Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What's Wrong with Rodgers?

He isn't really doing anything right now and the past couple of weeks he hasn't done much either. Ever since their bye he hasn't hit the same stats he was before it. Can anyone see what's exactly wrong with him?

Poor offensive line play and no running game, but mostly no time to throw anything medium to deep.

Packers have run the ball for 150 yards

Rodgers has passed for 253 and counting.....

Tough NFC Norris match-up against the Vikes.... Not sure what you expect :dunno:

He's #2 fantasy in the league of all players going into today.....

After Brees' 0 TD/5 INT performance this week, I suspect he will be #1

I'm not sure what's wrong with him :lol: :lol:

This has quickly become a Packer apologist thread.

:thumbsdown:

What scoring do you go by? Just a quick look and I see that both Brady and RGIII have out scored him. Rodgers was my first round pick so I would hope he would put up at least 20 in one of the games he's had since his bye week but he hasnt

What scoring do you go by? Just a quick look and I see that both Brady and RGIII have out scored him. Rodgers was my first round pick so I would hope he would put up at least 20 in one of the games he's had since his bye week but he hasnt

This.

Agreed he is 4th in 2 different leagues I am in with different scoring rules.

Thing is that one monster game with 6 TDs probably skews his ranking even higher than it really is on a week by week help a team to a win basis. I mean he scored 2 weeks of pts in one game but it only gets you one win in head to head

What scoring rules do you have? The Packers homer league settings?

RG3 and Brees were top 2 depending on your scoring settings in most leagues (4 or 6 pt TDs, in 4pt leagues RG3 had the edge). After Brees awful performance maybe Brady got the top slot, since RG3 hasn't even played yet, but likely he will grab it back.

What scoring rules do you have? The Packers homer league settings?

RG3 and Brees were top 2 depending on your scoring settings in most leagues (4 or 6 pt TDs, in 4pt leagues RG3 had the edge). After Brees awful performance maybe Brady got the top slot, since RG3 hasn't even played yet, but likely he will grab it back.

Its rg3, brees, and brady in both my leagues.

He isn't really doing anything right now and the past couple of weeks he hasn't done much either. Ever since their bye he hasn't hit the same stats he was before it. Can anyone see what's exactly wrong with him?

You can spot the crack smoking Americans a mile away. Lay off the crack and come up north to smoke some quality BC herb and I guarantee u won;t be this stupid anymore.

His oline blows right now.

Even when Bulaga was not playing well...he was better than Lang at RT and having Dietrich-Smith at LG.

Now Lang got hurt and they had a youngster out there at RT.

Maybe the young guy did enough to keep playing RT and they can move Lang back to LG where he belongs (if his injury does not keep him out long).

The OLine has been pretty bad - most passing plays involve Rodgers getting flushed from the pocket and having to throw on the run. Rodgers was also leading the league in sacks last I checked and that is never a good sign for QB productivity. There has not been enough time for things to open up deep and having your #1 WR out for most of the season has not helped. Jennings was at least back this week and that should help going forward. Minn basically played the pass all day though and the Packers were content to run and rely on the defense to win the game. No sense in letting Jared beat on Rodgers all day long if you don't have too.

The head coach calls a predictable game and Rodgers is not playing very well right now..

I traded for him a month ago because Cam and Eli svcked.. Well Cam has outperformed him sonce...

Worst trade i made this year. Rodgers is losing my games. Getting out pointed by every stiff QB I play and am in the same boat at the position I thought I fixed...

FVCK HIM!!!

The head coach calls a predictable game and Rodgers is not playing very well right now..

I traded for him a month ago because Cam and Eli svcked.. Well Cam has outperformed him sonce...

Worst trade i made this year. Rodgers is losing my games. Getting out pointed by every stiff QB I play and am in the same boat at the position I thought I fixed...

FVCK HIM!!!

grow up

Chris Collinsworth just said that Rodgers played one of the better games he's seen by a qb considering the circumstances ( bad o line etc.). Not sure I agree, but interesting opinion none the less.

Poor offensive line play and no running game, but mostly no time to throw anything medium to deep.

Is the slippery slope they play with deciding to re sign their veterans. Sometimes it bites you in the arse.

It's true Rodgers is having some down games, but it's mostly due to oline problems. I won't blame the run game cuz they had nothing last year and still dominated.

Funny part is, despite a down season Rosgers is on pace for a ludicrous 4000 40td 13int or something like that. And that's with only having 1 monstrous game. Dude is unreal.

This argument is similar to the Megatron cursed bust season of not that many week ago. Now hes within reach of Rices all time season record. Wild how things turn around.

It's true Rodgers is having some down games, but it's mostly due to oline problems. I won't blame the run game cuz they had nothing last year and still dominated.

Funny part is, despite a down season Rosgers is on pace for a ludicrous 4000 40td 13int or something like that. And that's with only having 1 monstrous game. Dude is unreal.

This argument is similar to the Megatron cursed bust season of not that many week ago. Now hes within reach of Rices all time season record. Wild how things turn around.

I posted this in another forum and got bashed but am reposting in this thread as it going along the lines of what I was saying.

As for Rodgers, his ADP was 2 according to MFL.com. Here are his stats:

<pre>
Week    Opp     Result         Cmp      Att     Cmp%    Yard    TD      INT     Att     Yard    Avg     TD      FFPts
1       SF      L 22-30         30      44      68.2    303     2       1       5       27      5.4     0       21.8
2       CHI     W 23-10         22      32      68.8    219     1       1       3       -6      -2.0    0       11.2
3       at SEA  L 12-14         26      39      66.7    223     0       0       2       17      8.5     0       10.6
4       NO      W 28-27         31      41      75.6    319     4       1       5       13      2.6     0       29.1
5       at IND  L 27-30         21      33      63.6    243     3       1       5       57      11.4    0       26.4
6       at HOU  W 42-24         24      37      64.9    338     6       0       2       17      8.5     0       39.2
7       at STL  W 30-20         30      37      81.1    342     3       0       2       0       0.0     0       25.7
8       JAC     W 24-15         22      35      62.9    186     2       0       3       4       1.3     0       13.8
9       ARI     W 31-17         14      30      46.7    218     4       1       8       33      4.1     0       27.0
11      at DET  W 24-20         19      27      70.4    236     2       1       1       3       3.0     0       16.7
12      at NYG  L 10-38         14      25      56.0    219     1       1       3       22      7.3     0       12.0
13      MIN     W 23-14         27      35      77.1    286     1       1       4       15      3.8     0       15.9
</pre>

Four of Rodgers' last 5 games haven't been stellar and two of his first three weren't great either. You could've drafted RG3, Ryan, Peyton, or Luck far lower and gotten better or nearly the same production.

The guy isn't a total flop by any means but as I said earlier, given their ADP and the expectations affixed to each, their production is disappointing, especially here in the stretch run of the FF season.

Chris Collinsworth just said that Rodgers played one of the better games he's seen by a qb considering the circumstances ( bad o line etc.). Not sure I agree, but interesting opinion none the less.

He was on fire early in the game.

And that 11 minute drive considering he is the offense was fantastic.

He was also a bogus holding penalty away from another early TD to James Jones.

1) His o-line stinks

2) Packers can't figure out how to beat cover 2 because no one respects their run game.

I expect GB to hire Tim Hightower this week. At least for depth. It's still going to be a pass first offense.

He's still the best fantasy QB in football. Don't fool yourself thinking he's not top 3.