Sign in to follow this  
swashbuckler

Dwyer will likely draw another start this week

It appears Mendy is out again and Redman is now limited.

I've plugged in Dwyer as my RB2...over Turner. I'm pretty sure Ben is gonna dismantle the WAS secondary as that will open things up for the run game...giving Dwyer a chance at possible 80/1 game. Maybe a catch good for 10-15 yds. WAS has faced maybe two notable backs in AD and Bradshaw, but most teams aren't running more than 20-25 plays a game...I suspect that is because their secondary is so awful.

ATL is gonna need the run to establish the pass against a decent Philly defense. I see about 15+ touches but don't think he'll break away for many yards. I say 75/1.

I'm inclined to play Turner instead, I just really don't like his matchup.

I picked up Andre Brown so that in the unlikely event Bradshaw doesn't play, I'm puttin' him in.

Who is starting Dwyer against a WAS D that is yet to allow a rusher hit the century mark?

I cant decide......might play him at flex over Dez Bryant who is about as reliable as my peemus after a night of drinking.

Crap...

I cant decide......might play him at flex over Dez Bryant who is about as reliable as my peemus after a night of drinking.

:lol:

Call me cooky :wacko: but I'm startin' Dez...but I kinda have to. I may need Britt in case Nelson doesn't play. Still like Dez over Britt.

Who is starting Dwyer against a WAS D that is yet to allow a rusher hit the century mark?

:crickets:

I am going to wait another day or so. Vick Ballard is my rb2 and they play Tennessee. I hear a rumor that Donald Brown might play this week. If Ballard is splitting time, I am running with Dwyer. I signed him last last nite.

:lol:

Call me cooky :wacko: but I'm startin' Dez...but I kinda have to. I may need Britt in case Nelson doesn't play. Still like Dez over Britt.

Im doing the same.....was excited to have Dez and Britt has #3 and #4 WR's when the season started.....now....yuck.

GIVE IT TO THE BUS2.

I played him last week in place of Mendy, and I have to this week. Kinda hoping they declare Mendy OUT.

With AF on a bye, and I traded Mcgahee.....so it's SJAX and Dwyer.

Fock that sucks.

For reasons some of you have already mentioned, I feel great about the UNDER 47.5 in this game. I anticipate both teams running the ball somewhat effectively, making for a fast moving game. STEELERS 24-20.

Jennings or Dwyer?

Id say jennings just from amount of touches and hes a better back than Dwyer.

I am in the same boat. Have Mendy and Dwyer. Also have Ballard. Byes have me loooking at playing both potenttial but I also have M Floyd against Clev secondary. Leaning towards Ballard and Dwyer but have Floyd in the flex right now. Just waiting to the last second based on practice reports.

This season really has sucked with injuries and bye combos. I haven't dealt with this much weekly problems in the 10+ years of doing ff. Guess it was my time.

Chad Henne looks absolutely horrible out there. GB should be up big early. Jenning's production will have to be on the dump offs.

If Dwyer starts and Mendy is ruled out, i would go with Dwyer.

CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora confirms Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) will not play Sunday versus the Redskins.

The good news is that Mendenhall is on schedule to return in Week 9. Isaac Redman (ankle) is practicing again on Friday, but Steelers beat writers unanimously expect Jonathan Dwyer to be the featured back in Week 8. Mendenhall is expected to regain the starting role at the Giants next week. Oct 26 - 12:58 PM

CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora confirms Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) will not play Sunday versus the Redskins.

The good news is that Mendenhall is on schedule to return in Week 9. Isaac Redman (ankle) is practicing again on Friday, but Steelers beat writers unanimously expect Jonathan Dwyer to be the featured back in Week 8. Mendenhall is expected to regain the starting role at the Giants next week. Oct 26 - 12:58 PM

This is good new all around for us owners with both.

Definite Start for Dwyer this week, and Mendy next week, no rotation or RBBC BS.

This might be OK.

Let the Fat Bus Roll !

Definite Start for Dwyer this week, and Mendy next week, no rotation or RBBC BS.

This might be OK.

Let the Fat Bus Roll !

Yes Sir :headbanger:

Yes......let the Fat Bus roll!!! :headbanger:

I really liked what i saw in him last week, and i would have won my game if he would have had one more step on the guy that tripped him up on his way to the end zone.

So i think he's going to be extra HUNGRY this week, let's hope for at least 100/2 TD's

Yes......let the Fat Bus roll!!! :headbanger:

I really liked what i saw in him last week, and i would have won my game if he would have had one more step on the guy that tripped him up on his way to the end zone.

So i think he's going to be extra HUNGRY this week, let's hope for at least 100/2 TD's

So i think he's going to be extra HUNGRY this week, let's hope for at least 100/2 TD's :cheers:

This might be OK.

Let the Fat Bus Roll !

Yep!!! :cheers:

Im sitting Dez's ass on the bench.....roll fat man! Roll!!

I dropped Ballard to pick up Dwyer. Since DBrown is expected to play cant roll with Ballard. GB will hold Jennings to nada. Jags only game plan is to run so GB will b ready.

I have M Bush but Forte is healthy so i cant play Bush. Dwyer it will b.

Rotoworld:

Steelers declared RBs Isaac Redman and Rashard Mendenhall, CB DeMarcus Van Dyke, SS Troy Polamalu, RT Marcus Gilbert, and LB Brandon Johnson inactive for Sunday's game against the Redskins.

With Rice off it was either Dwyer or Richardson. Looks like Dwyer may play the whole game today. I would be happy with 50 yds and 1 TD!!

Anyone care to guess how many touches Chris Rainey gets?

for some stupid reason pitt just won't let Dwyer run the ball....I guess 9 ypc just isn't good nuff

5 carries 45 yds

'Might' be the starter going forward. :shocking:

"ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley is convinced Jonathan Dwyer will be the Steelers' starter even when Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles') returns.

"He should be the Steelers' starter," Hensley wrote. "I'm not sure it's even a question at this point." Dwyer's right quadricep muscle "tightened up" on the Steelers' final drive of Week 8, although he said he's "fine" after the win. Coach Mike Tomlin indicated that he'll shed some light on the running back situation this week. Tomlin has Tuesday press conferences. "

'Might' be the starter going forward. :shocking:

"ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley is convinced Jonathan Dwyer will be the Steelers' starter even when Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles') returns.

"He should be the Steelers' starter," Hensley wrote. "I'm not sure it's even a question at this point." Dwyer's right quadricep muscle "tightened up" on the Steelers' final drive of Week 8, although he said he's "fine" after the win. Coach Mike Tomlin indicated that he'll shed some light on the running back situation this week. Tomlin has Tuesday press conferences. "

FYI, this is a blogger who is stating his opinion. It is not based on any kind of "inside" information, coaches quote, or anything of that nature.

Dwyer has looked very good the last 2 weeks, but the fact is that Tomlin is extremely loyal to his veterans. If Mendenhall gets back to 100%, it is very likely (IMO) that he will return to his role as starter.

FYI, this is a blogger who is stating his opinion. It is not based on any kind of "inside" information, coaches quote, or anything of that nature.

Dwyer has looked very good the last 2 weeks, but the fact is that Tomlin is extremely loyal to his veterans. If Mendenhall gets back to 100%, it is very likely (IMO) that he will return to his role as starter.

"The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette believes there will only be a running back controversy in Pittsburgh if the Steelers don't start Jonathan Dwyer in Week 9.

The offense simply works better with Dwyer as the smash-mouth hammerhead whereas Rashard Mendenhall tends to break runs outside. According to Pro Football Focus, 187 of Dwyer's 239 yards (78.2 percent) over the past two games have come after contact. Only C.J. Spiller entered Week 8 with a higher Yards After Contact per attempt average than Dwyer's 4.1, and that number only went up versus the Redskins. While coach Mike Tomlin remains noncommittal, we tentatively expect Dwyer to remain the primary early-down runner for Week 9. Oct 29 - 11:04 AM"

Another one...

No he will play best player period that is his history. Best example has to be putting a healthy ward basically from #2 wr to #5 by end of last year. Also playing a ton of rookies since he became coach.

Let's put this in perspective.

- Dwyer has 3 100-yard games over the last 2 years

- He has 83 carries for his career

- He put together back-to-back 100 yard games, something that Mendy has never done

You have to figure that they are going to be complimentary backs and you are looking at an RBBC, but the Steelers have to like the pounding style that a Dwyer will give them vs. Mendy's.

Let's put this in perspective.

- Dwyer has 3 100-yard games over the last 2 years

- He has 83 carries for his career

- He put together back-to-back 100 yard games, something that Mendy has never done

You have to figure that they are going to be complimentary backs and you are looking at an RBBC, but the Steelers have to like the pounding style that a Dwyer will give them vs. Mendy's.

Mendy is a UFA after this season and coming off major knee injury.

Dwyer gives the steelers a completely different look on offense. He is ranked 2nd to Spiller on yards after contact. This is a HUGE advantage for a Steelers team not known for it's run block.

Mendy is a UFA after this season and coming off major knee injury.

Dwyer gives the steelers a completely different look on offense. He is ranked 2nd to Spiller on yards after contact. This is a HUGE advantage for a Steelers team not known for it's run block.

I still think that Mendy will be a change of pace when healthy and I think that Redman will cut into carries. I have Dwyer and would love to see him take complete control of the backfield. I see this as a RBBC.

GIVE IT TO THE BUS2.

You shouldn't sleep on Dwyer at this point. The Jerome Bettis comparisons are flying all over the place, led by no less than Roethlisberger himself. Steelers fans love that bruising style of runner. It's an amazing turnaround considering that Dwyer was only averaging 2.9 ypc before these last 2 games and had been a healthy scratch twice.

At the very least, the Steelers should ride the hot hand, because lord knows they had no running game to speak of before. Mendenhall may be scrounging for playing time unless/until Dwyer falters.