Sign in to follow this  
Vyse

Donald Brown is OUT

GO GO GO!!!

Pick up Ballard now! Should be good for 20 carries.

He's averaging 2.0 yards per carry. 20 carries = 40 yards. Yippee.

a RB starter is a starter none the less. No way you can find a starting back in FA right now. He is a stash and see player. Who knows if he does well he can remain the starter like DeMarco Murray last year.

I know but it's dry out there.

Who knows what he'll do with 15-25 carries. Nothing to lose.

Damn, this was the one week I was going to use him other than having depth on the bench due to Sproles and Bush on Bye.

I'm not sure about Ballard - his YPC suck - less than Brown, and he sucked, so why do people think he will be better?

I know but it's dry out there.

Who knows what he'll do with 15-25 carries. Nothing to lose.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. The answer was given the post above your's, actual results in 20 carries.

While I know you meant 15-25 in one game, the timing of your post made me laugh.

Hey, he should get thos carries this week, so why not.

Damn, this was the one week I was going to use him other than having depth on the bench due to Sproles and Bush on Bye.

I'm not sure about Ballard - his YPC suck - less than Brown, and he sucked, so why do people think he will be better?

He is a rookie and has a style and skillset which requires the opportunity to get into the flow of a game in order to get hot. It's not surprising or indicative that his YPC is low with the small sample size in sporadic carries. Definitely a great pickup at this point in the season and given the fact that many thought he would replace Donald Brown by midseason anyway if he learned protection schemes should be grabbed in all leagues. I have already done so.

Do you think he has more upside than James Starks?

I am picking up to cover byes this week, then just bench depth... I had Starks last year, and I am not excited about him at all.

Grabbed. Will start at flex for Sproles. The jets defense has been uncharacteristically awful this season which helps.

I picked him up & got rid of the running back cancer that is DWill. God, that felt great dropping his sorry arse!

Colts coach Bruce Arians announced Wednesday running back Donald Brown is out 2-3 weeks after having surgery for torn knee cartilage Tuesday. Brown was injured on the last play of Sunday's game against the Packers. Arians said Vick Ballard will start Week 6 at N.Y. Jets, but Delone Carter will be used to help spell Ballard.

:huh:

I thought the last play of that game was Green Bay missing a field goal? :dunno:

ballard is certainly worth a pick up but i'm not optimistic about his chances this year. indi is a passing team, their rbs never catch the ball and are rarely used near the goal line.

seems everyone gets over excited for rookie rbs... yeah anyone of them can hit and you have yourself a starter but more often than not its just over hyped. example: donald brown was all the rage a few years ago with addai looking pedestrian. brown gets his shot and does nothing.

Crap, the one week I needed Brown next week at home vs Cle. At least I have Ballard to fill in for Mathews but had to drop Bess to do it

Another RB down... Damn this season is rough. Guess there is no way I will be right about Brown this year. Ballard is not the talent Brown is. He will struggle mightily in Brown's place. Watch him get 2 garbage TD now from the goal line though.

I picked him up & got rid of the running back cancer that is DWill. God, that felt great dropping his sorry arse!

Amen. Dropping Dwill made enough cap room to add hunter and Ballard. Liberating.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. The answer was given the post above your's, actual results in 20 carries.

While I know you meant 15-25 in one game, the timing of your post made me laugh.

Hey, he should get thos carries this week, so why not.

20 carries spread out between many games are very different than in 1 game.

Some guys just play stronger as the game goes on. Not saying Ballard will, but who knows. Foster came out of no where too.

Vick Ballard's combine report.

http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533012/vick-ballard/

Good and for comparison sake open this side by side with the below. Ballard was taken before Morris. Before you go off I am not saying Ballard will have similar success to Alfred.

They are two different situations with different players around them. What I am saying is do not look at Ballard's stats and dismiss the possibility he can be successful enough to help your FF team.

http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533457/alfred-morris/

Again, i have very little knowledge of who Vick Ballard is and what type of talent he is, but read Lesjroza's post and where he was drafted (before Morris).

Am i going to start him? No but i certainly don't want my opponent to pick him up and start him against me.

Colt's schedule against rush defense over the next 3 weeks.

at Jets (31) -- the jets are down to the 3rd string nose tackle.

Browns (26)

at Titans (28)

Does it get any better for Ballard? The Colts should be ahead in these 3 games and i don't see any chance of 'shootouts' in these games.

i think the colts have seen enough of Donald Brown and Delone Carter. This is the chance for them to see what the rookie can do. If he can manage a 4 ypc and score a TD... he might become the full time starter. Just my thoughts. Look... he is worth a pickup at this point. There is more upside to owning him than not owning him.

i think the colts have seen enough of Donald Brown and Delone Carter. This is the chance for them to see what the rookie can do. If he can manage a 4 ypc and score a TD... he might become the full time starter. Just my thoughts. Look... he is worth a pickup at this point. There is more upside to owning him than not owning him.

This is a good point. Keep in mind that those 2 were backs selected by the old regime as well. Carter seemingly been phased out of the game plan and has clearly been passed by Ballard, who was often praised by the coaching staff this off-season.

Mewelde Moore could get some additional work this week as the passing down back, although he hasn't been completely healthy and was inactive last week. Unfortunately the Colts RBs don't seem to catch a ton of passes in the Arians system.

Obviously I wouldn't expect great things, but he could be a useful bye week filler. This could mean even more passing for Andrew Luck.

projected impact on luck?

i can see it both ways.

i think it will be minimal. the colts have been passing over 60% of the time, and not to RBs.

Colts run game is going to struggle regardless of who is in there. They don't get up in points early and their defense can't keep opponents from scoring. They never get the chance to get the run game going.

Colts run game is going to struggle regardless of who is in there. They don't get up in points early and their defense can't keep opponents from scoring. They never get the chance to get the run game going.

Neither do the Jets. So either Ballard or Shonne Green have a great week. One of them have to. Need the Colts to score first.

This is a good point. Keep in mind that those 2 were backs selected by the old regime as well. Carter seemingly been phased out of the game plan and has clearly been passed by Ballard, who was often praised by the coaching staff this off-season.

Mewelde Moore could get some additional work this week as the passing down back, although he hasn't been completely healthy and was inactive last week. Unfortunately the Colts RBs don't seem to catch a ton of passes in the Arians system.

Obviously I wouldn't expect great things, but he could be a useful bye week filler. This could mean even more passing for Andrew Luck.

I thought I had remembered reading prior to my dynasty rookie draft that Ballard was handpicked by the coaching staff as opposed to a scouting dept/GM pick. I was afraid to write it because I have no link or article to quote. In any case, if Ballard should win the job due to performance or by default with a slow Brown recovery it could turn quite a train because look at the full FF stregnth of schedule with link provided below. That is alot of Green with no Red and 2 good playoff matchups in most of my scoring systems.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?o=3&PosID=20&Data=Last5&Show1=6&Show2=17&LeagueID=1

All you need to know is that hes the starter for the next 3 weeks. His opponents are 2 of the worst run defenses in the league,. Beyond that its cloudy but for the next 2 weeks hes a low end RB2 "IF" he gets the carries.

Gotta love these little mid-week surprise injuries. I didn't see that coming and neither did my league mates. I'm now rostering 2 Colt RB's. Exciting! :rolleyes:

Ha, this made me laugh, but why the hell not :overhead: