Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

So much for RG3 being good.

He's probably still solid for fantasy purposes, especially considering where you got him.

But for real football, he just doesn't get it done. All the other rookie QBs are getting it done through the air in traditional offenses. RG3 can't pass for over 300 yards (Luck threw for over 400!) and can't get passing TDs either. I didn't see the game today, although I did watch several of the other games. RG3 started off well, but he has not improved at all, whereas the other rookie QBs are all clearly getting better and are now developing into solid passers who can carry an offense.

RG3 can't even run the 2 minute drill or the no huddle. He can't even rely on the pass period, because he winds up just getting sacked. So they run gimmicky option stuff or mix in the run even when they're down big and haven't been able to get anything going. If you can't ever have your QB drop back to pass 10 times in a row or something like 10/12 times you don't have an actual QB, you have maybe a game manager. This is the NFL, winning teams pass 60%+ of the time, especially early on when a game is in question, and then run the clock out a bit later on with the run. But still, passing 35 times a game is pretty much standard, and getting to 50 passes when you're behind big is common place.

Andrew Luck and the other young QBs are doing so, RG3 isn't.

And I like RG3 and have supported the guy in the past. But he needs to start stepping up.

are you guys fockin kidding me? you probably drafted him in the 7th or 8th rounnds. he is fine, rest of your team sucks.

Let's take the redskins as a whole into consideration here..

They are a thousand times better with RGIII under center than any of the alternatives. He literally has ZERO offensive weapons outside of Morris.

He's pretty damn good actually.

I have an offer waiting for me of RG3 for Marshawn Lynch. I need a QB bad and have Rice & Morris too. I was all set to click accept, but now I'm wondering if I should just trade Morris instead and get Roethlisberger.

RG3 has had 2 rough games in a row. 1 is understandable against the Steelers Defense (his receivers dropped a lot of passes too) but this one was just plain awful to watch.

Eight games into the guy's NFL career and he sucks. :rolleyes:

Some of you hysterical crying Nancys need to get a grip.

Never starting him again. My own fault for buying into the hype.

Paulson at least can catch

Hankerson & Josh Morgan can't and RG3 knows it.

That's the problem along with a suspect D

Always said Luck will outscore Robert Griffin by the end of the year. Luck will prove to be the better pick (if you drafted him).

I'd take losing the rest of my games this year for that to happen

+1 :doublethumbsup:

It's painful to watch right now. Griffin's eyes are downfield but there's just nothing there and he's forced to either check it down short or run with it over and over again. He targeted Josh freakin Morgan 12 times today, that's how slim his options are. Worst group of receivers in the league without Garcon and Davis, maybe by far. They don't even have a good pass catching RB with Helu gone. There's no comparison with Luck, who still has Reggie Wayne and some pretty talented young receivers.

Please show me a qb that does well every single week??? This thread is ridiculous to be honest. No offense to the OP but no one does well every single week

True...but I think this is more likely what he will produce moving forward....the first 4-5 games when he tore it up was great...but those days are over. Not all his fault....bad WR's on that team too.

From NBC Pro Football Talk:

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III received rib X-rays after Sunday’s loss to the Panthers. The X-rays were negative. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Griffin is “really sore.” Though he said after the game that he’s “fine,” we’re told he expects to have a rough night sleeping. The Redskins are off next week, so he’ll have extra time to recover.

This sounds like the truth to me. RG3 is less polished than Luck, i dont think many people debated that coming out of college. But no way Andrew Luck has the kind of season he is having if he had the Redskins WR/TE situation.

This sounds like the truth to me. RG3 is less polished than Luck, i dont think many people debated that coming out of college. But no way Andrew Luck has the kind of season he is having if he had the Redskins WR/TE situation.

but think of the season he would have if he had A. Morris.

Losing Pierre Garcon after week #1 sure hasn't helped the cause either.

I say the jury is out on this guy. He needs a couple more weapons than he has this year to show his full potential. I like the guy and hope he does well. Cant say the same for Cam however, he is just to selfish and builds the Cam instead of the team, I hate that type of player. I do think Luck is the better QB right now, we didn't think Indy had a snowballs chance in hell to be 5 and 3 right now.

He scored two times in the 4th quarter that didn't count, both being called back due to "offense not being set" and "holding". He gets those points instead of AMorris punching it in and nobody says a thing except for how awesome he is and how I drafted him in the 8th round.

But I agree it's been brutal watching him play ... the dropped passes need to stop now! But what frustrated me the most this past game was his inability to look for opportunities OUTSIDE of the pocket ... he hung in there WAY TO LONG. I wanted to see more rollouts and his strengths (aka legs) be utilized. But Shananigans always does the opposite what I think.

He scored two times in the 4th quarter that didn't count, both being called back due to "offense not being set" and "holding". He gets those points instead of AMorris punching it in and nobody says a thing except for how awesome he is and how I drafted him in the 8th round.

But I agree it's been brutal watching him play ... the dropped passes need to stop now! But what frustrated me the most this past game was his inability to look for opportunities OUTSIDE of the pocket ... he hung in there WAY TO LONG. I wanted to see more rollouts and his strengths (aka legs) be utilized. But Shananigans always does the opposite what I think.

I didn't realize Morris scored yesterday. :huh:

It's funny that everyone has done a 180 when it comes to these players' situations.

RGIII was supposed to enjoy more immediate success thanks to a solid coaching staff (at least 1 that was already in place), and solid weapons.

Granted, losing Garcon and Fred Davis (although I've never been a fan) have changed the situation in Washington, but Luck doesn't have much around him either.

A HORRIBLE OLine, an equally sh!tty running game - seriously, Vick Ballard, Delone Carter, Mewelde Moore (early in the season), and Donald Brown at the position? His best 2 TE's are both Rookies, his #2 WR is Donnie f*cking Avery, and his 3rd WR is another Rookie. Seriously, 4 of his top 5 options are Rookies. And while Reggie Wayne is certainly enjoying a bounce-back season, it's not like he's Larry Fitzgerald or anything, especially at age 33.

It's painful to watch right now. Griffin's eyes are downfield but there's just nothing there and he's forced to either check it down short or run with it over and over again. He targeted Josh freakin Morgan 12 times today, that's how slim his options are. Worst group of receivers in the league without Garcon and Davis, maybe by far. They don't even have a good pass catching RB with Helu gone. There's no comparison with Luck, who still has Reggie Wayne and some pretty talented young receivers.

Without Danny Amendola, Bradford has it worse.

It's funny that everyone has done a 180 when it comes to these players' situations.

RGIII was supposed to enjoy more immediate success thanks to a solid coaching staff (at least 1 that was already in place), and solid weapons.

Granted, losing Garcon and Fred Davis (although I've never been a fan) have changed the situation in Washington, but Luck doesn't have much around him either.

A HORRIBLE OLine, an equally sh!tty running game - seriously, Vick Ballard, Delone Carter, Mewelde Moore (early in the season), and Donald Brown at the position? His best 2 TE's are both Rookies, his #2 WR is Donnie f*cking Avery, and his 3rd WR is another Rookie. Seriously, 4 of his top 5 options are Rookies. And while Reggie Wayne is certainly enjoying a bounce-back season, it's not like he's Larry Fitzgerald or anything, especially at age 33.

Agreed completely. Also you can look at the other rookie QBs too, like Tannehill, Russell, Weeden. It's not like any of these guys has all these great options to throw to. Sure they might have an RB to hand off to or a better defense, but that's not how you judge their passing. Fact is these guys all struggled to start but learned and now you can lean on them in the pass game and there's a big difference. RG3 is the same as in Week 1, he hasn't grown. He skipped the early struggles but as a result he hasn't overcome anything and grown.

The Redskins defense sucks, we know that. That's why nobody cared when RG3 was losing games because the defense couldn't stop anybody. It's possible even Mark Sanchez could pass for over 300 yards against the Redskins. The issue now is that RG3 is getting shut down even by bad defenses. People gave him a pass last week. But now two bad games in a row, and one against a garbage defense that can't stop anybody either, and against a single win team to boot, and people are right to question the guy.

The pressure is now off in a way. Luck has made himself the focus by raising the bar the new levels for rookie QBs. RG3 gets a bye week to think things over and heal up, and if he can't evolve then that's very much on him. They absolutely need to completely ditch the option stuff, it does not work at all now, it's finished. RG3 himself mentioned Rodgers, Rodgers doesn't do option stuff. Rodgers does scramble, but he also throws a lot of passes and a lot of TDs. There is no way RG3 can play at that level, but if he wants to be a serious NFL QB he can at least try and emulate the guy and eliminate what doesn't work from his own game.

No more option junk, heavily minimize the running game, and just throw the ball all over the place. You are 3-6, you need to develop as a passer now. Forget the pretty completion rate or the rushing yardage, that is stuff you add on after you're already very good.