weapon they have on offense, give him the ball in the open field and let him bulldoze some mofo's already.

DMC and Julio are crippling my team. You can't bench them, yet they aren't doing shite. Sad state of affairs.

Like everyone else, I thought DMC would be a monster as long as he stayed healthy. Unlike everyone else, I didn't think he would stay healthy so I avoided him in all drafts. Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.

:music_guitarred:

Going forward, DMC drafters will eventually be rewarded because he is talented and will get touches. But the ceiling is a little lower because obviously Oakland didn't improve as much as everyone thought they would.

Like everyone else, I thought DMC would be a monster as long as he stayed healthy. Unlike everyone else, I didn't think he would stay healthy so I avoided him in all drafts. Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.

:music_guitarred:

Going forward, DMC drafters will eventually be rewarded because he is talented and will get touches. But the ceiling is a little lower because obviously Oakland didn't improve as much as everyone thought they would.

I underestimated the change in coaching and blocking scheme. :wall:

Hopefully the Raiders are using the Bye to fix their offense. Having watched some of the games, DMC looks fine when he as room to run. The problem is the Offense is crippling his abilities.

After one week I bailed on DMC in one of my leagues for Ryan Mathews and Ridley. In the other I am still holding.

One saving grace is that his schedule looks pretty decent post bye, including games against the 3 bottom run Defenses so far:

Week Team Fantasy Rank vs. RB / per game

6 @Atlanta 25

7 Jacksonville 31

8 @ Kansas City 24

9 Tampa Bay 5

10 @ Baltimore 20

11 New Orleans 32

12 @Cincinnati 28

13 Cleveland 15

14 Denver 9

15 Kansas City 24

16 @ Carolina 30

Hopefully the Raiders are using the Bye to fix their offense. Having watched some of the games, DMC looks fine when he as room to run. The problem is the Offense is crippling his abilities.

After one week I bailed on DMC in one of my leagues for Ryan Mathews and Ridley. In the other I am still holding.

One saving grace is that his schedule looks pretty decent post bye, including games against the 3 bottom run Defenses so far:

Week Team Fantasy Rank vs. RB / per game

6 @Atlanta 25

7 Jacksonville 31

8 @ Kansas City 24

9 Tampa Bay 5

10 @ Baltimore 20

11 New Orleans 32

12 @Cincinnati 28

13 Cleveland 15

14 Denver 9

15 Kansas City 24

16 @ Carolina 30

DMC is going to be just fine....Don't trade him away and trade for him if you can.

This is a matter of schematic issues, which I have a feeling the Raiders will tweaking coming out of the bye. Sit tight DMC owners, it's going to be fine.

Bottom line, is he's healthy heading into the bye and as the poster I quoted shows, he has some nice matchups coming up.

DMC and Julio are crippling my team. You can't bench them, yet they aren't doing shite. Sad state of affairs.

I'm in the same boat. I'm headed for 3-1, with my first loss this weekend due to their poor showing. Alfred Morris and Matt Ryan have been saving my team, but I can't continue with the foolishness.

I'm not worried about Julio, but DMC's value is getting destroyed by this new offense.

Handcuffing him would be useless in my opinion. Mike Goodson would get nothing accomplished here. DMC is a victim of a sorry ass offensive line and poor playcalling. I'm trying to package him with Dez for Marshawn, but need Dez to have a few good games first.

I'm in the same boat. I'm headed for 3-1, with my first loss this weekend due to their poor showing. Alfred Morris and Matt Ryan have been saving my team, but I can't continue with the foolishness.

I'm not worried about Julio, but DMC's value is getting destroyed by this new offense.

Handcuffing him would be useless in my opinion. Mike Goodson would get nothing accomplished here. DMC is a victim of a sorry ass offensive line and poor playcalling. I'm trying to package him with Dez for Marshawn, but need Dez to have a few good games first.

yeah, if DMC was relatively proficient in week 2 I would have been 4 - 0 right now...but even still, I can say that about a variety of things that unfolded that weekend.

Sit tight DMC owners. It's going to be fine.

I traded him and gates for RayRay... And its working...

That's a trade I'd make also, and not a knock of DMC but that would make my team better.

I was told I could trade DMC for Graham but I think I'm going to forgo that.

Yup. He admits he is not getting the zone blocking scheme. The team said they are not switching back to power run. The other problem is Palmer. He thinks he is the star and wants to go down the field. The best player on the team is McFadden not some two bit WR that he has to throw to. Palmer would rather throw into double coverage than dump it off to McFadden with open space. I miscalculated and will pay the price.

Just my two pennies

Yup. He admits he is not getting the zone blocking scheme. The team said they are not switching back to power run. The other problem is Palmer. He thinks he is the star and wants to go down the field. The best player on the team is McFadden not some two bit WR that he has to throw to. Palmer would rather throw into double coverage than dump it off to McFadden with open space. I miscalculated and will pay the price.

Just my two pennies

This. As a Bengals fan I was extremely pumped that not only we were able to trade Palmer after we had drafted Dalton but also the ransom we received in return. Palmer has the talent & he knows this. But he also tries to make the impossible throw instead of going to his check down play & it results in turnovers. His belief that his arm should be winning games for the Raiders instead of relying on their best player is & will be their downfall for the Raiders offense.

Sad because DMC's talent is being wasted by not molding an offense around his strengths.

Yep... Knapp is a focktard... I never understood why people would change what's working to some sh!t they "saw" work once... :cry: :mad: :cry:

Yep... Knapp is a focktard... I never understood why people would change what's working to some sh!t they "saw" work once... :cry: :mad: :cry:

Yup. We spoke about this before season started.

G. Knapp have never produced a star fantasy RB in this league. Some said Kevin Barlow....pluzeee.

Yup. We spoke about this before season started.

G. Knapp have never produced a star fantasy RB in this league. Some said Kevin Barlow....pluzeee.

Wish I got that info before my draft. :(

Oakland's ROS schedule looks damn good. The D gas been banged up & Palmer is missing DHB.

I say buy low.

I realize this doesn't belong here but I woke up this morning to a trade offer...Bowe for DMC straight up in a dynasty league. I have Arian and RayRay as my starters and I sure could use some WR help, especially this week! Anyone want to give their opinion??? I'm leaning towards taking the deal but damn that QB situation in KC is ugly, I know Bowe's been getting his but it's ugly....

I realize this doesn't belong here but I woke up this morning to a trade offer...Bowe for DMC straight up in a dynasty league. I have Arian and RayRay as my starters and I sure could use some WR help, especially this week! Anyone want to give their opinion??? I'm leaning towards taking the deal but damn that QB situation in KC is ugly, I know Bowe's been getting his but it's ugly....

Im actually trying to sell bowe...all his numbers r garbage time n his qb situation is rocky.

U can do better.

Let's hope so. I thought the zone scheme would be mitigated by a ton of usage in the passing game, but he's barely seen any passes since week 1. Also, the Raiders o-line is more inept at zone blocking than almost any attempt I've seen. College teams set the gaps better. I mean, I know those guys were all signed to block for power the last two years, but I'm astonished at just how terrible they are together. ZBS doesn't work if the holes never actually develop.

TY out to SexyRexy!!! I thought so too but I'm panicking a tad!! I think I just needed to hear it!!!! I probably can get Torrey for DMC but I'm still not sold...

That's a trade I'd make also, and not a knock of DMC but that would make my team better.

I was told I could trade DMC for Graham but I think I'm going to forgo that.

Based on your team in your sig, I would really consider doing that trade if you have decent RB depth. Graham is a stud, and is much safer than McFadden because of DMC's injury history.

EDIT: Just noticed your bench - looks like you don't have RB depth. But I'd see what you could get for B. Marshall (Lynch?) or G. Jennings (R. Bush? D. Martin?) and then flip DMC for Graham.

TY out to SexyRexy!!! I thought so too but I'm panicking a tad!! I think I just needed to hear it!!!! I probably can get Torrey for DMC but I'm still not sold...

Still think you can do better than that even, and I'm a big Torrey Smith fan. In most leagues owners will get more desperate for RB's than they do for WR's. Unless you absolutely need to make a move I would wait for a better deal.

TY to y'all for settin' me straight!!! I actually need a friggin' QB (Vick-Locker-Ponder) more than any other position! Actually, it's been somewhat difficult get the right kinda value for DMC when it comes to me getting a solid QB! His upcoming sched does look much more promising...

Oh...I would probably give him up for Graham though....

I already packaged him with BJGE for Frank Gore & Alfred Morris. Just think the Raiders are gonna struggle to put points on the board which leaves DMC with minimal scoring. Minimal won't win you titles so I took a chance.

Oakland's ROS schedule looks damn good. The D gas been banged up & Palmer is missing DHB.

I say buy low.

Just traded for him (BJGE, Brown + Rudolph), right here:

6 10/14 @ATL - - - - -

7 10/21 JAC - - - - -

8 10/28 @KC - - - - -

9 11/4 TB - - - - -

10 11/11 @BAL - - - - -

11 11/18 NO - - - - -

12 11/25 @CIN

13 12/2 CLE - - - - -

14 12/6 DEN - - - - -

15 12/16 KC - - - - -