Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Tony Romo

What are Romo owners doing with him? The last memory of Romo i have is of him throwing 5 picks vs Da Bears. He has 1148 Yards passing with only 5 TD and 8 INT's so far.

Baltimore is only allowing 12.3 pts per game to QB's in the first 5 games of 2012. That is 3rd best in NFL behind #2-Seattle(10.3 PPG) and #1-Chicago(8.9 PPG).

Here first 5 games of year for QBs vs Baltimore's defense courtesy of fftoday

Player				wk	result		comp	att	yard	TD	INT	att	yards	TD	Pts
Andy Dalton 		CIN 	1 	W 44-13 (h) 	22 	37 	221 	0 	1 	3 	11 	0 	5.9
Bruce Gradkowski 	CIN 	1 	W 44-13 (h) 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0.0
Michael Vick 		PHI 	2 	L 23-24 (a) 	23 	32 	371 	1 	2 	10 	34 	1 	24.2
Tom Brady 		NE 	3 	W 31-30 (h) 	28 	41 	335 	1 	0 	2 	7 	0 	20.1
Brandon Weeden 		CLE 	4 	W 23-16 (h) 	25 	52 	320 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0 	10.8
Brady Quinn 		KC 	5 	W 9-6 (a) 	3 	3 	32 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	1.3 
Matt Cassel 		KC 	5 	W 9-6 (a) 	9 	15 	92 	0 	2 	4 	14 	0 	-0.9

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?Season=2012&GameWeek=Season&PosID=10&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=81806

Who is starting him and who is benching him and for who? :bench:

What are Romo owners doing with him? The last memory of Romo i have is of him throwing 5 picks vs Da Bears. He has 1148 Yards passing with only 5 TD and 8 INT's so far.

Baltimore is only allowing 12.3 pts per game to QB's in the first 5 games of 2012. That is 3rd best in NFL behind #2-Seattle(10.3 PPG) and #1-Chicago(8.9 PPG).

Here first 5 games of year for QBs vs Baltimore's defense courtesy of fftoday

Player				wk	result		comp	att	yard	TD	INT	att	yards	TD	Pts
Andy Dalton 		CIN 	1 	W 44-13 (h) 	22 	37 	221 	0 	1 	3 	11 	0 	5.9
Bruce Gradkowski 	CIN 	1 	W 44-13 (h) 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0.0
Michael Vick 		PHI 	2 	L 23-24 (a) 	23 	32 	371 	1 	2 	10 	34 	1 	24.2
Tom Brady 		NE 	3 	W 31-30 (h) 	28 	41 	335 	1 	0 	2 	7 	0 	20.1
Brandon Weeden 		CLE 	4 	W 23-16 (h) 	25 	52 	320 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0 	10.8
Brady Quinn 		KC 	5 	W 9-6 (a) 	3 	3 	32 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	1.3 
Matt Cassel 		KC 	5 	W 9-6 (a) 	9 	15 	92 	0 	2 	4 	14 	0 	-0.9

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?Season=2012&GameWeek=Season&PosID=10&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=81806

Who is starting him and who is benching him and for who? :bench:

I have Romo and Cutler and have been playing Romo except last week where Cutler had a solid game vs the Jags.

I have both Romo and Flacco so I have been waffling all week on this. Bottom line for me is that Flacco seems to be playing much better at home. I am hoping for a high scoring game regardless.

The Baltimore defense doesn't scare me so much so I would have no problem starting Romo, but his Oline does scare me a bit.

Flacco just seems safer for about 250 and 2. I'll take that over risking Romo.

I have a three headed QB monster of Romo, Schaub and Ponder. Each week they are generally in the low to mid-teens of QB rankings and usually bunched together. Each week I generally play the wrong choice :thumbsdown: I probably won't start Romo tomorrow but I do have a feeling he will have a decent game. I will have to drop one of them at week 8 due to roster bye week space so I am going to see how Romo (and Ponder) does the next two games before making the decision. If Romo keeps up the scoring in the low teens then I will cut him loose.

what are Romo owners doing?

Losing?

Losing?

Nope. Start him every week other than the bye when I started Cutler. I plan to keep starting him.

That's what I'm doing with him.

after game 1, romo has not performed well. but let's go back to last year, when he threw 3 picks against DET early in the season. after that game, he threw 20+ TDs and only 5 INTs over the rest of the year.

this weekend is once again a tough matchup, because BAL gives up a ton of yardage, but does well with scoring D and takeaways. but remember that romo has played this defense back when they were at the top of their game, and performed well.

Nope. Start him every week other than the bye when I started Cutler. I plan to keep starting him.

That's what I'm doing with him.

:rolleyes:

Yes! Your team clearly won because of Romo and his 5 INTs.

Don't know if the rest of your team went off, or your opponent laid down, but you did NOT win due to the QB position. Period.

If you won, it was in spite of Romo, not because of him.

after game 1, romo has not performed well. but let's go back to last year, when he threw 3 picks against DET early in the season. after that game, he threw 20+ TDs and only 5 INTs over the rest of the year.

this weekend is once again a tough matchup, because BAL gives up a ton of yardage, but does well with scoring D and takeaways. but remember that romo has played this defense back when they were at the top of their game, and performed well.

Here is CBS take on him as they say bench him.

Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys (at BAL)

Current own/start %: 97/20

I'd rather start: Ben Roethlisberger (at TEN), Kevin Kolb (vs. ARI), Christian Ponder (at WAS)

The Ravens have not allowed a quarterback to throw for multiple passing touchdowns against them in 23 straight regular season games. That is the daunting trend that Tony Romo has to try and deal with coming off of the bye week, which followed a disastrous five-interception loss to the Bears in Week 4. Romo has not produced 20 Fantasy points in a game since Week 1 when he had 29 against the Giants. Since then, Romo has a grand total of 27 Fantasy points and has been a huge bust. The Ravens are giving up just 11 Fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks, due in large part to the fact that they have allowed a league-low two passing touchdowns all year long. Only Michael Vick has topped 20 points against the Ravens in 2012 and he needed nine points with his legs to get there. Tom Brady, who is on a different level than Romo, managed just 19 points against this Ravens team and that is why I don't see any reason to start Tony in Week 6. I do believe in him long term and would absolutely buy low after the stinker I expect him to have this Sunday, but I am not starting him in any league this week.

I still can not figure out why i like Romo and the Cowboys? They have cost me the last couple years but yet i keep coming back :wall:

Starting Luck over Romo and Dalton

Similar situation... Starting Luck over Romo and Ponder this week.

The disappointment of Romo has been overshadowed by the emergence of Luck and even Ponder thus far. A bum off the streets could tell you not to start Romo vs BAL D. If Ravens D is vulnerable at all this season it is vs the run, not the pass.

Here is CBS take on him as they say bench him.

I still can not figure out why i like Romo and the Cowboys? They have cost me the last couple years but yet i keep coming back :wall:

if i had romo, that would mean i waited on a QB, which kinda limits matchup options. but generally speaking, i'd play the matchup here and go with a better option if i had one. even if i thought that the matchup might be better, i'd probably sit romo. but it's important to consider everything before making a call.

As a Cowboy fan i've put him on my bench in favor of Alex Smith for now. I realize Alex isn't the greatest QB....but he's hot right now, and Romo's in the midst of his worst NFL games. Until things level out and the Cowboys become productive again...i'll keep it this way.

I FULLY expect him to bounce back though in a week or 2.

Starting Dalton over him.

Starting him over Drew Brees.

:overhead: :thumbsup:

In case anyone is wondering im starting Dalton over Romo in 2 leagues. Or i might start Romo in one and Dalton in the other just in case one has good week and one not so good. :unsure: But the way my season is going im sure they both will suck.

As a Cowboy fan i've put him on my bench in favor of Alex Smith for now. I realize Alex isn't the greatest QB....but he's hot right now, and Romo's in the midst of his worst NFL games. Until things level out and the Cowboys become productive again...i'll keep it this way.

Well that is a little risky right there. Id have to stick with Romo since Smith has a messed up middle finger :pointstosky:

:rolleyes:

Yes! Your team clearly won because of Romo and his 5 INTs.

Don't know if the rest of your team went off, or your opponent laid down, but you did NOT win due to the QB position. Period.

If you won, it was in spite of Romo, not because of him.

The rest of my team is pretty good because I drafted Romo. 7th round. Did anyone draft Romo thinking he would carry them?

5 INT's was 1 week. He's played 4 weeks so far, had a rough start and a really good one. I think it's way too soon to write the book on Romo.

5 INT's was 1 week. He's played 4 weeks so far, had a rough start and a really good one. I think it's way too soon to write the book on Romo.

A $.25 of the season is significant, and that's for teams making the playoffs and playing til week 17. Romo does have an opportunity to turn it around, but he has not given me any reason to think things will change anytime soon. I do not hold Romo entirely responsible. I do not even know where they rank statistically, especially with bye weeks, but Cowboys O is one of the worst in the league from what I have seen IMO. For owners like me who have Luck, I may never look back. Romo is on the... :bench:

I traded romo and Chris Johnson for eli manning and Ryan Williams a few weeks back. Eli has been great but Williams is made of glass. Still glad I made the trade so far.

I don't have Romo, but if I did I'd I wouldn't drop him because he is capable of monster games as proven last year. Unlike Cutler, who I dropped last week and I noticed is still a free agent. I bet Romo wouldn't make it past waivers before someone claimed him.

Well that is a little risky right there. Id have to stick with Romo since Smith has a messed up middle finger :pointstosky:

Still?........wow, that shows you how far Romo has fallen.

btw....."Little Risky" is my brother :P

ROTO

Alex Smith (finger) practiced fully on Friday and is listed as probable for Week 6 against the Giants.

As expected, Smith is in no danger of missing Sunday's game. On the season, Smith has posted an 8:1 TD-to-INT ratio and is averaging 217 passing yards per game.

Still?........wow, that shows you how far Romo has fallen.

btw....."Little Risky" is my brother :P

ROTO

Alex Smith (finger) practiced fully on Friday and is listed as probable for Week 6 against the Giants.

As expected, Smith is in no danger of missing Sunday's game. On the season, Smith has posted an 8:1 TD-to-INT ratio and is averaging 217 passing yards per game.

Yeah i made sure i read that on Rotoworld before i said that :thumbsup:

Check out the Expert Consensus Ranking from fantasypros.com I filtered them by date.

FantasyPros.com 				
Week 6 - QB Rankings 				
Expert Consensus Rankings (ECR) 				

Rank 	 Player Name 	                  Matchup   Best Rank  Worst Rank 
1	Matt Ryan	                  vs  OAK	1	2
2	Aaron Rodgers	                  at  HOU	1	6
3	Peyton Manning	                  at  SD	2	7
4	Tom Brady	                  at  SEA	3	15
5	Robert Griffin III	          vs  MIN	2	17
6	Michael Vick	                  vs  DET	3	14
7	Eli Manning	                  at  SF	4	15
8	Matthew Stafford	          at  PHI	3	13
9	Philip Rivers	                  vs  DEN	4	20
10	Ben Roethlisberger	          at  TEN	2	9
11	Andrew Luck	                  at  NYJ	5	17
12	Andy Dalton	                  at  CLE	5	19
13	Christian Ponder	          at  WAS	7	18
14	Tony Romo	                  at  BAL	8	18
15	Matt Schaub	                  vs  GB	8	19
16	Joe Flacco	                  vs  DAL	8	18
17	Alex Smith	                  vs  NYG	11	22
18	Kevin Kolb	                  vs  BUF	11	27
19	Carson Palmer	                  at  ATL	12	25
20	Ryan Fitzpatrick	          at  ARI	15	24
21	Josh Freeman	                  vs  KC	17	25
22	Brandon Weeden	                  vs  CIN	15	26
23	Matt Hasselbeck	                  vs  PIT	18	28
24	Ryan Tannehill	                  vs  STL	18	28
25	Sam Bradford	                  at  MIA	19	28
26	Brady Quinn	                  at  TB	19	29
27	Mark Sanchez	                  vs  IND	19	28
28	Russell Wilson	                  vs  NE	21	28
29	Tim Tebow	                  vs  IND	28	30
30	Colin Kaepernick	          vs  NYG	29	30
31	Kirk Cousins	                  vs  MIN	31	32

Damn you have Luck, Dalton, and Ponder ahead of Romo and Romo at #14 overall :shocking: My how times have changed in just 5 weeks.

Jeter fractured ankle he is done

I traded romo and Chris Johnson for eli manning and Ryan Williams a few weeks back. Eli has been great but Williams is made of glass. Still glad I made the trade so far.

I wouldn't feel that good about this trade if I were you.

I wouldn't feel that good about this trade if I were you.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. Id be :headbanger: :banana: :doublethumbsup: if i got CJ and Romo for Eli and Williams.

I like Romo as a great "buy low" guy right now. Especially if i was starting someone like Luck, RGIII, or even Newton.

Just went to check out news on my site and this was first on My Players News on CBS. Instead of lightening his load they need to find a running game. Well i guess that actually goes hand in hand.

Cowboys to lighten Romo's load

Tony Romo, QB, DAL

News: After throwing five interceptions his last time out, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will be looking to get back on track heading into Week 6 at Baltimore. With an extra week of preparation, the Cowboys are planning to lighten Romo's pre-snap against a Baltimore defense that has yielded 261 passing yards per game. "As a staff, we talked about just lightening (Romo's) load and trying to do things that are simple and giving him more peace of mind that he can just come up and call a play and run it," offensive coordinator Bill Callahan told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "That simplification will help all of us, and we'll see."

Analysis: Romo has eclipsed the 300-yard mark twice this season and has only had one multi-touchdown game to go along with his eight total interceptions. The Ravens haven't allowed a quarterback to throw for two touchdowns in 25 consecutive games, dating back to 2010. Baltimore has allowed just 11 Fantasy points per game against opposing quarterbacks, which puts them third in the league. Starting Romo in his first game since his five-interception fiasco may be risky. He is considered as a low-end option in deeper formats heading into Week 6.

Well Murray is hurt and Ravens just ran kickoff back for TD so they gonna have to throw the ball. Wait a minute that might be bad too :unsure:

Well Murray is hurt and Ravens just ran kickoff back for TD so they gonna have to throw the ball. Wait a minute that might be bad too :unsure:

hard to win away games when you make mistakes. the difference in this game is the romo INT and the return TD.

:wall:

hard to win away games when you make mistakes. the difference in this game is the romo INT and the return TD.

:wall:

You can also say the difference is the Dez 2pt conversion drop, or the missed assignments that led to the kick off return, or one of several big penalties on Dallas. That being said, I had Romo on the bench today and as a cowboys fan and a ff owner I am continually frustrated by the ups and downs of Romo.

You can also say the difference is the Dez 2pt conversion drop, or the missed assignments that led to the kick off return, or one of several big penalties on Dallas. That being said, I had Romo on the bench today and as a cowboys fan and a ff owner I am continually frustrated by the ups and downs of Romo.

mine was posted before the game was over. romo was clutch on the TD drive, and then bryant literally let the game slip through his hands.

it's exasperating--seems like there's always something going wrong to cancel out whatever might be going right. gash the BAL defense for almost 500 yards...then give up a special teams TD. murray puts up 90yds rushing in the 1st half...then gets hurt. romo plays brilliantly in crunch time...but only after an INT that turns into a TD drive.

seems like we can't put together a complete game in all 3 phases. the season isn't lost by any means, but unless they can fix the damn mistakes in a big damn hurry, we might as well start mocking the 14th-18th picks of the 2013 draft.

something i've been thinking for the last few games--has anyone else noticed that romo's passes seem to lack zip this season? he's always had a good arm (though not a great one). but lately it seems like passes are in the air a split second longer than they used to.

or is that just me?

Well, Dalton over Romo no longer works. And to think, I thought this guy was a steal in the 5th round. I wish I had taken him in the 7th, but I only ever saw him drop that far once, and I didn't take him that time.

It doesn't look like he will turn it around this year either. The Cowboys should have kept Laurent Robinson.