Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Wilson or Brown

Why wouldn't it be brown? He has done it succesfully when given the opportunity?

Giants are a superbowl contender and I'm sure Wilson hasn't mastered picking up the pass rush..

Why do people think it is Wilson over Brown. I think it is Brown over Wilson.

One of these guys could be the big push to a fantasy bowl this year for someone if bradshaw goes down.

Who is the main guy in your opinion without Bradshaw?

Wilson has more talent than Brown, and maybe more than Bradshaw, but he's raw. Brown already proved he can do it. I grabbed Wilson off WW just to cover my rear on Bradshaw, but that's purely a guess.

Wilson has more talent than Brown, and maybe more than Bradshaw, but he's raw. Brown already proved he can do it. I grabbed Wilson off WW just to cover my rear on Bradshaw, but that's purely a guess.

I might just grab both and let it play itself out.

If Bradshaw was out for the season, I'd give a slight edge to Brown. However, it would be a RBBC, if it's not already.

The reason I would give the edge to Brown is because Wilson isn't the best pass blocker yet, and if you can't protect Eli, you're not going to always be in the game to get a ton of touches. The Giants know where their bread and butter is.

The reason I would give the edge to Brown is because Wilson isn't the best pass blocker yet, and if you can't protect Eli, you're not going to always be in the game to get a ton of touches. The Giants know where their bread and butter is.

also because Brown is on your fantasy team and Wilson's not

That's the thing with opinions on here. They largely based on wishful thinking by biased owners. So they are useless for the most part, mine included. For example, the OP must be a Brown owner.

That said, Wilson is definitely the RB to own. His ceiling is far higher. (See below)

Wilson's issues have been ball-security and pass-blocking. However, I believe pass-blocking hasn't been a big strength for Brown either. If Bradshaw were to go down for the season, I think whichever of these guys can make Coughlin most comfortable that they are able to protect Manning when called upon in the blocking scheme will see the field the most (and mabye by a good margin). That said, I would expect them both to be used in some capacity. -Even now, with Bradshaw still in the mix, I think Wilson is making a bid to see a handful of carries per game (due to his explosiveness).

If Bradshaw goes down, Wilson will get the first crack. However, he will be on a very short leash. One fumble or one missed block that puts Eli on the ground, we'll see Brown or some one else from the practice squad take over.

If Bradshaw goes down, Wilson will get the first crack. However, he will be on a very short leash. One fumble or one missed block that puts Eli on the ground, we'll see Brown or some one else from the practice squad take over.

Da'Rel Scott!

:pointstosky:

NOT on the practice squad. :mad:

Why did Brown get the first crack just a few weeks ago then? I think Wilson is overrated. I own neither. I'm a Bradshaw owner and I approve this message.

When Bradshaw went down before, Brown took over the starting spot. If something were to happen today, I suspect they would handle it the same way. But Wilson's time is going to increase in time regardless of Bradshaw or Brown. The team loves Wilson and have since day 1.

When Bradshaw went down before, Brown took over the starting spot. If something were to happen today, I suspect they would handle it the same way. But Wilson's time is going to increase in time regardless of Bradshaw or Brown. The team loves Wilson and have since day 1.

I agree that Brown would be the starter but Wilson would be getting more work that would put a lid on Brown's value. The staff loves Wilson's play making ability but are concerned about mental errors in pass protection.

bradshaw is going to play. he has played through foot issues the majority of his career with blue.

I hope so, but lets just pretend he doesn't - Brown or Wilson this week?

Actually, I don't own either and I traded Bradshaw away last week (for Murray, damn....). The Giants obviously think Wilson is a great talent with a future as a feature back, or else he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round. If Bradshaw stays healthy, I would rank Wilson over Brown since the Giants can be selective about what situations he's in. He also wouldn't have the pressure of the team relying on him while he gets over his inexperience. However, from what I understand of the topic, the question is, who has the potential to score more if Bradshaw is out? I think Coughlin goes with experience over raw talent; at least for this season, especially while they remain playoff contenders.

I hope so, but lets just pretend he doesn't - Brown or Wilson this week?

Brown. And I agree with glove's assessment for what is likely should Bradshaw miss more time.

as a giants homer, we all wish he would go with wilson - more explosiveness and more upside. but tom has, and the man has won two rings in the last 4 years, gone with experience and pass protection first. the fact of the matter is we all know without eli, we would be half the team we are, and tom knows it. next man up works, but not with qb. our backup is carr.

he will go with the more experienced back more than not. and that is brown, if healthy enough.

rotoworld:

Andre Brown worked with the first-team offense during Wednesday's practice.

Interesting. In Brown's first practice since a concussion, he was slotted in ahead of David Wilson. It's evidence that the flashy rookie hasn't flipped the depth chart despite working his way out of the doghouse. Ahmad Bradshaw rested his chronic foot injury, but is expected back at practice Thursday.

I don't know that Bradshaw's going down or out, but he has been limited before by that foot issue and what I remember is the Giants using Jacobs in a time share. I could see Brown getting that Jacobs work and end zone opportunities and Wilson getting the old Ware role. Of course the Giants offense is a whole lot better now than it was then. I think Wilson's biggest problem has been his fumbles earlier in the year.

Just in from Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) and Hakeem Nicks (knee, foot) are both practicing Thursday.

This confirms the setback with Bradshaw's troublesome foot is not serious. He's on track to suit up for Sunday's game against the Redskins, but the Giants figure to be much more careful with his workload going forward. Andre Brown (concussion) is ready to go, electric David Wilson is out of the doghouse and they should have known that Bradshaw would not respond well to the 57 carries he racked up in Weeks 5 and 6.

If Bradshaw goes down, its gonna be andre first spelled by Wilson. The giants aren't even trying to hide that fact. Wilson is the future but andre may very well be the present (backup)

If Bradshaw goes down, its gonna be andre first spelled by Wilson. The giants aren't even trying to hide that fact. Wilson is the future but andre may very well be the present (backup)

Really? They aren't even trying to hide it after drafting him in the first round last year?

Look. The Giants bring along RBs slowly. OK ... not a lotta rookie RBs carrying the ball for the G-Men. Evah!

Just went through an assessment period and decided to let DJ Ware go. Kept Brown, Wilson and Scott.

I think some kinda 3 headed monster comes out of those guys if Bradshaw misses time. It's crazy that we are even talking about who is the 3rd and 4th string RB is for the Giants ... it's absurd. Go get Jonathan Dryer or somebody that actually might get some carries this week.

Glad you love Scott...btw...as if we didn't already know how little you know about football.

Scott is out for a while after having surgery to repair his meniscus.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/17/new-york-giants-running-back-darel-scott-undergoes-knee-surgery/

Oh fock, when did that happen?

Get well Scott ....

... on another team cuz we have David Wilson nao! Bizz-niatch!

And also Andre Brown. Who I was sayin the whole time was next behind Bradshaw.

"You could eat a dumb dumb sandwitch and vote for the guy who didn't kill bin Laden .... but WHY WOULDJA DO IT? WHY WOULDHA DO EHHH!!!!???"

Oh fock, when did that happen?

Get well Scott ....

Strangely, it happened mysteriously the week Chris Canty comes off the PUP list and the team needs to clear a roster spot.

Strangely, it happened mysteriously the week Chris Canty comes off the PUP list and the team needs to clear a roster spot.

That is strange.

Scott, last year as a rookie ... like 2nd or third carry in a real game fumbled. Looked great in camp ... looked like the fastest guy on the squad ... it's gonna be the next Ed McCaffrey. Giants are gonna regret losing that kid if he loses his job.

But I gotta say ... seeing the way Wilson returns kicks. He's dynamic. Hope Im wrong that he wont make an impact this year. So far I'm right.

Not as right as I was about Floyd but ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG47CpsU6c

Floyd was my rookie bust pick.

Lotta rookies this year I did not say they all will do bad. I did not say Wilson will suck. I did not say he's not worth owning.

WILSON!!!!!!

It must suck to be hoping for anyone named Wilson in FF.

Andre Brown is the guy you want to handcuff Bradshaw with.

I'm sorry Wilson owners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zaO-hUYag

WILLSONNN!!!

:cry:

How'd I know you were gonna finish your last rant with your rookie bust pick proclamation? Congratulations GFIAFP, but to be honest, Floyd was only drafted in one of the 5 leagues I play in so not like he fizzled after a huge training camp or anything.

Keep tooting your own horn tho!

Willson is going to be a very good back some day, but we are going to have to be patient. Here is the latest from OC Kevin Gilbride:

Well see, Gilbride said when asked if Wilson would get more opportunities. Hes progressing in some things, but some things he has a ways to go. Hes got a lot of room for growth.

By the way, if we are not talking fantasy here, Wilson has made a huge impact for the Giants as a returner already.

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) is questionable to face the Redskins in Week 7 after sitting out Friday's practice.

Coach Tom Coughlin insists there has been no setback even though Bradshaw's foot was sore after returning to practice on Thursday. Beat writers noted that Bradshaw wasn't moving much in the media-access portion of practice, though Coughlin still wants him ready for Sunday. If Bradshaw's foot doesn't cooperate, Andre Brown would likely draw the start with David Wilson in a change-of-pace role.

Related: David Wilson, Andre Brown

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Oct 19 - 1:01 PM

I'm sure he's fine though right?

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants

Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) is questionable to face the Redskins in Week 7 after sitting out Friday's practice.

Coach Tom Coughlin insists there has been no setback even though Bradshaw's foot was sore after returning to practice on Thursday. Beat writers noted that Bradshaw wasn't moving much in the media-access portion of practice, though Coughlin still wants him ready for Sunday. If Bradshaw's foot doesn't cooperate, Andre Brown would likely draw the start with David Wilson in a change-of-pace role.

Related: David Wilson, Andre Brown

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Oct 19 - 1:01 PM

I'm sure he's fine though right?

The foot thing is so not good. On top of the neck problem too.

I knew it, as soon as he started getting all those carries, too much for the guy.

The foot thing is so not good. On top of the neck problem too.

I knew it, as soon as he started getting all those carries, too much for the guy.

Yeah, really all he can handle is maybe 10 carries a game and 5 receptions at most, but you can't do much with that. Actually if he wasn't so afraid of Andre Brown taking over I bet he wouldn't even be playing right now. I think he was comfortable with Wilson behind him but got scared with Brown.

Probably the Giants will go with a timeshare and nobody will be startable for them.

Yeah, really all he can handle is maybe 10 carries a game and 5 receptions at most, but you can't do much with that. Actually if he wasn't so afraid of Andre Brown taking over I bet he wouldn't even be playing right now. I think he was comfortable with Wilson behind him but got scared with Brown.

Probably the Giants will go with a timeshare and nobody will be startable for them.

I do not agree. They've seen enough of Brown to know he can carry the load. He takes over the Bradshaw role and Wilson's role remains unchanged.

It doesn't matter who the running back is, if they don't have Eli, they aren't going anywhere. If they don't trust Wilson in pass pro, his role will be severely limited.

It doesn't matter who the running back is, if they don't have Eli, they aren't going anywhere. If they don't trust Wilson in pass pro, his role will be severely limited.

Bingo.