Sign in to follow this  
BleedGreen

Is Buffalo is 50/50 backfield now?

I have to think its Spiller. He can take it to the house each time he touches the ball... Just hate to see a split backfield but it certainly looks to be the case ...

It's 50/50. Fred Jackson is the MAN and has the respect of his team and coaching staff. He was beasting last year and is better at getting the tough yards. He's also Wolverine with his healing abilities.

Flip a coin. Jackson gets goal line work though.

It's 50/50. Fred Jackson is the MAN and has the respect of his team and coaching staff. He was beasting last year and is better at getting the tough yards. He's also Wolverine with his healing abilities.

Flip a coin. Jackson gets goal line work though.

Late last season Spiller lit it up. this season Jackson was named the starter.

I acknowledge Jackson was the leading back in the league when he got hurt last year, and that may play a role in the decision., but when you see something like that, I have to believe that Buffalo is committed to Jackson.

Spiller will be back next game, but will be the backup for at least one week due to the fact he's still hurting a bit.

after that I think it will be a time share(even though Jackson will probably still be listed as the starter). This is my expectation, but given past behaviour by Buffalo, I would not be completely surprised if Buffalo made Jackson the starter for real once again. Spiller will still get his carries, just not as many of them.

The only way I see Spiller becoming the outright starter is if the wheels completely fall off of the Jackson car.

I think it stays at 50/50 with Choice getting a few touches here and there too but by season's end, i expect Spiller to get majority of the work.

FJax is an old man when it comes to running backs. I see Spiller getting more and more of the % of touches as the year moves on.

FJax is an old man when it comes to running backs. I see Spiller getting more and more of the % of touches as the year moves on.

I hope youre right. Got a lot riding on him. A LOT. I would guess spiller gets at least a few more carries than fjax. At least he doesnt need as many touches to have a big impact.

Jackson is actually a young 31 in terms of.runningbacks. he doesn't have the carries, the wear and tear of a typical back his age.

That's said,it will be afull split.

Spiller is the home run threat but Jackson still seems the more steady guy

Againts a weak D, I think both will be useable RB's for fantasy. Against a tough D, they both become too risky to start...not knowing which one will produce. Maybe Spiller on turf and Jackson on grass if you need to play one?

Neither has much fantasy value IMO. Jackson gets more carries/Spiller gets more receptions, neither get many TDs on a mediocre team. Bye week filler.

:dunno:

Neither has much fantasy value IMO. Jackson gets more carries/Spiller gets more receptions, neither get many TDs on a mediocre team. Bye week filler.

:dunno:

That O, when clicking, is far from

Mediocre. One of the best lines, the D gives up big points and QB is serviceable. Johnson is above average and TE is a beast...

That O, when clicking, is far from

Mediocre. One of the best lines, the D gives up big points and QB is serviceable. Johnson is above average and TE is a beast...

Fine, but would you call either "reliable starters"?

I wouldn't. Bye week filler.

The main problem is that they are both good enough that I would expect to see a lot of 'riding the hot hand', making it hard to know who is the play game to game.

I have C.J. Spiller, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch & Alfred Morris. I'm trying to shop Spiller but I fear I value him too much. I'm afraid of what this Buffalo backfield could be for the year. One week it'll be Jackson getting 100 yards, the next it'll be C.J. Spiller, the next it'll be a split.

Have them both. My league had Jackson on the waivers. So naturally I pick him up. Could end up selling him and someone else for an upgrade at another position

Have them both. My league had Jackson on the waivers. So naturally I pick him up. Could end up selling him and someone else for an upgrade at another position

Or, trade them both for a full-time starter and let someone else worry about which to start.