Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

So, I got a call today ...

They are accepting my settlement offer. It's only about 12 percent of what I owed when I stopped paying a year ago. I'm sure you all were worried about it, but once again, I succeeded in handling my own legal situations without paying a dime to a lawyer, and got exactly what I wanted.

What's really interesting is it's less than half of what my minimum payments would have been for the past year. Making your minimum payments each month is for suckers.

I shoulda been an attorney.

They are accepting my settlement offer. It's only about 12 percent of what I owed when I stopped paying a year ago. I'm sure you all were worried about it, but once again, I succeeded in handling my own legal situations without paying a dime to a lawyer, and got exactly what I wanted.

What's really interesting is it's less than half of what my minimum payments would have been for the past year. Making your minimum payments each month is for suckers.

contract law would suggest you entered into an agreement and breached said agreement. the fabric of capitalism is based upon those receiving a service or product following through with their pledge to pay for said service. it's how businesses stay in business.

contract law would suggest you entered into an agreement and breached said agreement. the fabric of capitalism is based upon those receiving a service or product following through with their pledge to pay for said service. it's how businesses stay in business.

Yeah, well, the government didn't cut me an $800 billion check when it looked like I was going bankrupt.

Look, you can argue a"breach of contract" or "morality" or "what if someone owed you money" until you are blue in the face. I don't give a fock. It's not like I stole money from a church, I decided to go head to head with goliath, and I won. Even my bankruptcy attorney told me, there was no way I could settle it for less than 40%.

BTW, I could argue they violated the contract as well.

Yeah, well, the government didn't cut me an $800 billion check when it looked like I was going bankrupt.

Look, you can argue a"breach of contract" or "morality" or "what if someone owed you money" until you are blue in the face. I don't give a fock. It's not like I stole money from a church, I decided to go head to head with goliath, and I won. Even my bankruptcy attorney told me, there was no way I could settle it for less than 40%.

BTW, I could argue they violated the contract as well.

just pimpin you, bro.

and I won.

i doubt that has ever been true :lol:

i doubt that has ever been true :lol:

It's arguable. I am still sending them a 4 figure check. Really, we both won. I put them in a situation where they would have to be idiots to not accept my offer.

Capital One... credit card? If so, if 12% is a 4 figure check, that mean's you owed around $100K or more. :unsure:

Capital One... credit card? If so, if 12% is a 4 figure check, that mean's you owed around $100K or more. :unsure:

Thats what I was thinking, who in their right mind would give him a limit like that.

10,000 is a five figure number. Morons. So is 99,999.

1000 to 9999 is 4 figures.

1 is a 1 figure number.

It's a thousand dollars. That's what I am sending them. I owed like $8500.

10,000 is a five figure number. Morons. So is 99,999.

1000 to 9999 is 4 figures.

1 is a 1 figure number.

It's a thousand dollars. That's what I am sending them. I owed like $8500.

So I could have been right? Thanks. :thumbsup:

So I could have been right? Thanks. :thumbsup:

And now you know, if you want to impress a girl and you make $12k a year, just say you make "5 figures". Also, it helps if you shave the hairs that grow on your lower shaft.

And now you know, if you want to impress a girl and you make $12k a year, just say you make "5 figures". Also, it helps if you shave the hairs that grow on your lower shaft.

No girl I know would be impressed with five figures a year.

Sounds better than $12k.

Of course, there is also the popular option: lie.

Sounds better than $12k.

Of course, there is also the popular option: lie.

I have size fifteen feet, I never needed to lie to get girls

One of my best lines ever in a club (circa 1998):

Me: You see my friend over there that looks like Kurt Warner?

Hot girl: Yeah.

Me: He thinks you're cute. He used to work for Real Networks. He got stock options. He's rich.

Hot girl: I've got my own money. Just because he has money, that doesn't impress me.

Me: Hi, my name's Adam.

Congrats on being a deadbeat :thumbsup:

Tell me about it. I once had a chick tell me that my situation scared the sh1t out of her. :(

Congrats on being a deadbeat :thumbsup:

It's funny ... most people that know me in RL think I'm rich.

It's kinda like that line in Jaws:

Brody: A boat like this, all this equipment, costs a lot of money. Are you rich?

Hooper: What, me or the whole family?

The family, as a whole, is absolutely loaded. My immediate family is just middle class. Maybe upper middle class.

Technically, the only thing I own is a 65 Mercury Park Lane. Off the record, I have the $1000 in cash. Gonna take it to the bank and have them make it into a check for me.

Fock 'em. Congrats.

You need to shave your lower shaft.

Fock 'em. Congrats.

"Fock 'em!" was exactly the advice my father gave me. Glad I listened to that wise old Jew.

Thanks.

You need to shave your lower shaft.

Makes 5 1/2 figures look like 6, but it doesn't make you a millionaire.

You should have doubled down

I can't tell you how tempted I am to walk into my local poker room, with a fat roll and just push around everyone for awhile ... but I have been keeping this money, just for this end result. Just so I could get out from under this without borrowing from anyone. Then I can start building a roll without having the monthly credit card bill to worry about, should really open up my game.

Makes 5 1/2 figures look like 6, but it doesn't make you a millionaire.

The Jeoprady music at the end make's it nicer?

Fock 'em. Congrats.

Way to go GF. You have the backing of 8mile scum. You're family should be proud.

My BIL does this kind of stuff, in reality he is no better than the banks, or AIG, who practice cannibalism

This makes you proud? that you cant pay your bills? WTF is this world coming too?

This makes you proud? that you cant pay your bills? WTF is this world coming too?

It could be worse, they could forgive some of his debt, and then he could sue them for making the terms of the forgiveness too harsh....

It could be worse, they could forgive some of his debt, and then he could sue them for making the terms of the forgiveness too harsh....

Yep, the AIG model... GFIAFP should do a quick 'thank you' media campaign thanking Capital One for their kindness and support before filing suit...

Yep, the AIG model... GFIAFP should do a quick 'thank you' media campaign thanking Capital One for their kindness and support before filing suit...

That will make it all seem better, for sure.... :thumbsup:

This shocks you? Did you miss the part where he said he's Jewish and he's NOT a lawyer?

:shocking:

It's focking pathetic. Sometimes I feel like GFIAFP gets beat up a little too much around here, but then he goes and posts deadbeat sh!t like this. He thinks he has "won" because he got out of his responsibilities and obligations. No real man crows about that kind of sh!t.

BTW GFIAFP, your credit card account is going to show up as "settled" on your credit report. Everyone knows this means you didn't repay hardly any of your debt, so your credit will be ruined. Not that you care though.

It's funny ... most people that know me in RL think I'm rich.

It's kinda like that line in Jaws:

Brody: A boat like this, all this equipment, costs a lot of money. Are you rich?

Hooper: What, me or the whole family?

The family, as a whole, is absolutely loaded. My immediate family is just middle class. Maybe upper middle class.

Technically, the only thing I own is a 65 Mercury Park Lane. Off the record, I have the $1000 in cash. Gonna take it to the bank and have them make it into a check for me.

But you have "access" to a 24 year old Miata and a Prius.

Good Lord you are pathetic.

Been away for years ... still can't believe that the same old geeks are still around.

Im CapaLincoln at chess.com.

Challenge me, old frined.

:)