Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Cheap place to stay in manhattan overnight?

It's for work on Tuesday night, check out Wednesday. I'm going to a one day conference near Penn Station the next day and don't want to spend a lot of cash. I don't care if the place is old or small, just looking for clean, safe and inexpensive. Hotel 31, pod 51, Milford NYC, park 79, hotel Milford and a few others are all booking on Expedia for around $100 and get decent reviews. Anyone know these places or others in the area to recommend?

If you join their little frequent-flyer club (free), you can almost always find rooms just north of $100 at the Chinatown Wyndham, which is like a $300 value for the schmuck walking in off the street.

It's called Brooklyn :ninja:

I want to be downtown - meeting at 8 AM. I thought about staying with my parents in North Jersey but that's a 1.5 hour commute to manhattan anyway. I can't really justify a $300 / night stay coming from Philly but around $100 is doable. I just don't know any of these hotels on Expedia so all I have to go on are online reviews.

This may be of very little help. But last time I stayed I was at 313 West 53rd off of 8th. Little Asian woman owned the building. Was a nice little place. Not sure if she has much for 1 person as we stayed in a 2 floor apartment for 5 or 6 people. Not even sure how to contact her as I was not the one to set it up.

But there are plenty of places to stay for a reasonable price if you look enough. A lot harder if you are by yourself I guess. I wouldn't be looking for any sort of hotel if I was trying to stay cheap.

I stayed at the Milford about 20 years back, and met up with friends staying there about 10 years back. It's nothing spectacular, but it's well located.

Bunk up with Bloomberg. Just make sure you don't pack more than 16 oz of mascara.

:lol:

Shouldn't work be paying for it? If so, what's the big deal.

just sleep on the penn station floor

Just drive up that morning then loser. Leave at 5:30 and you'll be golden. As it is parking will be 40 to 50 bucks overnight.

If i go to Philly ( philthy I mean) I don't get a hotel. It's a day trip.

Just drive up that morning then loser. Leave at 5:30 and you'll be golden. As it is parking will be 40 to 50 bucks overnight.

If i go to Philly ( philthy I mean) I don't get a hotel. It's a day trip.

My plan was to take the Excela the morning but I have continuous meetings from 8 AM on with the regional VP and its worth it to me to feel fresh. :dunno: Especially if I'm only shelling out $100. My company may let me pay for it but originally I was going to crash with a friend in the city and that fell through.

My plan was to take the Excela the morning but I have continuous meetings from 8 AM on with the regional VP and its worth it to me to feel fresh. :dunno: Especially if I'm only shelling out $100. My company may let me pay for it but originally I was going to crash with a friend in the city and that fell through.

Bring a couple extra tampons :thumbsup: