Sign in to follow this  
ElectricBoogaloo

Ronnie Hillman to debut...

Well....Willis' knees finally fell apart and this kid gets to tote the rock. 3rd in the nation in FBS rushing last yr. Fast to the edge and in space. A smaller scat back with receiving skills. Was decent in pass protection after Willis went down, but sure to lose some goal line carries to "bowling" Ball. I think he's gonna get broken in this weekend against KC. Broncos get the lead early and put him to work in the run game to work out the kinks. 18 caries for 85. 3 catches for 25. Maybe he breaks a TD. Anybody playing this kid this weekend? The matchup doesn't get much better. My gut says to wait and see for a week, but often points are left on the table with this approach...

Flexing him in a PPR league over a gimpy Julio. Contemplating starting him over BGE in a PPR league as well but I like BGE's chances for 100+ yards against a terrible Raiders defense. Might play it safe there but I like Hillman's chances this week.

What better matchup than KC to break the rookie in on? Peyton has had all week to work the kid into more plays so his ceiling this week is enticing. Hopefully his pass blocking is on par because this is the make or break portion of his playing time tomorrow.

Definite wait and see. They can go in one of many directions and they have made no commitment to any single back.

Down't own him anywhere but curious how he performs.

Only 1 game this season over 4.0 YPC and it was against the Saints.

Side note. I was just looking over some rb stats and was surprised to see Foster sitting at 4.0 for the year.

AP is all the way up at 5.8

Ball will finish with better stats. And a majority of the total touches.

This is what I'm leery of. Hopefully Hillman gets some garbage time, clock-killing work after Peyton gets his.

I'm starting in one league, and I purposely didn't pick him up in a 2nd league because I am eliminated from the playoffs. I just don't have a good feeling about this on several levels - timeshare, won't get goalline carries, too light, etc.

I hope I'm wrong.

Former McGahee owner here...lucky enough to get Hillman off the wire and I'm rolling with him at flex over Julio, T Smith and F Jax. I figure if the guy is gonna go large it'll be this week against KC. If he ends up in a miserable time share/no goal line/all Peyton air show situation then oh well, but I don't want to miss the potential upside.

I think K Moreno will be the bell cow with McGahee out. Hillman will still be COP and Ball the FB. Moreno is a better 1st/2nd down back and will get the lions share and will be closing out the wins. Also, fresh legs for the stretch run.

I think K Moreno will be the bell cow with McGahee out. Hillman will still be COP and Ball the FB. Moreno is a better 1st/2nd down back and will get the lions share and will be closing out the wins. Also, fresh legs for the stretch run.

I agree with this assessment. I don't think Hillman is going to "carry the load" and have that much value. He is too small to be the guy right now and Knowshon is probably the more complete package. It is a risky proposition to play any of these three until we see how it shakes out. I'm just hoping that someone steps forward and takes the main roll.

Update from Rotoworld:

The Broncos won't confirm their starter at tailback for Week 12 at Kansas City, but the Denver Post is hearing that Knowshon Moreno will get a chance to "be the man."

Similar to Jonathan Dwyer earlier in the season, Moreno will go from the inactives list to the lead-back role. Coach John Fox is "anxious" to see Knowshon after he showed "fresh legs" and looked "much better" in this week's practices. We still expect this backfield to be a three-man committee. Ronnie Hillman is the most dangerous playmaker of the trio, but still isn't trusted to protect Peyton Manning. Moreno is the safer Week 12 fantasy start while Hillman offers more upside as a risk/reward play. Both backs are mere flex options until one proves himself worthy of RB2 consideration. Nov 25 - 11:59 AM

I wasn't starting either Hillman or Moreno but with Hillman already on my roster, just picked up Moreno just so I don't miss the boat if he does well. If you have a chance to grab a RB off the wire, it's worth a shot!

Broncos to start Knowshon Moreno at tailback ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Knowshon Moreno will be the Broncos' starting tailback in Week 12 against the Chiefs.

His colleague Adam Schefter confirms it. According to Mort, Moreno's start stems from the fact that he's "218 pounds and more stout in pass protection." It's an odd time for coach John Fox's staff to begin trusting a player they've shown absolutely no faith in to this point in time, but it underscores how little they trust rookie Ronnie Hillman to pick up the blitz. We're still expecting a three-man committee, and if you absolutely have to start a Broncos back, Hillman is the choice. If you're in a situation where Moreno seems like a viable option, it's not a good sign for your team's Week 12 prospects. He can't be trusted in 12-14 team leagues. The whole situation should be avoided until we gain a little on-field clarity. Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter Nov 25 - 12:11 PM

I got focked cause Hillman hasn't had one damn carry. Moreno is getting every damn thing. Thanks focking me Denver!

Had Hillman benched all year as a handcuff for McGahee's eventual injury, and this is the thanks I get. Barring a miracle, this one is gonna hurt.

I got focked cause Hillman hasn't had one damn carry. Moreno is getting every damn thing. Thanks focking me Denver!

I agree ,hope the chiefs win

John Fox has no love for Hillman.

Need him to break a long one.......soon.

Need him to break a long one.......soon.

At 3 carries a game, they better be real long ones.

At the last minute I put Julio Jones in at flex and benched Hillman. Thanks to whomever posted the news about Moreno going to be getting the start.

Good lord the guy had 9 yards...and Julio exploded! Maybe the first time I've ever had a last second change work out.

:overhead:

people were making plenty of sense when they pointed out no way Fox is going to risk Peyton's health and putting in a 5'7" rookie vs another RB that has more experience with pass protection and that part of the nfl. some people just didn't listen.

See post #17

This would be your fault.

Need him to break a long one off (in everyone who started him).......soon.

Fixed

See post #17

This would be your fault.

Yea didn't think I would need to check to see if he would focking start when all week they were saying he was going to get his chance to be the main back. You would THINK being number 2 on the depth chart makes you the starter when the number 1 guy gets hurt. He'll Hillman had more carries when mcgahee was playing