Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Shanahan

What a dumb fock. It's painfully obvious RG3 is hurt and cab barely walk but you don't care and now it looks like he focked up his knee even more.

What a dumb fock. It's painfully obvious RG3 is hurt and cab barely walk but you don't care and now it looks like he focked up his knee even more.

Exactly. Dude can't even plant his back leg on throws.

RG3 is one of my favorite players to watch, and if he doesn't recover well from this because of Shanahan's decision, I will hate that man...

Must've thought he was a running back & could just insert the next warm body in their & do just fine. Sorry Shanahan, but Kirk Cousins isn't RGIII.

Horrible decision on his part and I hope the media hammers him for it.

Only if they're hypocrites (which they are). If RG3 takes himself out everyone will call him a quitter and trash him like they did Cutler, saying if you can stand you should be playing in a playoff game. If Shanny makes that decision, and says it's his decision, people will still say RG3 should have talked him out of it (which is what happened actually).

The worst thing that could have happened is for RG3 to be taken out. He would have lost the team most likely, and his toughness would then be questioned by the media and fans and it would constantly get brought up, effectively cutting his balls off.

Right now he will take some momentary heat maybe, same with Shanahan. But they'll be back next year and it will all be forgotten. Shanahan knows this, and that's why he left him in. The Redskins were undermanned this year anyway, half their starters on defense were out after all, and even Garcon was injured this game, and Fred Davis has been out most of the year (as well as Garcon actually). Most people had the Seahawks as favorites too, so it's amazing seeing this complete turnaround with everyone essentially acting like simply starting Cousins from the 2nd quarter on would have ensured a win. This is the Seahawks D, probably Cousins would have struggled too, just like many other great QBs like Rodgers and Brady all year. RG3 isn't the first QB that will struggle against the Hawks D and he won't be the last, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan is awful next week.

Also on a similar note, Luck struggling against the Ravens doesn't say too much either. It happens.

Yeah, he should have never come out for the 2nd half. Couldn't run and couldn't plant to throw. Pretty obvious to everyone watching..........

Only if they're hypocrites (which they are). If RG3 takes himself out everyone will call him a quitter and trash him like they did Cutler, saying if you can stand you should be playing in a playoff game. If Shanny makes that decision, and says it's his decision, people will still say RG3 should have talked him out of it (which is what happened actually).

The worst thing that could have happened is for RG3 to be taken out. He would have lost the team most likely, and his toughness would then be questioned by the media and fans and it would constantly get brought up, effectively cutting his balls off.

Right now he will take some momentary heat maybe, same with Shanahan. But they'll be back next year and it will all be forgotten. Shanahan knows this, and that's why he left him in. The Redskins were undermanned this year anyway, half their starters on defense were out after all, and even Garcon was injured this game, and Fred Davis has been out most of the year (as well as Garcon actually). Most people had the Seahawks as favorites too, so it's amazing seeing this complete turnaround with everyone essentially acting like simply starting Cousins from the 2nd quarter on would have ensured a win. This is the Seahawks D, probably Cousins would have struggled too, just like many other great QBs like Rodgers and Brady all year. RG3 isn't the first QB that will struggle against the Hawks D and he won't be the last, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan is awful next week.

Also on a similar note, Luck struggling against the Ravens doesn't say too much either. It happens.

I meant it was a horrible decision on Ratface's part. Not just for the game, but the long-term health of their franchise player.

All that aside, IMO they had a better chance to win the game with the healthy back-up playing vs a guy playing on one leg. I don't think any knowledgeable fans or media members would have questioned his toughness. I know I wouldn't have. Maybe the internet trolls but who gives a fock about them?

Great that he wanted to be in there, but at some point, you have to make the decision that you aren't helping the team by toughing it out and that's where Shanahan should have stepped in and made the call.

Shanahan thought having Griffin play on one leg gave him a better shot to win than playing Cousins, so I won't second guess him. That's his decision to make. You can't play scared (or in this case coach scared). Obviously it didn't work and now that Griffin may/appears to have a significant injury for this it proved to be wrong, but hindsite is 20/20. If Griffin had lead the team to a win instead, Shanahan would look smart. If Griffin had lasted the whole game and they still lost, nobody would have said a word.

In the playoffs, there's no tommorrow or next week to rest for; all there is is offseason. So roll the dice, do whatever it takes to win.

If Griffin had lasted the whole game and they still lost, nobody would have said a word.

I don't think that is true at all - I'm a huge RG3 fan, but he was not effective at all after the first quarter and it seemed obvious just about anyone else in there at QB would have been a better choice.

I disagree.

You could tell RGIII wanted to be out there with his teammates. He's downplayed all of his injuries this season and, by all accounts, has been an unbelievable leader this season. He played at far less than 100% last week, even though his play clearly suffered. On Sunday, 2 easy TD passes aside, it was clear that RGIII was going to be largely ineffective and playing through a GREAT deal of pain.

Some people are comparing this to Cutler's situation a few years back, and I don't think its a fair comparison. RGII has been a great leader/teammate, and that's Cutler's biggest question mark. Cutler also just sat on the sidelines and pouted on the bench without trying to help his team at all - almost like he had quit. By contrast, RGIII has shown a willingness to do whatever it takes to help his team win. Can't fault the guy if he couldn't get it done on a still-healing LCL tear and a bulky knee brace that made it seem like he could barely walk. And he clearly re-injured something during the game, even before his knee buckled in the 4th quarter.

And I'm not even an RGIII fan.

Are people actually comparing this situation to Cutlers? RGIII's injury happened when they were up 14-0 and he was clearly hobbled. Cutler just left the game when they were down and he was on the sidelines on a stationary bike. Nobody knew he was injured.

The bottom line is RGIII is a 22 year old with a lot of pride and confidence... which is a good thing for an NFL player. Nobody doubts this guys commitment, work ethic, or ability. That said, it is not his call to get back in the game. It is the doctors' and the coaches. Apparently, the coach didn't get the doctor's opinion and threw him in the game knowing that he was gimped. Shanny is to blame here and if RGIII's injury is severe, then Shanny should be fired and sent to the pastures. Even if it isn't, I still think he should go.

Are people actually comparing this situation to Cutlers? RGIII's injury happened when they were up 14-0 and he was clearly hobbled. Cutler just left the game when they were down and he was on the sidelines on a stationary bike. Nobody knew he was injured.

Exactly.

THere's a huge difference between Cutler and RG3 imo.

No one knew about Cutler's injury, while RG3's injury was clearly visible every time he ran.

Plus, an immobile QB in an option offense is quite possibly the easiest thing to defend because you don't have to worry about too much playaction passing or QB running.

RGIII's injury happened when they were up 7-0 14-0 and he was clearly hobbled.

Fixed...

Early rumors are suggesting it is a torn ACL/PCL. That would be the worst case scenario outside of his leg being physically separated from his body. If that is the case, they are saying it may cost his all of next year.

I hope it is not true, but "yikes" if it is.

RatFace will not get his extension if that is the case.

Fixed...

Yeah, it was 7-0, at the 6 yrd line or something the ran once and he threw weak pass to a wide open Paulson, he could have and probably did do that with one leg. If Skins mgmt was smart at all, they would have pulled him from the game right then and there and brought in Cousins. Now it's a pissing contest over who's at fault for him playing when he was clearly hurt.

Fixed...

Really? Come on now they we're at goalline rg3 could barely get that throw off with his one leg and someone diving at it at the same time.

What is it with Seattle fans refusing to acknowledge RG3 injury factored into their comeback win.

Anyone who has ever seen a football game in their life was screaming get that gimpy qb Otta there before his leg is left hanging by a string or falls off

Yeah rg3 injury didnt benefit Seattle at all...sure and Joe Webb at qb wasn't a step down from ponder

Really? Come on now they we're at goalline rg3 could barely get that throw off with his one leg and someone diving at it at the same time.

What is it with Seattle fans refusing to acknowledge RG3 injury factored into their comeback win.

Anyone who has ever seen a football game in their life was screaming get that gimpy qb Otta there before his leg is left hanging by a string or falls off

Yeah rg3 injury didnt benefit Seattle at all...sure and Joe Webb at qb wasn't a step down from ponder

I was just correcting you... You said it was 14-0 before Griffin was hurt, which is an incorrect statement...

I was just correcting you... You said it was 14-0 before Griffin was hurt, which is an incorrect statement...

Wasn't my original comment anyway,

I just think its absurd that you are pretending like they were at the goalline and ready to score when rg3 did get hurt.

Sorry anyone not a hawk fan is just reaming scanning for keeping a guy who could barely walk int the game

Are you saying rg3 being hurt didnt help the hawks comeback? You think they just figured that offense out and all else was equal

Is that what you are trying to elude to?

Wasn't my original comment anyway,

I just think its absurd that you are pretending like they were at the goalline and ready to score when rg3 did get hurt.

Sorry anyone not a hawk fan is just reaming scanning for keeping a guy who could barely walk int the game

Are you saying rg3 being hurt didnt help the hawks comeback? You think they just figured that offense out and all else was equal

Is that what you are trying to elude to?

He was hurt right before the second TD... They were at the 4-yard line when he rolled out and planted his right foot and came up limping... They then tried a Morris run and then the TD pass to Paulsen...

Looks like it is a possible ACL and they are flying him to Miami for a second opinion. Shanahan says they want to clarify and distinguish from old injuries.

Wow, if it is an ACL tear and RG3 is not ready to go for next season due to this foolishness... ###### is going to hit the fan in DC

So he was playing possibly on a torn acl

Seattle fans say, meh irrelevant to outcome

Lol...ok

If he tore his ACL, it must have been before the final injury. He didn't get hit on that last play, he just crumpled.

If he tore his ACL, it must have been before the final injury. He didn't get hit on that last play, he just crumpled.

Its obvious I jury occurs in 1st quarter and he played with it

Roto -

The Washington Post reports that Robert Griffin III's MRI revealed a partially torn ACL and LCL in his right knee.

Griffin is traveling down to Florida to be examined by Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday to determine if the injuries are old or new. It's not clear whether surgery will be required or how long the quarterback will be sidelined if the injuries are determined to be new ones. Griffin is hoping to avoid reconstructive right knee surgery for the second time in his football career, but that remains to be seen.

What AP did is a miracle, not an expected thing.

I fear that RG3 will never be the same again and might be out for 2013.

while I agree the injury probably occured earlier, your premise that he didn't get hit, therefore he didn't get injured on that play is flawed. A good deal of ACL injuries are non-contact. The foot plants wrong, sticks, the knee torques the wrong way, and there goes the ligament. Just because he didn't get hit doesn't mean no damage occured.

I meant it was a horrible decision on Ratface's part. Not just for the game, but the long-term health of their franchise player.

I've come around to your way of thinking. The coach should have stepped his foot down and made it very clear that it was his decision, and he thought RG3 was too injured to continue and he was protecting him. He should have also stepped up and insulated RG3 by making it very clear RG3 really wanted to be in and kept lobbying him, but he just wouldn't let him in.

That is something Parcells would have done. Parcells works his players hard but he does try to protect them as well, so that's why he gets so much respect from his players. I do not think Shanahan has that in him. I don't think he actually cares. I think on some level he does like RG3 the person, but it doesn't seem he likes anyone enough to step in and take the heat for them. I wonder if he'd even back his son up.

RG3's hands were tied, you can't ever tell a player that it's their job to decide not to play. They'll get killed and that's unfair. The top players all have serious belief in themselves and work ethics that drive them beyond rational levels. They have to in order to succeed and earn their livings. It's the coach's job to make sure they don't overdo it. If a player refused to practice full speed when a coach asked them to everyone would side with the coach, so they in turn get the blame when a player wants to play but clearly can't.

Shanna has shown total disregard for rg3 health all year

Pretending concussion didnt occur

Letting him back in 1st time he injured knee

Now letting him play on torn ligaments

Look for players association to take action

The pussification of America spreads to the NFL.

Dude... There is pussification and then there is being careful with a guy you spend 3 first rounds picks and a 2nd on. If RG3 goes down, then the team will continue to be bottom feeders for a long time.

Per Mort and Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Robert Griffin III will undergo a full knee reconstruction after Dr. James Andrews diagnosed Griffin with "complete" tears of both his right ACL and LCL.

Griffin's return timetable has been set at 6-8 months, the normal recovery period for an ACL reconstruction. Griffin will undergo surgery early Wednesday morning. At Baylor, Griffin did bounce back from 2009 ACL surgery to complete 67 percent of his passes with a 22:8 TD-to-INT ratio and eight rushing scores in 2010. "He should be ready for the 2013 regular season opener according to the sources that I spoke with," Mortensen stated on SportsCenter. Although Griffin's recovery will certainly be worth tracking all offseason, ACL surgeries don't bother us as much as they used to. Assuming he avoids setbacks, Griffin's could even stand to make him a value pick in 2013 fantasy drafts.

I am shocked they couldn't see complete tears on a MRI... (We need a sarcasm font}

I am getting ready for the backlash this week in this area.