Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Just Traded High on CJ2K

I just traded CJ2K along with Jeremy Maclin for Matthew Stafford and Wes Welker. Standard scoring, no PPR, WR/TE combo, no flex. I think I made out pretty well. Now my roster looks like this...

QB: Stafford, Vick

RB: Rice, Forte, Martin, Mendenhall

WR: Cruz, VJax, Welker, Nicks, Bowe

I felt like anything could happen this week and get it while you can. The owner I made the deal with just lost MJD and was desperate so I don't think I could have received more elsewhere.

What is he going for in your leagues?

Eric Karabell on ESPN said he would trade CJ2K straight up for any top 20 RB or any top 15 WR. Using that criteria, I did very well. Thoughts?

I don't like it - a healthy Maclin (and he is healthy now) is just as viable an option as Welker (this year). In the past Welker's value was a much better upgrade over Maclin - but now not so much. Stafford is nothing like last year. CJ2K came on strong late last year and he might be doing the same - which means you just got the short end of this trade big time.

Good luck.

Stafford has been a colossal bust this year. I actually think you got robbed if that's possible.

Well then.... If Eric Karabell said you made a good trade, then it must be true.

By chance, did Matthew Berry sign off on this trade as well?

Meh. Stafford kinda sucks, but Welker is pretty damn solid as always. Maclin hasn't done squat yet and CJ can't be trusted. I'd say that trade is slightly in your favor. But only slightly.

Wow. Didn't think that was coming. Epic blasts all around. Thanks for that. Stay classy. Why don't you guys quit your jobs so ESPN can hire you as a fantasy expert. I am sure you will be able to add value to their great product so they can fire Karabell, Harris and Berry and let you take over.

Let me ask you this...If I had done this trade last Monday instead of today following a 31 point game for CJ, would you still feel as strongly? I think not. You would probably say I fleeced the guy.

I have three solid backs and one good one once he is healthy. I feel Welker is better than Maclin by far. If you don't, that's a you problem. Look at the numbers. Stafford might sit on my bench he might not. It will probably be a match-up play with Vick. This may blow up in my face if Rice or Forte gets hurt. Martin is re-emerging and Mendy, I hope, will return to form.

I am 6-1 now because of my depth. I used a little of it to get stronger, I feel, at QB and add stronger depth at WR.

no point in getting upset. People are just trying to make a point...

I like that you sold from your strength, its just that you might have picked the wrong targets? Stafford has a rough schedule during the playoff weeks, and at 6-1 that's what you should be preparing for. He wont help you there at all, but CJ0K might have. Welker vs Maclin might be a slight upgrade, but Welker has already shown this season that he doesnt produce as much with a healthy Hernandez (and Edelman) involved in the offence.

Would I prefer Welker over Maclin? Sure. Do I think you should have aimed other players? Absolutely.

Yeah not a good trade and I would have said that on Monday or today. My issue is how well CJ has played he should have gotten you better players. I would rather have CJ and macklin if thats what I was getting. But you know what , all trades really need to be evaluated at the seasons end. Just as of today this is not a good trade.

lol someone is butt hurt. Don't post your trades on a FF forum then get mad at the replys you get.

Wow. Didn't think that was coming. Epic blasts all around. Thanks for that. Stay classy. Why don't you guys quit your jobs so ESPN can hire you as a fantasy expert. I am sure you will be able to add value to their great product so they can fire Karabell, Harris and Berry and let you take over.

Let me ask you this...If I had done this trade last Monday instead of today following a 31 point game for CJ, would you still feel as strongly? I think not. You would probably say I fleeced the guy.

I have three solid backs and one good one once he is healthy. I feel Welker is better than Maclin by far. If you don't, that's a you problem. Look at the numbers. Stafford might sit on my bench he might not. It will probably be a match-up play with Vick. This may blow up in my face if Rice or Forte gets hurt. Martin is re-emerging and Mendy, I hope, will return to form.

I am 6-1 now because of my depth. I used a little of it to get stronger, I feel, at QB and add stronger depth at WR.

Did you come here to get an honest opinion about your trade or did you come here to boast about your team :thumbsdown:

It's a Rate my Team/Rate my Trade Question, which doesn't belong here. And then you get negative feedback and start b!tching like a little kid. :doh:

Stafford sucks.

It's debatable on whether Welker will be better then Maclin for the rest of the season.

CJ is an enigma, but he might be a good start against soft defenses going forward.

I dont like the trade but time will tell.

Terrible trade. You have most likely irreparably hurt your team.

I waited for CJ2K to finally get going and he has produced 3 of the last 4 weeks. He faces the Colts and their weak run-D this week. I'm considering waiting for this week and then trading him. What kind of players should I aim for (strong at WR)? I'm weak at TE (Pitta and Gresham) should I trade him straight up for Jimmy Graham or am I giving up too much? Should I trade for RG3 if I have Romo and Rivers as my QBs? Or try to get a top notch RB like McCoy in a 2-for-1 deal?

I waited for CJ2K to finally get going and he has produced 3 of the last 4 weeks. He faces the Colts and their weak run-D this week. I'm considering waiting for this week and then trading him. What kind of players should I aim for (strong at WR)? I'm weak at TE (Pitta and Gresham) should I trade him straight up for Jimmy Graham or am I giving up too much? Should I trade for RG3 if I have Romo and Rivers as my QBs? Or try to get a top notch RB like McCoy in a 2-for-1 deal?

I may be in the minority here, but i would not wait another week to trade him. The iron is hot, my friend, STRIKE... That being said, if i were the graham owner i would not do this deal... CJ has performed very poorly until the last couple of weeks. Because of that i think that you are looking at a 2nd tier TE... maybe a Gonzalez or a witten type player... now that doesn't mean that you shouldn't TRY and get a graham or gronk type TE... but don't be disappointed if it doesn't go through.

IMO i would be happy to unload CJ for a witten type TE if you are hurting... or go for some RB with a weak playoff schedule if you are likely in. I like bradshaw, mcgahee... or even a buy low on trent richardson... risky i know.

good luck!