Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Mathews Owners

....you to have made the offer last week. Window's slammed shut and his trade value is back up to where it was before he got hurt in the preseason.

I'm not an owner but after last week It would take a lot to pry him away from me if I was.

There's too much potential to give him away cheap. I plan on him being an every week starter now that he's playing, so I would want that in return. You may have an opportunity at a package deal if you target the owners weak spot on the roster. i.e. the team I have Mathews on is weak at TE, so I may consider trading him for a RB and an upgrade at TE.

I'll give him and Jeremy Maclin to you for McFadden and Demaryius Thomas. Deal?

Not sure if this is a hypothetical or if you guys are in a league together.

No way I'd take that deal. I want nothing to do with anybody in a Raiders jersey.

No way I'd take that deal. I want nothing to do with anybody in a Raiders jersey.

I have no idea who this freakshow is. I don't think he is necessarily untouchable.

The OP have hardly any parameters so I just pulled names from my anus and typed them. You and I differ. I would take McFadden in that deal for Mathews.

Most folks that drafted him got him cheap (round 2 - 4). Since they were able to land a RB1 between round 2-4, these teams are probably loaded with QB and WR. Unless there's real need right now, it's going to be tough prying him. I got him cheap after week 4 when they did that depth chart change. :thumbsup:

Most folks that drafted him got him cheap (round 2 - 4). Since they were able to land a RB1 between round 2-4, these teams are probably loaded with QB and WR. Unless there's real need right now, it's going to be tough prying him. I got him cheap after week 4 when they did that depth chart change. :thumbsup:

Based on his stats so far this year his owners overpaid for him.

It remains to be seen if that was a bargain pick or not.

The man got me 19 fantasy points and it STILL seemed like they weren't using him enough......i'm rollin with mathews until the wheels fall off :pointstosky:

Based on his stats so far this year his owners overpaid for him.

It remains to be seen if that was a bargain pick or not.

His fanatical fans would demand Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in return for him. They're crazy people.

Just wait 2 weeks for when he gets injured again. Then they'd "only" demand AP or Foster in return or something.

His fanatical fans would demand Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in return for him. They're crazy people.

Just wait 2 weeks for when he gets injured again. Then they'd "only" demand AP or Foster in return or something.

Question: What has one thumb and and is bitter about missing Mathews by one pick? :thumbsup: This guy up here!!!

McCoy, Foster, Rice and Jamaal Charles...only backs I'd take in his stead. Two for one would have to be a pretty darned good back and decent WR, and only if I was hurting @ WR.

Question: What has one thumb and and is bitter about missing Mathews by one pick? :thumbsup: This guy up here!!!

McCoy, Foster, Rice and Jamaal Charles...only backs I'd take in his stead. Two for one would have to be a pretty darned good back and decent WR, and only if I was hurting @ WR.

dunno about that one. Just off the top of my head I'd probably take Peterson or Richardson ahead of him.

dunno about that one. Just off the top of my head I'd probably take Peterson or Richardson ahead of him.

not me, not at this juncture, although they're both good additions to the list. To each his own though :cheers:

Well I have Charles, T-Rich etc. both are much better RBs, and many are comparable. Mathews owners all overrate him like you're doing too. Nobody is going to give you a top back and a top WR for mathews, he is nowhere near the McCoy, Foster, Rice and Charles class.

McCoy, Foster, Rice and Jamaal Charles...only backs I'd take in his stead.

There it is. And it wouldn't terribly surprise me if Mathews outperformed a couple of those guys IF IF IF he can stay healthy.

As a Mathews owner, I feel beat up since drafting him and finally rewarded.

It hurts using an early 3rd round pick on any player missing the first 2 games. When he finally gets on the field he has a bad game, he gets demoted. That was a bit troublesome considering the draft investment. Finally in Week 5 after all the crap, drafters were rewarded with a huge game and confidence in starting Mathews going forward.

Sometimes the good guys win. :thumbsup:

I traded Ridley/Hankerson for him a couple of weeks ago and I wouldn't trade him for anything less than another RB1...because that is what he is and they are hard to come by.

Well I have Charles, T-Rich etc. both are much better RBs, and many are comparable. Mathews owners all overrate him like you're doing too. Nobody is going to give you a top back and a top WR for mathews, he is nowhere near the McCoy, Foster, Rice and Charles class.

Last time I checked Charles had more than one fumble on the season. Mathews is very near that class of RB. He has some fumbling issues and injury issues unfortunately in his career. If you are talking about from a talent stand point he is very near the group you mentioned and could be nearly as productive as Foster if in that offense. This is of course subjective for now as he has only one game to show for this year.

If he ends up a top 10 RB will you be at least willing to admit he was better than you had believed at this point in the season?

Last time I checked Charles had more than one fumble on the season. Mathews is very near that class of RB. He has some fumbling issues and injury issues unfortunately in his career. If you are talking about from a talent stand point he is very near the group you mentioned and could be nearly as productive as Foster if in that offense. This is of course subjective for now as he has only one game to show for this year.

If he ends up a top 10 RB will you be at least willing to admit he was better than you had believed at this point in the season?

If he finishes top 10 then he's top 10, not much sense in arguing that. I highly doubt he will finish ahead of Charles and T-Pain however.

I would take McFadden/Demaryius for him/Maclin (and I actually have Mathews/Maclin in one league)

...but that's because I like McFad too and Maclin is always hurt.

I personally wouldn't trade Mathews for T-Rich but I do think it's close.

I got him for F. Gore (and a dispensable IDP) 2 weeks ago. I was getting laughed at immediately after. I told em it's a marathon, not a sprint. I'm gonna ride the ship until it sinks from here on out.

It would honestly take Foster, McCoy or Rice. I had the opportunity to move him for RG3 or Eli a couple weeks ago, I moved Murray for RG3 instead....so glad I did.

Mathews is a hard-working player and I hope he does well, but not so well that the guy in my division who owns him wins games

What is the deal with all the hating on Mathews and his owner? Do you people really hate Mathews that much? The guy isnt cocky or a jackass. He works hard and is always eager to play. Yea hes had some fumbling issues and had some injuries but damn you guys sound like a lynch mob to anyone who likes mathews and is trying to defend him. Last time I checked Charles has fumbles this year and wasnt he injured and out for the season last year? Sorry but to me you guys are throwing rocks at someone just to throw rocks.

I am almost praying for another mathews turnover so they bench his ass and all you mathews lovers can writhe and pine over your disastrous and costly waste of a roster spot.

Hater. Period.

I am almost praying for another mathews turnover so they bench his ass and all you mathews lovers can writhe and pine over your disastrous and costly waste of a roster spot.

what has two thumbs and is still sore about missing out on mathews? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THIS GUY RIGHT UP HERE!!! Not to mention the weak ass attempt at changing your post. :thumbsdown:

hey thats not right man why dont you quote what i posted

why don't you man up and own what you originally posted? I saw it and quoted just like skinny_bastard did. :rolleyes:

why don't you man up and own what you originally posted? I saw it and quoted just like skinny_bastard did. :rolleyes:

guys please stop quoting me for saying those things why are you doing that

u guys are assxoles change it to what i said

u guys are assxoles change it to what i said

pvssy, stand up for it.

admit if you chancged to quote :(

:rolleyes: yeah, i changed it to exactly what somebody else quoted you as saying. skinny_b was the first one to catch it, and you literally changed it right as I was pointing it out. stop pulling chick moves. own it.

Dude, i didn't change chit.

Those were your quotes.

You are an eff'n hater. Like JGC said...MAN UP DUDE.

Again, not sure why you hate Mathews so much. The dude played 14 games last season. How many running backs played 14+ games and finished in the top 7 last season? 6?

Lock Serpent's quote before he changes it... :rolleyes: