Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Faith in Rodgers

Start him against Chicago. Seriously. Chicago's defense is worn down and injury-ridden right now. Plus, division game for the division leader, its going to be a huge game for him. 30-350-3 prediction. And I hate GB

I'm as big a Rodgers defender as anyone, but this is just silly. In Chicago, the middle of December, good chance for rain and a defense that will be primarily focused on taking away the big play from Rodgers. I'd be happy with 250-2 and the game will likely come down to his ability to play efficiently without throwing ints.

Like someone else said, those who are defending the hog likely don't own him and haven't been paying as close attention as those who have been hampered by the pig.

He's single-handedly taken me out of contention for our total points race, which has a bigger payday than our head to head.

Anyway you slice it, he hasn't come close to living up to his ADP. His production is off a whopping 33% from last year. He'll be lucky to throw for 4,000 yds, which is a low standard these days.

I own him, and am likely starting Kaepernick this week.

Now, that's not so much a bash on Rodgers as it is a nod to Kaepernick, and I'm still undecided.

I own him, and am likely starting Kaepernick this week.

Now, that's not so much a bash on Rodgers as it is a nod to Kaepernick, and I'm still undecided.

Im rolling with Freeman vs NO

If you look at total season numbers he is top 5 or 6. Look at weekly scoring and get back to me.

To say he is elite would mean he would put up in one league I am in at least 20 points. 4 pt. td's, 1 pt. per 25 yards...

He has broken 20 points 6 times, he has scored less than 20 points 7 times.

5 of the last 6 games have been under 20 points... Those are awful, awful numbers for where he was drafted and what people think of him...

Another league I am in with him 6 pt. td's, 1 pt. per 25 yards, bonus for 300, 400, 500 yards passing...

He is fifth in points but he is so inconsistent it's pathetic...

In my mind a stud is someone that is consistent. He is not and he has been serviceable this year...

Like I said he had 2 or 3 ridiculous games to make his stats look better than he has been...

If I can pick someone off the ww that performs the same as him week to week and win then Rodgers sucks!!!

I have won a title streaming QB's week to week before and this is the first year that I drafted a QB in the first round...

I did it as in my spot there were too many question marks on the RB/WR available and thought Rodgers was the safest pick...

If that happens again I will trade my focking pick down...

when he wins another superbowl this year, I'd like to talk to you the Monday morning.

Talk me out of starting Kaepernick. Seriously.

shut up. seriously...

as far as rodgers goes, it definitely would have been better drafting McCoy there. Oh wait...Maybe McFadden...guess not...Rice...1/2 and 1/2 I guess...

The point, which I'm sure is missed by most who are prone to just scream, Rodgers sucks!, is this: There are dudes at any point in the draft that don't live up exactly to their ADP. Or their auction cost or whatever. Everyone was hoping for a repeat of last year, and it didn't happen. Well guess what, CJ3K hasn't run for 2000 yards in a while either. Things happen. It's not like he flopped like McFadden, or CJ, or blahblahblah. He still got the job done, still gave you good not great numbers most weeks, and still got a lot of people to the FF playoffs...

yes I had him, yes I made the playoffs, yes I lost that league last week, not because of him however. And another thing, 1 player doesn't a team make. In the leauge I got him in, I also got Charles, AJ Green, Spiller, Nicks, Austin, Heath Miller, etcetcetc. Traded Matty Ice few weeks back for Alfred Morris, and had a beast of a team going into the playoffs. Lost by a ton, 5 TDs and 400 yards from Rodgers wouldn't have mattered...

So if you want to be a simple fool and sit here and spout off about how much Rodgers sucks because you can't accept the fact that maybe the rest of your team sucked and you're looking for a scapegoat, go ahead. This board is all about that type of nonsense anyway. But know this, just because other dummies are in agreement, doesn't make the viewpoint a good one. Or a logical one...

HTH

Updated

Arod tied for 6th in 4pt td 20 yd pass league

9 pts ahead of 9th ranked QB

He doesn't suck but his fantasy output does....... when the difference between startîng arod and palmer is only 2pts per week over 14 wks of this fantasy-----it gets kind of silly trying to claim he isnt a first round bust.

He may be (is) a great qb just like fitz is a great wr.......botom line not great fantasy players this year which is why I traded him away this year after week two when it was apparent to me that arod and pack just weren't looking right....really sloppy even with all healthy

So I guess the point of this thread is that if your first round pick doesn't care you through a fantasy season then he sucks. Or maybe the owners do in not completing your draft to have a balanced team?

Have ARod on my team and got high point for week 14. He sucks.

Every year about half the first rounders don't live up to expectations or ADP. Is it on the player or the hype machine for some of these players. Banking on repeats of career years is never a good decision.

I am a bona fide Packer owner (1 Share) and I love Aaron Rodgers; drafted him #1 overall in a 14-team league with 6 point TD passes. I agree with the frustration of the majority here; my opponent in Week 13 picked Chad Henne off the waiver wire Sunday morning and he outscored ARod! Ouch!

I started worrying about ARod several weeks back and picked Ben Roethlisberger off waivers before his return to health. I like to set my lineup on Tuesday morning and then think about it as the week progresses (though I usually don't second-guess myself unless an injury crops up). In any case, I did the unthinkable this morning and benched Rodgers for Roethlisberger. I'll probably flip back before kickoff on Sunday, but the fact I'm even considering it is near heresy. Having said that, it's the semifinals and loser goes home; there's no place for sentimentality in fantasy football!

i am thinking about starting carson palmer against the chiefs (4th most points allowed) over rodgers against the bears (least points allowed). 6 pts per td, is this crazy? My gut tells me to do it, the game is in chicago, possible bad weather, lots of injuries in GB...

i am thinking about starting carson palmer against the chiefs (4th most points allowed) over rodgers against the bears (least points allowed). 6 pts per td, is this crazy? My gut tells me to do it, the game is in chicago, possible bad weather, lots of injuries in GB...

No its not crazy. Its clutch time and I dont care how good Rodgers was LAST year this year isnt his best performance fantasy wise. There im benching him for Freeman and not looking back. Second guessing yourself on those decisions will haunt you.

Very tempted to start Andy Dalton tonight instead of Aaron Rodgers. Pains me to bench Rodgers when I have been starting him all year. Make the move now and watch it blow up in my face. :doh: :doh:

I'm trying to decide between Rodgers, a hobbled RG3 and Palmer in 6pt/td league with 5pt bonuses at 300 & 400 yards. I really have no idea who I'm going to play.

I really don't trust Rodgers on the road against Chicago but I'm still really torn because I'm not sure I trust the others this week either. RG3 is hobbled and if he isn't very mobile he isn't going to be as effective. Palmer has also gotten a lot of his points in garbage time while other teams are in prevent but this game will be closer and there will be a lot more running and so there won't be nearly the number of passing attempts I don't think. I don't know...

shut up. seriously...

as far as rodgers goes, it definitely would have been better drafting McCoy there. Oh wait...Maybe McFadden...guess not...Rice...1/2 and 1/2 I guess...

The point, which I'm sure is missed by most who are prone to just scream, Rodgers sucks!, is this: There are dudes at any point in the draft that don't live up exactly to their ADP. Or their auction cost or whatever. Everyone was hoping for a repeat of last year, and it didn't happen. Well guess what, CJ3K hasn't run for 2000 yards in a while either. Things happen. It's not like he flopped like McFadden, or CJ, or blahblahblah. He still got the job done, still gave you good not great numbers most weeks, and still got a lot of people to the FF playoffs...

yes I had him, yes I made the playoffs, yes I lost that league last week, not because of him however. And another thing, 1 player doesn't a team make. In the leauge I got him in, I also got Charles, AJ Green, Spiller, Nicks, Austin, Heath Miller, etcetcetc. Traded Matty Ice few weeks back for Alfred Morris, and had a beast of a team going into the playoffs. Lost by a ton, 5 TDs and 400 yards from Rodgers wouldn't have mattered...

So if you want to be a simple fool and sit here and spout off about how much Rodgers sucks because you can't accept the fact that maybe the rest of your team sucked and you're looking for a scapegoat, go ahead. This board is all about that type of nonsense anyway. But know this, just because other dummies are in agreement, doesn't make the viewpoint a good one. Or a logical one...

HTH

:overhead: Post of the year!! :overhead:

Hey, Pooh "head". For one my team is solid. Did not lose because it stunk , lost because I had awful luck. Most points for, most against in that league. Teams pulled ice cream from their butt Feek after week. 6 teams put their high score for the year on me. where I drafted Rodgers I expected much, much more. I would not have had a 5-8 record if that stiff had been better.

Two u r a focking moron deek head! I am talking fantasy only. You are such a moron you are talking real football. You think I don't know he is a great qb? Idiot, pooh head!!!

I laid out his season and why he has stunk. If you think he has had a good fantasy year and think he has justified his draft position then I would love to have you in my league. Never hurts to have another pooh head moron. Can only imagine how pathetic your teams are with you showing how lacking your analytical skills are in this thread.

Rodgers hasn't looked himself all year but I have to think that Jennings and Jordy missing a ton of games has been impactful. I think there has been this assumption that GB has a ton of receiver talent and wouldn't miss them but maybe that hasn't been the case?

I mean can we imagine how mediocre say Ryan would be without Roddy and Julio for most of the year?

Start him against Chicago. Seriously. Chicago's defense is worn down and injury-ridden right now. Plus, division game for the division leader, its going to be a huge game for him. 30-350-3 prediction. And I hate GB

I'm not giving advice, but before you listen to the advice I quoted, go look up Rodgers career numbers (and game by game) against the Chicago Bears. As a Bears Homer, and a two time Rodgers owner...that match up is the reason I will never draft Rodgers again. Despite him having a down year, he just doesn't put up good numbers against the Bears. And these two teams always seem to have a game scheduled during the fantasy playoffs.

Here, I'll put it here for you:

December 22, 2008: Bears 20, Packers 17

Rodgers completed 24-of-39 passes for 260 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.

September 13, 2009: Packers 21, Bears 15

Rodgers completed 17-of-28 passes for 184 yards with one touchdown.

December 13, 2009: Packers 21, Bears 14

Rodgers completed 16-of-24 passes for 180 yards. He also completed a two-point conversion pass to Greg Jennings.

September 27, 2010: Bears 20, Packers 17

Rodgers completed 34-of-45 passes for 316 yards with one touchdown and an interception. He also had a three-yard touchdown rush.

January 2, 2011: Packers 10, Bears 3

Rodgers completed 19-of-28 passes for 229 yards with one touchdown and an interception. With the victory, the Packers clinched a playoff berth.

January 23, 2011: Packers 21, Bears 14 (NFC Championship)

Rodgers completed 17-of-30 passes for 244 yards with two interceptions. He also had a one-yard touchdown run. With the victory, the Packers became NFC Champions.

September 25, 2011: Packers 27, Bears 17

Rodgers completed 28-of-38 passes for 297 yards with three touchdowns and an interception.

December 25, 2011: Packers 35, Bears 21

Rodgers completed 21-of-29 passes for 283 yards with five touchdowns. With the victory, the Packers clinched home-field advantage throughout the 2012 NFC playoffs.

September 13, 2012: Packers 23, Bears 10

Rodgers competed 22-of-32 passes for 219 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

He's only had 2-3 good games against the Bears, from a fantasy perspective, in his career. A lot of those games came during the fantasy playoffs. I think the one game he absolutely blew up in last year was after most fantasy championships had been decided, but I could be wrong on that.

Just some perspective for those needing to make a decision on starting Rodgers against the Bears this week with their fantasy lives on the line. With some pretty significant pieces of the Bears defense being banged up or completely out this week, he may put up big numbers...but his history certainly wouldn't make me confident of that.

Hey, Pooh "head". For one my team is solid. Did not lose because it stunk , lost because I had awful luck. Most points for, most against in that league. Teams pulled ice cream from their butt Feek after week. 6 teams put their high score for the year on me. where I drafted Rodgers I expected much, much more. I would not have had a 5-8 record if that stiff had been better.

Two u r a focking moron deek head! I am talking fantasy only. You are such a moron you are talking real football. You think I don't know he is a great qb? Idiot, pooh head!!!

I laid out his season and why he has stunk. If you think he has had a good fantasy year and think he has justified his draft position then I would love to have you in my league. Never hurts to have another pooh head moron. Can only imagine how pathetic your teams are with you showing how lacking your analytical skills are in this thread.

excellent retort. I especially like how you use deek to spell out ###### and other stuff like that. It's hot...

Now to the situation at hand...he's approximately the 4th-6th highest scorer in FF, depending on your scoring. Can you count moron?!?!? 1...2...3...4...5...6

If you think FF is about getting a guarantee that the first qb drafted will be the highest scorer in the league, then you are a bigger idiot than you're making yourself out to be. That's the only point I'm making, but I don't expect you to understand things like that, what with the rage over Rodgers not having 150 more FF pts than everyone else and what not...

smarten up please...

The point I was making which you seemed to over look is...

His season numbers look good because he has had 2-3 games that were huge. But and a big but is if you

look at his games week to week he is really a mediocre FANTASY qb...

If you have had him as your qb the last month then you have been out scored by whichever qb he has faced...

When you can pick a guy off the ww who is better than your first round pick then yes he has stunk it up

week after week after week.

I did not draft him to be the # 1 qb but I did draft him to be a consistent scorer week in and week out. Someone you could depend on every week and have an advantage at that position most weeks.

He has been neither of those all year...

Facing the Rodgers owner this week so I hope he throws 5 Interceptions and barely breaks 100 yards passing with no TD's. I know he has struggled against the Bears D but I wonder what the missing element of Brian Urlacher does to that equation. Oh well he is still going to cause me anxiety and I hope there is a driving rain swirling with freezing temperatures since I am also facing Marshall when the Bears have the ball. I hope it is the best defensive game of the year.:cheers:

I have never agonized over a "whom to start" decision as I am this week.

I have started Rodgers every week (minus his bye) and am 9-4, top points earner, first round bye. I am also a huge Packer homer.

now here I sit, realizing the the Packer passing game has been toned down, playing the Bears on their shitty field, possibly in bad weather.

My other option is Luck, who is on the road against a pissed off team 11-2 team, missing two of his o-linemen

tell me your thoughts fftoday :dunno:

I currently have Rodgers sitting in favor of Freeman. I just see both his floor and ceiling being higher and the flow of the TB-NO game being much much more high scoring (duh, O/U 10-13 pts higher or more). I just don't know what to make of Rodgers or the GB/CHI game.. in any respect.

The Texans pass D is their vulnerability.. but i'd think they can control some serious clock at home v. Indy. I'd prob go with Rodgers if I were you.

The fact that Freeman's matchup is SO nice on paper (along with AR's recent struggles), is the main reason for popping him in there. I'd be more hesitant as you move down the weekly ranking sheet.

I just made that move after thinking about it for the last 2 days. It's just a lot more likely that Palmer will outperform Rodgers this week.

Rodgers hasn't looked himself all year but I have to think that Jennings and Jordy missing a ton of games has been impactful. I think there has been this assumption that GB has a ton of receiver talent and wouldn't miss them but maybe that hasn't been the case?

I mean can we imagine how mediocre say Ryan would be without Roddy and Julio for most of the year?

Anyone have thoughts on this? Something to it or no?

Anyone have thoughts on this? Something to it or no?

Sure the loss of Jennings and Nelson have contributed Matt. The oline has had some issues too, and the running game has not been adequate for the most of the season (though its getting better). The offense has had to 'dumb down' elements as a result of poor pass protection - Rodgers has been sacked 39 times thus far (maybe more). So Rodgers is getting harried a lot with not much of a running game to counter the pass rush and then when he gets time he doesn't have his favorite targets to throw to. Driver's not outrunning anyone and opposing teams are now shadowing Cobb all game. Not good!

I currently have Rodgers sitting in favor of Freeman. I just see both his floor and ceiling being higher and the flow of the TB-NO game being much much more high scoring (duh, O/U 10-13 pts higher or more). I just don't know what to make of Rodgers or the GB/CHI game.. in any respect.

The Texans pass D is their vulnerability.. but i'd think they can control some serious clock at home v. Indy. I'd prob go with Rodgers if I were you.

The fact that Freeman's matchup is SO nice on paper (along with AR's recent struggles), is the main reason for popping him in there. I'd be more hesitant as you move down the weekly ranking sheet.

yeah, starting Freeman over Rodgers tomorrow is a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, my opponent is starting him :angry:

I'm thinking of benching Rodgers in my Dynasty and going with Stafford. Reason being, I'm going against Rodgers in my main league and I can just root for a bad game. But, I've started him all year long...if he has a good game, I'll be royally pissed. UGH....

Talk me out of starting Kaepernick. Seriously.

I would if I could but since I have no other choice...Rodgers or cutler I don't have that fortunate chance of having K on my bench. Start K...wish me luck with Rodgers.

I just read where over the last 5 weeks, Aaron Rodgers ranks 22nd amongst QBs in points in most scoring systems. 22nd.

Anyone who is benching him this week for a solid option is doing so based on recent numbers, not just a gut feel. Period.

i hope every single one of you complaining donkeys sat him for far worse options...

As I said in a previous thread, I drafted Rodgers in the 1st round and I am going down or winning with him at the helm. You can live playing a top 5 player. Benching them is just unforgettable

I'm thinking of benching Rodgers in my Dynasty and going with Stafford. Reason being, I'm going against Rodgers in my main league and I can just root for a bad game. But, I've started him all year long...if he has a good game, I'll be royally pissed. UGH....

Started Rodgers...I don't think I ever seriously considered otherwise. Glad I did. :pointstosky:

Projected 30-350-3

Actual 23-291-3

Hate to say I told you so, but I know my bears. They're worn out after their 7-1 start, and they're just gonna lie down and take it for the rest of the year.

Projected 30-350-3

Actual 23-291-3

Hate to say I told you so, but I know my bears. They're worn out after their 7-1 start, and they're just gonna lie down and take it for the rest of the year.

props :thumbsup: